main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Internuncio.........Obi and Qui become subjects of a political message AUTHOR NOTE 7/8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Durhelediel, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    [face_worried] What an evil cliffie!

I'm so enjoying this story... :D

2. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Qui-Gon felt his heart sink as his own mind formed the solution at the same time Obi-Wan said, "We could self-destruct the ship."

:D :D :D

I can't wait to find out what happens!

Great update! [:D]

Ani-maniac

3. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    Very enjoyable and original.

Do you do PMs? If so, please add me to the list.

4. Daniera_Kenobi

Daniera_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2005
    Oh no! Please don't kill Qui and Obi! [face_praying] There's got to be a way to save them! And those two 'well-paid monsters' must be brought to justice! :mad:

As always, great post! Update soon!

=D= =D= [:D]

5. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    Hey guys, I just got a full-time job so I'll be around but if posts slow up I apologize in advance for that. I work with troubled youth and I might be able to snatch bits here and there to write, but we have no internet connection at work so it's anyone's guess when I can update. I'll try to jump on, just for you lovely readers, and post the chapters, even if I'm exhausted and drooping, but don't be surprised if I have a mistake somewhere, lol. May the Force be with you all!

Lady_Snow- lol Am I becoming that predictable? Shame on me...

Kaym- They'll send a few warnings but will it work? And thank you!

Terra_Wan_Kenobi- Welcome! Hm, you'll see [face_devil]

Arwen- ::fans with hand:: Wake up, wake up! How will you know what happens if you aren't aware to read, lol!

ken- Aw! Wow! What a terribly nice thing to say! [face_blush] I think you're the first self-proclaimed "die-hard" fan I have, heehee. :}

Black_Scout- Of course there's a plot twist, geez! :rolleyes: lol!

Layren- SH!!! Don't spoil it! Get outta my head! lmbo

Star- lol Well, I was busy and had everyone wait a little longer than I planned on. Not done on purpose, but I think it worked out nicely just the same, lol.

Bastet- Of course they're selfless. This soon enough for an update? Sorry it took so long, as I said in the top note, I began a new job.

Kestrel- heehee I'm infamous for my evil cliffies. But since I tortured you so badly on this past chapter, I made sure not to be too evil on this new one.

Ani- I know you can't, lol.

Ara-gon- Welcome, and sure do! I do so like to be original. :} Try reading my Adrift- the villain is an actual planet, lol.

Daniera- They will...eventually! lol

6. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    AUTHOR NOTE: Jedi Master Kyran Josel belongs to Layren. If you wish to borrow him, please ask her. Thank you.

Chapter Seven

"This isn't happening," Qui-Gon muttered to himself as he sat propped against the co-pilot's seat on the floor of the cockpit. Wires from the console dangled teasingly in front of him, all of them useless and detached from the ship's brain.

Obi-Wan pointed out the window. "I think we're nearly at the Temple, Master. I can feel the massed Jedi and their concern. We're going to have quite an audience, I fear."

Once again, Qui-Gon turned his attention to the rebellious wires. Those doctors had thought of everything, it seemed, that would keep their plan from working. Every single wire that would carry an auto-destruct command to the ship was detached or melted, useless, mocking. They couldn't even save the Jedi by taking the ship apart.

He sighed. "There's no hope for it." He levered himself into the vacant seat. "We can hear them, but they can't hear us; we can't self-destruct the ship; and the only other person I have a strong bond with that could hear me is?" Suddenly his eyes widened and he wanted to slap himself for his stupidity.

"Master?"

"Hold on a moment, Obi-Wan," he murmured, already sinking into himself to search for his best friend, Jedi Master Kyran Josel. If Kyran was on Coruscant, then perhaps he could tell the Jedi to leave them alone.

//Kyran? Can you hear me?//

It took a moment. He could feel that his friend was very busy and had to quit whatever it was that he was doing to focus on him. As Qui-Gon waited, he nervously watched the Jedi Temple's hanger bay grow larger.

Finally, Kyran's reassuring mental voice came back to him. //Qui-Gon? Where have you been? The Jedi Council sent out Master-Padawan teams two days ago to look for you and Obi-Wan. Are you okay? What happened?//

Maybe some luck at last, depending on how many Jedi the Council had sent out. Perhaps a large amount of the Jedi populace would escape the viruses that they had been given.

//It's a long story and I don't have time for it right now,// he said a little crossly, narrowing his eyes at the ship around him as it began it's landing procedures without their help. //Are you in the Temple?//

//Yes, of course. I returned just a few hours ago?//

//Listen,// Qui-Gon cut him off. //You have to clear the hanger bay before the Jedi break into the ship we're on. Only allow Master Healer Han'yaie to come near us, and only once he's protected from contagious illness. We're landing now. You must hurry!//

By the shifting of Kyran's thoughts, Qui-Gon could perceive that his friend was rushing down corridors of the Temple. //Qui, I'm all the way in the sparring chambers. I don't know if I can get there in time. Why didn't you contact me sooner?//

//I'll explain later,// Qui-Gon responded sourly.

Kyran gave a short mental laugh. //Getting old and forgetting things, huh, Qui?//

//Do you really want to start the 'old' discussion, old friend?//

"Master! They're cutting through!" came Obi-Wan's panicked voice. "Can't you hear the lightsabers?"

//You're running out of time, and so will everyone else who breaks into this ship unprotected,// Qui-Gon warned his lifetime friend. //We'll do what we can to halt the Jedi?you get over here.//

Qui-Gon broke off the contact, and then groaned in pain as another muscle cramped up so tightly in his stomach that it doubled him over. In the short amount of time it took them to discover the self-destruct had been disconnected in every possible way, Qui-Gon's illness had rapidly progressed to the point where he could barely move at all.

"Padawan," he gritted out through clenched teeth. "We must focus and join ourselves together to send the Jedi outside a sense of danger so profound that they will stop what they're doing long enough for Kyran to get here. Hurry!"

Pushing aside his sharp pains as much as he could, Qui-Gon focused into the Force and imme

7. MASTER_KAYM

MASTER_KAYM Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    :_|:_|:_|

Poor Obi and Qui!! I hope they're gonna be ok now that they are in the Temple.

At least they didn't contaminate everybody on Coruscant! That's good.

But ouch! It seems to hurt! :(

Please post soon! I really love this story! :D

(What??? 3h30am! I'm going to bed! 1, 2, 3: zzzzzzzzzzz I-) )

8. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    Ack I did have a lot of catching up to do! [face_blush]
    But wow, what a wave of angst just waiting to be dumped on me! *bites fingernails*
    But oh [face_crying] come one guys! Don't die now!

Can't wait to see what happens next!

9. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Yay! At least the bond prevented mass contamination :D Hah! So there, Dr. Bet you didn't know about that!

10. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    Very nice. I especially liked this sentence: "Qui-Gon was curled up beside his padawan, his fist clenched in mute testimony to a terrible pain." Body language is often more expressive than anything a person can say and often harder to convey in writing. Good job!

Why do I have a feeling that things are just now about to get really bad? [face_worried]

Thanks for the PM, and best wishes with the full-time position.

11. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Oww, poor Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan! :(

I'm so glad they were able to prevent everyone in the Temple from getting infected. Thank goodness for Qui's bond with Kyran.

Now I hope Han'yaie can figure out a way to cure them, and soon! [face_praying]

Congrats on your full-time job, Durhelediel! I'll be patient waiting for more. :D

12. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Once again, Qui-Gon turned his attention to the rebellious wires. Those doctors had thought of everything, it seemed, that would keep their plan from working. Every single wire that would carry an auto-destruct command to the ship was detached or melted, useless, mocking. They couldn't even save the Jedi by taking the ship apart.

[face_thinking] At least if they couldn't destroy the ship, there is a little hope that they might survive this...

//Qui-Gon, we're coming to bring you to the Ward,// Kyran told his friend as the two of them approached the ship. //Let down the ramp and let us in.//

When Qui-Gon's response came, it was filled with so much pain and suffering that Kyran gasped and nearly fell to his knees. Dimly, he felt Han'yaie catch him and hold him up.

//I?can't move?Hurry, Kyran?//

Or, maybe not? It doesn't sound very hopeful for either of them! [face_worried]

Congratulations on your jobs! [:D]

Please update when Darth RL permits! [face_mischief]

Thanks for the PM! [face_batting]

ECFF! [:D]

Star

13. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    :D They're going to be okay now right? Wow what a cliff....wonderful job!

14. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Wow - [face_worried] I was reading that from behind the sofa! You're doing such a fantastic job with this story. So much tension - I can hardly stand it!

I can't wait for the next update. You write Qui and Obi wonderfully.

=D=

15. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Yay! I knew you'd find a solution!

Poor Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan...Think, Han'yaie, think!
    Save our favourite Master/Padawan team!

=D= Again, you've got me hooked, Durhelediel...More soon!

16. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    *phew* At least they didn't contaminate everyone! But oooh no I hope that they can be cured!!! More soon!

17. masterobiwankenobi

masterobiwankenobi Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003
    finally got caught up, :) i'm glad that obi and qui didn't contaminate the temple, but you better not kill obi. [face_praying] great story, can't wait to read more.

Peggy 8-}

18. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    Heh..what did they do this time, he asks...those two.

EEP! Qui-Obi mush, Angst, and Kyran being rude! GREAT update!

19. KylieKenobi

KylieKenobi Jedi Master star 1

Sep 25, 2005
    :_| oh this is sad :_| :_| :_| :_|

* cries her heart out*

please dont let Obi die! NOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am glad that he didnt contaminate the temple though!

20. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Kaym- Yep, the "big plan" was foiled due to good ol' Jedi know-how!

Stella- They're hanging in there- let's just hope Kyran can get answers in time.

Layren- ::dies laughing:: Oh, I love that nickname! That's too good! [face_laugh]

Ara-gon- Wow, thank you for the compliment! I try to pay attention to every detail, though sometimes I wonder if I succeed so well.

Bastet- Thanks for being patient! Sorry it took so long. There's not much action in this next chap, but there should be plenty of story-building suspense!

Star- Darth RL finally allowed me time and enough sleep to post, lol. :}

ken- Thanks! Hope you enjoy this next one.

Kestrel- lol I can just picture you huddled behind a couch! Glad you're enjoying this as much as I'm writing it! And thank you!

Darksaber- You didn't really think I'd kill them so soon, did you? ::thinks back to Adrift:: hm, scratch that...

Arwen- We'll see, won't we? [face_devil]

Peggy- Welcome back! So nice to have you back! I know you're busy so I hope you can keep up with all you have to do.

Lady_Snow- lol! Great, wow! Thanks!

Kylie- We'll see...

Sorry about the long delay, guys- between work, getting my book published, and starting a new epic fic, I've gotten an update up as soon as I could!

21. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter Eight

"That's an incredible story," Master Healer Han'yaie murmured after Qui-Gon finished telling him and Kyran about his imprisonment. "And you have no idea what they gave you?"

On the other side of the forcefield in the small medical room, Qui-Gon shook his head, and then winced at the pain the movement gave him. "Obi-Wan and I have discovered only that they were different colors, felt differently when given to us, and that we have different symptoms."

Kyran was pacing right at the edge of the protective field that kept whatever illnesses Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan had at bay. His brow was furrowed in thought and his green eyes were narrowed. While Han'yaie knew Kyran to be a worse prankster than Qui-Gon, he also recognized the intelligence that the younger man tried to hide behind jokes and laughter. Now, all traces of frivolity were gone from Kyran's expression and he seemed somehow older when he finally halted his movements and tapped a finger to his chin.

"You said you were separated and brought into different rooms, yet each room had animals in them, correct?"

Obi-Wan, finally conscious though still blinded by his sickness, nodded. "Yes, Master Josel. The animals in my room seemed to be butting their heads against the cages. Some shook their heads as if they were having trouble seeing and a third?well, I'm hoping it was just unconscious, but now I'm not sure."

"And your animals?" Kyran rounded on his closest friend.

Qui-Gon thought a moment, and he picked up on what Kyran was aiming toward. He answered Kyran with a question of his own. "So you think those animals had been experimented on before we were brought there? You think that the animals will give us the stages of our viruses?"

Kyran's eyes glittered as he nodded. "It has to be! Why else have those poor animals in those specific rooms?"

"Hm," Han'yaie jumped in. "The animals in Obi-Wan's room acted like they could not see because they simply could not see. And the animals in Qui-Gon's room were experiencing trouble with their muscles. Kyran, we need to go back to the installation Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were held at. Only there will we find the answers we need to save our friends and to make sure no one else is affected."

Kyran shook his head. "No, you need to stay here in case Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan need you. You're the best Healer we have; if anyone can help ease their suffering, you can."

"You can't go alone," Qui-Gon protested, every instinct in him yearning to join his friend but knowing that he would not be able to take two steps without collapsing. His muscles had nearly locked completely up, paralyzing him. He was quite literally stuck where he was.

"I'm not planning on going alone, Qui," Kyran assured him with a broad gesture of his hand. "I'll take a few dozen Jedi with me and if we happen to find those doctors of yours, one or two of them just might accidentally run into a lightsaber."

"Vengeance is of?"

Kyran shot Han'yaie an irritated look that silenced the older man. "I'm not out for vengeance?I'm out for justice. This is an attack aimed at the Jedi?"

"Paid for by someone else," Qui-Gon mildly reminded him. "We need the doctors alive to try to find out who's done this and why. I don't entirely believe the lame excuse that they are simply 'tired of Jedi sticking their noses into their business'. I don't know anyone who has this much money to blow on making sure the Jedi are taught 'a lesson'." He suddenly paused, thoughtful. Did he in fact know someone rich enough to do something like this? Why did he have the sneaky feeling that he did?

"Qui-Gon?"

The tall Jedi waved off his friend's concern. "It was just a thought that wasn't forming, that's all. I?m all right, Ky."

Kyran regarded him seriously. "No," he responded quietly, "no, you aren't. And neither is Obi-Wan. But don't worry?I'm not coming back from this mission until I have some answers."

~~~~~

Nearly two days later, Kyran Josel and a team of two other Jedi Masters readju

22. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Oh dear...I had a feeling that they expected the Jedi to come after them. I agree with Qui-Gon, whoever planned this has a bigger reason than simply being tired of the Jedi intrfearing with them.

:D :D :D

I can't wait to find out what happens next!

Ani-maniac

23. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    I hope the force is with Master Yoda.... [face_praying]

24. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    WONDERFUL JOB!!!!!!!!

More please :)

25. MASTER_KAYM

MASTER_KAYM Jedi Youngling star 1