main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Interesting Observation

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Pyrogenic, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Pyrogenic

Pyrogenic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2006
    No, we are distinct individuals. "Pyrogenic" is a recopying of his user name.

Ezon Pin, Deliveranze and Cryogenic like this.
  2. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    Wait -- are you me/us?

Cryogenic
    Pyrogenic
    Synchronic

You seem to have synchronized yourself quite well.

Out with the "-enics" and in with the "-onics".

Not after Episode III. [face_skull]

Tonyg, Evening Star, Torib and 4 others like this.
  3. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Lmao. Denied!

Cryogenic, Ezon Pin and Deliveranze like this.
  4. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    LOL I love this thread.

Cryogenic, Ezon Pin and HevyDevy like this.
  5. SYNCHRONIC

SYNCHRONIC Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2016
    Haha fair enough... just seems very coincidental.. including the very close timing of your guys posts, and straight away "liking" the posts.

Anyway, I think my idea of Palpatine arranging for Amidala to be able to escape and tracking the ship seems pretty plausible.. in that without her escaping Naboo, she would not have been able to make the vote of "no confidence" in the previous chancellor, and getting Palpatine into power. I'm sure George knows exactly how things went down...

6. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    Well, Mr. Synchronic 55 -- I dub thee that because I have become entranced by the number 55 and yours is the 55th post in the thread -- we are separate entities.

The reason our posts and likes are sometimes so close together is that we have no lives. The both of us are on here a lot at present.

The twinning effect comes about because we have similar views on the saga.

The naming convention is partly in deference to dualities encrusted in Star Wars and, especially, in one of the TFA trailers (ice and fire = cryo and pyro; plus George Martin has made that term trendy again; which itself has implications for TFA and the metatextual construction of the saga).

And then, I guess, our little "bromance" aside, we thought it'd be funny to appear like almost the same person. This site has something of a history of certain people, primarily, bashers, going around in pairs, demolishing threads, trolling users, and high-fiving each other, and we thought it was time for a little payback.

And while that covers the basics, it's only scratching the surface. Ha! It's kind of funny that I have a warm, almost fiery, avatar, at present, for example. Yet I'm Cryogenic. See? This is all like one big funny social experiment. Don't take it too seriously.

You make an "interesting observation" of your own there.

I'm not sure George (Lucas, not Martin, but that guy, too) knows anything exactly.

What I think he has is confidence in the internal coherency of his vision.

One decision inflects the next, inflects the next, inflects the next, etc., in a myriad of subtle and impossibly implicative ways.

How could George, from this point of view, ever hope to "know" his work inside out, unless he's God?

I would be reasonably sure he knows a lot, but if the series is, ultimately, infinitely complex, there's just no way for him to know it all.

One should respect the Force behind his creative intellect. The thing that you think is conscious is not the thing that is conscious.

Ezon Pin, Evening Star and Torib like this.
  7. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    I don't think the movie gives enough information to know precisely how Darth Maul tracked the Queen's Starship. The movie tells us one possible way is to track communications back to their source. But we don't know that's what happened.

We don't even know who sent the Sio Biddle message - was it the Sith or the Trade Federation? Could the Naboo Starship have contacted Senator Palpatine on Coruscant and Darth Maul traced that signal? Did Palpatine have some way of tracking the ship all along? This is all speculation. Was someone on board the Naboo Starship in league with Palpatine? Could someone have just called home to see how everyone was doing on Naboo?

The movie establishes that it is possible to follow the Queen and they have only a limited amount of time before they are found. If only they'd gone to Mos Eisley.

8. SYNCHRONIC

SYNCHRONIC Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2016
    I'm going to have a listen through to the audiobook novelisation of The Phantom Menace soon, and I'll see if that lays down any more specific information regarding it.

Ezon Pin likes this.