main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Internuncio.........Obi and Qui become subjects of a political message AUTHOR NOTE 7/8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Durhelediel, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    Oooo. What a nasty, nasty virus. Your descriptions from Obi-Wan's POV were excellent--chillingly so. It took a twisted mind to engineer a virus that would take stronger hold the more a Jedi would fight.

"'Fight! You have to fight, for Qui-Gon's sake! I can't deal with him on my own?I'm too old for this. You have to fight!'" [face_laugh] That was a nice touch of levity.

I loved the entire scene with the ribs. It was perfect. Feed the boy! He needs his strength back.

I'm a little nervous about the next posts. [face_worried]

Continued prayers.

2. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    Like I said in the other thread, I'm sorry to hear about your losses. Hugs to your family.

I'm glad to see Obi-Wan's finally all right. I loved hte way you described his fight with the virus and what it was doing to him. It was creepy too.

The remarks by Kyran about not being able to deal with Qui-Gon alone were great.

And now they have to go in search of this virus-maker/Jedi Killer? They had better be extremely careful.

3. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    It is nice to see that Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon are recovering, though I have a feeling that whoever is behind the attack is not finished yet.

I look forward to seeing what happenes next. :)

Also, I wanted to tell you how sorry I am. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that God will comfort and strengthen you and your loved ones.

Ani-maniac

4. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005

"Fight! You have to fight, for Qui-Gon's sake! I can't deal with him on my own?I'm too old for this. You have to fight!"

Ha! Isnt that the truth...poor Qui..no wonder they made Liam's wig so greyed in ep 1!

"In trouble you are not, surprising as that may be,"

[face_love] Love the troll

Ps: It seems everyone I know is loosing loved ones. Words can't express how much I fell for you all right now. Keep strength and faith. Force be with you.[face_praying]

5. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Lovely. Loved Ky and his idea of a celebration. :D

I'm very sorry for your loss too. May the Force be with you. [:D]

6. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Darth RL... [face_frustrated]

Qui-Gon impulsively hugged his padawan, briefly, but enough to let him know that he was not alone anymore. He decided not to tell his apprentice that Han'yaie suggested if Obi-Wan had been able to touch the Force, the Force would have absorbed him into it and he would be dead now instead of laying on a bed in a recovery room of the Healer's Ward. Some things were best left unsaid.

Definitely! :)

Thanks for the PM. [:D]

My thoughts and prayers are still with you and your family. @};-

Star

7. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Gorgeous update - you brought tears to my eyes...

Yay for Obi being all better! :D

I don't know why you can't pm me - my inbox is empty :confused:

And [:D] ...take care of yourself.

8. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    AUTHOR NOTE: Thank you to all my readers. Your support during this difficult month has been very appreciated. I have enjoyed sharing this story with you and I hope you all have enjoyed this roller-coaster ride with me as well. [:D]

Layren- Thanks, friend. I hope you have enjoyed this fic. As you know, it was written for you. Now I can start on the new one you want, lol. Lots of Qui torture, here I come? :}

Arwen- Heehee, you'll see how it went?

FiFilla- Perhaps, lol.

Kenobiwanobi- I rather liked that scene myself. [face_dancing]

Jacen- Yep! Or?is he?

Ara-gon- It took a twisted mind to engineer a virus that would take stronger hold the more a Jedi would fight. Um?thank you, I think, lol. [face_idea]

Dae- I loved hte way you described his fight with the virus and what it was doing to him. It was creepy too. Yeah, that was kindof the point, haha.

Ani- Thanks, girl. And, no, they're not, but that's another story?

Lady-Snow- Heehee, I love Yoda!

Princess_A- Thanks. Yep, Kyran's got the right idea?celebrations require food! Haha

Star- Thanks, my friend. I hope DRL isn't kicking you so much anymore, either?

Kestrel- Me either. Did you get this last few Pms? I have another one, kyliekenobi, I think it is, who I can't Pm either because of the same 'reason'. Weird.

9. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter Fourteen- Epilogue

Obi-Wan sat up straighter in his recovery room in the Healer's Ward, cutting off the never-ending chatter of Kyran Josel's young padawan. He smiled and put down his datapad, his eyes now glued to the door, the youngling beside him forgotten.

Qui-Gon and Kyran were back.

It had been nearly three months since the two of them had left. During that time, Obi-Wan had been kept in the Healer's Ward for numerous blood tests and brain scans. At first, Obi-Wan had been upset that he had been left behind, but had quickly realized that there could have been no way he would have been a help to his master on that mission: Master Healer Han'yaie had discovered that some of the virus was lingering in Obi-Wan's system. For the past two and a half months, the Healer had been tweaking the antidote to Obi-Wan's virus, trying first one and then another concoction, hoping that one of them would finally completely knock the virus from Obi-Wan's body. Some of the antidotes made Obi-Wan violently sick, or caused his limbs to shake, or even kept him wide awake for a week straight. That was when Han'yaie had brought in Kyran's young padawan, Shyrie Q'lagthe. The younger girl liked Obi-Wan and tried her best to keep him company during his trying ordeal of seeking the right antidote to rid him of the disease that kept threatening to kill him again if allowed free reign.

Qui-Gon had kept in constant contact with Obi-Wan and Han'yaie during his absence, especially once he found out that Obi-Wan was not as healed as they had first thought. Neither Qui-Gon nor Kyran spoke about their mission whenever they contacted their padawans in Obi-Wan's recovery room, just lectured them about keeping in practice with their katas and meditation skills as the masters were absent.

And then over a week went by with no word from the Jedi team.

Obi-Wan and Shyrie were not terribly concerned, as they would feel if something bad had happened to their masters. Whenever one of them tried to mentally check on their master, the man would quickly tell them he was very busy and would soon return to Coruscant to explain. Kyran frequently added a blunt 'Mind your own business for a while, Shyrie and Obi-Wan', which Obi-Wan and Shyrie tried to shrug off as another of Kyran Josel's odd behaviors.

But now Obi-Wan sensed his master approaching his room and he was most eager to hear what the Jedi would tell him.

A few moments later, a very tired Qui-Gon and Kyran entered the small recovery room and promptly plopped down on waiting seats. Shyrie quickly scampered to her master and dropped herself onto his lap. Kyran smiled at her and settled her into a more comfortable position on his knees before giving Obi-Wan a quiet, "Hello again, Obi-Wan."

"How do you feel, Padawan?" Qui-Gon asked him, his smoky blue eyes demanding that his answers be satisfied before he would explain anything to Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan sighed and glanced at the waiting hydrospray on the tray near his bedside. "Master Han'yaie thinks he finally has the combination this time. He said that my latest blood count showed fewer virus cells than any other, so he's going to continue to inject me with the antidote every six hours until the virus is gone. I'm starting to feel like a pincushion with all the times Han'yaie draws my blood to check on the antidote's progress."

Kyran absently laid a hand on the top of Shyrie's head as if she were an armrest, and she giggled. "Any weird effects from this one?"

Obi-Wan blushed. "Not?really."

Qui-Gon lifted an eyebrow in question, but Obi-Wan was determined not to answer.

Shyrie, on the other hand, felt no such embarrassment. "Obi keeps trying to kiss Anya!" she gleefully reported, bouncing a little on Kyran's knee.

Obi-Wan wanted to die. "It's nothing."

Kyran chuckled, and even Qui-Gon was laughing.

"It's nothing!" Obi-Wan repeated, stronger this time. "Even Master Han'yaie says it's the antidote!"

"It makes him all lovey-dovey," Shyrie continued, a glint in her gray

10. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    This is a wonderful ending. :)

Shyrie, on the other hand, felt no such embarrassment. "Obi keeps trying to kiss Anya!" she gleefully reported, bouncing a little on Kyran's knee.

"It's nothing!" Obi-Wan repeated, stronger this time. "Even Master Han'yaie says it's the antidote!"

"It makes him all lovey-dovey," Shyrie continued, a glint in her gray eyes. "But I don't think Anya minds all that much. She?"

On behalf of Obi-Wan... :oops:...[face_blush] What a terrible side effect, lol...

"Stay away from the Jedi, Jenkanes," Qui-Gon cautioned. "Not all of us blindly follow the light side of the Force."

:D Hmm...I always suspected Qui-Gon was a Dark Sider. ;)

Wonderful work! I have really enjoyed reading this. [:D]

Ani-maniac

11. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    This is a wonderful ending indeed!!!!!!It's Amazing how well you tied up all the little loose ends and also it stunes me how well you write! Great job with this fic;it's stories like these that got me addicted to the boards!!Flawless job!!!!
    :)

12. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    Very nice ending - great work.
    And I will definitely read your other story...

13. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Very good ending! Even if the loose ends aren't completely tied up, sometimes that's kind of nice ;)

14. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Lovely ending! Leaves us with something to ponder while we laugh at the side effects Obi-Wan is suffering from :p

Bravo!

15. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    [face_laugh]
    ....Obi-wan never gets a break, does he? Haha! I'd love to see Qui sticking around just so he could watch Obi make a fool out of himself..

a bad feeling....oi, here we go away. I swear, if Jedi were real and I heared one say that, I'd run so fast..XD

Very nice ending to a wonderful fic...mush galore...[face_love]

16. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    Nice ending. So like real life, where we don't always get all the answers we want when we want them. I'll have to find time to read your other story.

Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

17. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005

"It makes him all lovey-dovey," Shyrie continued, a glint in her gray eyes. "But I don't think Anya minds all that much. She?"

That must be some antidote! [face_love]

Terrific story, my friend! [:D]

Thanks for the PM! [face_batting]

Star

18. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Ah, really enjoyable ending! =D=

A great story...well done. :D

19. MASTER_KAYM

MASTER_KAYM Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    What?? I didn't make a comment on this one??

Well! For the last chapters I didn't review, I must say this was really enjoyable :) It was well written and I always wanted the next chapter ;) In a few word, good work!

20. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who nommed and also qualified my fic (Best Ensemble Cast) in the Summer Awards!! To be just nommed is a great honor and a wonderful tribute to any author, and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

Here goes nothin'! ::crosses fingers::

21. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.