main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL International Volunteer Opportunities?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by jediAce90, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediAce90

jediAce90 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2004
    Hello there,
    I know that I've popped in a couple of times in hopes of rejoining the club, but I really would like to try and get involved in some way. But besides that, I had a question:
    Through the volunteer work you do here or through other experiences, does anyone know of any volunteer opportunities that could be considered as volunteering for international aid in some way? That sounds kind of confusing, but I'll explain a little more. I'm in an advanced academic program at my high school called the International Baccalaureate (IB) Program, and one of its requirements before graduation is the obtainment of 150 CAS hours. That's hours devoted to creative activities, action activities, and service activities. 10 of those hours must be what are considered international hours, meaning the hours are devoted to some sort of international organization, or volunteer work, or aid or something similar. If anyone knows of anything that might fall into the international category I would much appreciate it. Thank you all in advance.

MTFBWY!
    Adam

2. JaxAnakinSkywalker

JaxAnakinSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2006
    We do a lot of costumed events with different charities. It would probably be based on which charity we were doing an event with. There aren't any charities or types of events that we refuse to do thus far, even non-costumed ones. We may even be able to set something up with a particular one if we know of some event happening.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.