main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Internuncio.........Obi and Qui become subjects of a political message AUTHOR NOTE 7/8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Durhelediel, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediGaeliaWindstar

JediGaeliaWindstar Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    Oooo it sounds like its a psycological poision to me. :) Perhaps it can be beaten with a "mind over matter" sort of thing?

And that doctor is definately needing a can of whoop arse!

2. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    WOW at all the posts! Let's see if I can remember them all off the top of my head... Um, nope, I had to write them down, lol.

Kestrel- Of course you do, you're supposed to, heehee.

LilQui-Gon- I love that little scene myself. I'm so happy just about all of you enjoyed it, too. :}

Layren- Knew you'd like that [face_devil]

Star- ::groans at cliche:: Bad Star! ECCF! [:D]

Kaym- Of course! I try not to keep my readers waiting too long.

Kylie- heehee NIce to see so many liking Qui in this fic...

micky-nikki- Welcome! I'm glad you liked that little scene of mine. I do what I can to show thier relationship in all its forms.

kenobiwanobi- This soon enough for you? lol

Daniera_Kenobi- Welcome! And getting you hooked is my goal- glad to know that it's working, heehee.

Ani- I knew you'd like that line, lol.

Bastet- Yes and he's about to discover it even more...

Lady_Snow- Welcome back! Wow, thanks for the compliment! :D

Darksaber- More sickness to come to whet your whistle :}

Arwen- We'll see, but don't bet too heavily on it, haha!

Fluff-Slayer- Welcome back! I wondered where you had gotten off to, heehee. And thank you very much for the compliment on characterization! Sometimes I find Qui harder to write than Obi, though my old Master helped train me on that.

Padawan- You'll just have to wait and see, won't you? ;)

That everyone? ::glances around:: Alright, now to the new chapter...

3. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter Five

On the monitor before the two doctors were the small forms of the Jedi they had captured and infected. Another full day had passed since Qui-Gon Jinn's threat to Doctor Sinclaer and the two Jedi were definitely starting to look a little worse for the wear. Despite all the fighting and raving, the Master and Padawan were beginning to enter into the full effects of the viruses. Soon, the plan that had been placed upon the doctors would be taken to Coruscant and the rest of the Jedi.

But Doctor Jenkanes was not happy at the turn of events, though he was not sure why. With narrowed eyes he watched the younger Jedi reach out blindly for his master who was only a few inches in front of him. Obi-Wan Kenobi's eyesight had begun to deteriorate rapidly now and hardly had a moment where he had clear vision. Again, the doctor should feel elated at the success of the plan, and he did not.

"Hm, watch the older Jedi," Doctor Sinclaer instructed him in a dispassionate voice.

Obediently, Jenkanes turned his attention toward the tall Jedi. Jinn seemed to be having difficulty moving his arms beyond an inch in either direction. Frustration evident on the Jedi Master's face, Jinn then tried to stand up. Suddenly his eyes widened and he fell back onto the cot, hard. His eyes squeezed shut and even from where Jenkanes watched he could see sweat pop out on his brow. The Jedi clenched at his abdomen.

"It seems the cysts have begun to form. Very good. I was beginning to wonder," Jenkanes' supervisor remarked mildly. "Our employers will be very pleased to know that we are back on schedule."

The younger man turned to Doctor Sinclaer. "Were they terribly angry when you told them the Jedi hadn't shown any signs of the illnesses a few days ago?"

Doctor Sinclaer shot him a bemused look and commented, "Let's just say I'd rather step into that room and face Jinn and his lightsaber again before I go near our employers with disappointing news in the future."

Jenkanes whistled sharply. The members of the corporation who funded the doctors tended to get cranky fairly easy, but so far Jenkanes had not had to face them with news they did not want to hear.

After a few more moments where Jenkanes battled his conscience as he gazed at the two innocent Jedi suffering in the small cell they were placed in, Doctor Sinclaer stood up. "It's time we took blood samples again. We need to see if they can be placed on a transport for Coruscant tomorrow. Come with me."

~~~~~

Qui-Gon felt as if he had small, painful pebbles placed inside his stomach. Gently massaging the knots in his muscles seemed to help somewhat, but whenever his sore arm would stop the discomfort would return in full force. There wasn't a muscle in his body that did not hurt in some way, form, or fashion. The joints in his elbows nearly refused to bend, his leg muscles cramped up frequently and so he could not walk, and now his abdomen had developed strange bumps that hurt like a miniature knife puncturing his insides every time he tried to move. Reluctantly he admitted that it would not be too much longer and he would not be able to stop the doctors from doing whatever they wished with him, regardless of what he wanted to do.

"Obi-Wan?" he gasped. He turned his aching neck to gaze at his padawan.

Obi-Wan was still, not moving, not speaking, fat tears sliding slowly down his cheeks. He gazed blankly at the wall above Qui-Gon's head and seemed more dejected than Qui-Gon had ever seen him.

"Padawan?"

Obi-Wan swallowed and reached out a trembling hand to fumble around for him, as if he could not see him or sense his location in the tiny room. "Yes?Master?"

Qui-Gon shoved the majority of his own pain to the back of his mind as he focused on his upset padawan. "What is it? Is the blindness complete?"

"Yes?" came the answer. "?in a sense."

The Jedi Master frowned. Now what did that mean?

"Can you see?"

Rapidly, Obi-Wan blinked and squinted directly at him. "Barely."

Somehow, he didn't th

4. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Qui-Gon glared at him. "Not all Jedi are on the light side of the Force. Some start out that way, and something turns them to the dark side. Until now I never understood how that could be, but keep pushing me and we'll both find out."

Go Qui-Gon, go Qui-gon! *notices odd looks* What? [face_batting] Well, I am a Sith, you must expect me to be happy about a statement like that. :D

"What?" Obi-Wan said innocently as he lay down. "I wasn't mad; I was bluffing."

Qui-Gon made a mental note to stop teaching him bad habits.

Bad habits indeed, lol. :D

Wonderful update! [:D]

Ani-maniac

5. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    I must agree with the postie before me on my favorite parts. "Bad habits"[face_laugh]

And yes this post came at a perfect moment.

Amazing job~=D=

6. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    He's losing his connection to the Force? Oh no! :_|

Lol! Lovely depiction of the two...you write them brilliantly..

-DS

7. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

As soon as both doctors were out of their cell, Qui-Gon's lightsaber dropped. Qui-Gon barely had enough time to reach out with the Force to turn the switch off before it hit the floor. He quickly called it back to his hand, and then lifted an eyebrow at his padawan.

Like Master, like padawan :p Qui-Gon, you really should know better :p

8. Black_Scout

Black_Scout Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
    Great story, I'm really getting hooked :D

I really like the touches of humour that are in there as well, especially this bit;

9. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Oh goody more! :D

Fab update...loved it all esp. the last few lines! :)

More soon please!

10. MASTER_KAYM

MASTER_KAYM Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    Ok, I won't do a comment on the bad habits since everybody else already has... Wonderful job :D I really loved this chapter, and the part were Obi said he had lost his connection with the Force, I could imagine him so much. It was really well described! Bravo! =D=

11. Fluff-Slayer

Fluff-Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2005
    So...wait. Are those nasty doctors planning to send infected corpses back to the Temple? Is that their plan? :eek: Eww...no!!!

*Is enjoying the creepy feeling very much, and would like to make note of this, even if complete sentences are too much of a hassle*

Banter. [face_laugh]

Well done, Obi-Wan. It took me a minute to figure out just who was flinging the 'saber, but once I did...funny.

Yaaaaaayyyyyy, Durhelediel! Great post!

12. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    LOL at the end bit there, just like everyone has been saying but it had to be said again!

More soon!!

13. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Great update! :D

So that Doctor Jenkanes is feeling a little guilty about what they're doing, eh? Well, unless he does something soon to help the Jedi, I hope his conscious torments him forever! :mad:

And when is Doctor Sinclear going to learn not to mess with Jedi? :rolleyes:

And ouch, Qui and Obi are in a bad way now, aren't they? I dread to think of how much worse it can get for them. [face_worried]

And that last bit was funny! [face_laugh]

Thanks for updating so quickly, I'm really enjoying this story! :D

14. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    The lightsaber on Qui-Gon's belt suddenly twisted into the air by invisible hands and shot toward Sinclaer. The doctor shrieked, but knew that doom approached him and he would not be fast enough to escape it. Right when it seemed as if the blade would cut him in two, it stopped, hovering and straining against an unseen barrier. The green blade of light was merely an inch from Sinclaer's mid-section.

[face_frustrated] Just when he was about to get the point, too!

Sinclaer, it would have been very nice to see you on the receiving end for once! [face_shame_on_you]

[face_thinking] But, if Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan "turned", maybe the Order would be safe!

After a few more moments where Jenkanes battled his conscience as he gazed at the two innocent Jedi suffering in the small cell they were placed in...

Maybe Jenkanes conscience will eventually prod him to help Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon! [face_idea]

Great post, D! =D=

You have us all wondering how they are going to survive this one! :D

Thanks for the PM! [face_batting]

ECFF! [:D]

Star

15. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Ani- I like to show that even great Jedi have strong emotions and attachments, even with all their "training" to the contrary. I mean, they are still human and will still feel those emotions...you can't just turn those off.

kenobiwanobi- Good! And thank you!

Darksaber- Why, tyvm! I sometimes wonder at characterization, but as we know readers are never wrong... ;)

Layren- Of course, but we know that won't stop him, lol.

Black_Scout- Welcome to the fishing pier, lol! I think everyone liked that little exchange, but since that was intended I am very pleased. :}

Kestrel- Thank you thank you! :D

Kaym- ::inclines head:: Thank you for the compliment! And we'll see more of that developing later.

Fluff- Yay, someone admitted to not knowing exactly who had control over the lightsaber at first! That, my friend, was my intention. I wanted everyone to go 'Wait, is Qui doing that???' and then BOOM! It's Obi! lol

Arwen- lol And as I've been saying to everyone else, thank you! Truly! I really wanted everyone to enjoy those lines.

Bastet- ::bows:: I try to please my readers by frequent posting. I even have one (who will be nameless) that keeps messaging me on YIM to ask me to post more! lol I am highly enjoying this...I live for all of ya'lls responses as much as ya'll live for an update. :} And Doctor Sinclaer is a know-it-all and thinks a Jedi in the light could never harm him. Silly, silly man.

Star- But, if Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan "turned", maybe the Order would be safe!

Hm, maybe they won't 'turn', but they might get another idea to keep the Jedi safe, but you'll have to read the next chapter to see what it is... [face_devil] ECFF!

16. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter Six

Around day four of having the strange virus injected into his body, Qui-Gon passed out on the cot from the pain of his muscles. When next he woke, he was staring at an unfamiliar ceiling and could hear a steady thrumming of engines. Glancing over quickly, he noticed he was in a single-passenger cabin and that his padawan was not with him.

He was on a ship bound for Coruscant and the unsuspecting Jedi.

Qui-Gon tried to stand up but his legs immediately sent shooting pains of fire through him when he placed his weight on them. With a gasp, he fell back on the cot for a moment, gathering his thoughts together to approach his problem of movement. He had to stop this ship and turn it around?that was obvious. But how could he do that if he could not even stand up?

The Jedi Master closed his eyes and calmly called on the Force. Focusing his mind on where the majority of the pain seemed to radiate from, he established mental barriers to prevent himself from feeling the discomfort that threatened to keep him down. Once he was sure he had a firm grip on his legs, he stood again.

This time, although his legs moved without too much of a protest, his abdomen clenched tightly and knotted. The intensity of it caught him unaware and he stumbled against the wall. Focusing again, he tried to locate the pain to duplicate his maneuvers with his legs, but to do that on his stomach would take away from his legs. He would have to wait it out before moving to the cockpit.

Leaning against the cold of the bulkhead wall, Qui-Gon waited for an opportunity to stop his friends from being killed.

~~~~~

Over a half hour later, Qui-Gon finally stumbled into the cockpit of the transport that he and Obi-Wan had been placed in. He dropped into the co-pilot's chair, breathing in great, heavy gasps as he tried to place the radiating pain in the back of his mind?walking to the cockpit had almost been too much for him to handle.

Finally, the tall Jedi turned to the occupant in the pilot's seat. "How long have you been up here?" He could see quite clearly the looming view of Coruscant rapidly filling the viewscreen in front of him.

Obi-Wan smiled ruefully and gestured around him. "Quite awhile, actually. I've tried to reprogram the ship to turn us around or to at least turn off the emergency beacon that's aimed at the Temple, but it's been wired by someone with extensive knowledge of these transport ships. Nothing I can do will change what is hardwired into the ship's brain. I'm afraid we're quite stuck where those doctors wanted us to be: on our way to Coruscant and the Temple."

"Can we at least seal the doors shut? Keep the Jedi from entering?" Qui-Gon wondered.

His padawan shook his head. "I've tried that, too. Even if I did manage to successfully seal the door, how long do you think the Jedi are going to stay away from a ship that landed at the Temple with all emergency beacons going off? You know as well as I do how easily our lightsabers can cut into these bulkheads. They would not stay out for long."

Qui-Gon banged his fist on the console in frustration. There had to be a way to save the Jedi from whatever it was they had! He would not be someone's pawn, someone's internuncio!

"Master," came a quiet voice from beside him.

He sighed, releasing his anger and frustration into the Force, and glanced up. "Yes, Padawan?"

Obi-Wan was frowning, his expression as if he could not quite believe that something was happening to him. Shakily, he stood and promptly swayed, catching himself on the back of the pilot's chair. "Master, I think whatever they gave me centers around my vision."

"Yes, I knew that, Obi?"

The younger man cut him off quickly, his words rushing together as if he were racing against something. "I'm losing control of my sight. At first it was just colors, spots, double-vision, but now I'm starting to see things that aren't even there. Fears brought to life. I can't sleep because then I fear I will not wake again."

"Obi-Wan, you're just

17. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    Bad habits..thanks for the humor..

and oh..I KNEW the minute Obi-wan said "we could" that there was a blow up thing..eep!

18. MASTER_KAYM

MASTER_KAYM Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    Akkk! No! Not destroy de ship!! :eek: Send a warning through the Force, try to reach Yoda, I don't know, but don't destroy the ship! :(

Real good chapter :) More soon!

19. Terra_Wan_Kenobi

Terra_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2005
    this is a very good story... "Bad habits" that made me laugh... [face_praying] but Please DON'T destroy the ship [face_praying] ... The idea of losing Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon mades me feel terribly sad :_|

20. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    NO!!!! No blowing up of the ship!!! There's got to be another way out of something, don't have them blow themselves up!!

*faints*

21. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    NOOOOOO!Not my Obi and Qui-Gon! No you mustn't kill them both!

But I will satnd by in whatever you chose as a die-hard fan. :)

22. Black_Scout

Black_Scout Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
    Sacrificing themselves to save everyone else; I could never do selfless.

So will they die [face_thinking] ? Or will there be some plot twist that I cannot possibly concieve and will have wait for?

Great post :D

23. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Somehow Qui, I think the good Doctor has probably already thought of that if he knows anything about you at all.

Great chapter :)

24. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Finally, the tall Jedi turned to the occupant in the pilot's seat. "How long have you been up here?" He could see quite clearly the looming view of Coruscant rapidly filling the viewscreen in front of him.

They are already very close to Coruscant...[face_thinking]

"Master?there is a solution to this. There is a way to save the Jedi."

Qui-Gon felt his heart sink as his own mind formed the solution at the same time Obi-Wan said, "We could self-destruct the ship."

Gulp! [face_worried]

But, are they too close to Coruscant already? Would they spread the viruses to all of the planet in the debris? [face_worried]

You certainly have gotten them into a terrible fix, D! o_O

What are you going to do about it? I know, I'll just have to wait to find out, like everyone else... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the PM! [face_batting]

ECFF! [:D]

Star

25. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Nooooo!!! :eek:

Don't blow up the ship, waaahhhh!! :_| I'll cry forever if they die!

But it's just like our two fave Jedi to be so selfless like that, isn't it? :_| I hope they can come up with another plan. Or, maybe, like some others have said, the self-destruct won't work either. Ugh, there's no good way out of this, is there? [face_worried]

More soon? [face_batting]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.