main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Internuncio.........Obi and Qui become subjects of a political message AUTHOR NOTE 7/8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Durhelediel, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    "Normally, I know you'd be fighting me every step of the way, Qui-Gon, so let's both acknowledge that you fought me, I'll put it down that way in my medical journal, and no one will ever know that you submitted to me poking you to draw out blood. Agreed?"

omg...XD I love that Healet...and "dont go anywhere"....LOL he's so sithly with that line! More please, I get a strange joy out of Qui-gon panicing....

Does that make me a Sith?[face_whistling]

2. Force-sensitiveLyn23

Force-sensitiveLyn23 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 27, 2005
    this is soo sad too can u pm me when u update??? Oh and Kylie has a commnet for u:

KylieKEnobi: My heart aches for OBi and i am praying that Healer Han'yaie's idea works!! IT HAS TOO!!! MY OBI!!!!

3. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Wow this is really depressing............but still wonderful.

4. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Aww, poor Qui. I hope Mace, Yoda, and Kyran can figure something out fast! [face_worried]

"All right, I or Anya will be back shortly. Don't go anywhere."

Han'yaie missed the black look Qui-Gon sent him.
    :p Yes, poor Qui indeed.

Can't wait for more. :D

5. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Finally having time to post a comment :p Been really busy -- haha Han'yaie :D and Qui glaring at him behind his back -- better be careful Qui if you upset your doctor that's not a good thing :p

6. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    "How about I change it to say you bit me, like you used to do when you were younger?" Han'yaie suggested, a grin tugging at his mouth.

At that, Qui-Gon smiled his acceptance and Han'yaie laughed.

Oh, thank you! I needed some levity. That was perfect. I got such a chuckle out of that whole exchange.

Go, Han'yaie! You're more than smart--you're Jedi smart!

7. Terra_Wan_Kenobi

Terra_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2005
    "How about I change it to say you bit me, like you used to do when you were younger?" Han'yaie suggested, a grin tugging at his mouth.

At that, Qui-Gon smiled his acceptance and Han'yaie laughed.

That was too great!!!...So, Xanatos could be behind this??? *Bangs head in the desk* That makes sense...Ouch my head hurts

And please don't kill Obi-Wan!!! he can't die, right???

8. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    LOL! At least Qui will have his dignity on paper :p But come on and save Obi!

9. Lirael

Lirael Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2005
    Ok, so I almost forgot to leave work on time because I was reading this fic.:eek: This is really good. I love the banter between Qui Gon and Obi Wan. Can't wait to see what you are going to do with this. You might have a small revolt on your hands if you decide to kill somebody off. What could you be thinking [face_thinking] Can't wait to read more.

10. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Any chance of an update soon, lady? *begs*

11. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    Kaym- Thanks!

Lady_Snow- I think Layren would say "yes", lol.

Force-sensitiveLyn23- Sure!

Kyliekenobi- lol, what is this, pass the comments? Lol And you never know what I?m going to do, bwahahahaha?.

Kenobiwankenobi- Um, thanks I think, lol.

Bastet- Heehee, I think I made a funny? [face_laugh]

Layren- And how well we know how upsetting your doctor is NOT a good thing, lol.

Ara-gon- haha, I wish I could take all the credit for Han'yaie, but I have to direct the praise where it is due and that would be?.drum roll please? Layren! :}

Terra- Perhaps, and perhaps on this fic we'll never know for sure, but I do clue you in as to who really is the culprit on Storms of Fate, lol. It wasn't intentional, but it just kindof ended up that way.

Arwen- lol I love your perspective!

Lirael- Careful, my friend?I don't want you to have to put "was reading friend's fanfic on the internet" on Reason for Being Fired on your next resume, lol.

Guys and gals, I'm really sorry it took so long to update this fic. For those of you who do not know, I had to move rather abruptly so the past week has been absolutely insane! Now that things (and objects) are mostly settled, I should have no problems updating as frequently as I used to. Thanks for being so patient!

12. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter Eleven

Healer's Journal, Master Healer Han'yaie.

Patient: Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Diagnosis: Qui-Gon continues to worsen. Every minute brings him closer to complete paralysis from the strange and unknown virus he was infected with. I have analyzed the blood sample I took from him (by force and with much biting), and yet I have not been able to match it with any known strands of illnesses in the galaxy. My subject is now unable to move any muscle in his body and must be fed intravenously, have the air in his self-conforming bed constantly moved so that he does not acquire sores, has a catheter attached for personal needs to be fulfilled, and is groomed by either myself or my padawan. His eyes, though, follow everything we do and are most expressive.

Comments: I am waiting on either Master Josel, Yoda, or Windu to contact me with any results they might have found in the animal blood they are analyzing on their return to the Temple. So far, no word has reached me. In the meantime, I will attempt to establish a weak bond with Qui-Gon through the Force so that I may communicate with him and hope that this virus can be reversed.

~~~~~

Healer's Journal, Master Healer Han'yaie.

Patient: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Padawan.

Diagnosis: Obi-Wan continues in his deep coma. Infrequently, there will be a slight surge in his brain activity, causing his Master, Qui-Gon Jinn, to hope he will awaken, but otherwise there is no change. Obi-Wan began to have trouble breathing on his own ten standard hours ago and was placed on life support systems.

Comments: I have to keep Obi-Wan alive long enough to hear from the Masters who are racing to find a cure for his illness and for Master Jinn's sake, but there is only so much I can do with so very little information. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon's fate rests in the hands of those who are traveling through hyperspace.

~~~~~

"Run it again."

Kyran ran his fingers through his dirty-blonde hair and pressed his lips together in irritation. He had been awake for over thirty hours now, had run the blood samples through the analyzers onboard the ship so many times now he had lost count, and was finding it hard to curb his anger in his exhaustion.

"Master Windu, with all due respect?" he began, not looking up from the latest result of the nearest analyzer.

"Rest, I think we should," Yoda broke in. "Hard, it becomes, to keep one's focus when exhausted you are."

Kyran appreciated Yoda's suggestion and glanced up to smile at the little Jedi Master. "I can't rest. Not until I find a way to break through this. The virus exists, so a cure must also exist, just in case something happened in the lab."

Mace rubbed his temples and thought hard, following Kyran's logic. "We know the cure is not listed?"

"?but it doesn't mean there isn't one," Kyran finished, now starting to feel excited as an idea began to form in his mind.

Mace and Yoda exchanged a look.

"Know this already, we do. Thought of something new, have you?" Yoda questioned, one ear turning to face Kyran.

Kyran stood and began to pace as his tired mind sorted out what he knew and what he didn't. He ticked items off on his fingers as he went. "We know there has to be a cure, just in case. We know the cure isn't listed in any databanks that we can access. We know the labs those scientists were working from had smashed consoles, but what if the data is still there?"

The dark-skinned Jedi Master across from him frowned. "What are you saying?"

Kyran's green eyes shone with triumph as he finally found a way to know what the viruses were that his friend and Obi-Wan had been given. "They knew Jedi would come looking for them eventually, since not all the Jedi are always at the Temple. If their plan had worked, the Council would have dispatched a Jedi team who was already away from the Temple to come investigate?which would take quite a while since most teams are involved heavily with missions and can't just drop what they are doing. When we came

13. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Somehow I missed an update... :confused: But I caught up! :)

Hmmm... perhaps it is my suspicious Sith nature, but this seems almost too easy...[face_thinking]

//How long?!// came the mental shout.

Han'yaie winced and put his hand on the doorframe. "A few hours, Qui-Gon," he finally said quietly. "At the most?six hours."

Then again, maybe not. :D :D :D

I look forward to the next part!

Ani-maniac

14. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    "Skills gained from a misspent youth."

[face_love] Kyran needs to be written into the JA books...this just cements it!

6 HOURS? C'mon Mace, lets see some fancy flyin!

15. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    This is an amazing, absolutely stunning tale you have here. I'm familiarizing myself with Before the Saga so I don't know much about the Master/Padawan relationship between Qui-Gonn and Obi-Wan. I must say though I'm completely captivated by what you have here. You weave a wonderful tale of drama and suspense and I can't wait to read more.

Please add me to Your PM list.

16. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Wonderful update well worth the wait!
    Thanks for the PM.:D
    So, the move was stressful?

And what if Obi-Wan needs serious help but there are no healers in the room?:confused:

17. MASTER_KAYM

MASTER_KAYM Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    Oh I hope they're going to make it!

6h... HUrry!!!!

Great Post :D

18. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Six hours eh? Poor Qui..poor Han'yaie nothing is ever easy :D So glad you finally updated :D

19. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    Moving is stressful. Even more so when it is unexpected. Hope you're finding some calm in your life, now.

Whew! Now I can breathe a little easier. At least they have something concrete with which to work.

Let's get the boys well, so they can go on a hunt for Sinclaer and those who are bankrolling him!

20. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    You better not kill either of them, or you'll have me to deal with.

That's a promise, not a threat. [face_devil]

-DS

21. Lirael

Lirael Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2005
    Way to go Kyran!
    I hope the healers can figure out a cure in time. [face_worried]
    Post soon, or I shall have no bottom lip left to chew on ;)

22. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Six hours!!! Oh man, good thing there aren't speed limits in space! Hope they get there fast enough!!

23. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    How did I miss a post? o_O

It least I'm caught up now! :)

Han'yaie winced and put his hand on the doorframe. "A few hours, Qui-Gon," he finally said quietly. "At the most?six hours. Now, I have to go. We're both on very strict time limitations, and I'm not going to allow this virus to beat me." So saying, he hurried out the door, leaving Qui-Gon alone with his padawan.

Obi-Wan has only six hours left at the most, so you'd better hurry, Han'yaie! [face_worried]

I'm certainly glad that Kyran has learned a few un-Jedi-like skills to fall back on! [face_mischief]

Great update, D! Thanks for the PM! [:D]

Star

24. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Ani- It is your suspecious Sith nature, lol.

Lady_Snow- I'll pass on your wonderful comment to Kyran's creator, Layren. I'm sure she'll love the praise! :}

Dae- Nice to see you on here as well! There are a ton of wonderful fics that illustrate the bond between Qui and Obi (and when you get done reading mine, there are other authors out there)?lmbo Just kidding!

Kenobiwanobi- The Healers are closely monitoring him, though, so he'll be alright?or will he? Yes, very stressful, though now what's stressing me out is my job. I just put in my two weeks' notice, and seriously not a moment too soon. I have a possible career opportunity in the works that I hope comes through (as a Child Therapist).

Kaym- Well, six hours was a positive estimate? ::evil chuckle::

Layren- ::sticks tongue out:: I update?I just have an insanely busy life. It's hard to write when you work 32 hours over the weekend and then work 8 hours third shift during the week. By the time your brain wakes up enough to prod your muse, it's time to sleep again. Lol

Ara-gon- Haha nothing is ever that easy with me! Lol And, no, my life is still crazy, but I'm going to make a better effort to update this one since it's almost through.

DS- Pshah, I'm not afraid of you. ::ignites lightsaber:: Bring it on! Lol

Lirael- Hope you still have a bottom lip, my friend, 'cause you might look funny without one, lol.

Arwen- lmbo! I'd love to see a floating sign pop up in hyperspace that flashes the speed limit above the words 'Slow for Flying Objects'!!

Star- No prob! And Kyran has an entire backstory Layren is working on with co-authors, and another backstory in his adult years (his AU I guess, lol) that she's worked on with me, so he's cool. :}

Guys and gals, and alien beings: I'm really sorry this has taken so long. Darth Real Life is seriously kicking me in the teeth right now...

25. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter Twelve

Thump-thump.

He listened with bated breath for every beat of Obi-Wan's heart. Within the last hour, the sound that filled the room had grown slower, paused more, hiccupped, then finally continued. He wished he had the use of his legs and arms to cross over the few inches separating Master from Padawan and hold Obi-Wan tightly in his arms.

Thump?thump.

Every time Obi-Wan's heart caught like that, Qui-Gon's flew to his throat and tears gathered in his eyes. He couldn't allow his padawan to die?he could feel in the Force that it was not yet Obi-Wan's time. The Force had something bigger planned for his young apprentice, but this mysterious benefactor of the scientists had decided to interfere with that larger plan.

Thump???

Qui-Gon's eyes widened, and he mentally urged Obi-Wan with all of his strength to keep living, to survive, to wait just a little longer.

?Thump.

Were the viruses a result of something Qui-Gon had done to someone, for someone, to something? He was faced with a huge blank slot where answers should be, and he couldn't even get up to research why this had happened to him.

Thump?thump.

Maybe it was a random act against the Jedi. Maybe he and Obi-Wan had for once very simply been in the wrong place at the wrong time. At least he knew that the plan had failed: the Jedi were safe and the virus was contained in this small space with him and with Obi-Wan. But at what price?

Thump???

//Fight!// Qui-Gon again instructed his padawan. //Just a little longer, my Obi-Wan, and the cure will be yours. Fight!//

???thump.

This was playing havoc with his nerves, but he would not be in any other place right now. He still didn't know if Obi-Wan could hear him or not through the Force, but he had to believe that his padawan could. It wasn't fair that Obi-Wan should have his life cut so prematurely short, yet what were two Jedi's lives as compared to the entire Jedi Temple?

Thump?????

//Obi-Wan?//

He waited for the next beat, expecting it to come in its own time, like it had been doing.

He waited.

And waited.

Alarms beside Obi-Wan began to go off.

His eyes widened and he sent one panicked thought into the Force.

//Han'yaie!!!!//

~~~~~

"Are you sure you got the formula right for this one?" Han'yaie asked a fellow Healer for the twentieth time in as many minutes. He was inspecting a clear vial of liquid that had taken the better part of an hour to construct. It was the only cure made of the virus inside Obi-Wan, and he was about to hand it off to Anya for duplication when the Force gave an odd little jerk that caused every Jedi around him to gasp.

The sound of the alarms hit his ears a split second before a powerful Force-propelled thought hit his brain:

//Han'yaie!!!!//

He reversed his grip on the vial and spun on his heel. "No time for casting seconds," he barked at the Healers around him. "Finish that second cure while Healer Jan'soen takes the formula for this one again from scratch?at double the speed this one was made. Don't fail me?or those two Jedi who are giving their lives for you. Anya, come with me!"

There was not enough time, the Master Healer reflected as he dropped into a flat run toward Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's room, to jump into an envirosuit to protect himself from the viruses. But he would protect his padawan.

As he ran, Anya keeping up with his pace easily, he barked orders at her that he knew she would obey to the letter. "Stay out of that room until I have the shield back up around us and the air has been filtered. Once the green light is again on, come in and be ready to assist me with whatever I need. Get into a suit as quickly as possible, because I might need you to hand me more cure. What we're working with is an educated guess from a scientific doctor's jumbled notes."

Anya nodded her understanding, her brown eyes large with grief, and Han'yaie suddenly remembered that Anya had had a c

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.