main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Interesting Art of Jedi: Yoda

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Excellence, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    What did you think of the art?

Just got CW5, and while the four issues I found to be average, I was really impressed with Best Blades. Not only was the art a style never before seen in comics, Jeremy Barlow's scripting was superb. I didn't find the speech to be rushed, everyone said was needed to be said.

And the camera angles! It was like Phantom Affair all over again. Close ups, distance shots, povs from awkward frames and even from the floor, it was a great variety. i found several panels to be memorable. Actually, the art was reminicient of Crimson Empire: the texture and colouring. You could say it was childish, "cute" looking, but it was fun!

This comic was really underrated, I think.

2. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, I liked the art of BB myself. It was really unusual, IMO..although the young Jedi looked a little odd, lol.

3. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    It was a definite change from the Durresma style of art shown in Republic, but I enjoyed it all the same. I'd like to see that team get to play in the Star Wars sandbox again, they impressed me on their first shot.

4. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Personally, I didn't care for it. It felt too much like computer art to me, and may well have been. I've nothing against computer art, but it just didn't feel right for the story.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah I really liked the style- not enough that I'd want to see it become standard fare, but enoguh that I' certainly love to see it used again in the future for some lovely variety.

Jeremy did a great job writing Best Blades- though personally I enjoyed 61 & 64 more.

6. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Indeed. Normally I'm not a big fan of anime style stuff, but the art was excellent and seemed to fit the story. (which was also excellent)

7. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    It was very cool, and an iteresting addition to the Clone wars. But it's not the kind of thing I wnt to see again, because it would quickly become overused. Oh and I thought that the Bail Organa one was much better ;)

8. BOOSTERERRANT

BOOSTERERRANT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2000
    I like the fan art of yoda with the lightning in his hand. that smile of his is wicked lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.