main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social "International Interview" Thread--All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Pensivia, Jun 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Interesting link! I'm not on Twitter and hadn't heard about this, but it reminds me of this (had anyone heard about it?):

Here's an excerpt from an American public radio story about the "Call a Swede" number:

"Sweden got its own phone number and invited the world to call.

As a way to "spark people's curiosity about Sweden" and foster communication between people from different countries, Sweden's tourism association launched "The Swedish Number," a project that connects anyone in the world with a phone to a random Swede. Swedes participate by downloading an app that patches the calls through to them.

The premise is simple: 1) Call Sweden's phone number — keep in mind it's international; 2) Chat with a Swede about anything you want — suggested topics include meatballs, darkness and feminism.

source: http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/04/07/473438101/call-a-random-swede-we-tried-it-out

I am so disappointed that I didn't hear about that number until after the program was discontinued!:_|:p

Seriously, though, I wish every country in the world had something like this...I know I'm probably too optimistic/naive about these sorts of things, but I can't help but think that it would help promote better global understanding and connection (if even in just a small way...)

Edit: some gorgeous shots in that promo video!

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I am right now answering the questions asked and will post them tomorrow. In the meantime people can ask more questions.

3. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Norwegians have this friendly banter and rivalry with you, but sometimes (rarely) it appears like although they claim it's in good fun, it also has some real bitterness underneath it. I frankly have a hard time understanding it, since the Swedish-Norwegian union lasted less than a century, while the vassalage under Denmark lasted for 400 years, yet they love the Danes. Do Swedes have a similar feeling of rivalry with Norwegians (or with Danes)?

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    @Pensivia What are the names of one or two songs I could look up? Especially maybe for the "Midsummer" celebration, which would be a celebration that we don't really observe in America...

Most snapsvisor are not specific for any celebration and can be used whenever. Even if some sound strange in the winter. A summer song is ’Humlorna (Vi äro små humlor vi)’, one snapsvisa that is probably the most well-known is ‘Helan Går’.

We also have drinking songs for punsch and wine.

Do troll images and references pop up in contemporary mediums there--like advertising, etc.?

Trolls are common among tourist curiosa and advertising, for as well domestic as foreign tourists. They are also rather common among children’s books/comics/TV-shows/etc. Here is some picture by another one of the most often seen troll painters, Rolf Lidberg:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

@Chyntuck What do you think of the way Nordic cultures are depicted in fiction/fantasy? Do you feel that authors/directors etc take the time to properly learn about Nordic cultures before transferring them to their fictional world, or that they rely mostly on clichés?

Ignoring Viking culture so can I not right now name much non-Nordic fiction/fantasy that use Nordic cultures in their works, beside some Russian works where we are the enemies against Tsar Russia*. This is sad since we have lots of stuff that could be used, like the Kalmar Union-era, the Swedish Age of Liberty (how the politics worked during this time is rather interesting), Carl Linnaeus and his students, the explorer Sven Hedin, etc.

When it comes to Vikings do it often seems like they more often than not rely on clichés and even when they seems to do research do they usually only focus on the warrior/raider aspect of Viking culture. It would be fun to see somebody that use Viking-culture focus on the trader aspect.

* Just remembered the Queen Kristina movies so that’s two more but I have not seen them so I cannot comment on them.

@Violent Violet Menace I've read that the tv show Vikings is the most accurate portrayal of viking society as of yet, due to the showrunners actually committing to try to do that, although that might be marketing hype. I would like to hear Gamiel's take on it.

I have to admit that I have not seen Vikings so I cannot really comment beside a huge blunder: Uppsala.

Uppsala is one of Sweden’s oldest cities and has been a center for politics, economy and religion for over 1000 years. During the Viking-age there is believed to have existed a large temple there (in what is now Old Uppsala) to some of the Viking’s main gods. As presented in the show so is the temple located in a mountainous region and, well, Uppsala is situated on flat land.

5. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Those pictures are pretty cute.

Pensivia, Chyntuck and Dagobahsystem like this.
  6. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Once again, I must say that this thread is one of my favorites and I sincerely love reading it. Thank you Pensivia and to everyone who is participating.

A question for Gamiel
    Have you seen this Swedish prayer before?
    [​IMG]
    I assume you have. I have this prayer memorized, as taught to me by my late grandmother, aurally.

All four of my great grandparents on my mother's side emigrated to the United States from Sweden. So my mother is 100 percent Swedish, by blood. I am 50 percent Swedish.

I grew up hearing some Swedish spoken and seeing many pieces of art and figures from Sweden around my grandparents house. For example:

[​IMG]

Thank you for your time. I just wanted to share a bit and was wondering if you had learned or heard of this lovely prayer.

And might you tell me more about these beautiful Swedish horse figures?

7. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Gamiel

Those Rolf Lidberg drawings remind me of the work of Claude Ponti, a French illustrator for children's books, have you ever heard about him?

[​IMG]

And now, obligatory question about food: tell us about surströmming and Swedish meatballs!

8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I will be out of country for a couple of days so I will not be able to answer any questions but people can continue asking them. I will answer them after I return :)

We definitive have a similar rivalry with Norway, it mostly take shape of bad jokes at the expense of Norwegians but I admit that some real bitterness seems to exist here also.

To why the Norwegians don't have the same rivalry with Denmark I don't know but I can think of some theories.

Regarding Denmark; we have a long tradition of rivalry with Denmark (historically we have been at war 21 times, which don't stop us from being trading partners (when we are not trading rivals) or sharing many noble families). Now a-days we look at Denmark as... how to say it... the family member that you over all like, is good to hang out with, excellent at parties but has a tendency to say or even do stupid stuff that makes you shake your head.

I think the Scandinavia and the World webcomic do a rather good job illustrating our relationship https://satwcomic.com/

I know of that prayer, it is (to my understanding) a common night-prayer among Christians over here, mostly aimed at children. There exist some variations of how it exactly goes.

Regarding the horses, they are known as dalahästar (singular: dalahäst) I am going to cheat here and quote Wikipedia: A Dalecarlian horse or Dala horse (Swedish: Dalahäst)[p] is a traditional carved, painted wooden horse statuette originating in Swedish province Dalarna (Dalecarlia). In the old days the Dalecarlian horse was mostly used as a toy for children; in modern times it has become a symbol of Dalarna, as well as Sweden in general. Several different types of Dalecarlian horses are made, with distinguishing features common to the locality of the site where they are produced. One particular style has, however, become much more common and widespread than others. It is stoutly carved and painted bright red with details and a harness in white, green, yellow and blue.
    [...]
    History[edit]

[​IMG]

Old model

It was in the small log cabins deep in the forests during the long winter nights in front of a log fire that the forerunner of the Dala horse was born. Using simple tools, generally only a knife, woodcarvers made toys for their children. It was only natural that many of these toys were horses, because the horse was invaluable in those days, as a trusty friend and worker who could pull great loads of timber from the forests during the winter months, and in the summer could be of just as much use on the farm.
    The art of carving and painting the small horses quickly flourished in the 19th century, as economic hardship in the region inspired greater production of the small horses, and they became an important item of barter. Horse-making may have started as something to do during the long dark winter months, but soon the Dala horses were traded in exchange for household goods and their carving and painting blossomed into a full-fledged cottage industry. The rural families depended on horse production to help keep food on the table, as the skills of horse carving and painting were passed on from generation to generation.[citation needed]
    [​IMG]

The wooden horses are painted in the kurbits style. This one from around 1950.

The carving of Dala horses as a livelihood is thought to have started in the village of Bergkarlås in central Sweden, though the nearby "horse" villages of Risa, Vattnäs, and Nusnäs were also centres of horse-making. The villages were involved in the art of furniture and clock-making, and it is likely the leftover scraps of wood were put to use in the production of Dala horses.[1] Many early Dala horses were not painted at all, but in the beginning of the 19th century painting them in a single color, white or red, became common practice. The decoration of the Dala horse has its roots in furniture painting and was perfected over the years. According to a local tale, a wandering painter in the style of kurbits came across one of these Dala horses in a farm he was decorating. When asked by one of the children why that horse was not as beautifully painted as the ones in the decorations, he painted the Dala horse in the same style. This tradition was then carried on in order to raise the market value of the Dala horses.
    The earliest references to wooden horses for sale are from 1623—nearly 400 years ago. In the 19th century, Stikå-Erik Hansson from the village Risa in the parish of Mora introduced the technique of painting with two colours on the same brush, still used today. In the book "The Wooden Horses of Sweden," the author mentions that this famous Dala painter is buried in a small churchyard in Nebraska after having immigrated to the Midwest in 1887 at the age of 64.) He changed his name to Erik Erikson upon coming to America and is buried at Bega Cemetery in Stanton County Nebraska, outside of Norfolk.
    While there were many horse whittlers in the early production of Dala horses, there were comparatively few horse painters. The large number of whittlers and a lack of distinguishing features makes it difficult to distinguish between different whittlers. Early painters very rarely signed their work, but they did have their own distinct pattern from which it is often possible to identify who painted a particular horse. In the 1930s (especially after the World's Expo in Paris 1937 and World's Fair in New York 1939 in which Dala horses were shown) mass production of Dala horses started. This marks the beginning of a new era for the Dala horse, transitioning from toy to a national symbol and popular souvenir.
    The Dalecarlian horse of today is still a handcrafted article, made of pine, and its pattern is about 150 years old. At least nine different people contribute their skills to create each horse. The distinctive shape of the horse is due to the usage of flat-plane style carving.
    Geographical differences[edit]

[​IMG]

A Dala horse painted by Rytter Olof Matsson, Risa, around 1910.

Early production of Dala horses was concentrated to four villages: Bergkarlås, Risa, Vattnäs, and Nusnäs, all in the parish of Mora. Production is believed to have started in Bergkarlås and later spread to nearby villages Risa and Vattnäs through kindred. At about the same time production started independently in Nusnäs, and being farther away their style was less influenced by those of the other villages. The individual painters each had their particular style, and the few who are old enough to remember first- or second-hand the history can often tell which village, and in some cases which carver or painter, turned out a particular horse. The distinguishing features of many early painters from these villages have now been documented.[3][4]
    Many of the works by the earliest horse makers are no longer in existence but those that remain are cherished by their owners and have often been passed down through generations. These are also coveted by collectors, and their value has risen markedly over the last ten years.
    Today, many of the villages in Dalarna county make Dala horses with individual styles representing the district of origin. These horses also have distinctive shapes and often come in different sizes. Some horses like the Nusnäs horse are stocky work horses; others are lean and upright with stately countenance like the Rättvik horse. Many of these can be seen at a yearly exhibition (since the year 2000), which is held at Klockargården in Leksand, Sweden. Currently about forty present carvers and painters show their Dala horses and put them up for sale."

Don't think so.

Swedish meatballs are traditional food over here, you can either make them yourself or by them prepared. The prepared meatballs taste usually just as good as the homemade once and is a standard children's food, you can also put them cold on bread, creating a köttbullemacka. Meatballs are usually eaten hot with spaghetti + ketchup or with potato + sauce and/or lingonberry jam.

Regarding surströmming so will I answer that when I return ;)

9. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    There is a town called Rosa in Sweden. I'll have to remember that long enough to post it on my Trek forum.:D

Dagobahsystem and Chyntuck like this.
  10. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I fully support this thread. Can't participate because I do not consider myself educated enough for this and my head would explode from super-detailed questions, but I thought I'd come by and say that the idea is wonderful. I really enjoyed Evening Star and Chyntuck interviews.

Nope. None. The closest are some bits of Preševska dolina, which is mostly inhabited by ethnical Albanians.

And the first riot was not actually Macedonians vs. Bulgarians or Macedonians vs. Greeks but Bulgarians attacking Greeks in Eastern Romelia, but you know how particular I am to that subject (and how I don't know anything else).

11. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    ^Thanks very much for those nice comments EP!:) Glad you like the thread...come on by anytime!

Gamiel, Dagobahsystem and Ewok Poet like this.
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What, no new question? I am disappointed people.
    Surströmming is something I enjoy eating, it has a terrible stink, especially if you open it wrong, and even if you open it right it usually has a strong smell but you get used to it quickly.

You are not supposed to eat it by itself but to take the strömming file on tunnbröd* together with cold potato, chopped chive and/or onions, and maybe some other stuff that varies depending on family and/or region. Snaps is traditionally drunk to surströmming.

* tunnbröd ("thin bread") is a thin, either soft or crispy bread (not to be confused with crispbread) that comes in big square sheets when soft or as rounds of almost a metre in diameter when crisp.

[​IMG]

EDIT: also this https://satwcomic.com/nordics-like-fish

13. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Oh, I have another question and some comments...I'm just slow:p

^just a comment--that is an awesomely specific word:p

^I like this too--it would be very useful to have two pairs of words for these relations in English

^That word (Smörgås) reminds me to ask you about a Swedish-derived food term very well known here in America (though I'm sure changed from its original characteristics at least somewhat):

How common are Smörgåsbords in Sweden today? Is it just something you would see at a time of major celebration or they also prepared for more informal occasions? What are your own personal "must have" items for a Smörgåsbord ?

Gamiel, Dagobahsystem and Chyntuck like this.
  14. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Gamiel That rotten fish comic is precious [face_laugh]

And I absolutely want to try surströmming -- I suspect it's like French cheese and tauntauns, they smell bad on the outside!

Another question: I think the only two Swedish companies I know are IKEA and Volvo. Can you tell us about other big companies, and more generally about the main sectors of activity in the Swedish economy?

Gamiel, Dagobahsystem and Pensivia like this.
  15. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Gamiel

A few general questions about Swedish music:

What are the most popular musical genres in Sweden today?

Most popular artists?

Is the art music (classical) scene thriving and/or popular in Sweden?

Are there any unique musical instruments that are associated with or that were invented in Sweden?

Lastly, do many people listen to The Beatles? Do you like them, personally?

Gamiel, Chyntuck and Pensivia like this.
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    While researching what word English don't have I found some other "awesomely specific word" if you want to hear ;)
    Smörgåsbords are something you use for large gatherings of people, it can be used both for celebration and informal occasions just as long as there is many people. If you are only a few people making a smörgåsbords is not the effort. What kind of items put on a smörgåsbord depends upon the occasion (many holydays has a special kind of smörgåsbord for that occasion) and the family so "must have" items depend on the occasion.

Sweden's economy is a highly export based with a big part of our export being made up by wood- and iron-based products. There is an old saying that iron and forest is what our economy is built upon and that is at least partly true still.

When it comes to big companies, I know of: Hennes & Mauritz (you probably know of it as H&M); Swedbank; Paradox Interactive (probably not as big as some of the other but more well known and influential, at least among our kind); Ericsson; Telia Sonera AB and Vattenfall

What I feel the main sectors of activates that is most often talked about (as if they where important) over here is music, fashion, tourism and food service.

Dagobahsystem I will do your question soon.

17. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    In fashion there is also the clothing line of famous tennis legend Björn Borg. Also, Scania is a major producer of trucks/lorries and industrial vehicles, although Volkswagon owns a majority stake in the company these days. The Saab group (not to be confused with the bankrupt car manufacturer of the same name) is a supplier of fighter jets and other military aircraft. Sweden is in fact one of the world's largest arms exporters. In video games, DICE and Avalanche Studios are both prominent game developers, although DICE is owned by publishing giant EA. There is also the exotic brand of performance supercars, Koenigsegg. These are things I remembered off the top of my head, just to add to Gamiel's list.

Chyntuck and Gamiel like this.
  18. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Oh now I'm intrigued:p ...can you post it here without violating the TOS?! [face_laugh]

19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Oh dear, I am not good with pop-culture (outside of some specific nerdy fields), so what I write here is probably outdated and misses many artist that I have just not heard about.

What are the most popular musical genres in Sweden today?
    Going on what little music I hear on the radio, and posters I see across town, I would say that the most popular genres are pop-music (can't be more specific), variations of metal (which is known as hård rock, "hard rock", over her), and variations of jazz. Dance music is still rather popular; rap and reggae seems to have many fans; Bob Dylan & Bruce Springsteen are big... beside that I can't really say, sorry.

Something I noticed when I listened to a top list of Swedish song on the radio was that more-or-less all the top song had a bit of a melancholic edge.

Most popular artists?
    Some big artist that I know of that was at least recently active (unlike ABBA):

Magnus Uggla - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnus_Uggla

The song is rather old but one of his most popular ones, if you are wondering so is it about the tendency to spend all your money on stupid stuff once you get your salary, even though you have promised not to do it and have lived on broth for most of the month because you did that last time.

Mando Diao - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mando_Diao

Avicii - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avicii

Kent - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_(band)

The song and clips are from their farewell concert .

Sven-Bertil Taube - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sven-Bertil_Taube

He is the son to national scald Evert Taube (don't have the space to post a video of his works), and have also worked as an actor, even internationally (you might have seen him in The Eagle Has Landed or the Swedish version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo)

I want to post some more artist and you know what; I do some more in the next post ;)

Is the art music (classical) scene thriving and/or popular in Sweden?
    I don't know, one of public broadcast's radio channels specialise in classic music (even if they also have programs about other kinds of music) and ...
    at the same time there was a discussion recently about classic music supposedly being dying out.

Are there any unique musical instruments that are associated with or that were invented in Sweden?
    There is the Swedish lute, which is, to quote Wikipedia: "a musical instrument developed from the early cittern, with a theorbo'ed neck with several bass strings running offset from the fretboard. The modern Swedish lute generally has six strings over the fretboard, and four or more free-running strings. Prominent among early developers of the Swedish lute was Matthias Petter Kraft, who in the latter half of the 18th century built the lute played by the famous Swedish musician and composer Carl Michael Bellman."
    [​IMG]

Here we see Evert Taube and his Swedish lute in a 1966 photo
    [​IMG]

There is also the Swedish bagpipe
    [​IMG]

Once again to quote Wikipedia: "a variety of bagpipes from Sweden. The term itself generically translates to "bagpipes" in Swedish, but is used in English to describe the specifically Swedish bagpipe from the Dalarna region.
    [...]
    Medieval paintings in churches suggest that the instrument was spread all over Sweden. The instrument was practically extinct by the middle of the 20th century; the instrument that today is referred to as Swedish bagpipes is a construction based on instruments from the western parts of the district called Dalarna, the only region of Sweden where the bagpipe tradition survived into the 20th century.
    [...]
    Today there are several Swedish folk music groups that include the bag pipes in their setting, such as Hedningarna, Svanevit and Dråm (the two latter involving Erik Ask-Upmark and Anna Rynefors). Players of the Swedish pipes are now eligible to compete playing traditional music before a jury to earn the title of riksspelman.
    [...]
    The bag is notably smaller than that of many other bagpipes. This, however, is no major problem as the pipes require relatively little air. The chanter has a single cane reed and a cylindrical bore, with a range of one octave. It is essentially diatonic (with a melodic ascending A minor—A major with a flat third—scale starting on E) since cross-fingering has little effect."

Lastly, do many people listen to The Beatles? Do you like them, personally?
    I think many people listen to the Beatles and I quite like them myself.

Yes:
    Buksvåger = a derogatory or humorous term for the relationship created between two men who have had sex with the same person. It is created by combining the Swedish words for belly (buk) and brother-in-law (svåger)

Thanks, I know of them (beside DICE and Avalanche Studios) but had completely forgotten about them, another company that should be mentioned is Svenska Cellulosa AB

20. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    oh, that's hilarious![face_laugh] Interesting that the term is just for two men in that situation...is there no such word for two women who have had the same partner?

Speaking of issues of gender/sexuality...I know in general (or at least it is my impression) that many western European countries have long been more socially "open"/tolerant"'/"liberal" than the U.S. Would you say that that is generally true with issues relating to what we would call "gay rights" over here? For example, is same-sex marriage legal in Sweden and if so, is that a very recent development or not? And do you think there is a significant divide between Swedish attitudes on issues like that between people who live in the most urban areas and those who may live in smaller towns/villages/the countryside? (Over here, there's often a big social (and political) divide between Americans who live in urban centers and those in live in smaller towns or rural areas. And of course, same-sex marriage is now legal here, but it's a very recent development. And general social attitudes toward the LGBT community here have changed _significantly_ in the last 20-30 years or so, though there's still often a sharp divide between more urban and more rural areas on these types of issues.)

Dagobahsystem --in regards to one of your earlier posts--that's cool to hear about your own Swedish ancestry. I find that sort of thing very interesting. It's fascinating when you look into the stories of your immigrant family members and start learning about how one's own personal/family history intersects with history as a whole. (Like in my case, my grandfather came from a part of what used to be Germany but is now Poland...learning about what happened to the members of his family who stayed in Europe (my grandfather came to the US in the 1920s) was fascinating to me (the stories of their forced removal and wartime/immediate postwar experiences).

Gamiel, Chyntuck and Dagobahsystem like this.
  21. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Learning about one's own personal/family history and how it intersects with world history as a whole is indeed very edifying, Pensivia

For example, I always knew my paternal grandfather (Scotch-Irish ancestry) was a POW in WWII. He and his company were captured by the NAZIs in France and were transferred to Germany where he was treated in a most horrific fashion.

Based on some research my aunt conducted and which has been factually verified by the US government, I recently found out that my grandfather and all of the other US POW in that particular NAZI prisoner camp were only liberated 9 months after the fall of Berlin and the death of Hitler!

I was surprised to learn that those men, including my grandfather, had to continue to suffer for so long after the war in Europe was ostensibly "over."

It does often make one think...
    If my grandfather had been killed by the NAZIs, then I would have never been born!

22. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Just thought of another (very silly) question for Gamiel!

To what extent is the American-created "Swedish" character in the clip below known in Sweden?[face_laugh]

Chyntuck -do I get bonus points with you for this (somewhat loosely) food-related question?:p

23. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Several bonus points, as a matter of fact :p

Gamiel Two more questions:

1. When we hear about Swedish festivities of one sort or another in the news, we often see people wearing traditional costumes. Is wearing traditional costumes something that actually happens, or is that just a handful of people who are shown on international TV?

2. Can you tell us about the role of religion in public life in Sweden?

Dagobahsystem, Gamiel and Pensivia like this.
  24. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    Does Obi Anne know about this thread?

Chyntuck and Pensivia like this.
  25. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    <----- Poster from the most traditional region in Sweden Most stuff that people consider traditionally Swedish originated here for example:

The red paint for the houses (I'm looking out at the factory where it's still made right now)

the Dalahäst
    [​IMG]

Midsummer celebrations, with the whole Maypole thing

We still wear folk costumes here, I got mine at my confirmation I usually wear it for Midsummer, but I have worn it when I sang in the church choir one Christmas, and for white tie events. It's not totally uncommon to wear it for weddings (both as a guest and as bride/groom), Christening and funerals. In short every time that you want to feel well dressed.

This is me and my sister last Midsummer
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.