main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Interest Measurement Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sawn_Kassal, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Maybe in a couple months, and I only say that because I know you Fins so it should be a good ride. Sadly right now I am maxed out :(

2. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Not sure if you are looking under the right rock, Fin. But after all other games of yours I would not miss your last ... also do you take requests?

3. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    No, but I take suggestions. Well, Sirak you might have been right. I probably looked under the wrong rock. :p Anyway, no Asylum game then.

4. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    There's a rock!?! When that get put there? :p

5. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Nothing but a German saying translated into English, is it?

6. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    After seeing the new (admittedly quite bad but still mostly fun and enjoyable) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, an RP based on it would be killer. The main four, April, Casey Jones, Shredder, etc. Plenty of characters to play as.

7. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Being at home in Zürich somehow revitalized my taste for classic Star Wars and GMing ... and I had an idea.

Would anybody be interested in a classical game about one of the early milestones of the rebellion?

Star Wars: INCOM would be a ckassical contained story about the imperial takeover of an independant company and how it lead to the Rebellion acquiering the prototypes of their trademark starfighters, the XWing. Corporate intruigue, heroism and the story of the unsung heroes who did such an important service to the young Rebellion. All in a contained story played over a few month ...

Sounds interesting? Boring? Silly? Too old school?

Penguinator and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  8. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Yes. My interest is peaked. :)

Sent from a Kewonkian Lizard Monkey's TARDIS

9. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Oh, I would be game . . .

10. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'd be interested in corporate intrigue regardless of setting, so yeah, I'd be down.

11. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Wondering if it'd be possible to make a thread based off This War of Mine, just finished a full play through for the first time. But I'm not sure how a system roleplay works, which I'd consider to be the most "fair," way to play the game so it's in keeping with the struggle and tragic setting as well as the desperation of scavenging for supplies.

Any suggestions, particularly on how a system roleplay works? Feedback? Interest?

12. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Sounds interesting.

13. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Hello Heavy. System-based games usually utilize the build in dice-roller of the boards. Basically there are two ways. One is you let everybody role to determine the success or failure of their actions (bringing classical pen&paper to the boards so to say) and second is you use it in the background and the players are "victims" of invisible dice-throws perfomred by you (which means you can usually do it at home with a real dice, if you want to). Then you have to adopt or come up with a system. Character stats, success probabilities and in the case of "This War of Mine" also with statistics for the game world (food, other raiders, soldiers and the probability of all those to meet the players as well as starvation, thirst, exhaustion and things like that). It sounds like hell of a lot work, but if you do it you can count me in :)

Anyway, evoking the sense of a tragic setting will probably never be done by a dice . . .

Heavy Isotope likes this.
  14. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    What do people think, would a Star Wars spy game find a playerbase here?

15. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    I tried posting this in SWC cause I had no idea where to put it elsewhere, but i was redirected here. I hope people still look at this thread. I'm thinking of starting up a Survivor themed Role playing game in the Role playing forums. Right now I have three ideas.

1. Have it with everyday people from the universe and just have iconic items and other things from in universe.
    2. Have players play as iconic characters from in universe and also have items and stuff from the universe.
    3 Just don't do it at all.

Do you think this is a good idea or do you guys go with option 3?

PS: TheSithGirly I would totally play that if you're still looking for an answer :)

16. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    SoutHerly: possibly. Might have to do some recruiting drives before.the game starts but that could work.

Heffley I would go with one or two. One sounds similar to what Sirak is doing, but Two sounds a little more unique. But that's just my knee-jerk response. ;)

Sent from a Kewonkian Lizard Monkey's TARDIS

s_heffley likes this.
  17. Troy Dominice

Troy Dominice Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 17, 2015
    Hello everyone I am here looking for people who may be interested in being part of the game that I am currently working on with Admiral Volshe's Great assistance. Currently we have the overall theme for the story and current events that had transpired that led up to the particular situation where the players will meet and begin the game. Yes this game is In the Star Wars Universe, however is not of the common Brady you're not focusing on being part of the Jedi order or off branch of its nor are we focusing it being on the Sith And the Empire. If anything the game will be a third party faction and depending on what the players themselves attempt to focus on, will change the overall outcome with the players attempt to stay independent, with They joining the Republic, Become a conquering ally of the Empire? will they attempt to overthrow both Factions. I enjoy games but I do love the openness on where the players themselves can lead the story. Again with Admiral Volshe we have discussed and thrown ideas around in different scenarios and what possibly could happen this does not necessarily mean each of these events are dead set regardless of the choice that may come across. Hopefully some people here will find this idea of what we are attempting to do this particular storyboard. Will find people who are seeking to be part of the game's Management and those who wish to be players. For any further questions please ask, or message me and Admiral Volshe.

And for those who are seeking to part of the game in its early stage asked freely, The worst that can be said is no.

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  18. s_heffley

Jun 7, 2015
    Troy Dominice Admiral Volshe The idea sounds great, but I'm not sure what you are asking. Are you asking for people to help with development or just asking if it's a good idea?

19. Troy Dominice

Mar 17, 2015
    s_heffley, We are looking for people to help with the development and to have characters already set in the game.

20. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Hi, I'm just taking the temperature for a swords and pseudo sorcery RP. I say pseudo sorcery because it's a bit more like bending from the Last Airbender TV series but, broader. I can give more details if you want but, right now I just testing to see if anyone likes the basic idea.

21. Troy Dominice

Mar 17, 2015
    Star Wars: Shadows Veil
    [​IMG]

and yes I am asking for help on those who wish to help create the game as it is currently in a development phase right now, we have a outline of the starting game right now but for the moment that is just it. A set a new set of eyes and ears on this could do wonders to make it even better.

(edited)
    (Timeline is 3962 BBY the game will start 390 later after many events, but it is to set the mood. )

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

For more than a millennium, the Galaxy has suffered conflict from the Republic and Sith
    Empire with their endless wars. Entire systems are still in disarray, barely recovering from the last Galactic conference. The wars have devastated entire systems and have destroyed whole species, leaving very little in their wake. The rest lies in shambles. Most of the Galactic systems haven't recovered from the previous conflicts that have consumed so many. Only the talk of another war has begun, with sightings of the Empire near the unknown regions of space. With rumors in the air that the Empire is returning, panic has spread throughout the galaxy. This has left many worlds in further chaos. The Galactic Senate has been urging resupply of the Core Worlds, and has been encouraging systems to become part of the Republic.

Leaving millions throughout the galaxy uncertain about the Galaxy's future, a large group of explorers have chosen to do the unthinkable. They plan to attempt to their way across much of the empty Void - past the Wild Space. This has gotten the attention of more than a few, as they had begun recruiting colonists, engineers, terraformers and everything else needed to forge their own home. With much disquiet surrounding the current state of the Galaxy, the Galactic Republic has labeled the group of explorers as spies and traitors - fearing that they are part of an Imperial operations to attempt to terraform military bases throughout the Wild Space. This has left the group exposed to any who would prey upon them in the name of the Republic.

Having very little time to recruit new colonists, and continuously having their fleet attacked - by a planetary governments, pirates, and even in skirmishes between the Galactic Republic and the Empire forces - they journeyed through known space. During their entire journey they have lost more than half of their fleet to raids. With their fleet nearly destroyed and merely half of what remains of their forces, they continue to press on through Wild Space and into the empty Void. With less than a year and a half of their journey left, as they proceeded into empty space, they came across a gas giant that was larger than most star systems. Fearing that trouble would follow them they have chosen to hide within this system.

Little did they know that the gas giant's system had natural defenses of its own. Asteroid belts throughout it and constant rotation made it extremely dangerous to attempt navigation through it. It was to their surprise that in a deep within the core of the gas giants' system that another small system was hidden well. A large sun with a white dwarf orbiting it, and three larger meteors and perfect rotation of the sun that would sustain life.

===============================================================
    The colony need you!

Currently we are recruiting people for multiple roles for any questions please ask myself or the Admiral through instant message. In below I will give a list of the sort of people and roles we are looking for. There are a number of positions that are still quite open for any and all willing people who feel that they can give the game it.

colonists, citizen, engineers, freighter pilots, fighter pilots, security officers, scientists, community leaders, criminals, counselors, advisers, Republic faction, Republican sympathizers, Imperial faction, Imperial sympathizers, but cartel members and many more.

So long as the species are still alive and or thriving within this particular era they will be acceptable as player races, for those of you who are seeking to have a character in a position of power or high responsibility you will also have to handle a few responsibilities regarding the particular role for the character.

s_heffley likes this.
  22. s_heffley

Jun 7, 2015
    I played this on another forum, and it was fun. It is a game were, in each post, a player attempts to take a hill. Another player tries to take it back, and it just keeps going. I'm not sure if this counts as role play, but if it does would people play it here?

23. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Could I potentially ask in here about whether a super casual RP would be allowed? I'm thinking posts anywhere from a few sentences to 500 words, one, and two, more of a sandbox with a loose plot that would be more choose-your-own-adventure for everyone involved. Because of the casual nature, it's a far cry from the typical RP I see, which is my main concern. I do have a few people interested which is the only reason I ask!

Rodrigo Alves likes this.
  24. Rodrigo Alves

Rodrigo Alves Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2015
    That's cool

25. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I might need the OP run by me in a PM, but most likely we would allow it, yes.

Ktala and Admiral Volshe like this.