main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Intertwined: A One-Post Short Story (Kyp/Jaina)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Deneveon, Nov 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Yeah, it all belongs to The Great Flanneled One, yadda yadda yadda.

--

INTERTWINED

--

Jaina Solo looked at him, alone and unnoticed in the shadows. He was smiling, so happily it seemed to her, as he held the woman in his arms close to him. Her heart burned in her chest, filled with a thousand mixed emotions that she knew all too well to hope would disappear soon. She restrained herself from revealing her hiding place; instead, she waited, silent and indiscreet.

She watched them exchange an embrace; and then the woman left, leaving him alone. As soon as she left, he suddenly whirled around on his heel, catching her eye with his deep, green-eyed stare.

She should have realized it sooner. He had known she was there all along.

A half-moment later she turned to leave, but was stopped by a gentle grip on her arm. She didn?t want to look at him, to acknowledge that she had been caught spying on him. Her pride wouldn?t allow it.

And yet, she did. She glanced at his hand on her arm, strong and familiar, and her eyes traveled up his sleeved shoulders to look at him again.

?Why are you here?? He asked her, solemnly, all the happiness gone from his face.

Her throat suddenly felt dry, but she willed herself to speak. ?It was a mistake. I apologize.? She glanced at his hand, still gripping her arm. ?Let go.?

He didn?t. He was still looking at her, emotionless eyes searching hers. ?Why do you have to do this to yourself, Jaina??

The weight of his words almost broke her, but she summoned the last reserves of her strength to come to her aid. ?Let go, Kyp.?

This time, he did. And she walked away. As soon as she was out of his line of sight, she ran, her tears already slipping down her cheeks.

Kyp Durron looked at her, alone and unnoticed in the shadows. She was laughing, and was so full of happiness, it seemed to him, as the man in her arms held her close to him. His heart burned with a thousand emotions he was not stranger to, but he pressed on, swallowing them down and willing them away for the moment. He resisted the urge to reveal himself, to reveal his secret to her at this very instant; instead, he waited, silently and patiently.

He watched them exchange a kiss, and then a long embrace; and then the man left, leaving her alone. She turned back to the stars she had been watching, ignorant of the pair of eyes watching her.

She is so beautiful, he thought to himself, knowing that he could never utter his words aloud lest he be the subject of rejection and misery. He was already wallowing in enough pain and torment as it was, watching her everyday, with her blind to his inner struggles.

Just watching her gave him a sense of comfort, of peace; he knew she was safe, and that was enough to quell his restlessness, if only for this moment. He wondered wistfully what would happen should he step out of his hiding place; he was about to try when he wisely thought better of it. He knew she would be angry at him should he do such a thing; he couldn?t risk losing what little he shared with her.

And so he turned to leave, making sure his steps were unheard. Yet as soon as he arrived in the hall, he found himself turning back again. This time he made no effort to become unseen.

?Hey, soldier,? he greeted her, and he watched her turn to smile at him.

How beautiful her smile! How beautiful her lips, her face; how beautiful every aspect of her being. He wondered if she knew how beautiful she was; he wondered if she ever wondered what he thought of her.

But he knew he would never know.

She embraced him, but only briefly; for that same brief moment, he wondered how it would feel to have her in his arms as she was in Jag?s.

?I missed you,? she said, and for one instant he thought she might have meant her words for her lover. That fleeting wish fluttered away as quickly as it had come, as he stomped the feeling down before it could go any further.

Instead, he smiled, though faintly. ?I missed you too.?

?It?s been too long, Kyp.?

She reste

2. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    Aw...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

MORE. NOW!

3. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Mirax-Jade: Uhm, I'd love to be able to post something right now, but unfortunately the next one still needs a little tweaking. Thanks for reading, though. :D

--Den

4. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Great stuff Den! I can't wait till you have more up. :)

~~Jilly

5. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Jilly: More's up. :D

I made it a one-poster now. I didn't think it was very practical to have to broken up in pieces, so here it is in its entireity.

--Den

6. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Ack! You must write more! You simply CAN'T leave it there! :( Pweeze? *bats eyelashes*

~~Jilly

7. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Interesting. I liked it.

And now I have to go back and change the listing again! Curse you! :p

Dana

8. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    awwwwwwwwwwwww they are so cute!

Jez

9. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Jilly: LOL. Maybe I'll try seeing what I can get out of this. But for now, I think I'll leave it where it is. I have so many things to write... Thanks anyway!

Dana: :p You're going to have to update it again, because I'm posting another story soon.

Jez: I second that. :D

--Den

10. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Awww! This was sooo sweet it shouldn't be allowed ;)

11. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Awww...great stuff, Den :D so schweet...

-JSD

12. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    I don?t think I get ?it?, but nevertheless, I liked your prose. The story itself was well-written.

Thanks for sharing! :)

Am [face_love]

13. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Elfsheen: Why, thank you. I really didn't mean to make it sweet. I meant it to be, like, well... see, I don't even know :p But thank you anyway!

JSD: Glad you liked it!

Am: Basically, it's two stories. I meant for it to be interpreted any the reader wanted. You could either think it one a sequel to the other, or two totally different, but parallel universes. Or something entirely other than that. *shrug* But I'm glad you liked it anyway. :D

--Den

14. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Up!

--Den

15. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    aw...i loved that [face_love] you write k/j so well Dev :D

~TJF

16. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    TJF: Why, thank you. Glad you liked it.

--Den

17. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Up!

--Den

18. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    That was so BEAUTIFUL!!!! :D But don't you dare leave it there, keep going, its torture!

19. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Princess1: I don't think it's possible to write a sequel to this, since I don't even KNOW what the plot of this really is, so maybe. I'll think about it. Thanks for reading, though. :D

--Den

EDIT: Markup codies. Darn.

20. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Upping!

--Den

21. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Up!

--Den