main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

intergalactic party june 08

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by rebeljediknight_88, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    This is being held be Mercury Productions in Wrexham, North Wales on june 7th and 8th of next year.

Click here to check out our own community were building up at the moment

hoping to bring more than just SW guests to you though so watch this...err... THAT space

i will prob be able to go to this as long as A levels dont interfere due to the fact my welsh mate is from wrexham and he goes back regularly

2. sweet_j

sweet_j Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2007
    OK, many thanks for starting this thread :)

Just to inform you all of a little more detail;

Mercury Promotions is putting on its first event in the heart of North Wales within the cosy walls of the William Aston Hall, Wrexham. We chose this venue as it has great access from the roads and train lines, as well as having a 160 seated lecture theatre which we will dedicate to talks and film screenings over the weekend, as well as a bar open until midnight if we need it ;) we also will be having guest signings (from all sorts of films not just Star Wars), photo shoots, stalls/dealers, and hopefully some very nice prize giveaways.

At this moment in time we've confirmed our first guests/announcements on our forum which you can find; BY CLICKING HERE

we really do need YOUR help though in promoting this.

our first confirmed guests so far include Barrie Holland (return of the jedi), andie tong (official marvel comic artist) and the Knights of the Empire. More signings will be confirmed within the coming weeks hopefully.

Its been posted in the Midlands section as well as the Wales section though purely for the reason that the event itself will be within 10 minutes from people near Chester, 30 minutes for people near Liverpool, 45-50 minutes for people near Manchester, Telford, Wolverhampton and just over an hour away from the Birmingham locale. Again as I said earlier train access is great as the station is next door to the venue within the local University.

Without your support this event wont be able to function though so where possible, tell your friends and family, sign up to the forum and spread the word.

you never know you might get pulled aside by the local radio and papers to see how your enjoying the weekend as they will all be in attendance too :D

thanks very much for reading and all guest suggestions and discussions are welcome on the forums whilst the site is being built also,

take care,

Jaime Milner
    Mercury Promotions

3. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    Sounds like a lot of fun! I'll be there if I can.

4. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    forgive me if im wrong but i dont think i have welcomed you to the midlands boards yet Sauntaero! So WELCOME!! have fun!

5. sweet_j

sweet_j Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2007
    Well the website is now online in some shape or form. Please join the forum I let us knwo who you would like to meet from the Star Wars universe as we are talks currently with alot of guests from the entire saga.

Cheers again for all your support its greatly appreciated :)

Check out the site HERE

J.

6. sweet_j

sweet_j Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2007
    More guests confirmed :D

Rusty Goffe - Star Wars, Willy Wonka, Harry Potter
    [image=http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/sweetj_nomad/rusty-small.gif]
    You will have seen Rusty in numerous roles in the Star Wars saga, as well as bouncing around in the original Willy Wonka as an Oompa Loompa. He also stars in the Harry Potter movies as a Gringotts goblin bank teller :)

Andie Tong - Official Marvel comic artist
    [image=http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/sweetj_nomad/andietong-1.gif]
    We're very proud to announce that Andie Tong is attending all weekend and will be taking in requests for you all. Andie is one of the top comic artists in the country at this time and is very happy to be attending our first event. You have to get one of his sketches they're amazing!

Victoria Milner - Miss Wales finalist 2007
    [image=http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/sweetj_nomad/vicky-small.gif]
    As part of our efforts to raise money for charity, hometown girl Victoria will be meeting the public and raising money for our selected charity over the weekend.

Even more to be announced in the coming weeks YEY :)

Remember the website HERE for all the latest info

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.