main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Interest Thread - WNY Region FanForce Picnic at Darien Lakes

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Apr 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    North Ridge's DarthMayer made the suggestion of all getting together this summer for a FanForce picnic at Darien Lakes since we had to postpone the bowling tourney until the Fall.

Who's interested?

I'd be up for it. I'm sure Connor would enjoy some of the rides. Might have to leave Leora with grandma though so that she doesn't get stuck just baking in her buggy all day outside. I'm guessing they don't have too much for the under 2 crowd.

I'm assuming the time frame for this would be sometime between CIV and CNSFX - so June 2nd-Aug 19th.

~Doc_Bev

2. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    sounds like fun

3. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Eli has been talking abou thtis idea since the Regional Holiday Party and it's been discussed at several meetings. I don't think his comment on the thread in the Buffalo forums was looking for any interest at this time as it is still in the talking stages. Besides, don't you think Eli would have communicated this to the region?

4. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I had no idea this idea had ever come up before.
    If this was a suggested replacement event for the North Ridge vs Rebellion bowling - I thought it would be beneficial to know if the Rebellion was interested in participating.
    It would be ideal to get members from any chapters interested to work together to plan this event instead of just one chapter planning and then presenting the event as a done deal. At least, that's my preference in planning events. That way everyone has a vested interest in attending and making the event fun for everyone.

~Doc_Bev

5. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    It's Eli's pet at the moment and was posted on the Buffalo forum. Let him run with it.

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    By all means - let him run with it.

But, that shouldn't preclude fellow FanForce members from having the desire to help in whatever way they are able and by doing so perhaps foster cooperation between neighboring chapters.

~Doc_Bev

7. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Actually the earlier an event is brought up, the better so that it can be put on the calendar. Weeekends in the summer fill up very quickly with events, parties and festivals. For example, I have only 4 Saturdays during the summer without at least 1 event pencilled in. Also, if we have some dates in mind, the event could be planned to coordinate with the various corporate days at Darien Lake to take advantage of discounts on admission and food and all that. However, that may be a moot point since who knows what the new owner plans to do this year.

8. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    I'll see if I can get some skinny, from our Ticketing Coordinator His office is next door

9. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Mee-rooowr! Chill ev'rybody! It sounds like a great idea, and I would be down for it, as I'm sure most of us who like fun events and things would be. Though it is still in the planning stages, would it be prudent to post an "interest only" thread over at the GE boards? By your hand, of course, Mods. This way, the prudence of planning such a thing would already have a gauged interest, wouldn't that be wise?

10. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Normally, I would agree, but since I was working under the assumption that this was an alternate activity for The Rebellion and The North Ridge - I don't feel comfortable inviting any other groups without permission from all those involved.

There are differences in the way North Ridge plans events compared to how I would.
    I would have put up an interest thread, but since I've been asked to get the heck out of the kitchen - it will be up to North Ridge to decide to include The Rebellion in on the planning or not.

On a slightly different topic, I am planning a Seabreeze event for this summer so at the very least we'll get some amusement park fun in that way.

~Doc_Bev

11. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    GE boards? so is this a fanforce event your guys are considering or a 501st event? or open to both?
    just curious

12. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    As I stated above, it's a FanForce event and I wouldn't feel comfortable inviting other groups without the permission of all those involved.

~Doc_Bev

13. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
  14. DarthMayer

DarthMayer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2006
    [/quote]

There are differences in the way North Ridge plans events compared to how I would.
    I would have put up an interest thread, but since I've been asked to get the heck out of the kitchen - it will be up to North Ridge to decide to include The Rebellion in on the planning or not.

~Doc_Bev[/quote]

Nobody is asking you to get out of the kitchen, just don't cook so fast, it ruins the flavor.

All interest in this is good to know and it would actually give us a view on what we can plan.

As for GE or 501st, this picinic would be for FanForce only. As you know there are many members of FF groups that are NOT 501st. And I am sure that the majority of 501st members are members of some FF chapter. If they are not then I would suggest that they join thier local FF group and enjoy all the fun and activities[face_dancing] .

So, please keep this thread going and update us in a week or two if Rochester is interested.

Thanks[face_flag]

15. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Another option - if we're not doing it at Darien Lakes is...
    we've already rented a pavilion for the USS Tranquility's (which is 75% comprised of Rebellion members) 14th annual summer picnic/olympics on August 12th (here's the description of last year's event). However, if folks are not interested in including non-FanForce people - then this wouldn't be a viable option.

~Doc_Bev

16. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    LOL - I just updated my calendar, and August 2nd. is the only Saturday completely free in the next 4 months for us, but we may be preparing for the USS Tranquility's Olympics and picnic that day if it is held on the 3rd.. Granted we may not be able to do everything on the calendar, but this will be a very busy season coming up.

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Uhm, August 2nd isn't a Saturday...
    June 2nd is, but we're pencilled in for the Stroll for Strong Kids that day.

~Doc_Bev

18. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    OOPS [face_blush] I meant August 4th. or do we have something pencilled in on that day too? [face_laugh]

19. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Aw, heck... just have it on Sunday August 5th, and combine it with my birthday party. Problem solved. And bring presents. Captain Morgan'll do...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.