main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

InterGalactic Banking Clan

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Ok_If_You_Insist, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok_If_You_Insist

Ok_If_You_Insist Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2005
    I was just looking at some pictures and data sources and noticed that IG-88 and General Grievous' Magna-Guards are both IG(InterGalactic) units. Also the IG Lancer Droids. I know of the IG Lancer Droids, IG-88(the bounty hunter), IG-2000(IG-88's ship), IG-100(one of GG's Magna-Guard), IG-101(one of GG's Magna-Guard) and IG-102(one of GG's Magna-Guard).

They all look the same except for the Magna-Guards. This is very strange. Does anyone know when IG-88 was made. It must have been before the fall of the IG Banking Clan of Muunilist. I'm thinking he was made before the Magna-Guards because he is '88'. But then why would his ship be called IG-2000? Crazy...

Heh, i just noticed right now on the Star Wars Data Bank that IG-88 is from the Trade Federation era. That explians a bit. Still, any ideas?...

Also,it says, he was made by Holowan Laboratories and not the IGBC...unless they are the same?

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sw20050120a
    States:
    Approximately a decade after the Clone Wars, Holowan Laboratories decided to create a top-of-the-line assassin droid. Using the Phlut Design Systems IG Lancer droid as a starting point, the Holowan technicians upgraded the creativity and intelligence of the basic droid, creating an efficient killing machine. Due to insufficient safety measures, these same technicians became IG-88's first targets moments after his activation.
    If it was a Decade later than why named IG-88.

2. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Why is the F-16 more advanced than the F-20? And the F-22 is completely different to the F-111?

It's just the way it is. Model numbers don't necessarily go in sequence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.