main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Internuncio.........Obi and Qui become subjects of a political message AUTHOR NOTE 7/8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Durhelediel, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Well I said I was going to read the chapter tomorrow morning. I lied :p I couldn't resist, though *glances at clock* it IS morning. It's 12:10 am here anyway :p

Bad bad bad, you can't leave us hanging for another month with a cliffe like that!

2. MASTER_KAYM

MASTER_KAYM Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    OMG!

You evil, evil cliffie!!

Please, let Obi-Wan live [face_praying]

3. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    :eek: oh....my....Force.

That was.....gaaah, that was...*cannot find words*

I think I'm going to lie down now...[face_tired]

4. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    What a great chapter!
    I think my heart stopped too...

5. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    //His heart stopped,// Qui-Gon was rambling, his mental tone panicked. //I can't go to him. I can't go to my Obi-Wan?//

Awwwww!How horrible, this virus is costing the beloved team sooo much...:_|

Great job with this action filled post!

Please update soon so we'll know poor Obi's fate.

P.S-I know what it is like to loose someone dear..I myself lost a dear friend in a canoe accident a month ago...so I know with recent experience how hard it can be!I am so sorry for your loss

6. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    Aaaaa . . .

Aaaahaaaaaaaaaaa . . . .

Aggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . .

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

7. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    Readers: I'm afraid that another post will be a bit longer than I had planned on it. You see, my aunt passed away today and I'm traveling back home for the funeral and such. In light of the previous chapter, it's actually rather odd since her heart kept stopping... Hm, life will do as it wills, right?

Sorry if I ramble. I'm a bit...numb right now.

I will post again when I am able.

8. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    I'm very sorry to hear about your aunt. By all means take all the time you need *hugs*

9. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. Take all the time you need.

I would like to add in real quick what a great chapter I thought this was.

10. Lirael

Lirael Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2005
    //His heart stopped,// Qui-Gon was rambling, his mental tone panicked. //I can't go to him. I can't go to my Obi-Wan?//

Do you hear that sound? That is the sound of my heart being torn into smithereens. Poor Qui-Gon.

I really want you to update soon, but you know I understand if it takes a long time. Know I'm thinking about you. [:D]

11. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    wow - I think I missed some posts, but I'm all caught up...

Great story...But poor Qui-Gon...you're breaking my heart... :(

I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt [:D]

12. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Such wonderful angst. :D

Every time Obi-Wan's heart caught like that, Qui-Gon's flew to his throat and tears gathered in his eyes. He couldn't allow his padawan to die?he could feel in the Force that it was not yet Obi-Wan's time. The Force had something bigger planned for his young apprentice, but this mysterious benefactor of the scientists had decided to interfere with that larger plan.

I still wonder if this was truly meant to target Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. What worse punishment could there be than for Qui-Gon o have to watch Obi-Wan suffer, and yet be unable to do anything to help him? [face_thinking]

Wonderful update, I look forward to the next part! [:D]

Ani-maniac

13. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    [face_batting] Readers, it's my birthday!!!! I'm a young 23 years, lol. :}

14. MASTER_KAYM

MASTER_KAYM Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! [face_dancing]

May your day be filled with joy...and cake! :D

15. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Then he pressed the hydrospray against the side of Obi-Wan's neck and decompressed the entire thing into the youth's inert body. If Obi-Wan still had some sort of grasp on the Force, then Han'yaie still had time to draw him back. Jedi had very strong spirits, and they tended to linger a little after death as if begging someone to call them back for work still unfinished.

And who else had such unfinished work as a Jedi Padawan who hadn't even made the Trials into Knighthood?

"Not today, Obi-Wan?"

//Obi-Wan, come back to me?//

Yes, please do! [face_worried]

I am sorry to hear about your Aunt... My prayers are with you and your family...

Thanks for the PM, and Happy Birthday! @};- @};- @};-

Star

16. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Readers, whoever said trouble comes in threes didn't know how to count...

Another aunt of mine was found murdered yesterday. It's all over the news here in GA (if any of you are from GA then it's the woman from Carrollton I'm talking about). So, again, I apologize but the muse has gone into mourning and I'm not able to complete this fic at the moment like I wanted to.

If you pray, please keep my family in your prayers and thoughts. We're having a really rough time of it right now...

17. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    I'm so sorry about you Aunt [:D] You and your family will be in my thoughts @};- @};- @};-

I've just caught up on all the chapters and the verdict- excellent, every man jack! =D=

18. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Layren- I seriously didn't mean to, but as you know, DRL happened with a vengence and I had no choice in the matter this time.

Kaym- You'll have to read, won't you? Lol

Lady-Snow- Just the reaction I was hoping for, haha! Just so you know, I had the same reaction as I wrote it!

Fifilla- Welcome! Oh I hope not?

Ken- Well, it's not 'soon', but it's as soon as my muse would recover enough to write.

Ara-gon- :[:D]: It'll be okay.

Arwen- Thanks. Here is finally the next chapter.

Dae- Why thank you, on both fronts.

Lirael- Thanks my friend. Oh, at the airport I saw the sequel to (was it called) Inkheart (?), called Inkspell (I think). It looked good. I was going to buy it, but after reading the cover I decided I'd be lost since I haven't read the first one yet. Thought you might like to know.

Kestrel- Sorry that you missed posts. I kept trying to PM you updates but tf.net wouldn't let me. It said something about you had too many PMs from me already in your inbox and if I tried again it would block me for spamming, so I backed off. I'll try again on this next chapter. And thanks.

Ani- We shall see?

Star- Thanks. My birthday wasn't too bad, though my family forgot to tell me happy birthday so I got upset and went off during the afternoon. When I got out of the mall, I found my car decorated!! They apologized and said they didn't mean to forget, so all-in-all it wasn't too bad.

Stella- Welcome back! And thank you.

19. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    DEDICATION: To my Aunt Sherri--if only such technology truly existed to help your heart keep beating so you would still be with me...

AUTHOR WARNING: My muse is very pensive about death and dying right now. I apologize in advance for all the symbolism in the first part of this chapter, but the muse has a will of her own at times and I think it was slightly therapuedic for me.

AUTHOR THANKS: I want to thank every single one of you who expressed sincere wishes for my family as we try to cope with two deaths in one week. Your support has been outstanding. Thanks also to any who prayed or simply kept my family in your thoughts. We have appreciated it.

Chapter Thirteen

It was fog, thick and suffocating. It surrounded him, pressing in on him from all sides, and he found that he hated it. No sound reached him in this place of nothing, no sights, no colors but shades of grey. No one was here with him; he was very alone.

For a long time he had not been able to remember who he was or how he had gotten here. Slowly, ever so slowly, pieces had drifted back to him, until the time came when he finally could put a name to the fog: it was the virus. To the best of his ability, Obi-Wan decided that he was stuck in some sort of half-way place between living and dead, away from the Force, separated from his Master, kept here by the virus as it ate his body alive.

He had fought fiercely in the beginning, fought the virus with everything he possessed, trying to get back to Qui-Gon, to the world that he knew. Yet fighting just made him weaker, gave the virus a better stronghold, so he finally just drifted here in this place of nothing.

Is this where people without the Force went when they died? Or was he even completely dead? Perhaps this was where people without the Force went during a coma?floating, sightless, soundless, alone in a grey soup that drove you slowly insane.

He didn't know how long he waited in this fog?day and night had lost meaning here in this place. His ears ached for a sound, any noise, to break up the complete and utter silence that surrounded him. It was during one of his bouts of intense loneliness that he thought he finally heard something. Right after the almost-sound, the fog shifted and began to swirl around him, faster and faster, until he was caught in the middle of it. The fog went from a passive waiting to a malevolent storm that tried to suck him even farther away from his body than he already was.

Obi-Wan cried out, trying to find something to hold onto, to grasp, to keep him close to the living world. His hands clutched only the fog as his feet lifted from the ground and he called out a single name:

"Qui-Gon!"

As he twisted and turned in the enveloping grey around him, his eyes suddenly feasted on a single strand of white that cut into fog and swirled up with it to reach him. Obi-Wan eagerly reached for that purity and discovered to his delight that it was a sound. His ears caught a single phrase, "Obi-Wan, come back to me?" and he wept from the joy of it.

His Master had found a way to reach him here.

Determined once again to return to the world he knew, he wrapped his hands around that white cord and used it as a lifeline to pull himself back toward his body. His muscles strained and ached from the single thrust, but he was not going to back down now. The fog lashed at him, blinding him, but his hands had a firm grip on that cord and he would never let go of it.

As he struggled to pull himself, one aching inch at a time, along the cord back to himself, he heard other things echoing along the white. Pieces, disjointed, but voices he knew and longed to return to. As he listened, he used each phrase to give himself an added burst of strength along the cord.

"His heart stopped?I can't go to him. I can't go to my Obi-Wan?"

"Not today, Obi-Wan?You won't go out this easily?not today?"

"Fight, Obi-Wan?You have to fight, for Qui-Gon's sake?"

"Not today, Obi-Wan?"

"Obi-Wan, come back to me?"

And on t

20. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

All three Jedi jumped guiltily and turned to face the aging healer in the doorway.

"Nothing," Kyran and Qui-Gon chorused, identical looks of innocence on their faces.

Han'yaie burst out laughing and pointed to behind them.

There, with his face smothered in rib sauce, was Obi-Wan, still holding a rib between two hands. He had a sheepish look on his face and used the rib to point at Kyran. "He gave them to me. I just thought I'd eat the evidence to keep him out of trouble."

Muttering something about Jedi who never grow up, Han'yaie stomped out of the room, hiding his smile.

Awww :D That was so cute. Just what they needed after such a bad scare. Mush makes the world go round.[:D] I know how hard this must've been to write so soon after your aunt's passing. You did a wonderful job. Writing is definetely an excellent form of therapy. You and your family are in my prayers.

21. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    I don't have time to read your update right now, but I wanted to express my condolences about your aunts. I am so sorry. You're the one who needs the hugs.

I'll be back later to catch up on your wonderful story.

Prayers as requested.

22. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    *hugs* Once again I'm very sorry for your losses. Thanks for getting a post up, I know how hard that can be *hugs again*

Qui's right: Obi is not going to like this. Heck, I don't like this!!

23. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    First of all: I'm sorry about your aunts - I hope you and your family will be alright!

Another nice chapter! I'm glad that Qui and Obi are recovering now, but I also have a bad feeling about the mission for Qui and Kyran.

24. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    I am so sorry for Obi, but I can't possibly express how happy I am to see the youth covered in rib sauce...cute. I am glad the pair is recovering and cant wait to read about this new mission! Thanks for the PM!

25. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Yeah, Obi is better now [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.