main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Interesting thing at the Theatre today...

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by DEATHstickJUNKIE, Jun 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar Jar Fett

Jar Jar Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2000
    One thing that brought a smile to my face during one of my screenings was the look on a couple of kids' faces as they cheered and high-fived each other during the arena battle scene. I saw those 8-10 year olds enjoying the film and I was like "Yes!" that's waht I want to see.

Of course, I was cheering too.

2. DarthOnion

DarthOnion Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    Now that I think about it, I remember a group of ten year olds who were actually on the edge of their seats from the landing on Geonosis until the end of the film. That made me smile too.

3. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I probably gave someone an interesting memory when AOTC started. I was shaking in my seat to the point where I had to grab an armrest to stop myself.

4. TheVioletBurns

TheVioletBurns Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    haha, KnightWriter.

When I first saw it, I barely drew breath in the first 10 minutes, then when Obi grabbed the assassin droid I realized I was shaking...LOL. Thankfully, nobody noticed but me...maybe it was that final I took just a half-hour before that made my brain overload?

5. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    That reminds me of an experience.
    I was waiting outside the theater for my friends to show up, and a boy and girl (siblings) were pointig at the poster and yapping away.

GIRL: That's Anakin! He has a crystal lightsaber!

BOY: So does Obi-Wan! But Mace Windu has an electric (electrum) one! (SOMEONE apparently saw those cartoon network commercials ;) )

GIRL: I wanna go as Padme for Halloween!

BOY: Anakin's my hero!

ME: (under my breath) Yeah, just wait till he goes psycho kid. . . ;)

and so on and so forth :)

It was just really cool to see kids so into Star Wars again. Reminded me of when I was a kid playing with my stormtroopers in my backyard :)

And then in the opening night line there were kids playing with the toy sabers. From 8 to 80 Star Wars is still appealing. Whoever says it's failing is only looking at pie charts and hip trends and is failing to look at the smaller picture.

6. homeless_jedi

homeless_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    I see that happen all the time. do you get out much?

everytime i see star wars. 10 times and counting (digital) i hear tons of comments about the movie. are they interesting? no.

7. Darth_Horny

Darth_Horny Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2002
    if you ask me, i think the little kids are little bastards...im 16 and i was rather annoyed when the kids in front of me kept waving their light-up lightsabers as high as they could in the middle of the movie...GAH!

8. lil schmoo

lil schmoo Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 1999
    my friend's mother, going on 60 something and not at all stupid, asked after seeing the young Yoda, "Why's that little frog in the film?"

9. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Ahh, finally, we are proven wrong about Yoda being a "Whill."

10. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 27, 1999
    Not to downplay older people's interest in the film, but do you think them seeing Christopher Lee swinging around a blade brought some nostolgic feelings back to them? My Dad is only 55, but he went nuts when he saw an 80 year old Chris Lee kicking some butt. He didn't even know that he was still alive!

11. Count_Saruman_1138

Count_Saruman_1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Even though I am only 17, Professor Moriatry, I am a serious film buff and let me say that me being excited of CHRISTOPHER LEE being in a STAR WARS is an understatement. I was so glad to hear that this awesome actor, the man who played Dracula, Sarurman, Lord Summerisle, Scaramanga, Sherlock Holmes, and The Mummy was gonna show, once again, that he is truly a film great.

After seeing the film helped cement this fan's hype. Lee is truly awesome in the film, just as he always is.

12. homeless_jedi

homeless_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    [face_laugh]

lee is ok.

13. Count_Saruman_1138

Apr 30, 2002
    If you're laughing towards me, homeless_jedi, all I can say is that I really can't help it. :)

Since I was a little kid, my parents let me watch all of the Hammer films and other Lee films. I grew up watching this actor terrify, yet intrigue me. I truly think that Christopher Lee is an awesome actor and I am delighted that he is in a Star Wars film.

14. DarthOnion

Apr 24, 2002
    I'm not going to say who, but somebody participating in this thread needs a Paxil...

15. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    If you were talking about me, then yeah I get out plenty :p
    That's why it was suprising to hear it because no, it's not brought up daily in a casual way like that.

16. Count_Saruman_1138

Apr 30, 2002
    DarthOnion:

Since my post probably DOES imply it, I am not obsessed with Christopher Lee. I just happen to think he is a great actor and that I am pleased that he is in Star Wars.

Also, don't make these obsessive compulsive disorder jokes towards me. My mother is a therapist and has to deal with serious cases with this affliction. You didn't know this, but don't kid to me about this sort of thing. It's a bit of a touchy issue in my home. [face_plain]

17. jedi-jeff

jedi-jeff Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 2, 2000
    I did not know that Christopher Lee was 80 years old. He looks great for his age.

18. DarthOnion

Apr 24, 2002
    Count_Saruman_1138: No, no, I wasn't implying you. There's just another participant making some rather apathetic responses is all. Or maybe I'm taking it the wrong way...

19. Count_Saruman_1138

Apr 30, 2002
    Sorry about that, DarthOnion. I assumed too much. I guess you know what they say about assuming....:)

20. Starbound

Starbound Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
    My Kids are big fans... 8 year old girl and 11 year old boy. We all went opening day. 14 kids in all, along with 8 adults.

Since then they have seen the movie 5 times and I have seen it 8 times.
    They play Starwars all day long. Starwars on roller blades, Starwars at the beach, Starwars everywhere, to this day! Fighting with fake lightsabers and they all want to be Jango. I wish they were Obwan. Oh well...

They come up with come cool theory's. Of course all of them have been already discussed here but for these young minds to think up some of these complex ideas I'm quite impressed.

The next generation Starwars Fan!

21. STACCO

STACCO Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2002
    Heh, heh, I´ve just remebered.

When the special editions came out a very lOUD and bothersome kid was seated behind us at the theatre. Now, for most of the film we wanted to strangle him, (which is rather ironic since we couldn´t stop ourselves from reciting the dialogue...) But...

When tha falcon lands inside the meteorite, we heard the kid ask his mother in a whining and desesperate tone "But mom... ARE THEY GONNA STAY THERE FOR THE NIGHT??!"

22. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    I saw it on TV some weeks ago: one of the oldest and most famous directors of Hungary mentioned AOTC. The guy is around 80 and spent most of his life with creating ARTISTIC movies (All of them were VERY artistic- I mean critics loved them but the *ordinary* audience had no idea what the storyline was). The old man went to see AOTC because he is interested in digital filmmaking. And he said AOTC is a fine movie... He did not complain at all. He had no problem with acting, or dialogs or plot... And he could not understand why some critics hate this movie.
    Strange, isn't it?

23. Jedi_Kyth

Jedi_Kyth Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2002
    i went to see EpII again a few nights ago with my little brother and his friend. When we walked out of the cinema my bros friend turned to him and said "That Yarjirobe guy was awesome!" I looked at him very slowly and said 'what did you say?'
    Turns out this 11 yr old kid has NEVER seen star wars. When he came back to our place for the night i practically forced him to watch TPM. 11 yr old and never seen a star wars film. I thought it was quite sad.

24. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    When I was a kid (sorry.. young kid), a little suburban cinema miles from my house had the kudos to put screen the entire OT sequentially (and went to the trouble of printing out non-Lucas Film "dictionary"/pamphlets to explain the finer points of SW to the unenlightened). My parents (knowing better) flat out refused to sit in a cinema with me and my brother and watch "that Star Wars thing" for 6 hours straight. My wonderful non-English speaking grandma took the us instead, understood very little of the whole thing and was nice enough to ask me at the end of it all what sort of creature "that bad Doss Vados" was!

25. Darth_Flange

Darth_Flange Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2002
    Well, the third time I saw AOTC, a kid started crying at the Tusken Raider scene.

When I came out of that same showing, a guy said "that whole stupid gay robot thing was just terrible".

An older couple said "why was dracula in it" or something.

But what takes the cake was when a kid started saying, is it started yet and the dad went "SHUT IT". The kid didn't move or say anything again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.