main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OKC, OK Interesting eBay auctions

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Silent_Jedi, Aug 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silent_Jedi

Silent_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2001
    Okay, here's the deal....this board is quickly becoming a vacant lot...sooo...I'm gonna liven' it up!

I got this idea from DarthWalls who posted to the JediOKC forum about an unusual sighting on eBay a couple of weeks ago.

I love window shopping at eBay and invariably end up looking at SW auctions (big surprise :D ), so I will share them with everyone here. I'll try to update it weekly or even sooner if an auction is particular interesting.

Feel free to make comments or add your own auction finds! Let's jump start this board. Enjoy!

Didn't take long to find the first entry.

This guy has up for auction a HUGE collection of NeoClassic(1990-98) figs and vehicles all MOC or MIB!! The dude has 485 items :eek: there are multiples of some things, but only like 2, and I didn't see more than 5 of a couple figs. The whole thing ships in 10-15 boxes!! I think it'd be cheaper to drive to Denver to pick it up! With 4 days left the price was up to $898.88---I still can't decide if this is a bargain or not?!

2. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    Doing the "quick math", one could say that nothing in the auction retailed for less than $5. 485 X 5 = $2,425

Pumping up the retail on some of the pricier items in the auction, I'll just ballpark it at $3,000 retail.

Since the better part of it is no longer available at retail price, it could go higher, but bulk auctions tend to go for less than their actual "book" value. There's no telling with eBay...

I guess the highest bid will be $2,000-2,500.

3. xwing25

xwing25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 1999
    looking at that aution i saw a lot of multibles in it like 6 baru and owen ,and quite a few others also but not a bad price so far and i agree with red that the price will be around 2000

4. Silent_Jedi

Sep 2, 2001
    Well, 18 hours to go and it's at $1025--not bad for bunch of plastic!

Anyway, here is your random WTF link of the day. Seriously folks, you can't make this stuff up! It's real! Click the "What is a ...." headline. I'm still shaking my head over this one.

5. Silent_Jedi

Sep 2, 2001
    Well, the bulk auction from Denver netted $1125.00, not a bad day all in all, but if he was using RedneckJedi math he may be a tad disappointed. ;)

This week we will be looking at items for the home. Have you ever found yourself needing that one last ceramic Yoda or maybe that Luke on a Taun-Taun teapot is all that is missing from your kitchen. Well, worry no more! eBay can handle all your hideous ceramic Star Wars needs!! Don't forget the bathroom, a snowspeeder toothbrush holder and landspeeder soapdish is elegant enough for any type of decor. Hurry, sale ends Friday.

As a bonus, here are a couple of rare and unique items that run through Saturday---ahhh to be a kid again!

6. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Ah, Sigma, bless you and your wonderfully gaudy ceramic Star Wars merchandise. :)

7. Silent_Jedi

Sep 2, 2001
    Well the tacky household ceramic netted a cool $488.86! But sadly the reserve was not met on Luke on a Taun-taun teapot. :( I think the gaudy ceramic Star Wars market is overvalued. ;)

This weeks selection is from the main Tf.net site. Personally I was looking for a V8!! No stereo, but at $9,500, it's still a bargain!! Now it is a 1988 Ford Ecscort, but it's had some ummm special modifications! Happy bidding!

8. xwing25

Aug 7, 1999
    well it's up to $15,399 now and still has 3 days plus to go i think it will hit $20,000 by the end of the aution it is a great ride

9. xwing25

Aug 7, 1999
    well it looks like soemone took there bid bake as it at 14,999 now

10. xwing25

Aug 7, 1999
    well it may not hit $20,000 as another person got canned and the price is $12,800 now with half a day left

11. xwing25

Aug 7, 1999
    man it's on a downwards slide now it has dropped to $12,601 i wondwr if it will stay above $10,00 for the next two hours?

12. xwing25

Aug 7, 1999
    well it went up at the end to $13,100 not to bad

13. Silent_Jedi

Sep 2, 2001
    Congrats go to the winning bidder and the seller for the $13,100 Landspeeder! Thanks to X-wing for the running commentary also. ;)

This week we go back to items for the home. First up is something that no kitchen should be without! Come on guys and gals, get out your apron and lightsaber--time to bake--Sith style!! [face_laugh] Note: Local seller!!

Next up in our "Dark Lord of the Sith" decorating line is this lovely lamp. Sure to compliment any elegant decor, this is the centerpiece you're looking for.

Are the books in your study always falling over? Try this classic (vintage) creature as a bookend and pay homage to the Dark Lord's home planet as well. Standing at the other end of the books, is none other than the Sith Lord himself. Standing 5 inches tall and weighing 1 pound, this pewter piece is the jewel of the crown and will surely impress any who dare to enter your study!

Happy bidding

Edit: ALERT! Pewter items auctions end in less than 24 hours! hurry!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.