main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Interest Measurement Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sawn_Kassal, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
  2. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    I would love a bit of Forgotten Realms, actually. I always digged that world when I was young and found it sad, that all sotries around here involve dices, which is something really better done at home . . .

3. bad_feeling_haver

bad_feeling_haver Jedi Master star 1

Oct 5, 2008
    As one of those people who keeps trying to play D&D but can't deal with all the mechanics and math, a Forgotten Realms sandbox game definitely sounds like something I would want to play.

4. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    I'd be in it.
    Somehow. :)

5. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Well, it is a great opportunity to dust of old characters from our days of first steps into RPing. Xandros the Black waited for ten years to be played again. Guess I would love to see him rise once more.

6. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    So,it's come to my attention that some folks ar still interested in Xavier's III. If so, I'd just like to get a preliminary head-count of how many folks would be so inclined. As before, the game would be opened to everyone.

For a show of interest, please PM me, no need to clog this thread. Just write X3. That will suffice. ;)

Happy gaming everyone! I'll post an update in a few. Thanks.

grey [face_peace]

7. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    What exactly is Xaviers III? If I may ask.

8. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Xavier's III?

DO IT. DO IT NAOOOOOW.

9. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Geez, that series really took off after I started it and disappeared. You did great with it I guess if people are asking for a third installment, grey [face_peace]

Maybe I'll get in on it.

10. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Thank you for your blessings Zedd, this is actually all YOUR fault anywho! :p

THAT (rpg) was a most enjoyable addiction. :)

Below is a link to the second installment to the wonderful madness Zedd_Vega started. Well, it seemed like madness at the time, lol. There should be a link to the first installment in the OP.
    Take a peek and have fun.

Xavier's II

And thanks for the vote of confidence Ramza. Xavier's was daunting to GM, but very rewarding work at the end of the day. I hope ole grey can still pull it off. we shall see. ;)

[face_peace]

11. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Sadly, I consider that game one of my crowning achievements as a GM (despite not seeing it through to the end)

That and the Dark Jedi Chronicles I started waaaaaaay back. I doubt anyone even remembers it...

12. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Aaaaah, it´s an X-Men game. I see. Well, I was trying to get myself into supes ever since Watchmen, I might give it a try.

13. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I'm pondering a G1 Transformers game, myself.

14. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    One week later;

Well, here's the update on the responses received concerning Xavier's III.

Interested responses: 1

And there you have it.

That pretty much sums up the facts gents.

Thank you all for your time, and Happy Gaming all the same.

Excelsior!

grey [face_peace]

15. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Except that's not true. Fins and Zedd both said they might be interested (Which is a 2 or a 1 in my book), and no less than three more people expressed interest over in the Opinion Poll ( http://boards.theforce.net/role_playing_resource/b10757/30975601/p1/?17 ).

Furthermore, it's important to understand that the measurement thread is perhaps better used to see if anyone would play, rather than a true metric. Frankly, not enough people peruse this thread compared to the amount that look at the NSWRPF and RPF to get an accurate gauge of player numbers.

16. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Dayum Ramza! Why you gotta go get all logical like! you KNOWZ I can't argue against well balanced and presented logic! (cuz there's no point to argue if it's logical. doh!) :oops:

LOL!! All jesting aside, hmmm. Not only do you make a good point, someone else corroborated to the very things you pointed out.

So, I guess I'd better stop wasting all our time and get crakin'. :p

*Hmmm. Where did I put that ole file.... not to mention my notes.*

Alrighty. Looks like it's gonna happen. Gonna be busy for the next few days working out some kinks, but hopefully it won't take too long.

See ya'll soonish.

Excelsior!!

grey [face_peace]

17. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Before I post, can I have a PM count of how many people life/would partake in playing a Lost: Sequel Game.

It is very similar to the actual Lost show, featuring some of the characters who never left the island.

A plane crashes on the island, though players have the option on deciding whether or not to get on the island another way.

So send a PM if you are interested. :)

18. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    I'm going to ask that question that's no doubt been on everyone's mind...

...NSWRPF Inception game?

Can it be done?
    Could it be done?
    Should it be done?

I-)

19. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Just for Interest Measurement: An Ender's Game RPG based entirely in the Battle School and for fairness sakes, this is before Ender arrived at the school. Any takers?

-b

20. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    RE: Inception.

It can. But it would have to be BRILLIANTLY GMd. And if it took place in multiple dream-levels...I would recommend multiple threads, somehow, or at least staggered updates.

21. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I've actually been concocting an Inception game of my own of late. If anyone's interested, shoot me a PM.

22. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Looks like at least three GMs are eyeing the topic of Inception. A shame I won´t be here to play, but the best of luck to you three . . . hopefully at least one of you will get it off the ground. ;)

23. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    @INCEPTION

I wonder if we can pull off crossing it over into Star Wars and have Vader coming out of the meditation chamber at the beginning of TESB talking about these three dreams within dreams dealing with "Gungans," "pod races," and "younglings."

[face_whistling]

24. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Ha ha, you're welcome to try - myself, I'm sticking to the film's universe. :)

25. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Well, whoever decides to run an Inception game, I highly recommend using this infographic as an aid to structuring your dream levels.