main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Internet access

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jinnetics, Jun 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jinnetics

Jinnetics Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 1999
    I'm looking for an alternative to ... well, let's just say it rhymes with "dAy O selL." Is NetZero any good? It's got an appealing price, but ... are there any other options that anyone out there can recommend?

2. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    net zero sucks. trust me.

you dont need all the garbage big companies try to push on you, like aol and msn and even netzero, though to a lesser degree. you dont have to install someones "special software" to get the internet. its just garbage so they can spy on you and advertise.

what kind of connection are you looking for?

dial-up? DSL? or cable?

i can refer you to a decent dial-up company in the valley, for about $15 to $20 a month...but it's dialup and if you go any slower you might start to go back in time... :p

Quest has DSL, for about 50$. you have to pay for the internet and the phone line, so thats why its pricey. eh, faster than dialup, but its still no comparison to...

IMO cox has pretty good cable internet service for about 40$ a month. if you have your own modem, which i suggest getting anyways. they run (decent ones) about 80$ to $100. cable it awesome. its the only way to fly if you use the net alot...

hope this helps a bit... :D

3. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    If you're looking to see what's available, check out this site

you can search by price, or zip or or or....

Just an idea.

CC

4. Jinnetics

Jinnetics Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 1999
    Thanks for the info! I had a bad feeling about NetZero, so I'm glad I asked.

I'm looking for dialup. I don't use it enough to take advantage of high-speed. Though I get a pretty decent speed out of my current provider......

5. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    you might want to check out getnet/inficad then. they are a local ISP, and not too expensive, at $17.95 a mo.
    decent service, and no BS like AOL or MSN...

6. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    stay away from getnet/inficad!!
    its the company my x wife used to run. when she was there all was good.. (sideshow interviewed there too) but now its under new owners and they are horrific!!

:)

but my x-wife offers dialup.. and pretty cheap with her new company (the one that hosts the pff site free)
    i cam PM you the add if you want!

7. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    :p

yea, they wanted me to do webdesign for them...but the last time i used them was a few years ago. didn't know about the current management issue...

so i retract my previous statement.
    get in contact with feldman's ex... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.