main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Interest Measurement Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sawn_Kassal, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    This was along the same general idea I had, but a little different I would love to help with development of the whole thing it be fun and I would have to call luke skywalker dibs

2. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    I think you have to get in line on Skywalker, LA. When I send my CS for him in I was told I wasn´t the first to do so . . .

3. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I’ve decided to put that Jedi Civil War idea on the backburner for now. Namely because another idea has got me looking at it. This idea is a ‘alternate-Post NJO’ storyline. The overall idea is that the Vong won the war (either through more numbers, or just an even more cripplingly idiotic NR military/government). What’s left of the New Republic and Imperial Remnant have been pushed out further and further, until they finally leave the Galaxy proper to set up shop in one of the Satellite Galaxies.

The purpose of this RP would be the rebuilding process, and exploring the (more or less unknown) Satellite they set up in. Of course, the ever present specter of the Vong remains, and I wouldn’t be adverse to players wanting to write a ‘resistance’ of sorts. The main reason this idea has come to my head is because I have always wondered what would have happened if the Vong had won. While I like the ending we were given in TUF, I believe it could have been just as interesting this way. I can post more details as the idea progresses too, and answer questions.

Thoughts?

4. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    LOL then I have someone else in mind but I'm thinking the name says it all heh.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Anyone seen 'The Star Wars' stuff?

6. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
  7. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Dark Horse's comic based on the original script?

8. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    That wasn't a joke?

9. Splinterthemindseye_

Splinterthemindseye_ Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 24, 2012
    I am posting this here because frankly I don't know where else to put it. In recent weeks I have been trying to create a zombie game because there was interest expressed in one. After much work I came up with "The Dying Chronicles" I posted the rough draft and it was met with a bit of apathy.
    I rewrote it and it was received much better, but it took away some of the elements that everyone had expressed interest in. It was like jumping into "The Walking Dead" in season three, but it seemed workable.
    Do to "User Error" I lost the bible I was writing on that game. Frustrated I put it off and focused on SirakRomar's upcoming Episode 7 game.
    Today I rewrote "The Dying Chronicles" yet again... and it is, again, completely different.

The world is set in the not too distant future, and the story is going to be set at the onset of the outbreak. Everyone will know the cause of the outbreak and the Zombies are not your typical Romero Walkers (they have a bit more of a 28 days later feel and the one person I showed the entire game to exclaimed "TechnoZombies?!!? are you ***** nuts?!" but I swear they will work). The players will start off in isolation inside a quarantined barracks on a military base (after having been placed there from the area of the initial incident).
    While it is the future, and technology has advanced, it did not do so by leaps and bounds (there are a few surprises). Computers continue to get smaller and faster, and the whole touch screen fad is in full swing. we still do not have flying cars or hoverboards or phaser/laser guns, and we still haven’t returned to the moon.

The world will be on the brink of falling apart and the players are going to have to figure out how to survive. Maybe they can help find a cure or maybe establish a safe haven for people. Maybe they are doomed to walk alone for the rest of their (possibly short) days.

Does this interest anyone?

If it does I'll put the rough draft of the OP in the Gaming Group and I'll see about posting the actual game after Episode 7 gets going for a bit. Maybe by the end of the month.

Thank you for indulging me and my ever changing mind. 8-}

10. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Well, to be honest I have problems understanding what it is all about . . . but I will be honest with you . . . the farther away from a classical zombie game it is, the less interesting it appears to me. It´s just, what I dig is zombies, so any other game has to begin at zero to pick up my interest.

11. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I like that originality and if "played right" such an idea could certainly attract players, but TSG is right obviously . . . the "brand" zombie-game won´t work and it is a powerful one.

12. Splinterthemindseye_

Feb 24, 2012
    I have decided to go ahead and throw my OP into the Game Guild.

13. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    My supernatural Western has evolved in that I've ditched the Western part in favor of a modern day urban noir setting. Also not so much supernatural stuff (probably won't be any werewolves, vampires, undead, etc.). Instead opting for a more... magical approach.

Stay tuned. Might post something in the intro service, or the game group, or just flat out launch it in the RPF. Depends on what kind of mood I'm in the next few days.

[​IMG]

14. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Given her avatar, I'm sure Rampani could get behind a Dresden Files-style RPG :D :D

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh no! I was looking forward to the Western! :(

16. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    But considering the success of Mysterygames set in a contemporary setting I guess it could du well. I would join, if I had not the feeling my own game would keep me rather busy in the near future.

17. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    ....in retrospect I should have done this before posting my new game. Oh well...I have posted a new game, based on a seemingly simple idea.

Anakin does not go Dark and become Vader. Mace succeeds in killing Palpatine. But instead of leading to a 'Republic and Jedi survive' scenario like most fanfics with that premise...the Empire is still formed. Too much momentum was heading in that direction. But a splinter group forms a 'Republic-in-Exile' and the CIS manages to (barely) survive due to Mustafar remaining hidden. The Jedi Order is dissolved, and struggling to survive even without Order 66. This is the state of the Galaxy...how will it go from there?

(game is here: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/rebirth.50011414/ )

Random Comments likes this.
  18. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Is General Grievous still alive, or no?

Not that that idiot really helps out either way.

19. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Grevious? Nope. This takes place roughly the same time (at least at the start) as Order 66 being issued.

Or rather, when it would have been issued.

20. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I posted one today about all the other Force groups besides Jedi and Sith

21. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    The Strangers, my aforementioned modern day tale of magic, has been posted in the RPF. I encourage you to take a look! :)

22. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Nice avatar! :p

23. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    I had one of my crazy ideas again so be warned. I was thinking that would be interesting to have another soap opera based in a new town with new characters. I'm thinking somewhere like El Paso or Pheonix or behaps a suburb. I really just came up with it and no developed plot yet, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested.

It was that or a post apocalyptic survival game and that seems like an idea from last year. [face_laugh]

24. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Raynar: If I had not that huge game at my hands I would join yours in a heartbeat. Too many games are coming out right now. And I can really not join any ...

25. Splinterthemindseye_

Feb 24, 2012
    Reynar_Tedros, Sounds intriguing. I'm worried I might be stretching my abilities if I join, as I'm already in three games, but I think I can do it. Expect a CS soon. Oh and can you clarify the magic, is it learnable if you have the talent or is it more like Marvel mutant powers?