main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Interested in being in the 501st? Imperial Costumes?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TK171, Jun 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK171

TK171 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2001
    As Central Garrison Commander, I am always on the lookout for
    new recruits. We have decided to start holding monthly meetings for this purpose
    and to organize events to attend.

If you have an Imperial Costume ( rebels ok too ) and want to be a part of the group
    who will be going to Childrens Hospitals and various events, please come to the
    first meeting.

When: Thursday night @ 6:30pm June 14th.
    where: TGIFridays in Bloomington/Edina. Hwy 100 and 494, next to the Radisson
    South hotel where Convergence will be held.

We'll just get to know one another, and Bs. Talking about a website, events,
    and Convergence Con.

have a few drinks, and or dinner. I'm going to make a reservation early next week.
    if you think you can attend, please email me at Joe.selle@mortgage.wellsfargo.com

Still toying with the Idea of wearing the trooper armor to dinner. Might make it easier
    for everyone to find me....

Please come, and bring anyone who might be interested.

That is all.

TK171~0ut

2. Vader2000

Vader2000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 1999
    Ah, nice to meet you. I met TK-187 at AlphaCon last month. He was pretty cool. He gave me your name and I tried to find you a few times, but alas I couldn't.

Anyway, I have a Darth Vader costume (which I plan on wearing to the Club Sith party at CONvergence), and although I'm not part of the 501st yet (there are still mods I want to make to the costume, but money is tight), I'd be interested in meeting you and any other interested costumers on this here board.

I'll be sure to e-mail you tonight when I get off work.

3. TK171

Feb 9, 2001
    Sound great! were you dressed in the Vader at Alpha COn? I was running around somewhere there. funny I didn't talk to you. ( Maybe I did and didn't know it)

I look forward to meeting you! Its great that we will have a Vader at Converg.
    sounds like alot of Troopers will be there, but wasn't sure if any of the Vaders i knew
    of were comming or not.

catchya later.

4. Vader2000

Jul 14, 1999
    No, that wasn't me in the Vader costume at AlphaCon, though that guy had a really nice one (I'm assuming you're talking about the one with the Vader helmet correctly painted in the two tone scheme and all nice and glossed.) The last time I was in costume was when I worked the MIA for the magic of myth exhibit. I'll bring my pics from that to the meeting so you can see the costume.

Yeah, CONvergence should be fun. And to make it even cooler, I'm 6'10", so I'll even tower over the troopers as Vader should! :D

Also, is there any chance the meeting can be moved to 7:00pm on Thurs? I don't get home from work until 6:00. Thanks.

5. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Holy moley V2K!!!! You are 6'10"???? They stack crap that high?!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

6. TK171

Feb 9, 2001
    Bill,

Yeah I talked to Erica, and she told me how old you were, so I figured out you
    weren't that one Vader. I saw him take off his helmet only once, and he was
    probably 60+. And the other Vader that was there was a friend of mine named
    Mike Kelley. Hes part of the Richies Armor team if you are into prop stuff..

anyhoo. just come when you can. I"ll make sure theres a spot for you. we'll get there
    about 6:30, but we'll be hanging out for awhile.. just bsing and talking shop.
    so no worries. just come when you can. Its not going to be real formal. (heck its
    the first one) but just a fun night out.

see ya thurs..

7. Vader2000

Jul 14, 1999
    Funny JediJeff...real funny. :mad:

Just kidding :)

8. Vader2000

Jul 14, 1999
    Actually, I was referring to the guy from Richie's Armor. His costume was pretty nice. It looked like he had the Vader body suit from galaxy trading as well. Very nice piece.

Yeah, I'm into the props. I really want to get my armor painted, I just need to get the money for it.

That's cool about Thursday, though. I'll just head down there once I get off work and meet up with you then.

9. Master_Eki

Master_Eki Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Well, I'm interested..if you don't mind a jedi master in your midst....

Master Eki

10. TK171

Feb 9, 2001
    NOt a prop-lem.. anyones invited. ( we'll just have to convert you to the dark side)
    but thats cool. I have plenty o' rebellion costumes myself.

Bill, actually Mikes suit was home made by Stevens wife. ( another guy from
    Richies Armor)

Its nice, but not as nice as Dales( GT). So your into props too huh? Well most of the
    boys that'll be there are into props as well. Probably just as much if not more
    than costuming. but it all good. Are you going to have Bob paint your helmet and armor for the Vader?? NIce stuff. Actually Steven Does really nice work too.

see you guys/gals ( ya never know on these boards) there Thurs.
    spread the word....

11. Vader2000

Jul 14, 1999
    Yeah, I thought his suit was from Dale because it had the mesh across the chest just like Dale's. But I agree, Dale's leather version is just so perfect looking. And the tapered sleeves and pant legs are such a nice touch.

Yeah, I'm into props. I'm really into saber prorps, though, and I'm looking into ways to get sabers made other than overpaying for graflexs and heilands on ebay. I'm taking a class at my school next semester on the computerized milling machine, so that'll be a start...

As for getting the armor painted, yeah I think I'm gonna go with Bob. I've been in contact with him since I started putting my costume together (back a few months before the Denver Celebration) and I've always been telling him I'd have him do the work once I could afford it. Both he and Richie's Armor do nice work, though. I need some mods done on the armor as well, which Bob has listed on his site.

12. TK171

Feb 9, 2001
    Coolio.... Bobs great. Steven and Richie did myxwing helmet. ( shhhhh)

but it looks great. I made a few things for them as well. actually, I just got off the
    phone with Richie. I had to pick up a few biker helmets for him from Teeners down
    town here...DP may be getting rid of the SW license as they were supposivly
    bought out. so if you need to get any helmets or masks, NOWS the time to do it.
    I had Steve at Teeners order a few bikers and see if he could still get a Clasic
    Action Vader, but the vaders are completly done with.

Bummer!

13. Vader2000

Jul 14, 1999
    What kind of props did you make for Steven and Richie?

What's Teeners? I've never heard of them. As for DP loosing the SW license, I think Bob's written about that on his page somewhere. Paper Magic or someone like that bought them out. I'm not really looking for any other helmets, but that'd be uncool to see them never produced again.

14. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    LEt me tell you what i"m looking for...Oh god why isn't it five two more minutes....

15. TK171

Feb 9, 2001
    We ALL know what your looking for..... It just aint here. move along, move along.
    :)

I made them some trooper Comlinks for their trooper gear. I casted up a bunch
    and was selling them, and had a few left over that I used in trade for some of the
    detail pieces for my biker scout armor thats on it way to me..

I also hooked Steve up with some orange coveralls for his Xwing suit. I got about 20
    of them on ebay a little over a year ago, and sold them off for people looking to make
    and xwing costume. I still have minor details to add to mine, but its pretty much
    done. I actually had it last year at Converg on Friday night. but i didn't get to stay
    for the weekend, just popped in for alittle bit Friday night. I'll have it with me this
    time though. ( if I wear it) but I might have to, finally found some good gloves to go
    with it...

Teeners is a Costume shop right on Hennipen Ave Downtown, next to Shinders.
    Mostly Theatrical stuff, and material to make costumes, but they have some masks
    and helmets too. Steve can order just about anything though.

16. Vader2000

Jul 14, 1999
    Ok, just to make sure, we're meeting at the TGI Friday's at 7730 Normandale Blvd, Minneapolis, MN 55439, right? Apparently it's actually in Minneapolis, but it's right off Hwy 100, just north of 494, according to Yahoo maps.

Also, once I get there, how I am to find everyone? Can you put the table under your name or something? Regardless, if you see a 6'10" guy walking around trying to find you guys, holler at me. :D

Thanks.

17. TK171

Feb 9, 2001
    I'll be on the lookout!

the table will be under my name JOE SELLE.
    I will also have my Trooper helmet with on the table so its easy to spot us.

the TGIF is the one you have listed there.

If all else fails, look up in the sky. its in the parking lot of the Radisson South
    Hotel... ( where convergence is this year) so its hard to miss it...

see you all there at 6:30. or shortly there after.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.