main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Interested in joining Reading Red Squadron Club

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Seph_Terien, Dec 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seph_Terien

Seph_Terien Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2001
    Greetings Fellow Star Wars Fans,

My name is Will, but everyone calls me 'Seph', and I'm from the great metropolis of Pottsville. Yes, I know, that beer town up North on Route 61.

I've been looking to join a local Fan Club for quite some time. Unfortunately starting one here would leave me with nothing more then membership from the rather large number of retirement and old folks homes here. I'd be afraid our cherished aging generations would confuse light sabers for their daily enema.

Ok, ok, so it was a bit crude, but I'm sure it drummed a smile and quiet laugh before the rather gross mental picture took effect.

Pressing forward I am a writer for an internet gaming service and I have also in recent past completed my first Star Wars novel with the help of a co-author from Australia. Legaly I am not allowed to give any more details then that right now, but what I can say is you will be able to read the works of Conrey and Brock very soon.

As far as SW games... *phew* quite a few:

(Online)
    Star Wars Galaxies: Starsider Server
    Jedi Academy
    Jedi Outcast
    Dark forces II: Jedi Knight
    Galactic Battlegrounds
    X-Wing Alliance
    X-Wing vs. Tie-Fighter

(Offline)
    Shadows of The Empire
    SW Monopoly
    Rebellion

SWG and JA are the ones I can be found playing the most. I'm more of a PC gamer then I am a console gamer, and I'm still deciding if I want to invest in KOTOR. I'm sure I will eventually as everyone I know that has it has had nothing but good to say.

Coming to Reading for events is not a problem as I already travel there at least once every 1 - 2 weeks. Lord knows I think BestBuy has a plaque with my picture and name on the wall for visits and money spent.

So there are the basics... aside from my strange, but comical, sense of humor. Anything you would like to know, please feel free to ask (as long as it's not about the book, I can't answer those questions right now), or if some 'Trial by Rancor' is necessary, please inform me accordingly. Hope to hear from you.

Will Conrey
    aka: Seph Terien,
    Admiral Seph Terien
    Fleet Admiral - Redemption Fleet
    Commanding Officer - Redemption Fleet Squadron <RFS>: SWG Starsider Galaxy

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow, you have a lot of accomplishments under your belt and we're honored to have you. Especially the news about the novel, it's cool to read about someone making it in the area! :)

About our group, we're fairly new and are still in the process of getting ourselves off the ground. Our website is in the works and we have some flyers that we're going to post around the area. At the moment, we are planning a holiday meeting in which we will most likely go to dinner and see a movie. We may even try a gift exchange, but that's not for certain yet.

It seems that you are interested in gaming. At the moment, we are also trying to hold a monthly gaming session in which we will get our own private gaming room and have fun for a few hours. You can find more information on that in the gaming thread. Other than that, check out our past threads and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

3. Pous_Eldoon

Pous_Eldoon Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2003
    Hello Seph, and welcome. Oh the irony; I was stuck in Pottsville (well, somewhere between Pottsville and Tremont anyway) for eight months, and now that I moved you found this place. Well, I believe it would be good to have you, even though I have yet to make a meeting myself.

4. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    Wow, you and I have alot in common...I also do reviewing for an online gaming site (not as a job, though, just as a hobby ;)) and play alot of games :D

Welcome! :)

5. Seph_Terien

May 15, 2001
    Hrmmm.... between Pville and Tamaqua....

That could be...

Cumbola
    New Philadelphia
    Middletown
    Kaska

Going the Route 209 between here and Tamaqua that is...

btw, listening to WGOO at the moment... came in when you were playing Smashing Pumpkins.

Anywho... thank you for the kind words and acceptance to the club. I look forward to chatting and getting a chance to hang out with you guys and gals.

Oh, and my lightsaber has "White Horse" engraved upon it. :p

6. Seph_Terien

May 15, 2001
    Anytime you're up for a game Ewok, look me up. I have a lot of other games becides SW games.

Call Of Duty
    Medal Of Honor:Allied Assault, Spearhead, and Breakthrough
    Battlefield 1942
    ST:Elite Force
    ST:BRidge Commander
    Daikatana (Yes, I am one of the few who honestly liked the Multi-Player aspect of this game)
    Unreal Tournament
    Tribes 2(only played a few times online though)

plus many more...

7. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    cool...I have those two Star Trek games too...the other ones I don't, though...I also have...umm...let's see...

Age of Mythology (with The Titans)
    Star Trek Armada I and II
    Age of Kings
    Rise of Nations
    Galactic Battlegrounds
    Force Commander
    Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

and a few more... (you can tell I'm a RTS geek ;) )
    I can't recall them at the moment :p

8. Seph_Terien

May 15, 2001
    Whoops... forgot about Armada I and II. I have both of those. Though personaly, I think Armada I is the better one to play online of the two.

I have Age of Empires, but I haven't tried any of the newer games in that franchise.

9. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Awesome :D

Out of those, I'd probably like AoM most, but I'd be happy to play STA I or II (I personally like II better because it's the first one I played)...I also have Age of Empires...I forgot about that ;)

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm not really a gamer (more of a collector myelf), but I do have Galactic Battlegrounds and I'm trying to get AoM. That's an awesome game.

11. Seph_Terien

May 15, 2001
    hehe, when you said that it made me think of a Secret Santa/X-mas party we had with work this year. The co-worker who got me gave me a Darth Vader Talking Bank.

I was like SWEEEEEET!!!... these aren't even made anymore. So far the best gift I have received for X-mas in a long time.

12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I remember that Vader! He waved his lightsaber around and it played the Imperial March while he goes, "Impressive, most impressive, but you are not a Jedi yet!" That was cool.

I have the droids bank myself. ;)

13. Seph_Terien

May 15, 2001
    Yup, yup, that's the one!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.