main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Interest Measurement Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sawn_Kassal, Nov 13, 2009.

1. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    The three books are basically the core of Cyberpunk literature. Strongly recommended.

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Dammit I've lost nearly all of my games!

[​IMG]

So the proposal I have in mind is incredibly straightforward: it's the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. There was an attempt at it some years ago that was pretty fun for the relatively short time it lasted, BobaMatt attempted something somewhat similar awhile back with his Shakespeare game, and I've always liked the core idea of "Players pick a character from literature to play as and then go have awesome adventures." What I'm thinking is I might change the timeframe to something like the 1970s and also allow film and television characters to give players (And myself) lots of material to work with. I'd be playing the premise pretty straight, none of my goofy psychedelic shenanigans.

Would anybody be interested or should I get back to my drawing board?

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ooo...very nice.

I'm always a sucker for these kind of games, so you can count me in! No way I would be able to resist! :p

4. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Oh, good, an affirmative. I kind of got so swept up by the idea I went ahead and did it. :p

5. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Hey Ramza if you want to have some fun with an idea like that I would probably be very interested. However, I would have a very big problem who do I portray? To many options......8-}

6. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Would there be any interest in a post-apocalypse game? I am Legend meets Fallout sort of thing?

7. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    So basically a killing mutants in a wasteland sort of thing? I'd be down.

8. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
  9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...sounds interesting.

10. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    :D Post apocalyptic games are my favorite!

11. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Well, then I think it might be the right time to try to climb over the language barier. I´ll write an OP and my only doubt is . . . not to make it to similiar to Castaways and Return of the Forgotten Ones. But I´ll see what I can do . . .

12. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    So I'm in the middle of Far Cry 3, and just got to thinking how it'd be a cool setting for an RPG. Doesn't have to tie in with the franchise or anything. But a group of spoiled brats on vacation suddenly find themselves in a desperate survival situation on a stranded island full of deadly bandits (and wildlife) who are hunting them down? Or something like that? I'd play it.

13. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    I'm still waiting for the cyberpunk RPG Penguinator. I need it.

14. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    I thought he was working on a superhero game!?

15. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I'm working on both when I actually have time.

16. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    Definitely no rush, I'm on a cyberpunk kick with the announcement of the new Ghost in the Shell series.

17. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    [​IMG]

BLemelisk likes this.
  18. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    So ... I was recently pushed to give my spy/political thriller game "The Sixth Column" (not the fifth :)) some thought and I realized I would like to do it. It's set in late 2010 and plays out in South Africa, the US and Germany against the backdrop of some real political events (the wikileaks affair, post-iraq-war foreign policy etc.) and is rather political. Dialogues, character-heavy stuff. More John le Care than James Bond. Is there any interest in something like that? Because I think it would hardly work with less than five players ...

MandoBones and Penguinator like this.
  19. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I'm in. Slower pace is cool, too, if John Le Carre's namedrop is indicative of overall tone and feel.

20. MandoBones

MandoBones Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 2, 2012
    I could be down for something like this. Room for a military man in the mix? Either straight up soldier or former soldier turned politician?

21. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    There is plenty of room for politicians, certainly. Classical soldiers ... probably only in less classical functions (like CIA support) ... but yeah, I am sure we could make a soldier work.

22. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    I would have a look at it, but to be honest . . . maybe it´s just Dead space 3 coming out, but . . . I liked the idea ofrt a game set in space you announced a while back much better. IO? Wasn´t it called that? Is it still on the table at all?

23. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    It is, it is. But right now it looks like it´s on the "cooperation" table, where I discuss several ideas with a few GMs to see if any of those might work well for a GM-cooperation. A series so to say, where people write an Episode of an ongoing series.

24. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Which I think we should go ahead with . . .

25. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I just saw Cloud Atlas (can't believe I was hesitant about it) and it's got me jonesing to do a cyberpunk game. Another idea would be a post-acopalyptic game where society has already rebuilt, or is at least not falling apart, again inspired by Cloud Atlas. Seriously, everyone, watch that movie - great fun!