main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Internuncio.........Obi and Qui become subjects of a political message AUTHOR NOTE 7/8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Durhelediel, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Oooh an update! Dear me, suppose I should've expected the good dr. to have anticpated Jedi coming after them .. [face_thinking] Wonder where you're going next with this...

2. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    Most of the animals are dead already?! Eeep! That's one fast virus.

Think, Qui-Gon--think!

3. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    "Paid for by someone else," Qui-Gon mildly reminded him. "We need the doctors alive to try to find out who's done this and why. I don't entirely believe the lame excuse that they are simply 'tired of Jedi sticking their noses into their business'. I don't know anyone who has this much money to blow on making sure the Jedi are taught 'a lesson'." He suddenly paused, thoughtful. Did he in fact know someone rich enough to do something like this? Why did he have the sneaky feeling that he did?

Because he probably does! ;)

You can do it, Qui-Gon! Concentrate! Use the Force to remember who it is, then send the Jedi after him! [face_mischief]

Will those poor animals provide the answers they need to save Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan? [face_worried]

Update when you can, please! [face_batting]

Thanks for the PM! :D

ECFF! [:D]

Star

4. masterobiwankenobi

masterobiwankenobi Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003
    [face_worried] uh oh, i have a very bad feeling about this. i hope yoda had more luck. [face_praying] can't wait to read more. thanks for the pm. :)

Peggy 8-}

5. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005

eep...hurry up you two!
    and I have a sinking feeling about whos paying who....*ignites saber and marches off to Telos*[face_skull]

6. Terra_Wan_Kenobi

Terra_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2005
    Some of the animals are dead??? I got a very bad feeling about this... Who is behind this??? *begins to think about who could have done that*

7. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Well at least some of the animals are alive. At least there's somethiing to potentially go on...I hope.

And Qui may have an idea? Come on Qui! Think up something!

8. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    Ani- Well, it took awhile, but wait no longer, heehee

Darksaber- We'll find out eventually, but for now we need to touch base with our favorite Jedi team...

ken- Thank you! Here ya go...

Kaym- Sorry it wasn't 'soon', but it is finally here.

Layren- Wonder no more, dear friend. I know how much you like to wake up and find an update. :}

Ara-gon- Yep, really fast, as you're about to see.

Star- The animals might, but will it be in time? [face_devil] ECFF!

Peggy- Yoda might, but you'll have to wait a little more to find out for sure.

Lady_Snow- Alright now, get outta my head, lol.

Terra- hm, you'll see soon who is sadistic enough to do this.

Arwen- Qui comes through, but is he fast enough?

Don't say I never gave my loyal, faithful readers a Valentine's Day present! lol
    @};-

9. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter Nine

Qui-Gon was in constant pain. He now knew very intimately where every muscle in his body rested and how much they protested whenever he tried to break the paralysis that had gripped him. It seemed that he was quite literally stuck in a laying position. He had fallen asleep the day Kyran had left for Hunadar, and when he awoke he found that he could no longer so much as twitch a finger. For a Jedi who appreciated freedom of movement, this illness was becoming the worse sort of torture.

Obi-Wan, however, was faring far worse. It so far seemed as if Qui-Gon's virus would do little more than keep him forever bound to a bed, but Obi-Wan's disease was much more serious. Right now, Qui-Gon's padawan had his brow furrowed in deep concentration, trying to lift the small river stone that Qui-Gon had given him for his thirteenth birthday into the air using the Force. He ordinarily could do so with little effort?but now the stone did not so much as twitch.

Qui-Gon watched Obi-Wan with both his eyes and his Force senses. While he plainly saw his padawan in front of him, he did not sense him through the Force. It seemed Obi-Wan's side effect had taken permanent hold as well. For a Jedi to suddenly lose the use of something he relied so unconsciously on was disconcerting to say the least. Obi-Wan was having a very hard time adjusting to the fact that he could no longer use the Force at all.

Finally, Obi-Wan gave a great cry of anger, picked up the stone, and threw it across the room. Qui-Gon neatly caught the flying object with a mental hand, knowing that Obi-Wan would hate himself for breaking it, and watched as the young man's eyes filled with tears of frustration.

"Anger leads to the dark side," the Jedi Master quietly reminded his pupil.

Obi-Wan flopped back onto his bed, staring at the ceiling with unseeing eyes. "What does it matter anymore about controlling my emotions?" he asked with bitterness in his voice. "I can't touch the Force anymore. I can't even use it to see around me. I'm now surrounded by darkness and I'm trying so hard to remember what the light is like."

"You are still a Jedi Padawan," Qui-Gon tried to reassure Obi-Wan. "Once Han'yaie and Kyran find the cure for our illnesses, we will be able to resume your teachings."

"What if there is no cure, Master? What if we will be like this for the rest of our days?" There was no whining in Obi-Wan's tone, merely the frankness of open curiosity and regret.

Qui-Gon smiled as much as his lips would allow him. Before his illness, he had not known how many muscles moved the lips and face. Now, even though the rest of his body was frozen, he could still move his facial muscles, but at great physical cost. He ignored the pain the small movement caused and let his warmth for his padawan seep into his tone since Obi-Wan could not see the teasing expression on his face. "Then I guess we'd better start thinking up new Jedi katas for you to work on so you don't get fat and idle, Obi-Wan. I won't have the other Masters complain about my lazy padawan."

Obi-Wan hesitated, and then Qui-Gon saw the brief ray of sunshine hit his features as he returned his master's smile.

Han'yaie entered then with a datapad in his hand. He was quickly writing a few notes down and fidgeting.

"What is it, Han'yaie? Did you find something?"

The Master Healer glanced up with a patient expression. "Qui-Gon, Kyran and the others have only been gone two days. I'm up all night working on the symptoms you gave me, but I don't expect to get too far until they contact me with anything they might find on Hunadar. Right now, I'm merely trying to compare what you told me with the few known viruses I haven't had a chance to scan yet. So far, nothing matches. I've gotten a few close hits, but nothing exactly like what you and Obi-Wan have contacted."

"A simple 'no' would suffice," Qui-Gon commented dryly.

Han'yaie opened his mouth to retort, then blushed slightly and had to laugh. "Well, in some good news, the Jedi C

10. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    HE'LL WHAT....:_| He can't die...

GREAT POST!!!

11. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    HELP!

EEK, he can't die :_|

12. MASTER_KAYM

MASTER_KAYM Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    No! He can't die!:_|:_|:_|

What happenned? Why did he slipped into a deep coma so suddently? :(

Great post! Great fic!!! Great doesn't even begin to decribe it :D

13. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

The Master Healer glanced up with a patient expression. "Qui-Gon, Kyran and the others have only been gone two days. I'm up all night working on the symptoms you gave me, but I don't expect to get too far until they contact me with anything they might find on Hunadar. Right now, I'm merely trying to compare what you told me with the few known viruses I haven't had a chance to scan yet. So far, nothing matches. I've gotten a few close hits, but nothing exactly like what you and Obi-Wan have contacted."

"A simple 'no' would suffice," Qui-Gon commented dryly.

Hahahahaha --- nice wit there Qui :D And I'm with Qui, Xani would've made sure that Qui-Gon was dead and right now seems to be just inconvenienced unless...Xani wanted to make sure Qui-Gon lived and Obi-Wan died instead.. as it wouldn't hurt Qui to be ill... but to be ill and lose his pad [face_thinking][face_thinking] Interesting idea -- now I'm not so sure :p

Ahh well loved Han'yaie rolling his eyes at Qui-Gon :p

And horrible cliffe :p

14. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Obi-Wan has slipped into a very deep coma, and if we cannot find his cure quickly, will probably die."

[face_thinking] If Xanatos is behind it, it would make sense. He wanted to destroy the Jedi, and it looks like he is starting with poor Obi-Wan! [face_skull]

I really am enjoying this! :D

I am a Sith, and it's nice to have a little fun with the boy! [face_laugh]

And, I have a feeling that in the end, they will find the cure! I mean, they will, won't they? [face_worried]
    Ulp! Just don't have too much fun! ;)

Thanks for the PM, my friend! ECFF! [:D]

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! @};- @};- @};-

Star

15. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    no...I LIKE inhabiting other people's minds! *giggle*

cliffieeeeeeeeee

16. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    :_| *sniff* ...now you just get back here and save our Obi!

Please update soon [face_praying]

17. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Ooh, this was a great update, Durhelediel!

"Then I guess we'd better start thinking up new Jedi katas for you to work on so you don't get fat and idle, Obi-Wan. I won't have the other Masters complain about my lazy padawan."

Obi-Wan hesitated, and then Qui-Gon saw the brief ray of sunshine hit his features as he returned his master's smile.
    [face_love] Awww, some nice mush there.

So Qui thinks Xanatos is behind this, huh? Didn't the dude fall into a pool of acid? Hmm... [face_thinking]

And now Obi's in a deep coma!!! Nooooo!!! :_| I echo everyone else, he can't die!!!! :_| [face_worried]

I hope they find the cure sooooon!! [face_praying]

18. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    OH NO!!!!!!!! PLEASE let Obi be okay!! Come on Qui think faster!!!

19. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    "It means," Han'yaie said softly, "that Obi-Wan has slipped into a very deep coma, and if we cannot find his cure quickly, will probably die."

I had a feeling Obi-Wan was going to be worse off then Qui-Gon.

[face_thinking] If this is Xanatos, it makes sense. I know Qui-Gon doesn't think that Xanatos knew that it was he and Obi-Wan they were infecting but... Xanatos would know that being paralyzed would be horrible for Qui-Gon. And Xanatos has tried in the past to make Qui-Gon suffer by hurting Obi-Wan. [face_thinking]

I can't wait to find out what happens! :D

Great work! [:D]

Ani-maniac

20. JediGaeliaWindstar

JediGaeliaWindstar Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    OMG! I am sooo surprized at what happened! I hope it all works out! Keep up the good work! More more!

21. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Wow, there's so much speculation going on around here that I could catch it with a bucket! lol

Ken- lol we'll see

Darksaber- Technically he is human, therefore he is capable of death...

Kaym- We'll find out, and thank you for the huge compliments!

Layren- You think too much, lol, either that or you're too used to the way I normally write fics- but am I going to follow my own pattern? hm...

Star- Careful how you word certain things, lol, they could be misconstrued. :}

Lady_Snow- Yep, evil cliffie person, that's me.

Kestrel- [face_devil] Maybe, maybe not...

Bastet- Yep, he sure did. But did he die? Or maybe... well, I'm not going to say that because I might give something away, lol.

Arwen- Qui is thinking as fast as his poor muscles will let him, lol.

Ani- Thanks! And of course he is...there's more angst for Qui that way and Layren likes Qui-angst, haha.

Padawan- Heehee, soon. Learn patience, my padawan. There will be more soon enough.

Ara-gon- I'll try, but now that I've started my epic I'm having to juggle three (well, four, but I haven't had a bunny bite on Many Meetings in a while) fics at once, lol. I have time at my new third shift job, but sometimes I find my words blur together, haha!

jacen200015- I don't know, how did you miss it? lol Welcome to it, though! Always nice to have another reader on board!

Yay! I'm so excited! I finally started my Anakin AU epic in SF! I'm nervous about it, though, since I don't write AUs, Anakin, or epics often at all. If anyone is interested, I'll list a link and a summary for you: Storms of Fate

Summary: When Anakin passes out on Mustafar from pain, Obi-Wan feels such sorrow for his friend that he brings Anakin with him to Polis Massa. Thus begins a long journey for Anakin through physical and mental anguish with redemption glimpsed through the eyes of his children and the final completion of his destiny.

22. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    A-a-a-ack! Obi in a coma! Hmmm. Interesting timing for that--just as Qui was forming a theory as to the responsible party.

Write more! Write faster! Please? :p

23. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Now how did I miss this one?

Update soon please :)

24. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter Ten

//Kyran, hurry?//

Kyran brought his head up quickly at the agonized tone to his friend's voice. Mace and Yoda glanced at him sharply, but neither made a comment.

//Qui? What is it? What's happened?//

//It's Obi-Wan?He's in a coma and Han'yaie thinks he's going to die.//

Kyran could almost hear the tears in his friend's mental voice. //Calm down, Qui. We're on our way back. Hold on for us, okay?//

//Hurry, Ky!//

With a deep sigh, Kyran turned to his companions and quickly filled them in on what had happened.

Yoda seemed sad. "Against us, time is. Make it back in time, we may not."

"Then what can we do here, on this ship? Surely we can work on answers while we are in transit to the Temple," Kyran insisted. "You're the wisest Jedi in the galaxy, and Mace is pretty good with all the scientific principles. I'm sure I could be of help, if for nothing else but to be another pair of eyes."

Mace slowly nodded. "The technology onboard is not as advanced as that at the Temple, but I think we can do a little here. What do you think, Master Yoda?"

Both of Yoda's ears turned, but in opposite directions, which Kyran knew meant Yoda was in deep thought. Finally, the little green Jedi declared, "Help, we must, if save Obi-Wan we can. Start with the animals, we should."

"All right!" Kyran exclaimed as he hopped out of his chair in the cockpit. "I'll go see if we have any vials or hyposyringes to take blood with."

//Hang on, Qui?We're going to do what we can.//

~~~~~

"Any change at all?" Qui-Gon slurred through the stiff muscles in his lips and jaw. His paralysis was starting to spread to his face and it was only a matter of time before he would be mute.

Han'yaie shook his head, but tried to smile. "That can be a good thing, Qui-Gon. At least he hasn't slipped any farther away from us." The Healer went back to checking the monitors situated around Obi-Wan's bed. Every hour, either Han'yaie or his apprentice came in to check on both Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. When the Master Healer was satisfied with Obi-Wan, he turned to eye Qui-Gon critically.

"I'm worried about you as well, you know," he stated. "I do not know how to stop this progression of your disease, or how to make you more comfortable. All I can do is to shift your body position around to keep you from developing sores and feed you intravenously. I suddenly feel very helpless and at a complete loss."

Qui-Gon wanted to reassure the elder Jedi, to tell him that sometimes beings came up with new and exciting ways to torture each other for the fun of it, to let him know that it wasn't his fault if he couldn't find an antidote this time?but his mouth was too stiff and hurt too badly to move for such a long conversation. Instead, he forced out, "Not?fault?Sinclaer's?"

Han'yaie sent him a grateful look, but did not seem much comforted. "Yes, but I've had years of study. Maybe?" he trailed off, then his face brightened and he snapped his fingers. "Why didn't I think of it before?"

Qui-Gon gave him an irritated glance and waited impatiently for the Healer to continue his thought. If he could have, he would have tapped his foot.

"I'll take blood samples from you and Obi-Wan and try to isolate what shouldn't be there. That'll at least give me the basic virus, and I can work from there on trying to either identify it, or to find identical viruses. Maybe I can find something that will help to slow the virus until Kyran and the other Masters return," the salt-and-pepper haired Jedi explained excitedly. As he talked, he took several vials from his biosuit pocket and began to fill four of them with Obi-Wan's blood. When he had all he wanted from the padawan, he then turned to Qui-Gon. "Normally, I know you'd be fighting me every step of the way, Qui-Gon, so let's both acknowledge that you fought me, I'll put it down that way in my medical journal, and no one will ever know that you submitted to me poking you to draw out blood. Agreed?"

Qui-Gon scowled with great effort and his eye

25. MASTER_KAYM

MASTER_KAYM Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    Don't go anywhere.

[face_laugh] Useful comment! :p

I hope he finds a cure soon :( Must be very painful for Qui...

Excellent chapter once again :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.