1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Reference Interest Measurement Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sawn_Kassal, Nov 13, 2009.

Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. TheManinBlack Jedi Master

star 4
    Speaking of making RPs out of video games, I doubt this would be taken seriously but....would anyone like to play a Bioshock RP? Would be set during the civil war in Rapture...
  2. DarthSubZero Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm planning on doing some sort of halo/NJO x-over. Not sure how it will work though.

As for games I would like to see, defnetly a combat thread for the NSRPF.
  3. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 6
    Combat thread in the NSWRPF would be awesome. Particularly if it involved guns.

Lots and lots of guns.:cool:
  4. LordTroepfchen Force Ghost

star 4
    Why does nobody start one, then?

Actually I think I might go on with my more experimental play-types and do a 2 month experiment soon. Just have to choose a story, yet. But we´ll see . . .

Otherwise I still plan for Millions of Voices to be released in January. Which seems to be a crowded month.
  5. DarthSubZero Jedi Master

star 4
    Have just playing Final Fantasy Dissidia, and I'm getting the urge to start a game on thet angle.
  6. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 6
    So, just to test the waters:

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - Inspired by the movie of the same name. Set during the American Civil War, the players are all, for one reason or another, wanderers and guns for hire in the Old West. Soon, they learn a vital clue about the location of $200,000 in gold coins, and the race is on. Will they cooperate in the hopes of finding the money faster? Will they strike out on there own, extorting further information by force? Even if they do cooperate, are their allegiances sincere?

Gameplay would focus on gunslinging action with an emphasis on speed and lethality. Rather than the film's focus on three central protagonists, any number of players can join, choosing from one of three character types, each with different strengths: Good, Bad, and Ugly. Then they would possibly selecting an extra perk or two. The entire system of combat would then be handled out of sight, minimizing player bookkeeping.

Oh, and nothing meta would be going on. I'm interested in running this one straight. Thoughts?
  7. DarthSubZero Jedi Master

star 4
  8. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    As I told you in the chat, I've been looking for a good western for a while. I'd definitely join. :)
  9. Goldfarm Jedi Knight

Is there any interest in a Cold War CIA/KGB thriller? The plot would center around a global conspiracy dealing with biological warfare and would take place mainly in the USSR.
  10. Cad_Bane Jedi Knight

I'd love to see someone run a Rifts adventure. By which I mean I'd love to play. :)
  11. Republic_Anvil Jedi Master

star 1
    I was wondering how a World War 2 game would go over. Anyone have any thoughts on that idea?
  12. LordTroepfchen Force Ghost

star 4
    What would it be about? WWII is a broad field. What kind of game did you have in mind?
  13. Republic_Anvil Jedi Master

star 1
    Well I had two game premises in mind. Either a game based on the movie "The Dirty Dozen" or a game based on "The Great Escape"

The "Dirty Dozen" game would be something along the lines of the Players are all condemned men that are given a second chance at amnesty by participating in a dangerous mission behind enemy lines.

The "Great Escape" game (to which I am leaning towards) would start with players being incarcerated in a Nazi POW camp. With the object being to escape, whether they work together or on their own is up to them.

14. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

star 4
    *Strolls in during lunch hour to see what's up....

*munch, munch, munch...glug, glug, glug ( no, its not Dew :p ) Ahhhh!

Hmm. [finds 2 cents: inserts in slot] ch-ching; *Likes Anvil's idea, but leans towards "The Dirty Dozen" angle.

Ok. Time for other munchies. moves on to other threads... laters folks, [face_peace]
  15. Darth_Noctis Jedi Knight

The Dirty Dozen idea does sound good.
  16. LordTroepfchen Force Ghost

star 4
    I think we had one or two "prison escape" games who did not work too well. I think the whole "plans&outlines" thing simply does not work. the Dirty Dozen is actually kinda cool. Might become more Inglorious Basterds when done around here, but that´s not a bad thing (I wonder what German you can convince to play the "German" [face_laugh])

I think it might be an interesting idea to do "hard WW 2" stuff. Like Private Ryan or The Big Red One. Call of Duty, for those younglings around here who do not not know my first two mentioned. you might give it some thought. I think beginning with a "one month D-Day" moment could make an awesome beginning . . .

On another note. As I have become involved in Co-GMing Sins of the Saints, I won´t have time to do my pet-project Millions of Voices. I might post the OP one day to have people enjoy it and discuss it. And hopefully everybody hates it, as I am rather sad it won´t happen.

But I want a final game. When I wrote my review of 2009, I realized it. One final game I will GM.
    So, how do people feel about a Horrorgame set in the freezing cold of the Antarctica? I got a creepy idea and it might be connected to the stuff Fin is doing, right now. Or even be based on a certain franchise I love a lot and that is lesser know these days.

Anybody? Thoughts?

/>
  17. bmwgurl17 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm just looking for a new PRG to join, lol. Most of the ones on the forum are too full to join.
  18. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Hey bmwgurl - welcome to the RPF! :D

You'll find that most RPGs are not actually closed to new players, even if they've already begun (or have been playing for a while). What are you interested in? If you see something you like, you could just PM the GM(s) in question and ask if they're still looking for newcomers - just off the top of my head Star Wars: Intervention and As Father and Son in the RPF are both always open, and so are most of the games in the NSWRPF.
  19. Sir_Draco Jedi Master

star 4

Okay, you wanna do a Sins of the Saints Spin-Off in Antarctica?

Sins of the Saints meets The Thing, so to say?

Well, if nobody else wants to, let´s do it just you and me [face_laugh] I am ALL in!
    />
  20. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 6
    Nonsense, it'd be Sins of the Saints - Special Penguin Edition:p
  21. bmwgurl17 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oooh cool, Thanks. I actually found a knew one today that just opened up, but I will take a look into the Father and Son one.
  22. Sir_Draco Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh] Yeah, I was probably overlooking the obvious. I guess it will be about another mass vanishing. Of Penguins!
  23. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
  24. LordTroepfchen Force Ghost

star 4
    [image=http://resistretail.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/jackass20penguin.jpg] May I introduce the lead? Harald the Pinguin.

Serious. The Antarctica thing was in my head for some time and me doing side-games to Fins huge ones is kinda becoming a tradition. So, why not? But the interest seems to be low, so maybe I´ll just transfer it to some tabletop sessions with the boys.

We got enough player in HH right now to let things roll . . .

Or I´ll just do it, hihi
  25. GenOochy Force Ghost

star 5
    Just a thought that I've wondered for a while... What about a steampunk, alternate universe England RPG set around the end of the 19th century?

Would there be any interest in that? Either a light hearted one, or a darker, more sinister tale.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza