main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Interesting Episode 2 DVD news

Discussion in 'Archive: Ft. Lauderdale, FL' started by Jager_Vex, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jager_Vex

Jager_Vex Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2002
    seems that rumors are abound that lucasfilm is, as we speak, already working on the special 2 disc DVD of Episode 2: Attack of the Clones, and the release is tenatively set for October or November of 2002!!! the sources i got this info from is pretty credible and is usually spot on, so looks like we won't have to wait as long as the Episode 1 DVD took to come out ...HORRAH !!!!

p.s. it also looks like the Spider-Man DVD will also be released before the year is out !!!

2. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Jager_Vex, that is fabulous news. We will have to amend The Fandom Menace calendar of events to include screening the dvd several times!

3. Sinlock_Shad-dow

Sinlock_Shad-dow Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2001
    I remember reading this in a Rick Macallum interview.

The reason that DVD's are comeing out faster is because "Movie Makers" are starting to fight bootlegers.
    In Tiawan, Singiapore, and other asian countrys. Copyright laws are only seen as legal for 180 days after a movies release. But if the the movie is released in that time on VHS, VCD, or DVD. The Copyright will be upheld for 1095 days (3 years).

I have no idea who would want to copy a movie after 3 years. ?[face_plain]

Hugs and Kisses,

Sinlock-Shad-dow

4. Riachia

Riachia Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    I myself can't wait for the DVD's, with all the extra goodies on them to come out.And yes Stacey,We will watch them many times together the Fandom Mance's way.[party,party party]May the bacon be with you.

5. Jager_Vex

Jager_Vex Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2002
    i just read that lucasfilm has been working on the attack of the clones DVD for over a year now... so i guess we can expect a good amount of extras and such on the DVD.

6. KierynFelaris

KierynFelaris Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2001
    Use the force Lune, fetch me that DVD remote. Hehe Can't wait for this one.

7. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I've heard a rumor about a November 1 release date for the AOTC DVD. But again, that is just a rumor. But, I do think that we can expect the DVD before the end of the year, if all the reports that I have heard are true.

The release of the LOTR and AOTC DVDs in the same year is a beautiful thing. :)

8. Sinlock_Shad-dow

Sinlock_Shad-dow Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2001
    Hello boys and girls,

Dark Lord Macallum has been reported to have said that the DVD will be out this Fall.

Doug Knoll has said that there will be 3 new shots that will be added to the ATOC DVD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.