main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Interest Measurement Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sawn_Kassal, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Splinterthemindseye_

Splinterthemindseye_ Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 24, 2012
    So I changed up my proposed zombie game a little. Instead of it taking place around the time of the outbreak it takes place a year or two after. The main focus is on the Del, a ten city block, area of Grand Rapids Michigan that was cordoned off and secured. It feels a lot like Romero's Land of the Dead, and I drew a lot of inspiration from it. It seems to me that Zombie movies are about human drama in contrast to unspeakable horror. I wanted a game that would give me that feel too.
    While Zombies have nearly killed off humanity. Man is still his own worse enemy.

Does this sound like fun to anyone?
    You can see the rough draft of the OP in The Gaming Group Thread

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I just read over the OP in the Game Group thread and I have to say, I'm quite intrigued. It's really different from the generic OP you posted earlier and it sounds like it'll be fun! You can count me in! :)

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  3. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    There is an idea floating around and I must say, I found it to be fascinating and a few people are ready to support it . . . so the question is . . . is there a player base for:

Star Wars Non-EU AU

A game which is set a day after Endor and in which . . . the EU canon is not existing. None of it. Well, the hardware is there and the planets but the events? Bakura? Will never send a distress signal. No Sith Cult on Korriban lead by an Ex-Jedi. No resurrecting Emperor. No Vong. No Imperial Warlords to fight with over the next 25 years. A clean slate, a blank page on which we can write our own EU. With our own villains, our own stories and our own take and in which only the six movies are considered a source of canon. Everything else can be cut, ignored, rewritten or altered.

The Episode VII that can never happen in reality, because everybody became too old.

The direct continuation of the OT.

What do people think? Would you like to such a game happen?

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'd be interested in playing, if only because it'd fulfill my desire to play a Star Wars game where I don't have to have Wookieepedia open to update.

Reynar_Tedros and Penguinator like this.
  5. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    That´s what we want to! No wookieepedia, so to say. I love Wook, but we would like to see a game where everything is in the posts, the update is all you need!

Penguinator likes this.
  6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I expressed my interest a while ago over in Hoopers, but I'll say it again:

I would absolutely love to play a game like this! :D

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  7. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Same here. I could make time for a game like that.

8. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    This times a million. I'm in.

9. Amatsu Mikaboshi

Amatsu Mikaboshi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2013
    SirakRomar , does that mean the only Force powers allowed are from what we have seen in the films as well? If so I would love to be involved.

I love the idea of that game.

10. Splinterthemindseye_

Feb 24, 2012
    I would join in a heartbeat

11. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    @Amatsu_Mikaboshi: Absolutely. Actually also the learning curve from the movies will be canonical. So becoming powerful is a slow process (obviously). But we will also limit force-users to stay in line with the movies. The idea is that Luke "is the last of the Jedi" as Yoda says and "there were only two Sith". Those are the two canonical sentences on force-user numbers we got. We will stay true to them. So we won´t have a legion of Jedi-in-hiding and no more Sith tribes. The Sith were destroyed by the Chosen One and Luke IS the last of the old and first of the new Jedi.The Force is in Balance, whatever that is supposed to mean . . .

Of course sooner or later the Dark Side will get it´s chance to return to the galaxy . . . but it is important to me to avoid the EU approach of resurrecting the OT situation as if nothing happened.

Amatsu Mikaboshi likes this.
  12. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    SirakRomar So you mean the stories of the PT and OT won't be undermined by goofy supplemental 3rd party material? :p

I would absolutely play absolutely.

13. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Oh, that sounds good. I will be in!

14. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Not to distract from Sirak's awesome idea, but I've had an idea floating around in my head due to replaying the Knights of the Old Republic games. To my (admittedly limited) knowledge, the vast majority of the Jedi Civil War is left pretty well untouched, and open to exploration. So I was thinking that it would be possible to do a game set in that time period, to try and expand on it in our own ways.

It would have both Republic and Sith factions, and work with what was given to us by everything that was released pre-TOR (I can't stand TOR's retconning of things from that time period). Basically, an attempt to play out the Jedi Civil War, in our own way (though canon things would still stay the same). Thoughts?

15. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Okay, considering the echo via this group and a few PMs I received, I feel like I found my next project. A rough draft of the OP will soon go up in the GDG and I´ll try to get the game in April. So be prepared for the Star Wars - The Ultimate AU (working title :p)

16. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Ultimate AU? So does that mean most of the original cast is going to be killed off by Jeph Loeb? :p

Penguinator likes this.
  17. Splinterthemindseye_

Feb 24, 2012
    Question SirakRomar

Would "The Clone Wars" tv show be considered part of canon for this game?

18. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    I certainly hope not. /brucewayne

19. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Actually I don´t watch it, so probably not. The idea is "only the movies", really. The OT first and foremost, as we pick up directly thereafter. If Clone Wars is something people wanna have (like picking up characters from it), I can guarantee that we will pick up no plot-lines from it in any way. I might consider characters from it for approval on a case-to-case basis. With nothing guaranteed.

Actually I will probably do this together with another GM (who has yet to commit himself fully, so I keep him anonymous for now), but I think he doesn´t watch it either.

Having conquered the GDG groups floor I´ll work hard on an OP tomorrow and try to get it up . . . I feel like I wanna do this soon.

20. MyrialofKanz

MyrialofKanz Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2011
    I am interested. :)

21. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    CASTING CALL

One player wanted for a special guest role!

Lasts probably no longerthan a month and will provide key information to my certainly lurkung players!

Yes, I have a bit of a special thing planned for my season finale and I am looking for a player who would take over a very special role which will be seen in flashbacks only. I think it won´t need more than probably ten posts to play out his character, but I promise he will make a lasting impression on all Castaway players. Despite a defined role in the mythology there will be quite a bit of freedom in the way the character develops. Therefore a player is wanted who enjoys breathing life into a character and enjoys a creepy little tale of exploration and damnation.

If anybody is interested, please send me a PM and I will reveal a bit more about the role.

Claire

22. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    I was thinking of reviving my old Stargate plot from my SG-1/SW xover game from way back, but removing the SW aspect and making it purely a SG-1 rpg. Just wondering how much interest there would be in a game where players get to be SG-1 and another SG team (depending on interest) or other characters from the SG-1 series that are field-active (sorry no Gen Hammond :p), so up to 8-10 max players. I am aware not everyone is as well-versed in the SG universe, and since the SGC is always looking for new recruits/assets, such players can easily get into the game and learn as they go since the new recruits/assets wouldn't even know life exists beyond Earth until they join the SGC anyway and get handed a pile of folders and video tapes. ;) :D

I know Skywalker_T-65 is likely to sign up, but what about anyone else?

The game would be set around or during the Anubis arc or after the Ori arc, and involve one of the Egyptian deities, possibly Sehkmet (yeah I know the SG-1 Unleashed has her as the villain, but I was using her before that game anyway and i might use elements of that game for this). Since Sehkmet was a defiant goddess that was also Ra's destroyer of mankind, its kinda easy to know where the plot will go. Save the galaxy/Earth from Sehkmet's vengeance with some more in-depth details to deal with along the way, of course.

So... any takers?

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  23. Splinterthemindseye_

Feb 24, 2012
    CmdrMitthrawnuruodo
    I am a huge SG-SG1 fan. I have seen all the episodes, at the very lease, a half dozen times and know way too much about that universe. I would love to play a SG1 game.

Also if you need a co-gm I would volunteer in a heartbeat.

I would suggest that the game be placed after the Ori or in a AU diverged from a particular place in the show's timeline. That way it wouldn't be like recreating or replaying what has already been done.

Regardless of this, I would play the heck out of this game!

P.S. While Atlantis was ok IMHO. I do sincerely hope you disregard SG:Universe all together.

Cheers!

24. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Splinterthemindseye_ The only problem about setting it after the Ori arc is that someone is gonna wanna play O'Neill and by that time he is a General in charge of the SGC. So unless I make it an AU, it will probably end up a little sooner now that I think about it. Oh well. I'll figure something out.

As for SG:U, alas, it will have happened but wouldn't play a major role in this game. If anything, it would only be used as an Easter egg or as character cameos prior to Project Icarus if necessary. The same goes for SG:A.

25. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    This pretty much guarantees I'll take a look, probably join up.