main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Interest Measurement Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sawn_Kassal, Nov 13, 2009.

1. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Fair enough, thank you, such examples certainly make implementing the changes simpler on my part.
    I can certainly see how such a story could be useful.
    I'll get on that soon

Edit: And I did, I already had an Idea for what I wanted so it was easy enough to write. Spooky too. Hope it is up to par. I might have gotten a bit carried away as well.:p
    But its only because I have such a passion about this games potential.

2. Darth Rozic

Darth Rozic Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2015
  3. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Wow, I expected someone to want to play as the Mando's but the UUW?[face_thinking]
    I'm reluctant to add to the number of playable factions because I'm afraid that it will become to big and bloated to control, plus it starts off neutral, I mean their neutrality is literally indicated by their name.
    But I did mention that a few exceptions were possible for the NPF upon GM approval. I put that in mainly for the Mando's but I suppose it applies to the other factions as well.

4. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    I would actually like to play the Hutts or a criminal organization adjacent to them myself, or an Unaligned word, would add a different angle rather than Light and Dark duking it out for the galaxy. And as well allow for a different play style. Like the Zann Consortium in Empire at War Expansion. Missions could be undertaken to corrupt worlds rather than conquering them, or as a Pirate crew looking to hold sway over a particular space lane or hyperspace route. Just keep an open mind, but also know your limitations.

5. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Hmm... there might be a way. It will certainly take a serious overhaul on my part, I may simply make an entirely new OP while copy and pasting the parts I intend to keep. The tricky part adding a function for all faction's that is similar enough that I can keep track of everything, but still different enough to be fun. This won't be a quick update, might take a bit this time so I can figure this out.

EDIT: This may help, though I will still need a Co GM to help me manage it, even more than before.

Prelude
    IC: Orya Yulan
    Jedi Temple; Council Chambers
    2,000 BBY

Quiet, calm radiated in the force as the Jedi Grand Master meditated in solitude. The darkness was growing, this battle lost.
    For fifty years the aged Mirialan led the Jedi Order into prosperity. In the aftermath of the war with the Mandalorians she proved herself a leader, a strong and competent woman capable of taking on any challenge. But that did her little good now, she had never experienced a threat like this, she was not prepared for the toll such an enemy would bring upon the Jedi ranks, and now it was too late.
    As the smoke billowed outside she contemplated. The order to withdraw had been sent hours ago, the moment it became apparent there was no hope. Rest and recuperation is what the Jedi needed she knew, they hadn't received a chance to look at the threat objectively before it reached Coruscant. She had thought they were a myth, a legend, stories hidden in the archives told of these creatures, and the battles they fought several millennia prior. But nobody took them seriously, until now, now that it was too late, now that the decisions she made could never be reversed.
    The pain of this conflict still radiated strongly, untold millions had already been lost. Could such a threat be vanquished? It had to be, for no evil could be eternal.
    Noise was heard outside the chamber door, the monster had found her. She would not panic, victory was unlikely, but time had to be bought. How many Jedi had escaped she knew not, but every moment was precious in the hope that one day the Jedi could be reborn.
    Opening her eyelids a beam of crimson energy erupted through the doors, and the they imploded beneath it. In walked the creature leading this strike, dressed in dark armor, shrouded in a cloak, she knew who it was but could scarcely believe it.
    "You have grown powerful since our last meeting." She spoke in a calm and measured tone, giving no indication of her surprise. Two Mandalorian warriors flanked him, and both were eager for a fight, but his grip on their leashes was strong, few could temper a Mandalorians bloodlust, but somehow this one had done it.
    "Master Yulan" the man spoke in a raspy voice, more fitting to a demon than a sentient being. "I have grown far past what my instructors could have envisioned for me, I am no longer a tool of the force, I am its master."
    And with barely a flick of his wrist the Mandalorians took aim and fired. Leaping from her kneeling position in the center of the chamber the Jedi didn't even activate her lightsaber, catching their shots in the palm of her hand she struck, taking one in a telekinetic grip the Grand Master ragdolled the soldiers into eachother, knocking them both out cold in an instant.
    However she realized too late this was but a distraction, as the shrouded figure raised two crinkled hands a dozen blue webs of lightning shot towards her, she attempted to catch them as easily as she did the blaster bolts, but she could not cope with the shear magnitude of the energy, and an explosion filled the room.
    Before her mind registered what had happen she felt the sharp force of the glass windows shattering, and realized she was in a free fall, performing a barrel role the the Jedi Master called on the force to slow her decent. Her loose white robes flapping she landed harder than she expected a hundred meters down in one of the temple's training courtyards.
    Pain rippled through the old woman's bones, it had been many ages since she had participated in such a fight, and she was not prepared for this. Standing slowly, her surroundings came into focus. She was about a dozen feet in front of the courtyards tree, fire's consuming it, and a class of younglings butchered like nerfs were scattered about, with their instructors lying fallen next to them. The full horrors of this invasion were mounting in her mind, and she almost didn't notice the dark lord landing gracefully ten feet behind her.
    Clutching her lightsaber in hand she choked back tears as the traitor approached.
    "What do you hope to gain by these atrocities Phanius, what do you think to be? Another petty despot or dictator? A Monarch or Oppressor? Well it seems to me all you have become is a Genocidal Maniac!" Under his dark hood the Umbaran scowled with sinister intent.
    "You cry out to a dead man, I am who I was meant to be." He ignited his sickly orange-red lightsaber
    "I am the Dark lord of the Sith..." She activated her white blade, but not fast enough as her former student impaled her with his own.
    "I am the Galaxies Ruination!"

STAR WARS
    THE AGE OF RUIN
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    *This game takes place in neither the NEU or Legends timeline*

Background
    1,999 BBY
    The Republic Has Fallen!
    In a daring strike a resurgent Sith Empire has revealed itself on the galactic stage, and with the aid of their allied Mandalorians have conquered the core, overthrown the Republic, and left the Galaxy in ruin! Thousands of worlds have revolted and the galaxy is in turmoil. Refusing to relent the Sith followed up their invasion of the Republic by striking neutral worlds as well as those allied to the Hutts. Anarchy has spread, and the galaxy is in desperate need of order, but as the war grows out of hand, it is left to the individual to rebuild a functioning and capable government once more. Nearly a year has passed since the initial strike, and the citizens of the galaxy are still coming to terms with the drastic change. Factions are gathering to plot there next move, and the fait of everyone hangs in the balance.

The Galaxy
    Any and all worlds and species shown in the films, New, or old EU are available for this game. Illum however has yet to be discovered by the start of the game. Lightsabers are far more primitive than their film counterparts, the primary colors for Jedi are white and black blades, and Sith have a sickly red-orange color. This is not enforced by any rule, and do to their primitive design each player may choose whichever color they prefer. This is simply an informed trait, that is encouraged to permit a clearer distinction in the ranks, but not obligated to anyone.

It is important to set up a powerbase where your primary struggle will take place on, and that you may expand from.
    Each faction is set up in a Feudal system, individual players have their own battalions and planets, though alone they are weak and pathetic. A sole player's base will start out with little if any committed manpower, a maximum of 1,000 troops and one transport frigate per planet held, though it will be up to you to determine exactly what your battalion is composed of.(More complex formations and capital ships may be introduced later in the game) They may have enough to defend their main base, and perhaps capture nearby planets, but nothing more. Cooperation is key, you may have liberty to do what you want in your domain, but you still report to a higher power, and it is in your best intrest to not only cooperate with that power, but coordinate with similarly aligned player.

It is encourage that you have some sort of knowledge about the planet you set your base on, and its surrounding territory so, for example, you don't capture Bespin, then try to expand your control by jumping across the galaxy to fight on Mygeeto. It is in your best interest to first: pick a base that is close to your factions capital, and second: to create a natural expansion path from that location. If you have a spotty control network that is set in enemy territory it will be all but impossible to defend. A quick glance at a galaxy map can solve most of the issues here.
    The galaxy is effectively a blank slate, all worlds are open to fight or play on, and no political structures or situations default on any planet except for Faction Capitals, so it is up to the individual player to determine how their situation is shown.

Playable Factions
    The New Sith Empire
    Capital: Coruscant
    Leader: Darth Ruin
    Description: A mysterious and dark institution that only made itself known recently, it is headed by the current reigning Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Ruin. It seeks to conquer the galaxy at all costs and rule with an iron fist. It maintains a strong presence in the core worlds but is having trouble expanding beyond. The Sith harbor a deep hatred for the Jedi Order which it views as weak and pathetic. All other factions it will step on as necessary to achieve unlimited power but the Jedi they want to destroy utterly. There are three primary ranks available in the Sith, Apprentice, Sith Lord, and Darth; and a special honorary rank may be bestowed upon any darth by Ruin, and be permitted to sit on his advisory Council. The Ultimate authority lyes with the Emperor, Ruin grants his underlings much freedom, as long as they bring results. No Sith have been seen in several millennia, so the Jedi were woefully unprepared for the Empire, and Ruin hopes to use this to his advantage. The Sith have a strong foothold in the core and inner rim. However do to this they have the greatest challenge of any faction, they are nearly completely surrounded by enemies, the Jedi, Hutts, and UUW all want a piece of them, and they are having a difficult time expanding their control passed the mid rim. They claim to rule the galaxy, though even the subjects on the planets they do control refuse to accept them. It won't be an easy fight, but they are determined to solidify their rule. Now the Lords of the Sith gather in the halls of the fallen Jedi Temple, to plot their conquest of the galaxy, and tension are heightened as thousands of worlds reject their rule. And despite Ruins power and charisma there remains a weakness in his ranks, the ambitions, and petty grudges of his followers often undermine his rule. Officially he forbids the Sith from killing each other, but that does not stop individuals from plotting in secret.

The Jedi Order
    Capital: Ach-To
    Leaders: Reth Voquen

Description: The protectors of the Republic for over twenty three thousand years the Jedi were struck particularly hard by the Sith Empire's invasion. A combined force of Sith and Mandalorians sacked their temple, murdered their Grand Master and well over half the council. Now what little is left of the Jedi leadership has called a Conclave on Ach-To to reevaluate this threat, and plan a proper response. There are three primary ranks in the Jedi, Padawan, Knight, and Master; however a special honorific rank may be granted on GM approval, of High Councilor, meaning effectively, that you may attend "council meetings" and voice your ideas though primary power still remains in the hand of the Grand Master. Concern is growing in the ranks, their numbers are so weakened it is doubtful that any single unified strike would have an affect. Under the leadership of Acting Grand Master Reth Voquen they hope to recover. Prior to the war the Jedi were not much different than their film counterparts, but with their scattering much of their rule's and dogma were set aside and now survival is their primary goal. They see an opening in the vast unclaimed reaches of the western quarter of the galaxy, there is potential for a power base there, but the key to this is unity. Division is strong, even among the few remaining council members nobody is sure of how to proceed, and the future of the galaxy is at stake.

Mandalorian's
    Capital: Mandalor
    Leader: Yage Kelborn

Decimated by a war with the Republic three generations ago, the Mandalorians were eager for revenge. Blatantly disregarding the treaty they signed with the Republic they instantly began rebuilding their fleet and army's. When Darth Ruin began plotting his own invasion of the Republic the Mandalorian's were the obvious choice to aid him. Participating in the invasion of Coruscant and the sacking of the Jedi Temple they reveled in the destruction of their long time enemies. They even received a substantial portion of Republic space in compensation for their efforts, expanding their already sizable network of planets in in the Northern Quarter. Now the Mandalorians join their Dark Allies on Coruscant to begin the next phase of their conquest, and bring their conquered territory in line. Different Clans have different standards and ranks, but generally speaking most have no ranking system or such. Instead what is most relevant is your clan, and house loyalties. Mistrust is growing between them and their Sith allies. The lieutenants of the current Mand'alor, Rev Viszla, Sargi Kryze, Oren Itera, as well as dozens of other clans are unified by one principle, their absolute contempt for the Sith and determination to end their perceived enslavement to those dark sorcerers. However beyond that single ideal, they also hate each other. Only the shear might of the current Mand'alors charisma prevents not only a complete dissolution of relations with the Sith, but outright civil war in their own ranks.

Houses and Clans
    When entering the game, members of the Mandalorian faction will be expected to choose their Clan, and House. The clan you choose may be any one that existed in the old or new EU, or even one of your own design. Though you are expected to choose one of the primary Houses to pledge your clans allegiance too, and all members of the same clan must be allied under the same house. At the start of the game there are three Houses.
    1. House Viszla: Descended from the great Tar Viszla, the house under its current leadership is known for being somewhat bloodthirsty. They still have a code of honor, but Rev Viszla, their current leader, is focused on galactic conquest at all cost, and is willing to sacrifice those elements of their honor codes, such as their reliance on family, that he thinks weaken them. They are hostile to all other houses, and only follow Kelborn knowing they lack the resources to challenge him directly. Their symbol of Leadership is the Darksaber.
    2. House Kryze: A relatively new house, the Kryze are known for their near obsession with honor, which some say they hold higher than reason. They care little for expansion and war, but are very devoted to the Mandalorian people, and will fight to defend their home. They are particularly hostile towards House Viszla, who's bloodlust they fear may end up destroying their culture and heritage. Their symbol of leadership is an ancient beskar shield.
    3. House Itera: Oren Itera is Yage Kelborns strongest ally and supporter. House Itera is holds onto their honor with a devoted passion, yet see's the benefit in limited expansion as well. They are weary of both the Viszla and Kryze, but are willing to work together to maintain a united Mandalor, knowing any such division in their ranks could be exploited by their enemies to undermine them. Their symbol of leadership is an ancient Neo Crusader Helmet.
    This is how they are represented at the start of the game, however based on player choices, and event, new Houses may rise, and old ones may fall. If a new House is formed it is expected that they have a set ideology and a leadership symbol to rally behind.

The Hutts
    Capital: Nal Hutta
    leader: Hutt Council

A Vast Kingdom in the Easter Quarter the Hutts are greedy selfish slugs only out for their own gain. The Hutts hope to use this chaos to increase their own power base, seeking glory and riches of all kinds they use their network of bounty hunters and smugglers to increase their control. They have called their agents to a gathering on Nal Hutta, so as to militarize, and begin grabbing at the weakened systems at their boarder. They lack a strong central military, and subterfuge is expected to be their greatest asset. Instead of ranks they have specialties, bounty hunter, mercenary, smuggler, etc. The Hutt Council see's this as a game, they don't consider anyone else's well being but there own, and think themselves untouchable. This arrogance has served them well in the past, but they, and their leader Gysor Desilijic Tiure, have vastly underestimated the threat this enemy has created for them.

Clans
    At the start of the game their are five/six clans that rule on the Hutt council, one of which the players who join this faction will be expected to pledge their allegiance or service to.

1. Desilijic/ Quiisilli: The leaders of the Hutt council, they exist in their current form as a joint clan. Gysor Desilijic Tiure, once a bachelor for Hutt ages, married the sole surviving member of the Quiisilli clan, Gluttony Quiisilli Thoma, whom he affectionately calls mama. With their combined assets they are amongst the most wealthy of the Hutt families, and their future children will likely have a fame all their own. Feared and envied by the other leaders, few have the bravery to go up against them.
    2. Etstorra: An especially bloated Hutt, Visha Estorra Huck is the sole heir to a long legacy. She is also addicted to death sticks so few actually expect her to last long, but she is a crafty slug, who likes getting her own way.
    3. Besadii: The Desilijic's strongest rival the Besadii are one of the most ancient members of the council, and their current leader Jissi Besadii Kirr isn't planning on letting that end soon. He is determined, and stubborn, willing to go to any lengths to further his own ends, and more importantly undermine Gysor.
    4. Illip: Perhaps the most reasonable, and least corrupt member of the Hutt council (Though that isn't saying much) Ruvven Illip Ogreg is more curious than anything. He has no hostility towards the other factions, though he is rightfully weary of his fellow Hutts. He is more concerned with survival than fortunes, though fortunes would be nice too.
    5. Ptiinii: Lociini Ptiinii Russ is very charismatic, and good at getting his way. He rarely has to work behind the scenes to convince people he is right and is perhaps the closest the Hutts have to a chief diplomat. Often using compliments and flattery to further his end, he has no qualms about getting his hands dirty when necessary. He is also willing to switch his loyalties at the drop of a hat as long as he sees the end result going in his favor.
    Hutt politics is complicated, and throughout the game membership of the Hutt council may shift more than once, so it is always best to be ready for anything in this faction.

The Union of Unaligned Worlds. (UUW)
    Capital: (Rotational, Currently Naboo)
    Leader: Prena Masorna
    A completely original faction for gameplay diversity the UUW is a loose alliance of several hundred systems that had yet to join the Republic at the time of the Sith Empire's invasion. They had hoped to remain neutral after the Siths invasion but the growing conflict has forced them to defend themselves against a chaotic and uncontrollable opposition. They dislike the Sith, but have yet to press the offensive. Their ranks are military titles, Private, Corporal, Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain, Major and so on. They have no central government which makes them sloppy and disorganized in their planning and strikes, but have a passionate patriotism for their individual planets. A new leader is elected ever five years, and a meeting of delegates is held annually on that leaders home world as a way to keep up with recent events, but no legislative power is invested in this congress, and the leaders only real role is head of the military, and to be a figure head. A defense summit has been called on Naboo, and all of their most skilled warriors have been obligated to attend. Many voices still insist on avoiding conflict, but Quen Masorna of Naboo realizes the time fore Negotiation has passed.

Objectives.
    Sith: Squash any and all resistance that stands in the way of your unified Empire, at all costs, and kill all Jedi You find. Survive.
    Jedi: Defeat Sith Forces, Liberate Worlds, recapture Coruscant, and reform the Republic. Survive.
    Mandalorians: Expand into enemy territory, and kill Jedi if possible.
    Hutts: Make profit and money, grab as much territory as possible.
    UUW: Hold Current Territory, survive. If forced to expand, do so.

Force Powers
    There is no point system, however powers are limited to what is expressely shown in the films. Telekinesis, speed, and cognitive awareness for Jedi
    And Sith may also use lightning and force choke.
    Beyond this only the most natural extension of what is present.

Force Powers
    There is no point system, however powers are limited to what is expressely shown in the films. Telekinesis, speed, and cognitive awareness for Jedi
    And Sith may also use lightning and force choke.
    Beyond this only the most natural extension of what is present.

Alliances
    Faction: To start the only factions naturally allied are the Sith and Mandalorians. Some alliances are easier to make than other, and others are downright impossible. You gain in influence and friendship with factions by aiding them, defending them, and negotiating. You lose influence by attacking them.

Tendencies: The Sith naturally despise the Jedi, the UUW holds sympathy for the Jedi, the Hutts are currently only out for themselves, and we already discussed the Mandos are allied to the Sith.

Tips: Be careful, it won't do any good if players are not working together, if player 1 attacks the Hutts while player 2 of the same faction is trying to negotiate an alliance then it will sour relations very quickly.

Individual: No members of the same faction may attack each other in a full scale battle (Sith may plot personal assassinations however, just don't let Ruin catch you;) ) unless your faction is in an active Civil War. More on that mechanic will be discussed later.
    It is possible, and even encourage for players of the same faction to pool their resources and help each other. But you need to be smart about it, if you focus all in on building up someone elses' powerbase at the expense of your own then it will be very easy to undermine your security.

Spawning
    All players will spawn on their capital worlds after they have submitted their CS to the GM. Except the Mandalorians who will spawn on Coruscant for the first week. After that even they will spawn on their capital world.

This isn't a videogame, every character gets one life. You have sole say on what you want to do with it, loosing arms legs and blood won't matter either way, but dead is dead.

Apprentices however are a way to add to your legacy, and weaken "plot armor" many games suffer from. You can kill of your current character, and as long as they have an apprentice (Who's CS is also approved by the GM) then you may continue playing as them. You do not have to be a force user to train someone. And Masters are mostly just for background info, you may have trained under another player character at one point or another if they have agreed to it.

Contested Territory
    Contested territory is any planet or area not under direct player control. Most of it resides on the boarder of factions, or where they overlap. For example, any world in the "North-west" of the map is claimed by both Jedi and Mandalorians, that will likely be where most of the battles between the two take place. And bases can exist in that territory, but you should expect them to be hotly contested.
    Battles between factions on the opposite ends of the map will be difficult early on, and likely rare. So fights between the Hutts and the Jedi, or the Mando's and the UUW will be hard to pull off, as the attacker will be far from home with scant resources.
    To start each player gets one base planet handed to them, and they have to grow their dominion from there. Every other planet, even area's that have no player presence, is expected to be hotly contested between factions. Nobody can just carve out their own area of the map with ease, every planet a person takes will require much sacrificed on your part, in lives and credits. Exactly what NPC opponents exist on each planet may be determined by location, and player preference. But it needs to be logical, no Mandalorian's controlling half the Anoat sector, particularly if they are having trouble holding on to the territory they do firmly own.
    Expect a lot of unclaimed planets to be disputed, with several factions attacking or besieging it at once, hence why it is "contested territory." To liberate a planet you need to wipe out all enemy presences on planet, NPC, or PC. Depending on relations between factions some may be convinced to leave of their own accord, but others will have to be destroyed. Each planet you free adds to your personal dominion, and your factions overall power.

Destroying/Rebuilding Factions and Civil Wars
    If the leader of a planet is killed with no apparent successor then a Civil War occurs, effectively a free for all between players of that faction to take control. Usually there will be "sides" houses, clans, species, ideologies, or powerbases that players can pledge allegiance to. Civil Wars will almost exclusively occur in the more greedy or bloodthirsty factions such as the Sith, Mando's, or Hutts. Though it is not impossible for them to happen in the Jedi or UUW ranks. They only happen upon the GM's approval.

A faction is destroyed if all the following criteria are met.
    1. Their leader is killed
    2. Their capital falls
    3. There are no other Player characters alive in that faction.
    Then all their territory falls into chaos and they effectively cease to exits.
    If a new player wishes to resurrect a faction they may attempt to do so. But they will join the game as a "mercenary" type that is attempting to rebuild it.

A faction is resurrected if all the following criteria are met.
    1. There Capital is retaken
    2. There are at least 3 active mercenary players for that faction
    3. A leader is appointed
    However all resurrected factions will start with a massive disadvantage as they will be drained of legitimacy and resources.

Rules
    -General Rules of House apply as always. Be Respectful, no baiting, or insulting other members. And OBEY THE MODS.
    -This game will start somewhat more independent than most. The players will keep a lot of free will about how and where they want their characters to go and do. But The GM retains the right to reign characters in, or throw problems their way should he feel the need too. I want this to be a fun experience for all, so if things get too anarchistic then things can and will change as need be.
    - Due to the nature of this being a faction game we need to watch out for treading in on someone else's turf. No assuming you hit another player, or killing off their characters without express permission from them.Work together I can not stress that enough. Compromise, and figure out how you want the battle to conclude that will satisfy both of you.
    - If you are absent from the game for a month without previous notice your base and all NPC's can be attacked and captured by the opposing forces. If you are gone for two months without previous notification your character can be killed off. If you know in advance something IRL is coming up it is encourage you find a IC reason for your absence so we don't have someone frozen in a battle for age's only to reveal the result who knows how many months later. If you fail to do so the Game Master may find a way to get your character out of the public eye for a bit.
    - Late coming players are encouraged to find the most recent synopsis of events so as to avoid contradictions. Any questions contact GM by PM.
    - Attacking Capital Worlds (Coruscant, Ach-To, Nal Hutta, Mandalor, Naboo) is OFF LIMITS unless the GM gives the OK. Such attacks shall occur on special events only, most likely only if your faction accomplishes its goals.
    - Color code your posts as indicated in the descriptions of each faction so as to avoid confusion
    - First Week will exist just for sign up.
    - No OP Characters
    - One planet per character to start, you may invade someone else's planet or dominion if you wish, but it is up to them if you succeed or fail.

Tips
    - If you are not sure if a planet is taken or not ask the GM or look for the most recent summery.
    - You will have far more freedom if you choose a planet that is not in the immediate path of another player.
    - Discuss with the players in your faction, make plans and formulate your attacks.
    - Attempt to negotiate with opposing factions if possible. Only GM can give their response but its in your factions long term interest to make allies.
    - Work together with your opponents to reach a satisfactory end to your battles. Sometimes you'll win, sometimes you'll loose, but it will be a lot more fun for everyone if you compromise with each other.
    - No previous RPG experience is need for this game, but it is encourage to check out some of the tip threads if you are new before jumping in.

Character Sheet
    Bolded ones are essential, but beyond that you may add or subtract whatever you like.
    Colors represent Faction specific requirements
    Name:
    Darth Title:
    Home World:
    Faction:
    House
    Clan:
    Clan Loyalty:
    Specialty:
    Weapons/Lightsaber:
    Form/Technique:
    Starfighter:
    Appearance:
    Attire:
    Personality/Traits:
    Master:
    Apprentice:
    Strengths/Weaknesses:
    Relationships:
    Base Location:
    Bio:

Darth Rozic and greyjedi125 like this.
  6. Darth Osnil

Darth Osnil Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 29, 2016
    I have an RP Idea. Basically, it's the Mother of All Crossovers. It's where you can pretty much be anyone/anything you want from pretty much anything-book, movies, TV, comics, OCs-you name it. It'll most likely follow a main plotline I have organized, and subplots and the like. The premise is centered around the Multiverse and the characters/players travel around to various places like Coruscant, Gotham, Gravity Falls-stuff like that. If you're interested, post here or contact me.

greyjedi125 and HanSolo29 like this.
  7. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    As I've played or run a few games like that, I think they're fun but can be difficult to organize. If you think you're up to it, I'd certainly be interested.

8. Darth Osnil

Sep 29, 2016
    Thanks. I'll get it up soon then.

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    You can count me in on that one too.

They do tend to be a lot of fun. :)

10. Darth Osnil

Sep 29, 2016
    I'll have it up sometime tonight once I design my lead characters.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  11. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Crossovers are fun, but just be warned. It becomes easy for people to just take overpowered characters and very swiftly bring an end to any semblance of order you wished to have.

Just a friendly GM warning. ;)

12. Darth Osnil

Sep 29, 2016
    There are contingencies planned. ;) It's happened to me before. I call it "The Sacking of Coruscant" because of those kinds of incidents involving Coruscant being wrecked by Daleks

13. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    Darth Osnil lol.

i'm also definitely interested. it might not be the worst idea to have a power level that you're willing to let in, and just make sure everything else is within that. although with crossovers like this... that's easier said than done. have a few ideas running around through my head that i'll probably throw your way.

oh, what kind of update pace are you planning for this? weekly updates? more frequent? less?

14. Darth Osnil

Sep 29, 2016
    Normally, Saiyans, Kryptonians and the like are generally banned, severely nerfed, we invent ways to depower them, or we entrust them to Rpers we know will use them fairly. Because while we love newbies, we don't want Superman or Goku put in their hands until we can trust them.

Update pace-basically whenever I can get around to it, but usually it's once a week, unless DRL attacks. As for how often i'd like players to post, at least once a week, but you can go faster or slower.

15. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Somewhere within the Unknown Regions...

The hum of lightsabers filled the air. Their vibrant luminescence bathing the large courtyard in a myriad of colors, creating a majestic picturesque setting. The trees blew in the gentle breeze surrounding it, petals and leaves drifting peacefully in the wind as the blades danced and hummed through their own self-made currents. The leaves dipped and soared over and around them, carried by the air flow they made with their passage.

There were at least a hundred different wielders of the fabled weapon, if not more, squared off into pairs all throughout the large area and seemingly practicing strikes, blocks, and counters. They wore various gi or casual kimonos. They never once struck each other, yet they dared to come within inches of touching their partners. It seemed the creation of the movements was intentional with the flying debris of nature as well.

Flute like instruments and a gentle tapping of drums accompanied them to create a serene atmosphere that was difficult to match.

Beat. Beat. Beat. The drums went on. Step. Step. Pivot. Paralleled the footwork silently across the stone ground, not even a mote of dust was kicked up despite their exercise. Hum. Swish. Hum. And so the lightsabers continued their peaceful, mesmerizing flourish; twirling, blocking, a soft jab and immediate retraction. All the while, they moved their full bodies along with the actions of the weapon.

It was not easy to mix the martial arts with that of the arts of the blade, it took years upon years of extreme discipline and continued practice. But these wielders had perfected it to an art form. One could tell at a simple glance from the footwork, the saber movements, the stances they fluidly flowed into and out of, and the indomitable harmony of the aura of the Force around them.

The flutes quieted, but did not stop completely, and the drums began to take over now. The beat harder, faster, more urgent. Every so often, a gong rang out. Aggressive. The wielders answered in kind.

Their movements remained the same, just as graceful and unerringly accurate, yet they were faster. The weapons' proximity to the partner on the other end did not stray, but there was still no contact. The hum intensified. And with each ring of the gong, the sabers finally connected with the tiniest shower of sparks all throughout the space. At the same time, in pure unadulterated synchronicity. They were not strong strikes, just soft taps. Quick. Purposeful. Their movements never once were interrupted by it.

The petals and leaves move faster now, ebbing and flowing with the quickened air currents. And none were cut even then.

The flutes ceased. The drums had complete control as the level of frantic beats vibrated into the very marrow of those 'dancing'. For it certainly seemed like they were dancing. Their tempo matched the instruments. Tapping strikes of the lightsabers remained just as they were, nothing at all changed except the pace. There was no hesitation, no tiring, just the eternal dance of the blade. And complete harmony of the Force around and through them.

When this seemingly unending session seemed just that, it all came to a sudden end. Drum! [Clash!] Drum! [Clash!] Drum! [Clash!]

The final bang of the gong and drums sounded; they all spun in unified rhythm, their blades striking stronger than ever before, the sound of the weapons against each other carrying with the fading music. Just as soon as the music was fully dissipated in those seconds, all sabers were disengaged at the same moment and partners clasped hands. The practiced precision continued to impress till the very end.

With a final bow to each other and then a bow between those with the instruments and those with the weapons, everyone began to file out of the courtyard. There was sweat, but there was satisfaction.

All were One with the Force.

"In the turbulent depths of darkness' war against light, honor is victorious over all." ~ Jungon Kunlai, Chamberlain/Chief Retainer to the Zhaoichi Family

Do you wear the armor called Honor? Come prove it.

Bound By Honor

Who is ready to play true samurai in the galaxy far, far away?

Coming Soon to the RPF! *snap-hiss*

[​IMG]

16. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Darth_Elu

Awesome! I think I like it...=D=

1) Posting in larger font size would be great! I had to squint through all that and now my face hurts! :p

2) I'm ready! Show me the nasty oni we must slay!!! My honor demands it! :redsaber::bluesaber:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darth Osnil

That is one massively creative undertaking.[face_hypnotized]

I sincerely wish you great success. I'll be watching this one for sure.[face_peace]

May the Force be with all creative and participating GM's and players!

Darth_Elu likes this.
  17. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Darth_Elu You've definitely piqued my interest! [face_thinking]

EDIT: Is this the game you mentioned you were working on in the Sith Academy the other week?

greyjedi125 and Darth_Elu like this.
  18. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    you already know my thoughts, so... yea.

19. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003

Star Wars

"Have you ever wondered what lies out there? In the depths of the Unknown. Among the Wild Space."

A cockpit of a starship is seen, two pilots manning the controls with a third person leaning over from their chair to look at the viewport. Both pilots were duros while the third was a human. There was a sense of excitement among the small crew as they lurched into the realm of hyperspace.

"Not particularly. Too afraid to think of what's wondering about us."

An image of a planet proudly holding court in its solar system is seen. A starship flies toward it.

A small laugh. "Sometimes you can't avoid it. Some meetings…are meant to happen."

A quick glimpse of that starship, burning and falling out of control to the surface of the planet all of a sudden, the atmosphere adding to the flames. It streaks through the sky, parts the clouds, careens toward the ground…and faces turn up to watch it approach.

"Do not be filled with sorrow. I know you desire to know of your ancestors. While the dragons forbid us from reaching beyond the sky, it will not be for much longer. It is nearly time."

A young twi'lek of green hue sat upon a rock in a garden of leisurely raked sand and carefully placed trees and tended bushes, his gaze had been upturned toward the heavens, but his look turned to an older man who had just entered.

"What do you mean?"

Our vision finally shows the newcomer fully. A humanoid body with short gray fur, nine fox-like tails, and a wolfish head though beset with two hawk eyes. He was of an average human's height and was wearing a plain dark blue kimono. His hands were clasped behind his back as his tails swished gently behind him, his gaze now turning skyward as well. The twi'lek followed suit.

"The Festival of Lights is almost upon us, where the masters of the blade will open the way to the stars."

The imagery of a night time festival occurring all over a giant city is seen, paper lanterns and lights are everywhere. Amid a gigantic dais, a number of glowing spectral creatures floated in the air regally. They watched everyone with gently burning eyes. Dragons.

"Before us, come the chosen ones of Xinsuke-ye. Before us, must you now ascend the dais. Before us, our samurai must now pledge their honor upon the future of all."

A number of individuals, mostly of this mysterious new race but a few more well known ones as well, appear walking toward the dragons. They wore traditional samurai armor, pride inherit within their strides. Katana at their hip and all sporting yet another weapon…

"In the turbulent depths of darkness' war against light, honor is victorious over all."

The samurai stood before the dragons now, their lightsabers held up and radiating their blades with such pride and humbled joy that all surrounding them fell to their knees, one by one. Till the untold thousands all lay prostrate around them. From space, the city was a beacon of light amidst a sea of dark, yet they did not appear to clash. But rather meld together seamlessly.

"Remember, while you are venturing out there in the great galaxy we have only heard about, you are representing much more than yourself and Honor. You are representing this Family, yours, and all aligned with us."

A woman of that new race smiled with a gentle hand placed upon the cheek of a young samurai of that same race, the clear natives to the world, while standing within an ornate audience chamber. A very eastern flair is seen everywhere and she herself wears a breathtakingly beautiful kimono.

The samurai squirms and then bows low before her, placing a hand assuringly upon the hilt of his katana. "I represent you, my lady. My lord."

She dropped her hand slowly and beamed at him, "You represent The Force."

"Just so you know. Out there…it's nothing like here.

Coruscant's gleaming towers are viewed from a distance, then a flash to Naboo's majestic waterfalls, another flash to Tatooine's scorching sands.

There is an unending flow of monsters.

A wookiee in samurai garb is seen running through a jungle, before jumping and grabbing a vine to swing up and out of the way. A vornskr just barely misses it leap from right behind her.

Wars.

Large scale naval warfare is suddenly in focus above the orbit of some planet, turbo lasers and explosions occurring all over one's view. Fighters dancing amidst the huge capital ships that are trading fire with one another.

The view pans out a bit to see the sight is being seen through another viewport of an approaching ship. Arms folded, eyes watching rapt with fascination, is a zabrak woman in casual kimono garb. Her voice is barely heard from her awed whisper.

"The Shogun would want to see this…"

And things out there better left unsaid."

A figure in black robes, indicative of a Sith Lord, stands within an ancient tomb and levitating a blood red holocron back into place on some hidden alcove. Their garment swishes with their movement as they turn to leave the chamber. A single hand gestures as they do so and another figure begins to follow from their hiding place in the shadows.

"Not to mention it seems like you've got more problems than just those out there."

A warrior in a black gi uniform is seen spinning out of the way of one lightsaber, using a sword to block another one with sparks flying from the clash of weapons, before then flipping over the second assailant toward an authoritative figure behind them watching calmly. The blade coming down with sickening speed.

It found air as the older of this new race went down onto one hand and kicked up with their feet, planting themselves squarely in the attacker's abdomen and sending them into a nearby wall. Upon standing they then adopted a stance much like one may think of as: Wing Chun…

"Are you saying we can't handle the outside galaxy?"

A flash to a trio of warriors storming away from a human man dressed as a commoner in a setting that certainly seemed a throw back to a much older era, minus the fact that a person was paying for something through a modern vending machine of some sort close to them.

The scene shifts to a human in the samurai armor with one hand on their hilt, another holding an unignited lightsaber; as they pace around a bothan in iconic brown robes. Assessing. The bothan seems unperturbed, though curious.

Another flash to a new scene. A number of samurai run, imbued with Force Speed clearly, as explosions rock the earth as a TIE Fighter follows after, firing desperately at them.

Back to the human commoner, who inclines his head in thought after the departure of the warriors, hand rubbing his neck. A soft murmur escapes his lips:

"More like, can it handle you."

A number of lords, samurai, and others kneel before a grandiose figure descending some stairs toward them. Their hands spread out in a welcoming gesture, luxurious robes of royalty trailing behind them.

"Be warned, great warriors. Disciples of the Dragons. Win your prestige, reveal your honor, do your lords proud. Do me proud. But know this…

A samurai knelt on the rain soaked ground of some temple, holding a severe wound upon their arm, their pained gaze squinting up at another standing before them. Their expression can only say one thing. Betrayal.

…expect nothing. Anticipate nothing. Even with the Force's eternal spectrum, who knows its true workings. There or Here.

One sees only darkness for a moment. Nothing is visible, just black.

Indeed. Answer me this. What is possible in the Force?"

That all encompassing darkness still persists before all of a sudden - *snap-hiss* - a red lightsaber pierces through diagonally in your vision.

"Anything."

And suddenly there are two glowing eyes staring back at you aside from the red blade, though it is difficult to place just what it is. Abruptly there are another set of red eyes further back, then another…and another…and another…and another…and…

Bound By Honor

"Dignity is your shield. Honor is your blade. In the name of your Lord, of your Shogun, of your Emperor…

Coming November 7th, 2016

ADVANCE!"

(For those who I know are currently interested) greyjedi125 Ktala A Blind Prophet QueenSabe7

20. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
  21. Darth Osnil

Sep 29, 2016
    Darth_Elu I wish you best of luck from one GM to another.

22. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Thank ye, both of you. And I wish you luck as well, Darth Osnil. :) Will be nice to get my GM rust off, been such a long time since I ran one. Looking forward to it!

greyjedi125 and Darth Osnil like this.
  23. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    ^:)^

Oh... beautiful!
    Loving what I am seeing so far.

*Loving the music too!!*

24. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    yeeeeeeeeeessssssss

my character will either fit in perfectly with this, or be such an oddball that i'll have to come up with something new.

Darth_Elu likes this.
  25. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Begins countdown to November 7th! W00T!!!!

Awesome presentation Darth_Elu

QueenSabe7 likes this.