main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Interested in forming FanForce Salt Lake City?

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Elan-Rai, Dec 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    If anyone in the area is interested in forming a chapter for your city, please feel free to private message me and I'll help you get started.

As the time draws near for Episode 2, more and more people are gathering together and forming groups to meet for the premiere.

Again, let me know if I can be of help. ;)

2. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    Ok, I for one, think this is a great idea. I PM'ed Elan-Rai, and got the basics of what we as fans would need to do to get an SLC chapter of FanForce. If anyone in the Salt Lake area is interested in doing something about this, PM me.

3. Coolguy4522

Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    Well I don't really want to meet with anybody, or do anything, but I want the cool city rep colors. So just make me the city rep and I will make lots of socks for me to visit with.

4. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Well I don't really want to meet with anybody, or do anything,

That's the whole point of FanForce. :)

but I want the cool city rep colors.

Ummm... no. Doesn't work like that. ;)

5. Coolguy4522

Dec 21, 2000
    I doesn't????????????????

//is shocked

;)

6. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    Oh just come to one of the meetings, you'll enjoy it. Just try it. Where would you be in life if you didn't try something?

7. Ambassador Cara Jade

Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 23, 1999
    A Salt Lake Chapter woud be great! Umm...what exactly does that mean? What do we do, etc?

8. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    We get together and hang out mostly. It's alot of fun. At least the one Provo chapter meeting I went to was fun.

9. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Check out this thread.

It tells almost everything you need to know about going forward on starting your own FanForce. Just let me know when you want to have your first official meeting. :)

10. saberwielder76

Jan 13, 2001
    I was interested in getting something started, and even got the info on what to do from Elan-Rai. If there is anyone in the SLC area who would like to do this, PM me.

11. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi folks,
    Doug here from Idaho Falls, just a friendly neighbor from the north, dropping in to see what's up. I just wanted to encourage you to form a chapter. We've been a chapter for about a year and 3 months now, and it's been a lot of fun, and we've had some great activities. And frankly, I think you have the demographics down there to be a rockin' chapter!

I'd be happy to offer any help/advice I could, just PM or email me at jedi5150@fanforce.net

Hope all goes well in SLC with the Games!

Doug

12. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Well, I'm an overworked Honors student up to my eyeballs in activities and I'm not sure about what my parents would think of me meeting up with people I met on the internet, but it would be so cool to get together with other SW fans!

*hopeful* Anyone here like fanfiction?

13. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I thought the same way you do once. Then I just went to one of the meetings and I had fun. Don't worry, we all aren't crazy.

14. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Im very interested and have PMed afew of you. Also I just opened a Group at Yahoo Groups called UtahStarWarsCollectors - open to anyone who wishes to chat and post there. Let's seriously try to get something together- Im very much into action figure collecting and look forward to seeing if we cant keep eacother posted on rare figure sightings- Cheers!

15. Coolguy4522

Dec 21, 2000
    I 'collect' SW micromachines. And by 'collect' I mean play with. I don't care if they are worth $100 bucks fifty years from now, I have had much more entertainment playing with them. Tee hehe...

16. saberwielder76

Jan 13, 2001
    I have been trading PM's with a couple of you here, and I think that a meeting at either Barnes and Noble, or maybe Media Play would be a great way to get this started. Anyone who is interested, please PM me and we will get this thing going.

17. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Well, I read the books and I love the movies and soundtracks. I write fanfiction for hours every day, but I don't really collect stuff other than books. My aprents think I read too many SW books, so I don't have as many as I'd like. :( I would like to get together if my parents will let me, but I don't know if they will.

18. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    tell them you are meeting some friends someplace. You don't have to tell them what friends you are speaking of. ;) Course no one ever listens to me anyway.

19. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    I'll try. I really will. I'd love to get together, even if it isn't "enriching" like most of my activities are. ;)

See you guys soon! *crosses fingers* :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.