main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Internet Personality VS. Real Life Personality

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Larena_Jade, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    How do you act online? How do you act in person? Are you any different? And why?
    (again, gunna have to be a hypocrite and answer this one tomorrow, need to get to bed. lol)

2. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    I think I had a break through after I went to bed last night. Things aren't as they seem online. Hence this thread. In real life I am a very chill hippie who finds humor in just about anything, I also like to talk about important ideals and issues. I'm not so much the frolicking happygolucky nothing serious only funn and games person I am online. At least not my initial behavior, haha. I guess I figure, unless it's an interesting topic, if i want to be serious i'll just go back to real life. I like to delve into good conversation of course, but it should never get personal. So i dont know how to react when people take online chats to a personal level(perhaps getting offended). I never desire anything more than good fellowship around a fire with intensely moving or light conversation thrown into the pot! That's who I am online. And really, the same in person. I'm just very introverted in life and you dont see as much of my wild thoughts and fancies!

3. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    I think you've just described the vast majority of people in the world, Larena. I'd like to think that I am a bit different in real life, as opposed to online, but I would have to let others who know me weigh in on that.

It is true that there are times when I am really quiet and reserved, especially when I am around strangers. I only get in my element, or animated, when I am around those I am comfortable cutting loose around, or when I am really fired up about something - Saturday's Mercs meeting is a good example of that. When I get on a sopbox, it is kind of hard to shut me up. Most either tune me out or just let me rant (thank you, by the way).

At the core, I really live to serve and support others. I don't intentionally go out of my way to offend. Not really. But it is, as I have mentioned in another thread, a simple case of conflict of personalities. I learned a long time ago that I can't please everybody, so I don't even try anymore. On the flip side to that, I don't go out of my way to piss people off, either. If I do, it wasn't my intention. But I will always stand my ground if I know that what I am standing for is right.

I am very much an introvert. Don't let my online blatherings fool you. There is something to be said about hiding behind a computer screen and feeling empowered to speak up publicly, when one might not do so in the real world.

- Bill

4. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    I'll have to think about how I answer this one.... Oh wait, I'm am what I am. I speak my mind, but I'm mostly quite and like to take in everything. I have my opinions just as everyone else does. Humor has its place and so does being serious.

-Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.