[Internet] We're moving

Discussion in 'Communications' started by FateNaberrie, Jan 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. FateNaberrie Force Ghost

star 6
    Was anyone planning on introducing us to Astaran?
    Why doesn't he have any posts?
    Which admin position is he going to be taking over, or is he an addition to the admin team?
  2. Raven Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Who told? [face_thinking]

In any case, he's a brand new addition, brought down from on high (i.e. Wise sent him to us). He's going to be a "Forum Consultant". In case you're wondering, we don't really know what exactly a "Forum Consultant" does either.

Let the speculation begin!
  3. Dingo Force Ghost

star 5
    Who told?

I'm willing to bet it was this guy.

So I'm guessing that this person is supposed to be the pipeline between the JC staff and TFN Core staff? Was there any discussions with the Head Admin regarding setting up boundaries or was it literally dropped in everyone's lap? Cause I don't think I need to push too much to get people to remember what happened last time everything was assumed.
  4. MILK-HANDS Jedi Master

star 4
    In any case, he's a brand new addition, brought down from on high (i.e. Wise sent him to us). He's going to be a "Forum Consultant". In case you're wondering, we don't really know what exactly a "Forum Consultant" does either.

Forum Consultant. A dubious combination of words. Perhaps he will convey Mr. Wise's will to us, a la' the Mouth of Sauron?
  5. Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    A forum consultant who is (I suspect) unfamiliar with the forum in question? How does that work?
  6. milney Force Ghost

star 5
    I find it disturbing that in the newest 100 users list, there's several names ending with 'moderator' and several plays on current moderators names.
  7. zacparis VIP

star 7
    A forum consultant who is (I suspect) unfamiliar with the forum in question? How does that work?

Your guess is as good as ours.
  8. FamousAmos VIP

star 6

Hehe, well, I guess we'll all be finding out pretty soon.
  9. Dingo Force Ghost

star 5
    I find it disturbing that in the newest 100 users list, there's several names ending with 'moderator' and several plays on current moderators names.

Do a user search using 'Chyren' and various wildcard combinations, and you will be astounded as to the pathetic-ness that is rampant across the internet.
  10. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    I like the Mouth of Sauron theory, 'cept to be the Mouth of Sauron he would actually have to say something.
  11. YodaJeff Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Yay for bureaucracy!
  12. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    I think he's going to PM Sape with his intentions (well, after he's made 20 posts - hoho).

But yeah, we're in the dark just as much as you are.
  13. zacparis VIP

star 7
    From the looks of it, he's just here to look at some of the board features.

But hey, if everyone wants to get hysterical, by all means go ahead. :p
  14. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I think he's going to PM Sape with his intentions (well, after he's made 20 posts - hoho).

hahahahahahaha.

Yay!

Well this is rather interesting. But we'll see. Be patient and all that crap. Blah blah blah.

Even if they do change the look of the boards, it's not the end of the world. There will still be the same people here, the same discussions.
  15. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Getting back to all the new usernames, It's very odd to have so many play on names and also "moderator" in their username. I thought nobody's allowed to have anything like that in their name.

Anyways about this forum consultant, sounds like interesting news? I'm stumped on this one as well unfortunately.
  16. CitizenKane Jedi Knight

star 3
    If I change my name to something star-trek-ish, do I get to be a Forum Consutant?
  17. Sara_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 7
    Even if they do change the look of the boards, it's not the end of the world. There will still be the same people here, the same discussions.

They still might be doing that anyway?
  18. Darth_Snowbanned Jedi Youngling

I am proud to accept this new title.
  19. zacparis VIP

star 7
    They still might be doing that anyway?

No one has suggested this, it's pure speculation.
  20. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    How foolish, Wise knows this is a message board and not a fortune 500 company, right?

-Seldon
  21. AnthonyMorrow Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I hope i dont get banned.
  22. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    I thought nobody's allowed to have anything like that in their name.

And you'd be correct. What we can see, that you can't, is that all of those usernames are already banned.
  23. BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus

star 6
    [image=http://lotr.darthscreencapture.com/ROTK/D/33/image/the_mouth_of_sauron_8.jpg]

My master bids thee welcome...
  24. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Oh my god, a Wise reinforcement. Why the hell can't this guy simply let it go?

I don't like the sound of "Forum Consultant".
  25. AmazingB Manager Emeritus

star 7
    *Advisory Council joke*

Amazing.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.