Interested in joining- questions

Discussion in 'Atlanta, GA' started by Xenomaniac, Dec 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenomaniac Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey, I live in ATL, am a big SW fan, and just came upon found out about this "club". I am really interested about joining as none of my friends are as big a SW fan as me, and would really like to get to know some people who are :)

so I guess I just have some questions.
    First, when/where do y'all meet. What kind of stuff do y'all do together? Is there anything special I need to do to join? Is there anything else important I need to know?
    I joined the Yahoo club thing and signed up to receive emails.

A little about myself. My name is Brian, I'm 19 years old and a student at Ga Tech. I have my own transportation and aside from SW I like computers, movies, music, and wrestling. I have a Star Wars website that I'm working on, it's no where near finished as school takes up alot of my time, but it does have alot of info so far, it should be in my signature but if you can't see it it's:
    The Jedi Encyclopedia

So.....can I join hah???? lol, I look forward to hearing back from y'all.
  2. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Hi Brian! Welcome to our forum! :)

We meet the third Saturday of every month. Our next meeting is on Dec. 15th. The location of this meeting will be announced in a few days. We also get together for other events. For example, we held a barbeque and a Halloween party this year.

You have already taken the first step to joining our group by signing up for the mailing list. So now, the only thing left to do is to attend meetings and have fun. :)

To get more information on how we got started, and to see pictures from our meetings and other events, check out our website at HothlantaRebels.com

For event updates, just keep checking in to this forum and the mailing list.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at minacia@fanforce.net or minacia@hothlantarebels.com.

Jump right in and join the madness! ;)
  3. Jedireject Jedi Master

star 1
    FREEZE!!

Don't move, you?re about to be caught up in something your not prepared for. The Hothlanta group is nothing more than a front for the Rebellion. They are using the illegal smuggling of sprinkles to support their campaign against the legal authorities in this sector, the Empire.

Son, I may be a trooper in our Emperor's service, but I was once a child of the streets myself. Having grown up on the lower levels of Coruscant I know what it is like to be alone. Countless hoards of criminals, like the Hothlanta Rebels, trying to draw you into their evil ways. Don't let the veil of darkness be pulled over you. They will temp you with meetings, food, gatherings, trips, movies, holiday specials, and may even go as deep to suggest traveling to conventions, but don't let them fool you. All they want you for is canon fodder for their Rebellion.

Now is your chance to make something of yourself. Turn away from the Rebellion and contact an Imperial recruiter right away. In the service of the Empire you will have the chance to visit thousands of planets. You could visit the waterfalls of Naboo or the desert seas of Tatooine while helping the day-to-day lives of the civilians around you. Use your life to bring happiness and joy to those around you, join the Empire.

;)

Jedireject
    TK1025
    Georgia 501st Garrison XO
    Hothlanta Rebels PR officer

4. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Uhm, just ignore that stormtrooper. We're quite harmless, really. ;)
  5. Jace Darkrider Jedi Knight

star 3
    What this "honest" stormtrooper neglected to mention to you is that as a trooper, you get to maime, torture, threaten and basically harrass anyone you wish at anytime. Have you ever seen what happens to honest business folk after an Imperial squad gets through with their business? Have you ever seen the destruction that they leave in their wake when entering a small, peace loving community? Let's not even mention the bantha fodder you become after carrying out one of the Emperor's orders. Do you really want live your life that way? Is trying to restore order and justice to the galaxy really that bad? The Hothlanta Rebels are a small group, with little to offer, but loads of fun to be apart of. The Empire offers some great looking armor...but at a steep personal price. Don't let this trooper's eye candy fool you.
  6. red_rose Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh]!! Oh man. Welcome to the group Brian. Don't worry JR is harmless. Practically toothless. Come to think of it he's a few credits shy of a hyperdrive.
    :D
  7. TK811 Jedi Padawan

JOIN the Empire! Ignore the Rebel propaganda! Every meal is a banquet. Every formation a parade. Dang it wrong movie!

Welcome man. Well have to talk about the FUN times I had at Tech.!

TTYL,
    KS TK811
    Hothlanta Sergeant-at-Arms
    Be afraid - very afraid!
  8. Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff

VIP
    star 4
    You know the Empire really is the way to go... It's like one big happy family. Thousands upon thousands of siblings ready to help at the mere sight of an illegal sprinkle.
  9. red_rose Jedi Master

star 4
    Siblings? You mean clones with every single bad habit replicated over and over and over......
  10. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I still haven't figured out why Imperials have a problem with my sprinkles. ;)
  11. Jace Darkrider Jedi Knight

star 3
    Minacia, wouldn't you have a womp rat up your butt if you had to dress like these clowns? I mean really, they have no real intelligence whatsoever. They do whatever their superiors say. Pretty mindless if you ask me. Things that bring happiness or joy have no affect on these goons. It's one raiding party to the next. And if your lucky, you get to take a blaster shot for Palpy. Now, does that sound like fun to you? We really should pitty them. They are just products of their test tube upbringing. :cool:
  12. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    LOL!

There's a lot of trash talk in this thread. ;)
  13. Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff

VIP
    star 4
    "Things that bring happiness or joy have no affect on these goons. It's one raiding party to the next."

That statement is inherently self-contradictory.
  14. Jace Darkrider Jedi Knight

star 3
    Then let me re-phrase so the tiny brains of the Empire can comprehend: it is one raid to the next. Mindlessly going where their somewhat mentally superior commanders tell them to go.
  15. Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff

VIP
    star 4
    Why would we refuse to go on a raiding party? Happily slaughtering traitourous rebel scum and honourless smugglers brings us great joy! We bring order to the chaos of your existence. You should thank us. :D
  16. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I like my chaotic existence, thank you very much. ;)
  17. Jace Darkrider Jedi Knight

star 3
    One being's chaos is another being's order. I agree with Minacia. I like life with a little thrill in it now and then. Standing at attention and waiting for my next orders would make me feel no better off than a vending machine repair droid.
  18. Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff

VIP
    star 4
    Interesting. I figured a little thrill could be obtained by sporting events or at worst self-endangering activities. I personally don't see the need to violate laws put in place to protect citizens or the need to illegally smuggle illegal substances so otherwise safe citizens can engage in crimes that endanger their own lives and the lives of others.

But perhaps looking beyond one's own survival and pleasure is not in the skills list of a self-serving outlaw.

Weren't expecting a moral debate were you? :)
  19. Jedireject Jedi Master

star 1
    Sprinkles are often seen as a victim less crime. Of course it is only seen that way by the smugglers and pushers. The families of sprinkle users are the ones you should talk to. Lets see if they think it is so victimless. I've seen the the pain on their faces, I've seen the wastelands left behind.
  20. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Ooooohhh, the Imperials are using big words and well thought-out arguments! I didn't think they could do that. What do we do now? I don't know how to deal with Imps who actually use their brains! :p
  21. Jace Darkrider Jedi Knight

star 3
    Come now Minacia. You don't think they thought of this all by themselves? Do you? Some Imperial officer, behind the scenes, is feeding them these lines. Besides, everyone knows Palpatine is a sprinkles junky. I remember reading Galactic News Network somewhere and it said something about it clearing his mind for better insight into future happenings. Pretty hokey if you ask me. So why does the Emperor get to use them, but it is deemed unfit for the rest of the galaxy.
  22. Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff

VIP
    star 4
    I see you are spreading you unfounded propoganda lies again. How typically scoundrel...
  23. Jedireject Jedi Master

star 1
    It we look at the teachings of TK0001 we can predict the paranoid behavior of those who support rebellious behavior. Oft forgotten by society, the downtrodden will look for anything that will bring them gratuitous attention. This is usually given essence through the propagation of misinformation such as in the previous arguments stating the ridiculous theory that the Emperor could have anything to do with the proliferation of the sprinkle trade.

Much like the harmless Naboo grass snake raring up and mimicking its deadly cousin the Gungan Spitter snake, those who smuggle will attempt to mimic the concern of the Empire?s more compassionate citizens in order to appear more powerful than the really are. Internally, their hearts and souls are riddled with guilt at the horrors of their trade. In order to maintain any sense of sanity, they must convince themselves that the most productive members of society suffer from the same sicknesses they do. Thus the outright lies about the Emperor?s sprinkle use is nothing more than a cry for help from the desperate.

We should not hate them for their lies. We should pity them. This is the driving spirit behind a Stormtrooper?s righteous drive to obliterate the tools of evil. Some would fight evil from the ground up, we seek to cut off the head of the snake with one swift stroke. When we look at the highest tower of evil?s caste we will see the Sprinkles? eye of terror looking down at us. Here is where we strike. This is our target. No amount of Sprinkles will stand before us.
  24. Jace Darkrider Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hmmmph. Whatever. I think you should take pitty on yourselves for being so brainwashed. I'm glad I left my trooper training before it got to that stage.

I guess there is nothing to say on this subject further. Imperial cannon fodder is so pathetic. No wonder you guys lose 10 guys to every 1 rebel in a combat situation. Poor, poor impies. I really feel sorry for you blokes.
  25. red_rose Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree with Jace. We have argued this into the ground. One cannot convince someone as committed as the Imperials to change their minds on such an emotionally charged subject. The only thing we can do is to continue fighting them on all fronts upholding what we believe to be dear and true. As long as there is hope, they will never defeat us. Never!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.