main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Interesting thing at the Theatre today...

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by DEATHstickJUNKIE, Jun 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheVioletBurns

TheVioletBurns Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    That's adorable. :D

2. saddy1

saddy1 Jedi Youngling

May 10, 1999
    This is one of my favorite threads so far. And look, no bashers! ;)

3. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    My parents enjoyed Episode 2, so that's cool. :cool:

Interestingly, my mom also asked why Anakin's mom died the same time he came to rescue her. And she also thought Dooku was gonna die at the end :p

4. IEatPoodoo

IEatPoodoo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    I went to see Star Wars for the 6th time the other day with my girlfriend (her 4th time), and we were talking about how its nice to watch TPM now that we can relate it to AOTC. Now, you have to understand that when we started dating she HATED Star Wars. She had only seen parts of them when she was little and said they were "stupid sci-fi movies" and the only good thing about them were the "cute teddy bears" in ROTJ. Well, I sat her down and made her watch all 4 of them over the course of a month, and she actually started to like them. I took her to Celebration II and she enjoyed it, but what really did it was going to see AOTC. I took her to the midnight showing, and now she's hooked. She loves Star Wars. So anyway, we were talking about TPM, and I said, "Episode II makes Anakin's goodbye with his mother mean so much more. He promised that he'd come back and free her, but he didn't. He broke his promise." And she said, "No, he did free her. It might not have been from slavery, but before she died, he untied her and freed her from the capture of the tuskens." I had never thought of it like that before. So, then I said, "Well, at her grave he promises her that he won't fail again. He falls to the dark side and helps wipe out the Jedi. I'd say he broke his promise there." She said, "No, he makes mistakes in his life, but in the end, he kills the Emperor, saves Luke, and brings balance to the force. He did what he was supposed to do." I almost proposed to her right then and there, but I didn't have a ring. It was really nice to talk to her about Star Wars for once and actually be "out Star Warsed" by her. I'll let you all know when the wedding is... ;)

5. jayme_

jayme_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2002
    Awwww, awesome thread.

I've overheard lots of kids raving about it at the theatre. But recently when I was at Target, two little boys rushed up to their mom with AOTC playing cards. It was just really cute and brought warm feelings to my heart.

I just attended a family reunion about a week ago where I met family that was totally unknown to me. Cousins, Second cousins, and a Great Aunt and Uncle. Anyway, my Dad got me and my Mom some Star Wars stickers and gave them to us at Lunch one day. My Cousins, who are in their 50s and 60s, became interested and said how they really wanted to see "that movie," and asked if it was good and such. Of course I told them it was great. I hope they see it soon, I'm sure they will like it.

6. Bookedout

Bookedout Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    Sorry for the late replies, had to drop off early last night.

Darthkarma - thanks for the kind words, your "5 Great Scenes" thread is awesome! I've learned so much reading it and have taken that knowledge with me to subsequent viewings and it's totally enriched the experience for me.

Cyodarun - Thanks for embodying the essence of a true Star Wars fan. It's something the critics and bashers will never understand.

SithSorceress - Your "rug" comment gave me the best chuckle I've had so far this week. A very classy reply.

Cool thread!

7. TheVioletBurns

TheVioletBurns Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    IEatPoodoo - now see, all I need to do is find a guy I can be outStarWarsed by! ;) heehee...that's very cool. Best wishes for you two.

8. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I live in Vienna , Austria and I`m beginning to get angry about all the other movie goers.

For example:

I was at the premiere of AOTC on May 14th.
    It was sooooo great.
    It was a chairtity premiere and only famous people and very well chosen guests were invited.

The movie begins: the audience gave a big applaus.
    That was nice.

It got very loud when Anakin and Padmé were having their first kiss.

They gave a second applaus when Yoda fighted Dooku.
    Most of the audience laughed.
    That made me a bit angry.
    I don`t think it fits in that good ` cause the scene should be rather dramatic.

Or in Spider Man:

The audience began to laugh everytime when MJ said something or when Norman Osbourn talked to his alter ego.

And then they laughed when Aunt May got attacked by the Green Goblin.

It all got topped when someones handy went on when Spider Man killed the Goblin............

Still it was a surprisingly good movie!
    - Cours we all know it can`t beat AOTC
    PS: I like the design of Green Goblins suit
    and William Dafoe body language when he wore it.
    His helmet looks like the Joker`s face from the animated series.

Back to Star Wars now!

9. SithSorceress

SithSorceress Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2002
    Bookedout- You think I'm classy? Wow. I'm gonna live on that on for a week.

I think you're classy, too. dear.

10. Bookedout

May 7, 2002
    Wow, Sith Sorceress, in that case I'll add intelligent and a good judge of character too! :)

11. SithSorceress

Jun 13, 2002
    Hmm, shows how little you know, doesn't it!

Think Razorback is still pissed off?

12. Bookedout

May 7, 2002
    Hi SithSorceress, no I don't think RB would still be upset. He seems like a really insightful and levelheaded guy from the posts I've read, probably just caught him wrong.

Billy_Dee, I've also seen people laughing during the Yoda fight, but I think it's out of surprise and sheer delight rather than mocking. At least it was for me and everyone I've gone with. I've never heard anyone say anything negative about the Yoda fight. It just rocks!

13. SithSorceress

Jun 13, 2002
    Bookedout, should I add observant to your list?

14. Ekenobi

Ekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2002
    There was these two little girls next to me at one viewing. They had to sit by themslves since the place was packed. They seemed really into it and everytime Anakin showed they would ooh and ahh and one of them said "he is hot!" They were about maybe 10 or 11.

15. Ekenobi

Ekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2002
    Another incident was in KB at the SW area. This lady and her son were picking out a electronic lightsaber. She picked up the double bladed lightsaber and asked her son if this was Darth Vader. Her son said no that is Darth Maul. She replied "I thought it was Darth Vader, did he change his name?" He said no that is another person. She picked up the curved handled lightsaber and asked him whose this was and he said that was Dooku's. It was cool seeing this 7 or 8 yr old explain to his mom who these characters are. kids seem to be really into this movie. Just like it should be. It was also cool his mom was getting this for him for getting good grades! Way to go kid!

16. Bookedout

May 7, 2002
    Sith Sorceress, you're making fun of me!

:)

17. theUnknownjedi

theUnknownjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2000
    I loved walking out opening night and hearing these little kids telling there dads how cool it was and the dads would be like you want to be like Anakin dont you?

18. Bookedout

May 7, 2002
    Heck, I'd like to be like Anakin too, except for that whole falling into the molten pit and turning into a dark lord of the Sith sort of thing! :)

19. ~JAR-JAR-BINKS~

~JAR-JAR-BINKS~ Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 1999
    There was a little girl sitting in front of me in the theatre and she had Anakin's or Obi-Wans lightsaber (I just saw the blue blade), and during the lightsaber parts she would whip it out, whirl it around, and make lightsaber noises. It got kind of annoying because I couldn't see the screen, but I was glad she was into it =).

20. SithSorceress

Jun 13, 2002
    Bookedout, whatever gave you that impression?

And I don't want to Anakin, he's miserable and violent. I want to be Padme-she's beautiful and powerful. And she gets to kiss Anakin, which would be nice, too.

Then again, she wears corsets. Not my thing. I like breathing.

21. Bookedout

May 7, 2002
    Yeah, I was just kidding about the whole "wanting to Anakin" thing. I like breathing too! :)

22. Merton9999

Merton9999 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    My favorite AOTC theatre moment was at my 8th viewing. There was a 50-60 year old guy that had come by himself and sat a couple seats down from me. He was pretty excited all the way through, but when Yoda pulled out the lightsaber and flipped out, the guy stood up a little out of his seat and shouted "That little green dude knows how to KICK IT!"

I also like the 40-50 year old couple at another showing that kept pointing out different dresses Padme was wearing and saying "Oh that one's gorgeous . . . I can't believe how beautiful these costumes are." The costumes are some of my favorite things too and it was great to hear them getting excited when I was.

23. SithSorceress

Jun 13, 2002
    You know, Bookedout, now you're making fun of me. "Wanting to Anakin"-I meant TO BE, you knew that. So my typing isn't gonna win awards. Not a tragedy. I'm not a secretary. I don't have to type. I don't have to anything!

I wish.

So, you like breathing, too? Wow, now I can add "non-suicidal". That's a very important thing to have on one's list.

24. Luke_Clone

Luke_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    "Bookedout

Sith Sorceress, you're making fun of me!
    "

*Pssst*....SithSorceress

Your line is... "No, I would be much too frightened to tease a Senator."

:p

25. Yodarth

Yodarth Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    During my third time of AOTC, a kid between 8-10 or so was cheering Yoda on during his fight scene. It was really cool. He was almost jumping up and down with excitement and all.

My friend's brother, who's 9, is really into Star Wars too. He has like 10 t-shirts, and he begs his mother to let him watch a movie nearly everytime I'm over there. And he always turns things into lightsabers, or else gets his toy one out. Really cool.

As far as older people, I don't really know anyone into it. Either they don't understand, they think it's stupid, or like my mother they haven't gotten into it cause it doesn't interest them and it seems whenever I'm watching it she walks in just as Yoda goes onto his death bed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.