main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Intersections of Fate" - (WIASWTSAAQAIE1? continued)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediPadme, Jul 2, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Top...

Did you use the translation thing, M.P??

2. aninonymous

aninonymous Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2000
    Up, till she returns!

:p :p :p :p :p

3. aninonymous

Aug 27, 2000
    And up some more!!
    Cant be too long now, I hope! ;)

4. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    Nope, didn't use translation... :p Still waiting for that post...

--Mr. P

5. Dark_Soldier

Aug 17, 2000
  6. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    No, he didn't use the translator, but I sure as heck did! Ugh! But between my sister and Babelfish, I got the gist. ;)

I am officially back!! :) Got back Tuesday evening-- but jet lag had its way with me, and I've slept most of since then.

I miss Germany!!! Wahhhh!! :(

Now, a post. Whoo. Got work tonight, but I'll see if I can polish something up for this evening anyway. :)

7. Ashamaphone

Ashamaphone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    YIPPEE!!!!!

:D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :)

8. Yorthen

Yorthen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2001
    :) You'r back!! :)

How was the trip?

9. Dark_Soldier

Aug 17, 2000
    Great! You're back!!!
    I hope you enjoyed your trip!!!

There's going to be a post soon???
    YAY!

10. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    Aww, you guys are excited, now I HAVE to put up a post! ;) j/k

Germany kicked SO much butt... I can easily say I've never had more fun in my life. I am definitely going back!! It was hard being away from home sometimes, though. It's going to be harder going to back to work in a couple of hours, though, after a month of almost nothing but free time. ;)

But post. Tonight. May be late, but I'm going to try.

11. Ashamaphone

Jan 27, 2001
    "Try not. DO or do not, there is no try!"

;)

12. Dark_Soldier

Aug 17, 2000
  13. Yorthen

Apr 14, 2001
  14. Yorthen

Apr 14, 2001
    Please, please, please! We need a new post!

15. Dark_Soldier

Aug 17, 2000
    I agree with that!!!

16. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    *sigh* I think it's pretty much clear from my co-authors' continued silence that I'm now alone on this story. That puts me in a curious place... either I continue as we'd originally planned, or I take this story under my wing completely. Either way I'm solo, and with my notoriety for a horrific lack of punctuality with my posts, that's not really a good thing. So I may extend a call for co-authors soon, if I receive no word from the ones I had before.

But in the mean time, I think I'm going to add something a bit darker to the sweet little mix of our story... sometimes, it does get tiring after a while of hearing only from the 'good guys'... ;) 'Tis a shorty. I'm working on another short one for tomorrow. Not my best, I apologize-- but I just want to get the story moving again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One of the bright spots of not having a fulfilling personal life of your own is that in compensation, all others appear, to the observer, much more detailed and interesting by comparison. Much more so, particularly, when the one you were observing was a lovelorn, passionate youth.

And more so yet when that youth was the most promising Jedi pupil in almost half a millennia, Chancellor Palpatine thought as he noted Queen Amidala staring, while she apparently believed no one else was looking, at the back of the departing Anakin Skywalker.

Of course, one had only to glimpse a Coruscant tabloid to join the rapidly expanding circle of people who had become aware of the mild scandal that had surrounded the two young heroes of Naboo, to explain the story behind that forlorn stare of hers. A few papers painted it in a light of controversy? the impulsive Queen carelessly cohorting intimately with a man miles below her status; others with an air of forbidden, deep romance? the strong, bold Queen defying royal and political tradition to fall for the dashing young man who had helped save her world from tyranny. But works of fiction, most of them were, only loosely based on the only fact that remained constant throughout, that the Queen Amidala and Anakin Skywalker had, at least at one point in time, been in love. The Chancellor had an eye that even the most hardened paparazzi did not: the Force, which easily looked into places most spy technology only dreamed of.

And as is often the case, the Chancellor mused with a sly smile, truth is far stranger than fiction. He idly twisted the small ring on his pinky finger, and looked at the Queen again, remarking at the similarity between the two. Both locked around his finger, and a third, the one he desired most to one day join them. But the Queen herself was at the center, the one that would ensure Skywalker?s eventual shift in loyalties.

The tabloids had indeed gotten one fact correct. That despite the appearance the young couple tried to put on (whether for their mutual benefit or for the public, he wasn?t sure?not that it mattered; either way, no one was fooled), they cared much for one another. Reaching out lightly to touch the minds of the two would-be lovers made this clearer to him than any other who might have claimed to known an inkling... he winced slightly at the glimpse behind the walls both had erected in their minds, the stubborn longing that was eager to push its way forth. This was more apparent in the Queen than in Skywalker... he seemed somewhat calmer, more resolved about their situation than anything, a slightly smug confidence mixed with a dash of pure hope. Curious.

And beyond that shield...

It seemed a pointless (and exceedingly foolhardy) twist of fate?s hand to have placed all that immense power in the tiny, compact package of one passionate human being. And he hated Skywalker for it; hated him for being born with something that despite all Palpatine?s years of training and practice in secret, would never let him be better than second place in. A mere child! One fighting the pangs of unreciprocated love, to boot...

Seldom does life deliver, right into your hands, the means by which to fulfill a dream or desire. It was

17. Yorthen

Apr 14, 2001
    :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :)
    A POST

Dancing around the room and yelling "A POST"

Looks like we can start a kill Palpy club in here to [face_devil]

Sorry to hear about your co-authors :(

18. aninonymous

Aug 27, 2000
    A new post, a new post, a new post!!!

:D :p :D :p :D :p :D

A kill Palpy club mmmmmm :mad: [face_devil]

I wanna be a memeber :mad: [face_devil]

19. Dark_Soldier

Aug 17, 2000
    I'd join any "Kill Palpy" clubs!!! :D

Wonderful post!!! Wonderful writting!!!
    I'm so happy you posted, because I'm leaving for six weeks tommorow!!!

Have a nice summer everyone!!!

20. Ashamaphone

Jan 27, 2001
    Kill Palpy Club... Can I be lead assassin?? [face_devil] ;)

21. Chocos_Ramabotti

Chocos_Ramabotti Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2001
    Um...glad you're back, A21 :D But...I wanted to tell y'all that I'm ashamed for my earlier behavior here, and I want - and must - apologize [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush]
    This may sound stupid, but I had to get rid of it.

What I yet wanted to say: Great post !!!...would you allow me to join the kill Palpy club ? [face_devil]

(believe me, if I could put more blushing faces in here, I'd do :p)

22. aninonymous

Aug 27, 2000
    Hey, why are you [face_blush] Chocos!

23. Chocos_Ramabotti

May 9, 2001
    It's just me, I gues... [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush]

24. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    LOL... yeah, I saw the club in Clarus's fic too. ;) Well, since there's so many of us, maybe there ought to be a site for it? lol. I'd gladly join a club like that... :D

Earlier behavior, Chocos? I'm not sure I know what you mean, but I'll accept your apology anyway. :)

I'll get working on another piece, maybe for tomorrow night.

25. Chocos_Ramabotti

May 9, 2001
    Yeah, a own website for KEPP !!! [face_laugh]

Um...I'm just apologizin for my overeagerness in speaking german [face_blush] [face_blush] as I said, I want to get rid of it [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.