main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Interlude - Mourning and Knight (AU; Horns, X-Men, Fels, SkySolos, OCs, others)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Onderon1, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Author's Notes: A missing set of scenes from the Betsyverse, starting immediately after the closing chapter of The Shifting Tides:

http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/29839467/p1/?1

DISCLAIMER: LFL's are LFL's. Marvel's are Marvel's. Others belong to their owners/creators. OCs belong to themselves. This is a work of fiction. No money is being made off of this. Etc.

40.4 ABY: Jedi Masters' Quarters, Jedi Temple, Coruscant:

The galaxy could wait, Corran had decided.

The past few hours' worth of rapid-fire events - the defeat of those Skrulls, Jacen finding common sense and turning aside from the dark, Mara's annihilation of that ancient Sith monster called "the Shadow King," the discoveries about the Ashla and the Bogan, the One Sith actually helping to save the galaxy, even that weird lunatic Vulcan coming and going -

figuring it out could all WAIT.

For just an hour, he was NOT going to be the Grand Master; he was going to be a father and husband and face his greatest, most agonizing loss.

Corran leaned against the door frame of the turbolift and tried to compose himself.

Being trapped in an infinite loop of seeing his father's murder - even temporarily - had taken more out of him than he'd thought.

And worse than that was who made me relive it ...

He had to find Mirax. And tell her that Jysella -

their little girl had - had -

mentally tortured me and ran Nelani through with a lightsaber. Oh, but it's not JACEN'S fault, never mind that he was STUPID enough to let my daughter steal Vader's Sith holocron ... Corran thought, trying not to laugh insanely.

There were some days that having to be the sane, sensible "cop" of the Jedi Order just kriffed.

Corran took a deep breath, walked down the hall, and opened the door.

He saw Mirax, sitting on the couch and holding a stuffed Ewok, and looking ... lost, in a way he'd never seen her.

His heart shattered when she looked at him, trying to keep it together, and she whispered:

"I already know. Father called."

Corran ignored the meaning behind that - that somehow Booster Terrik had learned that his granddaughter had become the newest Sith in the galaxy, murdered Lorrd's Jedi Sentinel, used the dark-side Force technique torture by chagrin on her own father, and vanished with a pack of mysterious dark Force-users - and just sat and held his wife.

Let Booster throw a fit. I can't hurt any more than I am now, Corran grieved, crying with Mirax.

Imperial Remnant Embassy, Senate District:

They sat, waiting; the medical droid had timed the contractions as three minutes apart when they'd rushed over to the medlab.

Then one minute.

That had been a half-hour ago. Since then, there'd been no news on the progression of Cherith Fel's labor.

And it was still not lost on Anna Marie Raven - the X-Man known as Rogue, and also Marisiah Fel, long-lost twin sister to Baron Jagged Fel of the Empire of the Hand and the Imperial Remnant - that she had rapidly come to feel comfortable with her newfound relatives.

Follow my gut instinct. Turns out that's the Force - same reason the Shadow King's holocron drove me crazy months ago, teleported me here, Rogue considered, looking over at her ... birth parents.

Despite the conniption fit Wynssa Starflare-Fel had thrown when confronted with Mystique, Rogue's adoptive mother (and the woman who'd stolen Rogue from a Csilla hospital more than three decades ago, Mystique had admitted), Rogue found Soontir and Wynssa to be ... normal people.

A little stiff. But they're Imperials - military society. No worse than military academy graduate types, Rogue considered, look

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.