main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Intervention: Echoes in Eternity (An Original Trilogy Game; Always taking new players!!!)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bravo, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Commander Yavscout, Johnny Boy command deck

Yav's eyes narrowed as he regarded the back of Bescaryc Taab's helmet, as the Mandalorian stepped past him onto the bridge.

'Shabuir', eh? He reviewed silently, trailing the bounty hunter. He had enough grasp of the two components making up the word to figure that he wasn't being named 'Commander of the Year'.

He had no idea yet what shabs were, and Taab seemed to keep the translations of some of his terms close to his chest.

However, young Atin used the term buir enough that the elf knew it meant 'father', so, whatever insult or group of insults that shabs meant, perhaps Yav was being declared the Daddy of them.

For some reason, that cheered the elf.

"Whose your Daddy." He commented, monitoring the crew while the scanning was going on. This was the bread-and-butter of watching someone's back.

"Let's go bug the Skipper." Taab decided aloud.

Or not. Yav said nothing, noting the double meaning.

"Enter!" Lasso's voice called through the thick door.

Yav pressed the door control to permit them entry, getting a word in edgeways before Taab.
    "Not even going to ask who it is? Just enter?" He then clocked how tired the captain looked. "Sweet Feth, you look exhausted, Boss."

Tag: Bravo, Bardan_Jusik

OOC: Was reading through a selection of my posts during the Craci op, and discovered something.

IC: Kalka'tech the Wookiee, within the Luck's Gamble ILH-KK Citadel-class cruiser, docked in the Johnny Boy's hangar

Kalka'tech didn't know where his earlier attitude to Ler had come from, but wherever, the droid had made its displeasure clear after Sydney Ayres had left the hangar.

Both wookiees had been deployed to polish all the metal fittings inside the ships, and Kalka' had quickly bagsied the large cruiser, leaving Talka'pa with the various starfighters.
    That had then backfired when the attentive droid had told him to make sure the ship was ship-shape for their return to Outpost Nowhere.

It would be good to get some real gravity underfoot, he thought to himself, heading round the corridors of the cruiser, careful not to knock his shaggy head against anything. Then he spotted the branded foot-deep flimsi shopping bag sagging against the right bulkhead.

Oh, this sort of thing annoyed him. He had heard the Craci shore leave had turned into a Mission Varsity, but did that give them the excuse to be so scruffy?

"Ruow! (Goodbye!)" The annoyed Wook took two fast steps and booted the bag diagonally along the floor! "Wyaaaaaa? (Hello?)" He greeted the avalanche of obvious medical supplies spilling across the deck in surprise.

What in Shyrii' was the Doctor's nonsense about them being down to their last bacta patch?

The hangar tech knelt down to examine the mass of square sachets and white flimsi packs. There were combat bandages, disinfectant bulbs, almost three dozen bacta patches, enough painkillers to anaesthetize a small bantha. Also, he picked up a plastic-sealed aerosol that was dwarfed within his calloused black palm, and turned it over. Narco-mist.

Some good stuff here.

He checked the shopping bag, but that was a goner, the side ripped by his toe claws. Great.

Kalka'tech started to gather up the supplies. He'd have to make sure the Luck's Gamble was fully stocked, then take the remainder to medbay aboard the JB.

Tag: no-one

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Havah Jeth
    Corridors into the Mess Hall

With the response being what it was Havah had to grin, it was one of those rare hard grins that strained the muscles in his jaw and cheeks. Although at present he doubted whether MedBay was serving anything worse than the Mess Hall was.

Still they went on in silence after Winterkills chuckle, just he and the Nagai. When they finally reached the Mess Hall Havah sighed a moment before walking in. Their new cook, well the man meant well, he had to give him that much. And seemed to be getting along with most of the crew, but Havah. Well Havah missed Mrs. Star. No one since had tried to make anything from his home world. Still, he had the memory of her Emerald Lichen stew, even if she was a traitor, she made good food.

The doors parted and a simple clattering could be heard from the kitchen along with some choice words in. . .well to be honest he wasn't sure if it was slurred Huttesse or some other language the man was using or even what half the words seemed to specifically say. Still the meaning was all to clear. It was only a moment after they had walked in and began to head for the food tray that he finally saw the cook come out. Neatly arrayed were the packets of MREs. On the far end was an open metal case that held an assortment of nutritional supplement bars, in case one was merely peckish and just wanted to eat a sing bar worth two regular meals in nutritional and caloric content. Of course you had to be able to palate them first, now that was a well learned skill.

"Ah! Sirs, what'll it be? Eh I have a nice rehydrated blend of MRE I was just working on, if either of you would rather. I think I got it a touch more palatable." Cook stated as he was rubbing his hands on a cloth.

"Which ones?" Haveh quipped.

"Well. . .lets just say they are bit spicy. . .and cheesy sirs."

Good. He wouldn't have to use the freshers for a couple days. "Sounds fine." With a straight face he looked to Winterkill.

TAG: greyjedi125

Sith-I-5 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  3. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Kalka'tech the Wookiee, Hangar Chief Ler (droid), Johnny Boy hangar

The taped-up shopping bag was a little bit lighter now that he had re-stocked the Luck's Gamble's medical stocks, in one of the rooms behind the cockpit.

Now he stomped from the ship's side airlock, along the short gantry to the catwalk going round the inside of the wall to which the Luck's Gamble was docked.
    He leaned over the safety railing and roared down to attract the droid taskmaster's attention.

Ler looked round and up. "You cannot be finished yet!"

Kalka'tech held up the bag and roared an explanation, leaving out his game of football.

"Oh, don't think you are getting out of your reward that easily!" Ler called back, mindful that other crew were looking now. "Ellie, lad?" He lowered his gaze and looked about for Crewman Hart, spotting the top of her head, and her peaked cap, beyond the black-painted N-1 starfighter that belonged to the Commander.

The droid clomped round to get a better view, spying her sitting on a perch, sipping her juice. Bless

"Hart, feel like joining us?" The LE-Repair droid queried with a touch of sarcasm, and pointed out Kalka'tech's position aloft. "He'll drop the bag to you, then you take it to Medbay. Give Doctor Cook or whoever is there, one of your big smiles, and show them what we found-"

"We?" Kalka'tech echoed from the catwalk, in his native language.

Ler ignored the interjection, continuing, "If they don't need you to do anything, don't dawdle, and come straight back."

He made shooing motions to her with his metal hands, then stalked off to see to the others.

Tag: Heavy Isotope

IC: Rachael Williams, Taycie Vao, Mary Formal, Johnny Boy crew cabin, Deck Two

Slowly masticating the choclime bar, Rachael regarded the security pair while Al brought Izzy back from his leary stare at the toga'd Tayc', and under a semblance of control.

She had not seen this side of Izzy before.

Her eyes flicked across to the Twi'lek woman. She did not look the slightest bit attracted to her countryman.

Perhaps they should have made an attempt to get dressed before the guards came in.

Al brought up the scanner as he stepped further into the cabin, "This should only take a minute or two."

Mary waved an arm from her place on the picnic blanket. "Have at it, Gentlebeings."

The Hyperdrive Engineer wished the newbie wasn't quite so flowery with her responses. This seemed like the time for short, clipped responses.

She swallowed the morsel of brown-green candy, the flimsi wrapper crackling in her small alabaster fist as she took another bite.

Tag: Bardan_Jusik (Izzy and Al)

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  4. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    IC: Masha Tinovorsh
    Rec Room, Johnny Boy

"Whenever you're ready," Masha said before drinking some more of her water, "Gonna go cool down before we take off, if you need to finish up, I shouldn't be long though."

With that she walked off the treadmill and to get some more water before stretching.

TAGS: Bardan_Jusik

IC: Crewman Elizabeth "Ellie" Hart
    Hangar, Johnny Boy

"Hart, feel like joining us?" The LE-Repair asked, causing Ellie to Jump, the droid pointed at one of the Wookiee brothers. "He'll drop the bag to you, then you take it to Medbay. Give Doctor Cook or whoever is there, one of your big smiles, and show them what we found-"

If I'm going by myself how am I joining "us," she thought. Puzzled on his phrasing, big smile... She tried smiling at Ler, but it probably came across as a sarcastic or forced smile.

"We?" Kalka'tech echoed from the catwalk, in his native language. Exactly, wait - what?

Ler ignored the interjection, continuing, "If they don't need you to do anything, don't dawdle, and come straight back."

He made shooing motions to her with his metal hands, then stalked off to see to the others.

"Why would they need me to do anything? I'm a mechanic, not a doctor," Ellie said, genuinely confused, "And why am I going by myself? -- Hey!" Ellie groaned, capping her juice and getting up. Ler was already walking off, the Wookiee brother waiting for her. Big smile... He was gone before she realized he wasn't being genuine... Jerk.

"Hey so what's goin' on?" she called out to... What's his name? Cal... Kal... ?

"And why am I going by myself? I don't even remember where that med bay is!"

She did spend most of her time in the hangar bay, chow hall, and her room with Masha the grump. Well, not grump, maybe misunderstood. Also... She didn't even get a medical evaluation when she signed on. Was that a thing they did here?

TAG: Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: Captain Jason Lasso
    Bridge, Johnny Boy

"Not even going to ask who it is? Just enter?" He then clocked how tired the captain looked. "Sweet Feth, you look exhausted, Boss."

Lasso shrugged, standing up and walking over to the coffee machine in his room, starting to pour a cup of coffee for each of the them as he signaled for the Brass to sit down as he handed them each a cup of coffee then grabbed his own and sat down, "Once we can get the crew count back up," Jason finally said in reply to his Commander's statement, "I can stop pulling these two hour shifts to cover the bridge solo between third and first shift. Until then," the mercenary took a sip of his coffee, "Some coffee to keep me going and a little nap for an hour or so before my shift starts on first shift. But as you know, the Captain's day begins after eight hours already clocked on," Jason smiled at the recent memory of paperwork, crew issues he had to solve, and the list went on, "So, what brings you two fine gentlemen to my temporary sanctuary of sleep?"

As Jason waited for their reply, he could of swore he heard a scream, several screams---and then fire, a burning galaxy---flashed before his eyes. As quickly as it came, it left. Jason mentally shrugged the memory off, thinking nothing more then a lingering memory from that awful nightmare he was having before his Commander and Security Chief rescued him from that dream.

TAG Sith-I-5, Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik and Sith-I-5 like this.
  6. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Winterkill
    Aboard the Johnny Boy, Mess Hall

The two Mercs reached the ship’s mess hall, doors opening with the tell-tale whoosh. Winterkill did not slow his stride, but his eyes scanned the entire room, seeking out ‘point’s of interest’. Safety was an illusion after all.

The second thing he did was look over towards the cook. One of the useful things he’d learned during his travels was that, the mood of the cook often determined the quality of the food being served. Food served by the more ‘festive’ species always tended to be flavorful and often yielded some unexpected surprises, unlike food served by baseline cooking droids. The food in those cases had either a metallic tang or oily consistency; and sometimes both.

In this case, the cook was was human and he was cursing in what sounded like Huttesse. Winterkill raised and eyebrow and half wondered if he’d find some errant part of a lizard on his plate.

One look at what was being served told him he’d have no such luck. On the counter, all he saw was neatly arrayed packs of MREs. The nagai fought the urge to scrunch his nose.

On his last long term away mission ( which failed), he’d had to subsist on these. Needless to say, the MRE’s played havoc with his digestive system. There was nothing to be done about it. It was either eat and suffer, or starve to death, which was not much of an option. Of course, once he was captured, the food he was served had been worse. He’d been forced to eat alien bugs and other unimaginable things…or once again starve to death.

How interesting that a simple thing as meal could become so critical a thing. The civilized worlds took much for granted.

“Ah! Sirs, what will it be?” the cook said in greeting. “I have a nice rehydrated boand of MRE I was just working on, if either of you would rather. I think I got a touch more palatable.”

Winterkill only half listened.

The nagai was wondering on his options as how to arrive to Med Bay. He’d originally assumed that he’d eat first and after sparring with Havah, he’d end up in med-bay as he usually did, but would be spared eating their tasteless meals. Of course now, the MREs might just send him there first, after an extended visit to the fresher. There would be no sparring session in that case.

Winterkill was about to make a suggestion when he heard Havah speak to the cook.

“Which ones?” the arkanian had asked, possibly referring to the rehydrated MREs.

“Well…lets just say they are a bit spicy…and cheesy sirs.”

The nagai’s dark eyes observed the arkanian with interest.

“Sounds fine.” Havah said, then turned to look at Winterkill with a straight face.

The nagai immediately knew the arkanian was up to something, the question was what. To Winterkill, all MREs were the same: To be avoided at all costs, unless there was no other option…like now.

“I’ll have the same.” Winterkill stated cooly, returning the same expression to his friend. Things were going to be interesting for certain after this meal.

“….and something refreshing to wash it down with.” He added, side glancing some of the drinks.

“I don’t suppose you'd care for a window table?” He said to the taller arkanian, fully aware that the ship had entered hyperspace. At least they’d be facing the door and no one could come at them from behind.

Tag: @Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  7. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Johhny Boy, Mess Hall

At the suggestion of a window table Havah gave a nod. It was good idea, especially now that he could not eat in peace next to the cooking droid in the kitchen as he had with Mrs. Star.

He was somewhat surprised that Winterkill had agree to his same food choice, but the Cook merely nodded at them with wincing grin, "Good fer you sirs. I'll have it out in a jiffy."

With the cook leaving Havah walked over and grabbed a juice bulb, one purposefully identified as nearly expired. Hopefully a little fermentation would of began to set in.That would make it much more palatable. Joining Winterkill at the table he made the choice to on the side nearest the doorway. His body sideways to the table so his back was to the wall as he left Winterkill to likely take the seat on the far side by the wall with a good view of the doorway.

"Do you have any other concerns?" he asked simply as he fingered the top of the table. Brushing aside somewhat imaginary dirt.

8. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Beskaryc Taab
    Captain's Ready Room, Johnny Boy. En route to Rhen Var

"Not even going to ask who it is? Just enter?" Taab ignored the quip, just as he had about the one regarding bugging the Skipper. For being the ship's executive officer, Yavscout certainly had a rather relaxed style. It contrasted greatly with Taab's, but he supposed it still got the job done and in the end that was what mattered. Still it reminded him of an incident back during the clone wars...

"Sweet Feth, you look exhausted, Boss."

The Elf wasn't wrong. It looked like they had "bugged" the skipper at the wrong time. Well if he hadn't wanted this area swept he should have said so. Taab held up the scanner, not overly concerned with how the Captain looked. He was alive and safe, and that's all the terms of his contract stipulated. Thankfully it didn't cover mental well being. He began to scan the ready room, not even bothering to ask theCaptain's permission. He wanted a full sweep of the ship, the permission was implied. "We'll be out of your way in a minute Skip." He looked away from the scanner for a moment. "But Yav is right, you look like sith."

OOC: Can't take credit for creating the incident on the Intrepid. I saw it on another message board where it was claimed to have been an actual incident aboard a US navy warship at sea. I simply adapted it to our purposes here.

TAG: Bravo, Sith-I-5

IC: Atin Taab
    Rec Room/Gym, Johnny Boy. Hyperspace en route to Rhen Var

Atin watched as Edge gulped some more water before stretching. He couldn't help the feeling now that there was something that he wasn't being told. Still it wasn't like he had been completely shut out either, she had even invited him to go to the mess hall with her to continue their conversation so whatever it was she still wanted to talk. Or maybe he was just a young fool who didn't know the first thing about women. Yeah, that was probably it. Buir's training had covered a great many things, but aside from a quick biology lesson, dealing with the opposite sex hadn't really been one of them.

He stepped off the treadmill and made sure his bucket was still clipped securely to his belt. He had barely worked up a sweat so he took his beret and placed it squarely on his head. "Ready when you are Edge."

TAG: Heavy Isotope (feel free to move us to the mess hall in your next post if you want)

IC: Security officers Izzy and Al (NPCs)
    Crew Cabins, Johnny Boy, hyperspace en route to Rhen Var

"Have at it, Gentlebeings."

Al rolled his eyes as he could hear Izzy mutter "Oh I would love to," under his breath. What was with him today? Had he never been around a fem before? Al hurridly finished the sweep, the room was clear. "OK, we're done here ladies, thank you for your time." He started to make his way to the hatch but Izzy hadn't moved and was still lecherously staring at the women. "We're done here Izzy," Al said, louder this time to make sure he grabbed the twi'lek's attention.

"Right. Done here." Al's partner snapped his head to the side, finally breaking his own trance and moved off into the corridor after Al. If any of the women were listening carefully, or had extremely good hearing, they could hear the friendly punch that Al threw into Izzy's shoulder. "What's with you?" followed by a knock at the next hatch. "Security, we're doing a sweep of the ship".

TAG: Sith again.

[​IMG]

9. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Aboard the Johnny Boy, Mess Hall

“Good fer you sirs. I’ll have it out in a jiffy.” The cook said before disappearing back into the kitchen. Winterkill regarded the back of the man’s skull as he retreated.

'Good? Hardly'... he mused, letting out a barely audibly snort. He also wondered what the cook himself was eating when no one else was looking, but as noted, there was nothing to be done about it. The lack of supplies was a ship wide issue. They had failed their mission to acquire ANY during the Craci Prime incident, and now the Johnny Boy was critically low in much needed supplies and armaments. The ship and its crew were very vulnerable now. Could that be why so many crewers opted to leave?

Another thought snaked through the nagai’s thought process before he noticed Havah Jeth grabbing a juice bulb. 'What’s the captain doing about it?'

Winterkill had a change of mind and opted to get some warm water to drink, instead of some random refreshment. He wasn’t certain what effects the rehydrated MREs would have, but the sooner he digested it, the sooner he could purge it from his system. At least that was his thinking.

Both Mercs made it to their chosen table and sitting arrangements were silently and strategically designated, as always. Winterkill knew that would never change and he was glad for it. The worst thing was going into an op with someone who had no real sense for tactics. It usually meant you had to cover your back as well as theirs, and still get the job done, while trying to keep your mortality rating as low as possible. Craci Prime had been a mess to be sure, but here they were, enjoying some rehydrated MREs. That had to count for something.

The arkanian and the nagai had a good view of the doorway, just in case. But it became clear that to the nagai that he’d been lost in thought, he'd let down his guard for a moment.

“Do you have any concerns?” he heard Havah Jeth ask him.

The man had either picked up the ability to read minds in his travel, or his personal ‘mask’ was becoming too transparent. Unlike mandalorians or Havah himself, Winterkill did not have a helmet to wear over his head, so his face had to become unreadable, a ‘Mask’ as it were. This ‘mask’ took the place of a helmet, except he had to make sure it was ‘on’ at all times.

“Yes.” the nagai said in response, before signing to the arkanian.

{But the ship is not the place for THAT discussion}

“Have you seen that nurse we brought with us?” Winterkill inquired in a casual manner before taking a small sip of warm water. “…from the garrison, I mean.”

“I’m wondering if she’s upset with us. I understand she used to be a Merc. Can’t say I’ve met her before. Seems interesting, no?”

No sign of the cook yet. Those MREs probably needed a lot more rehydration than anticipated.

Tag: @Mitth_Fisto, (@Bravo)

Mitth_Fisto and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  10. Intervention

Intervention Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2012
    IC: Terrel Vacks
    Blood Moon, Docking Pad 97, Cloud City

"Don't be alarmed, they're part of the crew, and don't have weapons.

Terrel wasn't disturbed by the droids. The Clone Wars had all but assured that. "They're pretty," Vacks replied.

About that space station, there are dozens of that class scattered around the Galaxy and I doubt the total loss of half their number would hurt the Empire in any way at all; Palpatine probably wouldn't even notice! So what's so special about this particular example? A hundred Navy Commandos instead of Depot Security types seems rather like overkill to me.

"It depends on the true contents of that space station, now doesn't it?" Vacks replied.

No need to spend your, or your boss', Credits on your Passage Fee though; call it a discount for probably sticking you into the frame for murdering the rent-a-badge that called in the alert on you, plus two of his mates that turned up almost as soon as you'd left the tunnel. The first one got a good look at my face and I didn't see any point of letting any of them live after they threatened to arrest me. Difference being, no description of me got sent out, and I used a somewhat unconventional exfiltration route that kept me out of sight. A route I sometimes use when I'm heading in to make a kill!

Terrel nodded his thanks for the fee being waved.

As for supplies, I could probably finesse a full twenty-thousand-kilo load out of any Imperial Depot; no questions asked. My 'creedos' are still current, and have a gagging order attached to them. Start working up a shopping list! I'll get the ship ready to fly!

"Well," Vacks said matter-of-factly, "We'll head to your Imperial depot. The secrets of the Empire can wait...a little longer," Terrel replied as he took a seat, "Some secrets would unraval the very fabrics of society. Pick a depot, Imperial, any depot. And we'll go from there."

Vacks put on his crash webbing, closed his eyes, and waited for lift off. It was time that the Empire burned. And burned hot.

TAG Tim Battershell

11. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Aidan Dodd - aboard Blood Moon, Docking Pad 97, Cloud City

My new 'friend' turns out to be a fairly cool customer, at least as far as the sudden disclosure that I have Battle Droids aboard is concerned. He doesn't seem to turn a hair as they unfold and ready themselves to perform their respective functions.

Not too unexpectedly, he dodges giving out information about the 'special' aspect of his particular target; but does give a nod of thanks at my waiver of his Passage Fee. I'll have to do something about him calling me 'Imperial' though; I'm not. Not any more.

I move into the cockpit area and get 'Passepartout' started on the pre-flight checklist while I do a full change into a more appropriate costume for where we'll be going. The first layer is the body-glove from my Spec-Ops Trooper Armour. It's Armourweave, so will give me a measure of protection against Blaster fire - not that I'm expecting trouble of the light-fight kind at our destination, but I take as few chances with injury as possible. My allergy to Bacta means I have to heal the traditional way - and I absolutely hate hospital or Med-Bay food. Kriffing slop, most of it!

Over the body-glove goes my Imperial Naval Uniform, 'creedos' transferred to outer pocket from the secret pocket in my right boot and the rank-cylinder that goes with them slipped into the appropriate holder on my tunic. I elect to leave my more obvious weapons where they are and just rely on the 'stylus'. I should also have my new 'friend' available as backup; although he'll have to leave some of his arsenal behind to look 'in-character'. With that in mind, I ask 'Passepartout' to discretely unlock the bunkroom door again.

With Blood Moon ready to fly, I contact Departure Control for clearance, lift off as soon as its given and head out-system. Our destination is just over two hours away at the ship's normal hyperspace speed. I leave 'Passepartout' to keep a sensor on 'the front office' and rejoin my guest in-back.

"On our way," I report, "We're heading to another Baas-class, about two hours hop away. We'll be able to stock up on supplies there and I should be able to carry out a familiarisation reconnaissance. Believe it or not I've never been aboard one before!

Nothing special about this one, as far as I know, except the Station Commander is reportedly quite fond of the Lum bottle and the station itself is undermanned, estimated one hundred crew and fifty DepotSecs, last I heard.

Your 'Outfit' may like to make a big splash but there's no point in attracting attention to ourselves if we don't have to. Especially if we plan to hit your Baas-class before my 'creedos' expire, so the way I want to play this is totally covert and casualty-free; I didn't quit murdering for the Empire to become a mass-murderer on my own account. Anyway, I do surgical one-round-one-kill, not 'spray and pray' butchery!

I plan to assume the guise of an Ubiqtorate 'go-fer', with you as my Bodyguard/Aide. You're a Sergeant-Major, injured in the line of duty, and filling in time with relatively light duties until your hitch is up. Call me 'Sir' in public and refer to me as 'my Superior' if you need to speak of me to others. If we pass muster, and we should, we might be able to use the same ploy to get aboard your target when the time comes, though I suspect the 'Navy Commandos' have plenty of ISB thugs mixed in with them.

Please put your Armour back on, but one sidearm and the backup piece only, please, then join me up-front.

Oh, by the way; until we trust each other well enough to exchange names, call me 'Snake'. Comes from my Spec-Ops team's nickname.... no enemy heard our footsteps and lived to boast of it!"

TAG: Intervention

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: SG-12 "Twelve", the Emperor's Hand, Agent Mike Tozzi, Port Haven fishing village

"C'mon, Wipe!" The stripped down Saber Guard goaded, using his latest nickname for the Emperor's Hand - short for Hand-y Wipe - sparring with him at the end of the ricketty sun-bleached pier, wonderful azure waters around them.

Mara Jade, in her sleeveless black-and-violet training bodysuit, jabbed at towards his chin with her lightsabre, Twelve leaning back just in time and spinning his own lightsabre blade in a circular fan motion before himself to knock her blade aside, the shorter, slimmer figure before him using the momentum of her deflected sword to pirouette away to her left, do a 360 degree turn, and slash low down at his left calf.

Perspiration glistened on Twelve's barrel chest as he hopped back out of the way, then dropped to one knee and bowed his head to avoid the insanely close arc of the mottled green Amphibion passing over his head to splash down into the waters on his right, drenching the Saber Guard!

"Hey!" Twelve rose, glaring at her, "We said no boats!"

"And I said there would be consequences if you called me that name again." Jade leaned sideways slightly to look past her opponent towards the grass huts of the fishing village. "Looks like one of your men is here."

Twelve bowed to signal the end of the duel, and hooked the lightsabre to his belt, on the opposite side to the other one, the latter, a rough home-made one using two crystals from spare blasters.
    He turned to walk down to the waiting subordinate, whom he recognised as one of the Imperial Intelligence bods assigned to him.

Trailing behind him, Jade wiped perspiration from her face and neck with a towel. "I am going for a run."

"Well, make sure you're back-"

"By eight. Yes, I remember."

The Saber Guard marched along the pier to the waiting dark-haired male human in the open Imperial tunic, "Agent Tozzi? To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Special One?" Twelve smiled as the Imperial used his preferred title. "We have a signal."

The Saber Guard stopped in his tracks, his breath caught in his throat. "The Emperor?"

"No." Tozzi shook his head. "Boba Fett. Trace material. Meets all the identifiers."

Twelve was intrigued, and believed the man, but asked anyway. "Skinny?"

"Check."

"Pointy ears?"

"Check."

"Bounces well?"

"Check." Mike held up a square of flimsi, showing a colour picture of the target falling through the air towards an ornamental fountain in the middle of a plaza.

"And this was taken where?"

"Cadomai Prime, Special One."

Behind the Imperial Force user, the sun started to sink towards the see, gradually bringing the day to an end.

"Signal the blockade. Ask which captain is willing to countermand Jade's order to remain in-system." Twelve headed for his hut, calling back over his shoulder, "I'll get my armour."

Tag: no-one

Bravo likes this.
  13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: Captain Jason Lasso
    Bridge, Johnny Boy

"We'll be out of your way in a minute Skip." He looked away from the scanner for a moment. "But Yav is right, you look like sith."

Lasso nodded, "Well---"

One moment, Lasso was sitting down, the next he was flying over his desk and slamming shoulder first into the floor.

Alarms were going off and Lasso felt like his insides were torn from his insides.

"Hyperspace!" Lasso managed in a clenched breath as he tried to regain his breath as he stumbled up, his world a great dizziness as everything tried to "readjust" in his body. Lasso hit the door release button and stumbled onto the bridge, seeing a scene very similar to an emergency situation, "Report!"

The good Captain made sure to take a look out the forward viewport as he made his way to the Captain's chair. Outside, it was not hyperspace. No, it was real space, the great blackness.

"We were pulled out of hyperspace!" Chief Petty Officer Wa Yay announced nervously as she departed the Commander's chair and fast paced it to her station, "But we don't know by what!"

"Navigational charts were up to date, Captain!" Chief Helms Officer Andrew 'Guitar' Monk added as he tried to bring the engines back online.

"Damage report?" Lasso asked.

"Engines offline. Hyperspace capability offline. Thrusters only, Captain. Shields are offline. Weapons are online. No deck venting, all crew accounted for," Ronnie the Xexto said.

"Wa Yay?" Jason asked.

"Captain, sensors are off-line. I have limited passive only, but I'll need to recalibrate our sensors before active is back up and running and readjust the range of passive sensors. Whatever took us out of hyperspace, Captain, did a number on us. It could take hours, Captain."

"We don't have hours, Chief Petty Officer," Jason replied, turning to comms, Mr. DelPike?" Jason asked.

"Communications are completely shot sir. All I have is static."

"Location, Helms?" Jason asked.

"Judging by our last known location and the current stars, Captain," Monk replied, "I'd say somewhere Galactic South-West of Draukyze. That System, up there," Monk pointed out of the forward viewport to the upper right, "Sure looks like the Draukyze System."

"Good know Mr. Monk that I have a Helms Officer who knows what Star Systems look like from the naked eye," Jason replied, adding to the whole bridge, "Listen up people. Top priority is engines. Inform Chief Engineer Williams, whatever he needs, he has. Equipment, personnel, anything. Second priority is shields; third is sensors and fourth priority is communications. I want all data we have from hyperspace relayed to the Officer's Meeting Room immediately. Commander, please see to these issues and address them accordingly. Security Chief, I need the Luck's Gamble prepped for immediate take-off. I need a crew of two. Pick them personally; their mission is to make it to the Draukyze system, refuel, and make it to Rhen Var to alert our base to our problem. Furthermore Chief, I need a flight of three starfighters prepped for our immediate defense. Patrol duty and escort until we are able to operate on our own. We are on lock-down, Security Chief. We must assume whatever took us out of hyperspace is hostile in intent and will return to board us. We must not allow that. Deploy your security assets accordingly. Commander, the bridge is yours. Communications, ship-wide comm please."

"Your on, Captain," DelPike said.

"This is the Captain speaking. We have been removed from hyperspace by a unknown source. No enemy tangos in sight at the moment. We are dead in space, I repeat, we are dead in space. Yellow alert, yellow alert. All Command Staff and Support Staff to the Officer's Meeting Room. Please stand-by for further orders as needed."

"Captain!" blurted Wa Yay, "Passive sensors has just picked up debris Galactic North-East of our current heading! Looks like ship debris. It could be whatever took us out of hyperspace!"

"Helms, give me a ETA!" Jason said.

"Transferring sensor data to your console now, Monk!" Wa Yay said.

"Ah..." Monk said, reading the sensor data, "Assuming we don't have a burn out on thrusters, we can make it there in about an hour!"

"Commander," Jason said as he started to heading towards the Officer's Meeting Room, "We have increased urgency. Lets make these repairs happen yesterday. Security Chief, I need those starfighters up in the air now! Until we know more about those debris, all starfighters stay close to the JB! We need to retain what element of surprise we may have as long as we can. Wa Yay, I want all data to the meeting room now."

There was a new sense of urgency and whether Lasso admitted or not, his sudden repeated rushed orders echoed that urgency. They were dead-in-space without shields, engines, sensors, or communications. And already low on supplies.

TAG ALL ON JOHNNY BOY
    OOG:

Okay all, so this is what is happening in a nutshell:

• Repairs
      • If you want to do repairs, Sith will be heading that up (I figure his more Science-driven logic is nicely suited for these repairs then my mind is)
      • Engines, Shields, Sensors, Communications need to be repaired
    • Rhen Var
      • Two NPCs or ICs are heading to Rhen Var aboard the Luck's Gamble
      • Ask Jusik if you want to go or he'll just pick NPCs
    • Starfighters
      • I need three (at least 2 of which are ICs) starfighter pilots ready to launch
      • Jusik will be directing the selection of pilots and duties, etc.
    • Command / Support Staff
      • If your Command Staff or Support Staff, head to the Officer's Meeting Room
      • Bravo will be heading up the crisis management part of ship debris, etc, and driving the storyline forward

14. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Johnny Boy, Mess Hall

No answer would be possible now, for in an instant, the entire mess hall seemed to yaw and lurch as inertial compensators strained under the force which pushed them beyond their specs.

Winterkill found himself airborne quite suddenly, and thanks to his experience and quick thinking, he balled-up, just before he crashed into the side wall. He managed to greatly reduce the impact, then bounced off the wall after hitting it and subsequently found himself rolling on the floor.

Unsure of what exactly was going on, the nagai concentrated in avoiding anything that was not bolted down and might be falling, like chairs, people and utensils.

It was all over almost as soon as it had begun, an though somewhat disoriented, the nimble alien found his feet and regained his balance as he rose.

“WHAT…in the nine…!!??”

A quick self-check revealed nothing broken. Good. He’d have a few bruises later on, but that came with the territory.

Winterkill’s dark eyes quickly scanned for Havah Jeth, then for anyone else who might need help. Did something hit the ship while it was in hyperspace? That was virtually impossible, the only rational explanation was….well, it was just as unpleasant, at least in his experience.

The good news was, that they were not dead. At least not yet.

"This is the Captain speaking. We have been removed from hyperspace by a unknown source. No enemy tangos in sight at the moment. We are dead in space, I repeat, we are dead in space. Yellow alert, yellow alert. All Command Staff and Support Staff to the Officer's Meeting Room. Please stand-by for further orders as needed."

Well, at least that answered his unspoken question.

Havah was part of the Command Staff, since he held the post of ‘Third-in-Command’ and all. The nagai was officially listed as part of the ship’s Flight crew, despite of his other operations, but at least that made him part of the active and essential Support Staff.

{ Come. Let us see what’s there to hunt.} He signed to Jeth.

So much for rehydrated MREs.

Tag: @Mitth_Fisto

IC: Mahaben
    Johnny Boy, Med Bay

The thing about having a strong connection to the force; even when one could see things before they happened, didn’t mean the event wasn't any less inconvenient.

Had Mahaben possessed eyes, they would have grown as wide as dining plates. One moment he was focusing on healing the cathar patient from mild radiation poisoning, then the next, he had an exceedingly powerful presentiment. In his minds eye, he saw a vision of the himself, the nurse and the patient being thrown violently about, followed by medical instruments and equipment. A great sense of danger snapped him from his holistic ministrations to make him aware of a split second event.

Without having a chance to utter a word of warning, the blind miraluka took a firm stance and suddenly spread his arms to his sides, palms up and his sleeves flapping from the sudden motion. The force flowed from him, just as the ship lurched.

Mahaben grit his teeth and bit down on his jaw as he felt sure inertial force all around the room. In that split second, he’d only time to extended his kinetic influence for a mere ten meter radius as set himself to the defy the laws of physics. The field was large enough to include himself, the nurse, the patient and the instruments in their immediate vicinity.

The grey haired miraluka had to create both, a protective barrier against the things he could not arrest, as well as keep his charges in place. The strain was significant, and that brief moment seemed to stretch for a much longer period than it was in actuality.

And just as quickly as it had begun, the critical event passed.

Mahaben found himself catching his breath, as he needed a moment to collect his wits.

“Thank…the Force.” he managed to breath out.

“Are you…alright?” He inquired of the nurse. After the briefest pause, he checked on the cathar's condition.

Something had gone wrong somewhere, that much was clear, but what exactly was not as easily determined. At least his senses were not blaring a warning …for the moment. Curious as he was regarding the cause, his duty was to his patient.

In his mind, he had no doubt the cause would be revealed in due course.

Tag: @Sith-I-5, @Jedi_padawan_leigh

OOC: Must crash now; ( will get 4 hrs sleep ) Long day at work tomorrow ( er..today), so I wanted to post preemptively.

Bravo, Sith-I-5 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Captain's Ready Room, Johnny Boy.

"Well..." and suddenly the deck lurched under their feet. Taab was a man who was usually prepared for just about anything. His long years as a mercenary and bounty hunter, along with his general demeanor, always had him on edge. But he hadn't been prepared for the ship to start bucking like a wild Nexu or for the Skipper to go flying over his desk. For his part Taab tried to keep his footing but failed. He went down hard in the opposite direction from the Captain and hit his head squarely on the Skipper's desk. Fortunately he had his bucket on, but even so the impact was jarring. He recovered quickly and in time to hear the Captain barking out orders to the bridge crew.

Taab followed him out to the bridge where he checked on the security station. The droid there had managed to keep its footing. The new gouges on the station's main console in the shape of the droid's claw like hands told Taab all he needed to know about the how. Taab listened in on the bridge crew's reports before shouldering the droid wordlessly to the side. "... Security Chief, I need the Luck's Gamble prepped for immediate take-off. I need a crew of two. Pick them personally; their mission is to make it to the Draukyze system, refuel, and make it to Rhen Var to alert our base to our problem. Furthermore Chief, I need a flight of three starfighters prepped for our immediate defense. Patrol duty and escort until we are able to operate on our own. We are on lock-down, Security Chief. We must assume whatever took us out of hyperspace is hostile in intent and will return to board us. We must not allow that. Deploy your security assets accordingly..."

Taab barked out his own "On it sir," before calling up the Johnny Boy's roster on his HUD. The list scrolled by quickly as he highlighted the pilots and crew he would send on each mission. As he did so he commed out to the security teams, who had no doubt heard the Skipper's ship wide message by now, to report to their battle (repel boarders) stations.

To be continued...

OOC: Let me know via PM if you want your character to go on either op. If no one has volunteered after 24 hours, I'll hand out assignments to keep us moving forward. TAG: ALL

Aft corridors, level three, Johnny Boy.

Masha and Atin left the rec room on their way to the Mess Hall. Atin still wasn't sure what was up with her or if anything was at all. He mentally shrugged, it was something he was going to have to figure out on his own. He knew his buir (father) wasn't going to help him. They passed by a security team headed in the opposite direction, the Devaronian Al'kesh and a Shistavanen whose name Atin couldn't remember right now. They both gave the pair of pilots a smile as they continued about their duties. Atin could see that they were running yet another security sweep. Someone was paranoid.

Atin turned to joke abut it with Masha when suddenly the world turned upside down. Atin found himself flung up the corridor, landing hard on his right shoulder. Luckily his instincts kicked in and he managed to tuck and roll, else he do more damage to himself. Still he got up warily, reaching for the pistol that wasn't there in his holster. "Shab", only security and senior officers went about armed aboard the Johnny Boy. He turned to find Masha "What just happened?" he called out before the 1MC sprang to lif,.

Atin's eyes widened a little. This was...unexpected. he would feel better about things if he had a blaster, or if he was at the controls of his fighter. Looking to Masha once again he asked her a single question. "Flight deck?"

TAG: Heavy Isotope

[​IMG]

greyjedi125 likes this.
  16. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    ]IC: Priest

"It'll be a cold one again today."

Priest noticed the man's reticence for conversation, but the attempt was taken as it was meant: an olive branch in the void of uncertainty. Priest knew how the man felt; since his family had died on Alderaan he hadn't been in a hurry to make friends. On the contrary, people tended to be overbearing and noisy and this did little for Priest. Still, politeness should be responded to with politeness. Priest smiled at the man.

"Lieutenant, I would submit to you that the only place colder than the mean temperature here is the Emperor's icy heart, or somewhere anatomically south and decidedly less hygienic."

Priest took a moment to affix the neck clamp of the helmet to the seals on his armor and then wrapping the face guard up and around his head. The armored skull cap had been modified slightly to attach beneath Priest's duelist hat, which in and of itself had the armor and cushion core of a standard helmet. There was a subtle snap-pop as the atmosphere seals engaged and the air scrubbers began to filter heated air around Priest's chapping face. The wide brimmed hat, which pulled down to the eye shields on the armor and the long floor length canvas coat flapping in the breeze made him appear like the ancient hero of so many planets, the roving nomad of the plains, the gunslinger, the gambler...the scoundrel.

Priest depressed a button on his armor and the sensors came to life. Because of an accident when he was a young child, Priest had occular and aural implants in his right eye and ear. These implants had been heavily modified to not just display what Priest was looking at or the ambient sound, but rather enhanced to display any number of statistics depending on the device or sensors they had access to. Currently he had a display of the weather, and a topographical map of the area he had traveled. He could access data on the Paragon and through the help of coffee he could hack into networks, provided the computer jewel he carried with him was in contact with the network. It was all very handy in many situations, and had served him well when he was a surgeon. Priest switched his perception to have a subtle false color infrared layer over his normal vision and suddenly the Lieutenant appeared to be glowing from the inside. Priest also tagged his biosignature to a name title that appeared over his head.

"I am ready whenever you are, Lieutenant." Priest said.

TAG Bravo

OOC: I was going to go into more detail, but I'm posting from a conference room right now in a meeting and I'm getting ready to pack up. I don't want to lose the info, so I'm just posting it as is.

Bravo, Sith-I-5 and greyjedi125 like this.
  17. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Johhny Boy, Mess Hall

Looking at his companion he had to admit it was good to be working with Winterkill again, the last mission had not been to his liking, but there was much to be said about the company in such situations. Winterkill was top notch. Even he could recognize that, and it had given evidence that whatever had happened during the mans absence he had not lost his edge, something which was most important.

The fact that the man did have questions or concerns was not much of a surprise. He was bringing in another bounty hunter into the mix and Winterkill had already voiced concerns about the one they already had. The fact that he had signed that the ship was not the place for such a discussion was surprising, Havah didn't need to sign back anything, just to wait until they made it their new base.

His mention of the nurse in a smooth transition so cover the signed delay of further questions was good, the Nagai was keeping ontop of his skill sets. Knowing makes good, constant use makes near perfection. So he simply sighed as he took a sip from his juice bulb before snapping the lid shut. He would need to save it for the MRE. "I remember her, I doubt. . ." well whatever he doubted would have to wait.

After all the ship decided to knock him for a loop. Literally. As he tumbled away from his chair end over end he tried to tuck, but still he caught his shoulder on another table and spun out onto his back. "Shab." he softly hissed as he stared at the ceiling. Laying there he heard Winterkill nearly cursing and turning his head to the left he saw the doorway open to the kitchen as the Cook crawled out, looking decidedly as if the MRE's had come alive and assumed humanoid shape. Looking shaken the simply stared at him, then at Winterkill before dropping onto his rump.

"I aint' cleaning that up." the Cook flatly stated. Probably in mild shock.

The announcement from the captain blared over the loud speaker: "This is the Captain speaking. We have been removed from hyperspace by a unknown source. No enemy tangos in sight at the moment. We are dead in space, I repeat, we are dead in space. Yellow alert, yellow alert. All Command Staff and Support Staff to the Officer's Meeting Room. Please stand-by for further orders as needed."

Winterkill came into view as he turned his head the other way, signing about the hunt. With a grin he rolled onto his good shoulder and stood. "Lets".

With that he turned to make way to the Officer's Meeting Room. Turning slightly he signed back {Hopefully this won't take long.}. After all, something had brought them out, and that something probably had better food then they did.

TAG: greyjedi125, Bardan_Jusik, Bravo

18. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Johnny Boy, Aft Corridors, Level 3

It made Masha slightly uncomfortable to not wear sleeves, oddly, she didn't think about it until a security team passed them by and smiled. They weren't allowing weapons on the Johnny Boy, a regulation Masha thought was stupid and dangerous considering some of the crew she avoided were beings on the run, much like she was but they seemed to be of a shady disposition. And that made her uncomfortable. So she always kept her knife around her leg as a preventative measure, the length made it more difficult to conceal but she had only ever left her quarters wearing the cargo pants she preferred to workout in, it was the best option. Especially when a security team is passing by and when the ship lurches, more like lunges, hard and unexpectedly. Throwing her back against the deck, she did the best she could to break her fall. Danoor Defence Forces were taught very basic hand to hand, fortunately breaking your fall was something they taught as they didn't have simulated targets, so the Defence Personnel would use each other.

The impact still hurt, her head nearly hitting the deck, Masha forced herself to strain her muscles against the inertia and save herself from what could be a concussion, "Blast it, what the blazes just happened?!" She said in anger, regaining her footing. Atin shouted something similar from where he was.

"Well, alright then!" she said without thinking, knowing the PA system wasn't a two way radio, the muscles in her neck hurt, her back as well. That workout did a number on her. Atin had been tossed a bit further, perhaps his armor made him significantly heavier which caused him to -- Did physics work like that? Masha had no idea. She dropped the thought as she saw Atin's expression change, "Flight deck?"

"Read my mind," she said, her voice returning to it's expressionless norm. The pair ran down the corridor, guess chow will have to wait, she thought. The hangar bay was in a flurry, fortunately the ships remained unharmed, more importantly; her ship remained unharmed. She began to run to her station, before she took to a full run she glanced at Atin, "See you out there."

TAG: Bardan_Jusik

IC: Crewman Elizabeth "Ellie" Hart, Masha Tinovorsh
    Johnny Boy, Hangar Bay, Level 3

Before Kalka'tech could get back to her the whole world turned around, throwing her against the crates she had been sitting on, "What the blue blazes?" she said in surprise, she stood quickly. "Hey Kal, rain check ok? I promise." She called up the Wookiee, who was having problems of his own. She held up her hand as a wave, then grabbed her tool duffel and ran towards Masha's starfighter. Clumsily. She probably looked comedic running through the bay as fast as she could with a heavy duffel bag slung over her.

Masha was already there and opening the locker behind her fighter, taking out her coveralls, helmet, and boots. Ellie ran up to Masha, "Hey partner! Glad you're ok, this is somethin' in'nit?"

"Yep," Masha said, unstrapping the sheathed knife from under her pant leg, setting it aside before removing her cargo pants. "Hey!" Ellie said, "Warn me, besides, other people can see you."

"Shouldn't you be checking over the ship? Besides I'm wearing compression shorts underneath," Masha said, standing up to finish putting on her flight suit and strapping the knife to her thigh. "Oh -- Right," Ellie said before setting about on the 360-degree check of the ship. Anyone that wanted to look would only be taking away from doing their job, Masha thought, and I'd be ready to go first.

The thought did bother though, she didn't like prying eyes. Too late for them though, she was sitting on the plasteel bench, strapping her boots on. Reaching back into the locker she grabbed her flight harness and put it on quickly, checking the electronics systems on the chest piece and walking towards her ship, everything checked out. Climbing the ladder quickly she was joined shortly after by Ellie, who had Masha's helmet in her hand.

"Forget something?" she said with her always cheeky smile, but her tone was different than usual, it sounded sincere for once... Ellie knew Masha was having a rough time after Craci Prime, even though she didn't know why. She felt it was her job to make sure not only the fighter, but the pilot was A-okay to fly. And Masha's her 'best buddy' aboard Johnny Boy, after all.

Masha took the helmet and set it above her control console, "Thanks, systems ch--" Ellie cut her off, wrapping her arms around her head in a big awkward hug, "Be safe out there, bud!" she said excitedly, letting go and beginning to move down the ladder. "Blast it -- Elizabeth!" Masha yelled.

Ellie poked her head back up, "What?"

"Systems check... "

"Oh right, ok so... " Ellie and Masha ran through the rest of the pre-flight checks, everything was good to go. Now they just had to wait on the order.

"Here," Ellie said, when they were done, she held out a small package and her juice canteen, "Meal replacement, for the time being. You've also got your flight ration in the usual compartment," she continued. Masha opened the wrapper and quickly ate the food bar she tried a sip of the juice which was far too bitter for normal human consumption. But Ellie was far from normal.

"Thanks, Hart," Masha said, opening the compartment and taking out one of her familiar metal cases and taking out a cigarette. The lighter was missing, blast it... Oh.... Ellie had produced Masha's missing lighter and lit it for her, "Any time partner," she said, positioning herself to sit on the edge of the cockpit. "Flight control, this is Guardian Seven, call sign Edge, ready to launch on your command," Masha spoke into the comms to check in. Ellie sat still, logging flight information and maintenance certifications into her folding datapad which had an actual keyboard, "Okay bud, everything checks out. Holler if ya need me." Masha thought Ellie would leave after saying that, but all she did was close her datapad and prop her feet up along the fuselage of the craft, leaning back with her hands behind her head.

After the cigarette began to kick in and Masha calmed down, she opened the comm channel, "Edge to Scorch, you ready yet kiddo?"

TAG: Sith-I-5, Bardan_Jusik, Anyone else in the hangar bay.

19. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: Lieutenant Hawkins

"Lieutenant, I would submit to you that the only place colder than the mean temperature here is the Emperor's icy heart, or somewhere anatomically south and decidedly less hygienic."

"Works for me," Hawkins said with a slight grin as he lit a cigar and took a drag, watching as the fellow prepped his gear and his helmet sealed up, "Nice equipment."

"I am ready whenever you are, Lieutenant."

Hawkins nodded, "Communications Channel Tactical Two," the Lieutennat said, meaning to share the communication channel with the new comer and then waved the platoon out, "Lets move! We need to be back before dark."

2 hours later...

Outpost Nowhere was in a unique position. It's Main Entrance was positioned facing deep West into the mountain range that it called home, the most reliable access to the base being a series of mountain roads and trails that ran throughout the mountain range; the Mercs had been careful as to only "sure up" very few of the roads and those only most immediate to the base. All other trails and roads looked as forgotten as they would of been if no one ever lived on the planet for hundreds of years. The travel time by vehicle from the Main Entrance to the bottom of the mountain range was well over five days, while any approach on foot through the mountain range could take more then nine days easily. The Hanger Bay was positioned facing South, leading out of the Mountain Range and towards Rhen Var Citadel and Rhen Var Harbor; the Hanger Bay itself was built into the cliff side and the only access to it was via a long, high climb, narrow road that looked as well maintained as a forgotten ship wreck in the ocean; several smaller mountain peaks were between the hanger bay entrance and the bottom of the mountain range, making any such approach long and difficult. The hanger bay road lead, eventually, to bottom of the mountain range the travel time on vehicle alone was over three days, on foot was closer to seven days.The Repair Bay was positionedfacing East and out of the mountain range; unlike the Hanger Bay, the Repair Bay had no road leading to it and was built into the cliff side completely, making any entrance into the base itself more then difficult. The Underground lake entrance faced North, deeper, into the Mountain Range and any approach was considered impossible and if possible, from the other side of the mountain range, could easily take more then a month on foot and well over two weeks by vehicle. Nothing but uncharted, untraveled, and unsupported land lay between the base and deeper into the mountain range. Being positioned on the corner of a mountain range, but well deep enough for protection and defense, made Outpost Nowhere's patrols most interesting.

So two hard hours of trekking through knee deep snow made it seem like they had barely left visual of the base.

In fact, they were just heading down a rough road they had built in on the last patrol, depositing them into a small valley between two smaller mountains. The formation was suppose to look like this, but the valley and terrain was starting to rough up the formation in places. The Lieutenant's now second cigar was about as close to warmth as it got as his facial hair seemed to collect frost.

"Damn cold," he muttered as he looked out over the lead squad making their way into the valley now from the "high portion" of the road.

"First Squad to Lieutenant," came the Sergeant's rough, cold voice over the communications system.

"Go First Squad," came the Lieutenant's voice.

"Lieutenant, our Point Man has discovered smoke coming out of a cave not too far from us. He estimates half-a-klick from our current position. Mountain formations will obscure your view from the road."

"First Squad, repeat confirmation of smoke coming from a save?"

"First Squad confirms presence of smoke from a cave."

"Life signs?" the Lieutenant asked.

"Mountain walls are bouncing our sensor signals everywhere, Lieutenant. We'll have to move it on foot."

"Hold one, First Squad. Break, Command, this is First Platoon."

Static.

"Command, this is First Platoon. How do you read, over?"

Static.

Strange, this wasn't happening yesterday. Suddenly a steady stream of cold wind starting hitting the Lieutenant from the front and the Lieutenant looked up towards the skies upon hearing a soldier exclaim in alarm.

"LIEUTENANT!"

The soldier was pointing to the suddenly appearing snow storm appearing over the the Northern part of the mountain range! The storm blanketed out everything in it's path!

But Command had cleared them from any snow storm today and Priest's technology hadn't alarmed them either!

There wasn't enough time to make it back to base as the wind starting picking up quick as the storm approached quickly almost on a super natural level!

The Lieutenant jumped on his helmet comm, "All squads, into the valley and towards the cave, now! MOVE IT!"

MUSIC: One Speed

The Lieutenant started running for all he was worth! Down the rocky road, everyone just ran after First Squad up ahead. The storm was fast approaching!

Wind was approaching fast, starting to force against their bodies. The Lieutenant yelled into the helmet comm, "MOVE IT! MOVE IT!"

Next came the loose snow! Falling over them like a shower of rain, coming thicker and thicker and thicker.

Someone fell up ahead, but Hawkins couldn't tell who, all he did was lower a gloved hand and reach out and pull up on the soldier's armor, "MOVE IT SOLDIER!" he yelled, dragging him along to get his legs working again, then letting ago as he focused on his own running.

Cliff!

Hawkins jumped off the cliff, landing among snow and rocks, but ignored the pain of impact as he rolled with the punches and kept running. Up ahead, barely now through the blinding now storm, he could see a flickering light.

Getting closer and closer and closer! He felt the rock surface, turned around and started waving, "Come on! Come on!" he yelled out-loud as he padded each soldier through the cave opening for a count. His helmet sensors were still identifying several heat signatures out there in the cold as the storm was almost on-top of them, now sending boulder-sized chunks of hardened snow raining down on them!

TAG Wildwookiee

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Yavscout, Ler, Kalka'tech, Nurse Ulrike, Mary Formal, Taycie Vao, Rachael Williams, Johnny Boy various locations

Yav grimaced and basically leaned forwards with his mouth open and tongue out to let the black lava drool back into the mug - bloody 'orrible stuff!

Then, the crisis equivalent of the parent and child Watch With Care-giver holo-series, hit the ship.

Are you sitting comfortably?

Yav was.

Then we'll begin.

Lasso sprawled over his desk and hit the floor before Yav, Taab fell too, his boycie clattering off the desk; then both men lurched up and out of the Ready Room before the cascade of flimsi reports floating around the still seated elf, settled.

There is a school of thought that if you can sit still, while all around you goes to sith, that you have not understood the gravity of the situation. Or, as the Commander was discovering, you've spilled boiling hot coffee in your lap, and are waiting for the pain to hit.

Curiously, there wasn't any. Perhaps his, elf-hood for want of a better term, was in shock.

"REPORT!" He heard the Captain call behind him.

"Well, me and the future Mrs Yavscout, may have to adopt," he muttered, checking the damage, "ooh, never mind. I'm wearing armour!"

Both arms pushing down on the armrests, Yav launched himself out of the chair, vaulted over the left armrest, and calmly followed the two officers out onto the bridge, hearing the news from the bridge crew, about the shields, weapons, sensors, etc.

"Location, Helms?" Jase asked.

"Judging by our last known location and the current stars, Captain," Monk replied, "I'd say somewhere Galactic South-West of Draukyze. That System, up there," Monk pointed out of the forward viewport to the upper right, "Sure looks like the Draukyze System."

Upon seeing the black starfield beyond the windows, Yav unclipped his helmet from the side of his belt, and fitted it over his head, mitigating, at least for himself, the strong smell of coffeine that he had brought onto the bridge with him.

"Good to know, Mr. Monk, that I have a Helms Officer who knows what Star Systems look like from the naked eye," Jason replied, adding to the whole bridge, "Listen up people."

Yav, who was already on the helmet-comm to his astromech counterpart, Deputy, whispered, "Stand by, Buddy" then turned to listen to his Captain.

"Top priority is engines. Inform Chief Engineer Williams, whatever he needs, he has. Equipment, personnel, anything. Second priority is shields; third is sensors and fourth priority is communications. I want all data we have from hyperspace relayed to the Officer's Meeting Room immediately. Commander, please see to these issues and address them accordingly. Security Chief, I need the Luck's Gamble prepped for immediate take-off. I need a crew of two. Pick them personally; their mission is to make it to the Draukyze system, refuel, and make it to Rhen Var to alert our base to our problem. Furthermore Chief, I need a flight of three starfighters prepped for our immediate defense. Patrol duty and escort until we are able to operate on our own. We are on lock-down, Security Chief. We must assume whatever took us out of hyperspace is hostile in intent and will return to board us. We must not allow that. Deploy your security assets accordingly. Commander, the bridge is yours. Communications, ship-wide comm please."

Yav had been about to tell the Artoo unit that he needed it on the hull, filling in for the sensors, but Lasso had made clear what order he wanted things done in. "Deputy, report to Engineering. What, you really think so? Okay, I'll pass that on."

"Your on, Captain," DelPike said.

After a flurry of further exchanges, and the mention of starfighters, Yav called over to Wa Yay.

"Chief Petty Officer, all this talk about shields being offline, can we make sure we have a working magcon before we start opening up the hangar bay?" Yavscout turned to Taab, unsure if his helmet speaker relayed how dubious he felt about what he was about to tell the man. "Security Chief, you can decide what to make of this; Deputy thinks we should find the Captain's droid, Dude, make sure he had nothing to do with any of this."

Hangar

Ler managed to keep his footing as the ship lurched and decelerated, and immediately knew who was likely to need his help first, quickly looking round and up to Kalka'tech on the elevated catwalk!

He was already sprinting across the deck as the Wookiee first fell back against the wall, then rebounded to hit the safety railing with his full weight, as well as some momentum, the two horizontal metal bars at waist and hip height on the technician giving way with a squeal!

The droid's spring-loaded legs allowed it to leap up past the desperately hanging Wookiee, inadvertently headering the dropped shopping bag aside, hauled himself up onto the exposed catwalk, then kneeling down, grasping hold of his technician, and hauling him up to safety.

"You okay?" Ler asked, "You think Sydney would have been able to do that?"

Seated beside the droid with one leg flat, and one knee up, Kalka'tech patted the droid's left shoulder gratefully.

Ellie's voice called up from below, "Hey Kal, rain check ok? I promise."

Not knowing yet that the ship had reverted, Ler ratcheted up his volume and called across the hangar: "Everybody in vacsuits and safety tethers; I don't want to lose anyone in hyperspace!"

Down below, Ellie ignored the command, foisting her duffelbag onto her shoulder and running across to Pilot Officer Tinovorsh's starfighter.

Ler sighed. "What am I going to do with that child?"

"Kkatas. (Kids, eh)." The Wookiee agreed. He struggled to rise without putting any pressure on the broken railing. He would have to ready the Luck's Gamble for departure.

Medbay

Ulrike didn't know what had just occurred.

The jedi had put his arms out, and whilst he, she, and the Cathar remained still, everything a few feet beyond them had suffered a mini tornado.

“Thank…the Force.” Mahaben managed to breath out. “Are you…alright?”

"Am I-" The Nurse started to echo, then stopped herself. She looked up at his bandaged face. "What the feth just happened?"

Crew Cabin

Mary found herself under the the bunk beds behind where she had been sitting, and was disgusted to discover just how badly the tight space had needed a good vacuuming, thick grey dust bunnies adhered to her palms and the front of her silken outfit.

"Everybody okay?" She asked after the others, as she hauled herself along the deck to where she had enough space to rise from the floor.

Rachael righted herself from the bunk she had ended upside-down on, the first of the three to look outside. "We've reverted!"

"No way!" Formal brushed herself down, and cleared the dust from her palms before helping Taycie up into a sitting position.

All three women looked up at the sound of the public address system.

"This is the Captain speaking. We have been removed from hyperspace by a unknown source. No enemy tangos in sight at the moment. We are dead in space, I repeat, we are dead in space. Yellow alert, yellow alert. All Command Staff and Support Staff to the Officer's Meeting Room. Please stand-by for further orders as needed.[/color]"

"I better get to the hangar," Mary decided after a moments thought as to whether she was supposed to be a pilot, or man a gun battery, in a situation like this.

"Engineering, for me." The Williams' offspring announced, stepping off the bed and looking around for her clothes.

Formal stalked over to her locker, pulling out her grey Merc-badged flightsuit, glancing at the Twi'lek, who was still standing in the middle of the room like a lemon. "What about you?"

"I won't know till Watertin calls me. I'm probably one of those who needs to 'stand by for further orders'."

"Get dressed. You alright for underwear?"

"Yes, get dressed." Rachael agreed, tucking her Blob Race t-shirt into her trousers, and looking around for her boots. "Until you get orders to the contrary, you are coming with me to Engineering."

Tayc' nodded. "I better get to my own cabin then, get my stuff."

Tag: Bravo (Wa Yay), greyjedi125 (Mahaben), Bardan_Jusik (Taab)

Bravo and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Bridge, Johnny Boy

It didn't take Taab long to select the personnel needed for both the Combat Air Patrol (CAP) or the advance mission to Rhen Var. To Taab though the priority was the CAP, so he filled that out first. He knew he wanted Winterkill out there. The Nagai was one of the few on ship that Taab truly (well mostly...perhaps somewhat) trusted to keep his wits about him and do what needed to be done to protect the ship, and the Captain. He would clearly lead that element once it launched. Atin and Ben Totter were both members of his flight (One Flight) along with the Skipper, so it would be an easy thing to just order One flight out there to protect the Johnny Boy. The Skipper would know that he was excluded from that as he was needed here.

However, there was a problem with that. As much as Taab wanted Winterkill out there for any potential fight, Taab wanted Atin to stay aboard ship. His feelings weren't any sort of misplaced paternal instinct, he simply wanted another Mandalorian aboard ship in case they were boarded. That meant finding a quick replacement for Scorch on the CAP. Taab's first thought went to Sunri Lasca. The youth had done well back over Craci Prime, and Taab wanted to see what else he could do. Specter and Ace would be able to keep him in line should there be an issue.

The mission to Rhen Var was also easily filled out. Chris Streets would head up that assignment. His rank and knowledge of the base and its personel made that a foregone conclusion. But he would need a pilot to accompany him. Probably Neb who had been filling in with Two flight. Taab was prepared to send out the assignments but paused for a moment. In the chaos everyone might not know where they were supposed to be. He had the roster of the command and support staff in front of him on his HUD. Taab sent it out to the officers and crew as a data pad update.

Command Staff
    • Captain Jason Lasso (human, male, 25 years of age); Bravo
      • Captain of the Johnny Boy
        • Leader of the Mercs
          • Callsign "Quagmire"
    • Commander Yavscout (N/A---Elf---male, unknown age) Sith-I-5
      • Commander, Second-In-Command, of the Johnny Boy
        • Has mysterious powers and a unique skill-set
          • Callsign "Safety"
    • Major Havah Jeth (Arkanian, male, 33 years of age) Mitth_Fisto
      • Third-in-Command of the Johnny Boy; former Squadron Leader.
        • Tactical Officer
          • Callsign "Spook"
    • Chief Medical Officer Russel Cook (human, male, 45 years of age) NPC
      • Chief Medical Officer of the Johnny Boy
        • Former Imperial; Clone Wars veteran doctor
          • Callsign "Doc"
    • Chief of Security Beskaryc Taab (human, male, 50 years of age) Bardan_Jusik
      • Chief of Security (and of Intelligence) of the Johnny Boy
        • Bounty Hunter / Mercenary for Hire
          • Callsign "Ironhand"
    Administrative and Support Services
    • Lieutenant Colonel Chris Street (Chiss, male, 51 years of age) Mitth_Fisto
      • Commands "Outpost Nowhere"
        • Former Commander of the Mercs (and sniper); last of the "Big Three" from Taller's old Clone Wars Command; acts as a aid and council to the Command Staff.
          • Callsign "Eyes"
    • Hanger Chief: Chief Sydney Ayers (human, male, 58 years of age) Vehn
    • Combat Medic: Boras Felroah (Selkath, male, 54 years of age) NPC
      • Callsign "Golden"
    • Chief Engineer: Tim Williams (human, male, 62 years of age) NPC
      • Chief Engineer of the Johnny Boy
        • Has a blaster rifle named "Sandy" that he talks to
          • Callsign Unknown
    • Chef Mr. Biggs (human, male, 42 years of age) NPC
      • Chef of the Johnny Boy
        • Former pirate; recruited at Bespin in 0 BBY
          • Callsign Unknown
    • Mercs' Historical Officer: Nick Skysand (human, male, 15 years of age) Bravo
      • Chief Historical Officer of the Johnny Boy
        • Rescued by Captain Rick Taller from slavers at age 12; been with the Mercs since.
          • Callsign "Butter"
    Jedi Liaisons
    • Jedi Knight Hank (Human, male, 43 years of age) Bravo
      • Jedi Adviser on the Johnny Boy
        • Surviving Jedi Knight from Order 66
          • Callsign Unknown
    • Jedi Prophet Timmy "Old Man Blue" Waters (Human, male, 62 years of age) Bravo
      • Jedi Adviser Johnny Boy
        • A Wander and Outcast from the Jedi Order; has been "listening to the Force" and doing it's will for years
          • Callsign Unknown
    • Jedi Knight Mahaben (Miraluka, male, 47 years of age) greyjedi125
    Kingdom of Jod Liaisons
    • Jedi Master Alexander Zat (human, male, 53 years of age) Bravo
      • Direct Royal Family Liaison; "keeper" of the Ancient Scrolls
        • Surviving Jedi Master of Order 66; former high member of the Jod Church; Outcast from Jod Church and hunted now, protected by the Royal Family
          • Formed the Jod "Elites" to function as elite Jedi assassins for the Jod Church
    • Jedi Assassin / Ninja "He" (Near-Human, male, N/A years of age) Bravo
      • An Elite sent to escort his former master (and Ancient Scrolls) and now sworn enemy Alexander Zat under Royal Family Order
        • Has some yet fully explained history between Lieutenant Colonel Chris Streets and himself from the Unknown Regions
          • Callsign "He"
    • Bridge Officer Bob (human, male, N/A years of age) Sith-I-5
      • Official Military Liaison between Merc and Kingdom of Jod forces
        • Has served aboard the Authority, Johnny Boy, Sword of Justice, and now the Delicate Delinquent
          • Callsign "Bob"
    • Lieutenant Zotoman (human, male, N/A years of age) Sith-I-5
      • Kingdom of Jod Liaison between Merc, Block prisoners, and Kingdom of Jod forces
    Guardians Squadron
    Starfighter Squadron
    ****Colors on [Guardian] labels denote the Flight your attached to. Blue is One flight, green is Two Flight, orange is Three flight***
    • [Guardian One/Lead] Captain Jason Lasso (human, male, 25 years of age); T-65 X-Wing Space Superiority Fighter Bravo
      • Captain of the Johnny Boy/Squadron Commander.
        • Leader of the Mercs
          • Callsign "Quagmire"
    • [Guardian Two]Pilot Officer Atin Taab (human, male, 15 years of age); T-65 X-Wing Space Superiority Fighter Bardan_Jusik
      • Starfighter Pilot with the Mercs as of shortly before the Battle for Port Haven
        • Father is Taab
          • Callsign "Scorch"
    • [Guardian Three] Flight Lieutenant Winterkill (Nagai, male, 23 years of age); T-65 X-Wing Space Superiority Fighter greyjedi125
          • Callsign "Specter"
    • [Guardian Four] Pilot Officer Benjamin Totter (human, male, 29 years of age); T-65 X-Wing Space Superiority Fighter NPC
      • Former Ace Imperial TIE Pilot; now a drunk
          • Callsign "Ace"
    • [Guardian Five] Commander Yavscout (N/A---Elf---male, unknown age) Modified N-1 Starfighter Sith-I-5
      • Commander, Second-In-Command, of the Johnny Boy
        • Has mysterious powers and a unique skill-set
          • Callsign "Safety"
    • [Guardian Six] Pilot Officer Tiaca (Terellian Jango Jumper, female, 27 years of age); T-65 X-Wing Space Superiority Fighter Mitth_Fisto
      • Bounty Hunter
          • Callsign "Tiss/Reco"
    • [Guardian Seven] Pilot Officer Masha Tinovorsh (Human, female, 24 years of age); Z-95 Headhunter variant Heavy_Isotope
          • Callsign "Edge"
    • [Guardian Eight]
    • [Guardian Nine] Major Havah Jeth (Arkanian, male, 33 years of age) T-65 X-Wing Space Superiority Fighter Mitth_Fisto
      • Third-in-Command of the Johnny Boy; former Squadron Leader. Three Flight lead
        • Tactical Officer
          • Callsign "Spook"
    • [Guardian Ten]
    • [Guardian Eleven] Pilot Officer Sunri Lasca (Human, male, 22 years of age); Modified Aurek class Tactical Strike Fighter SkywalkerT_-65
          • Callsign "Sunny"
    • [Guardian Twelve] Pilot Office Kannari Oshi (Cathar, female, 30 years of age);T-65 X-Wing Space Superiority Fighter jedi_padawan_leigh
          • Callsign unknown
    Shuttle Pilots and Reserve Pilots
    Act as shuttle pilots and reserve starfighter pilots when they are needed. Generally serve as "Jack of All Trades" positions and are skilled in various aspects needed by the Mercs.

• Chief of Security Beskaryc Taab (human, male, 50 years of age) Bardan_Jusik
      • Chief of Security (and of Intelligence) of the Johnny Boy
        • Bounty Hunter / Mercenary for Hire/Captains the Crusader. Guardian 13
          • Callsign "Ironhand"
    • Pilot Officer Havoc Neb (Sullustan, male, 31 years of age)NPC
      • A Freelance mercenary for years that made a small profitable empire....until his modified TIE Bomber was stolen and all his credits gone with it; he seeks to rebuild his profits with the Mercs, buy a long range ship, and travel back to his secret hideout to start over again.
        • Guardian 14
          • Callsign "Slick"
    • Pilot Officer Seira Trasks (human, female, 37 years of age); NPC
      • Recruited at Skip One
        • Former bounty hunter Guardian 15
          • Callsign "Rogue"
    • Crewperson Mary Formal (Arcateenian, female, 242 years of age) NPC
      • New pilot with the Mercs as of the Battle for Port Haven
        • Flies the Luck's Gamble and acts as a reserve starfighter pilot and commando. Guardian 16
          • Callsign "Live Free or Die Hard"
    • Pilot Officer Connor Harrison (Human, male, 37 years of age); Jedi General Gelderd
        • Guardian 17
    Important Non-Player Characters
    NPCs for the Johnny Boy; others are colored respectfully

• Bridge; Top ranking Non-commissioned Officer and Sensors Officer: Wa Yay (Gossam, female, 39 years old)
    • Bridge; Chief Helms Officer: Andrew 'Guitar' Monk (Human, male, 27 years old)
    • Bridge; Helms Co-Pilot: Jityar 'Drums' Ba'tar (Gungan, male, 27 years old)
    • Bridge; Captain's Personal Assistant: Dak (M-3PO military protocol droid)
    • Medical; Nurse: Ulrike (Human, female, 30 years old)
    • Medical; Nurse: Natalie Cunnings (Human,female, 28 years old)
    • Hanger; Lead Hanger Tech: Ler (LE-series repair droid)
    • Hanger; Hanger Tech: Kalka'tech(Wookiee, male, Unknown)
    • Hanger; Hanger Tech: Talka'pa (Wookiee, male, Unknown)
    • Hanger; Hanger Tech: Alo'zhan Ghevar (Pho Ph'eahian, male, 39 years old)
    • Hanger/Engineering, Crewman Elizabeth "Ellie" Hart (Human female, 19 years old) Hanger and Engineering support/tech
    • Engineering; Rachael Williams (Human,female, Unknown). Daughter of Chief Engineer Tim Williams
    • General Crew (Boatswain, Deck Hand); Charlie Watertin (Human, male, 33 years old)
    • Security; Zhoul Al'Kesh (Devaronian, male, 29 years old)
    That done, he went back to his primary task, but before he could the Commander interrupted him. "Security Chief, you can decide what to make of this; Deputy thinks we should find the Captain's droid, Dude, make sure he had nothing to do with any of this."

Taab looked hard at the Elf from behind his T-Visor, though he doubted the man knew it. A droid did this? Taab shook his head, they had other priorities right now. "Let's get things squared away here first and look for answers later." Taab's job was to protect the Captain and the ship. Regardless of the reasoning behind this incident, the ship was vulnerable right now and measures had to be taken to protect it.

Now a message came in from the flight deck. Masha, Edge, was ready for launch. Taab grunted to himself. She had not been ordered to flight status and yet there she was, one of the first to report in. Taab thought about it for a moment. The girl, woman, had been through quite an experience for her back on Craci Prime. This hop might allow her to clear her mind and get back in the game. Well as long as she didn't let her fangs hang out too much. Of course he wasn't concerned for her mental well being from a personal standpoint, he couldn't care less if she lost it.

However she was an asset aboard ship, and he didn't want to see that asset squandered because of a single incident. He assigned her to to CAP flight and reassigned Sunri to the mission to Rhen Var as pilot for the Luck's Gamble. He commed out to the hanger deck.

"Edge, this is the bridge. Standby."

Then he sent out the flight assignments.

"Winterkill, Tinovorsh and Totter report to the flight deck for CAP duty. Priority is protection of the ship. Winterkill has command of the CAP."

He paused as he broke the transmission and commed out again. "Lieutenant Colonel Streets and Pilot Officer Lasca report to the Luck's Gamble. Your mission parameters will be waiting for you there." He then data squirted the Rhen Var mission assignment as laid out by the Skipper to the computers on the Luck's Gamble. Satisfied that things on his end were thus far under control Taab looked over the security station to ensure that everything was squared away on that end as well. He knew he had to be in the officer's briefing room but that could wait until the CAP was in the air and the ship was locked down.

TAG: Bravo, Sith-I-5, Mitth_Fisto, greyjedi125, Heavy Isotope, Skywalker_T-65

OOC: Obviously some of the roster isn't filled out as those characters haven't officially joined the Mercs yet. Once they do I'll get an updated version of the roster out there for everyone.

Johnny Boy hanger deck

"Read my mind," Edge had replied before sprinting off down to the hanger bay. Atin took off after her, not thinking to report in that they were OK or with an update as to where they were headed. Along the way they passed numerous members of the security team. They were no longer concerned with a security sweep but looked to be readying the ship for a baording action. Wonderful, it looked like by the time they reached their fighters it may be too late for them to do anything.

When they did arrive though the scene was utter chaos. No one seemed to know just what had happened, but at least it looked like an attempted boarding wasn't imminent. Good, they had time to prep their fighters then.

Atin looked over to Edge and was surprised to see her stripping down. He felt his heart race a little as he watched a little too closely, hoping that no one would notice. He stood there for a moment, admiring the view, before shaking his head and getting back to business. He found a deck hand who was looking at him with a bemused expression on his face. "Just get my fighter ready," he barked at the human.

Fortunately Atin flew wearing his beskar'gam, so he had no need to change into a pilot's uniform. A boarding gantry was rolled over to his X-wing as the plane captain went over it's avionics and internals. Atin clambered up the side, patting his R2 unit, Specialist, on top of its domed head before sitting down in fighter's rather cramped cockpit. He placed his bucket over his head and synced it with the fighter's targeting computer. He was ready.

"Winterkill, Tinovorsh and Totter report to the flight deck for CAP duty. Priority is protection of the ship. Winterkill has command of the CAP." The message came through and Atin's heart sank. Specter and Ace (and Captain Lasso) were members of Atin's flight. The young Mandalorian hadn't expected the Captain to be sent out for a CAP assignment, but why had he been bumped for Edge?

"Flight control, this is Scorch. I am ready for launch"

His father's voice came back to him. "Scorch, this is security. Stand down. Report to the armory and draw a weapon for security duty." Atin's eyes flashed as he removed his bucket and threw it to the deck. This was bantha fodder and he was going to make sure that his father knew it.

TAG: Anyone on the flight deck that may have witnessed Atin's temper tantrum.

[​IMG]

Bravo, Sith-I-5 and greyjedi125 like this.
  22. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Chris Streets
    Johhny Boy, Private Quarters.

Rest was such a special thing, even if you couldn't sleep it was nice to just lay back and relax in a hammock. The fact he had one set up in his small quarters was a small feat, but nothing a couple of magna-clamps with free moving ball bearing and a bit of taunt tow line couldn't fix. When the Johhny Boy lurched, causing the calming view out his window to change, Streets had quickly grabbed the edges of the hammock and dug his heels into the lips on either side. So instead of a wild tumbling ride he got to experience a low tech worlds laundries spin cycle.

When the hammock stopped spinning, well at least the section he was clinging to for dear life, he found himself on the wrong side of the hammock with the floor a little over a meter below him. "Note to self. Set up hammock to rest closer to the floor during ship travels." With an awkward release twist to free his feet, he soon was banging his knees, then hands on the unrelenting deck. A quick look out the window showed his view of hyperspace was back to the cold void. "Bummer." he sighed.

The captains announcement soon blared on the overhead as Streets set about getting properly geared up in his dark combat fatigues. A simple load out and a trip to security would be called for.

About five steps out of his quarters he got a comm'd update that he was to do a Rhen Vhar mission run. Meant the ship was in worse shape than he had thought. Still it was along his current heading so, security then shuttle. He wasn't about to leave ship without his gear.

TAG: Any on the way ;)

23. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Hangar Bay, Johnny Boy

"Edge, this is the bridge. Standby," the Elder Taab's familiar voice came over the comms, "Winterkill, Tinovorsh and Totter report to the flight deck for CAP duty. Priority is protection of the ship. Winterkill has command of the CAP."

"Roger, Edge standing by for Winterkill," she replied. "Hey Ellie scoot over," Masha said as she stood up, putting her cigarette case and lighter back in their compartment. Ellie moved aside, sitting on the side of the fuselage, allowing Masha to descend the ladder.

"Keep an eye on 'er."

"Aye aye Cap'n," Ellie replied with a casual salute, focused on using her datapad to upload the flight command data from Taab into the ship's computer. Masha walked by Atin's fighter, the clatter of his helmet hitting the ground made her heart jump, trying to keep her cool she stopped and turned to him. Shifting her weight on one leg and putting her hand on her hip she looked over to him, "I heard you weren't put on the CAP," she used her other hand to make a gun gesture, "we'll get 'em next time, boyo."

Masha gave a slight smile then continued on to the pilot's ready area to wait for Winterkill and Totter. She still had the extinguished cigarette butt between her fingers, stuffing it in her cargo pocket when she realized it.

Sitting down she took a drink from her flight harness' hydration pack.

After what happened on that caravel... Masha hated waiting. At least aboard the Johnny Boy she felt safe. Mostly...

TAGS: Bardan_Jusik, greyjedi125, Sith-I-5 or Bravo (for Totter)

24. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Aboard the Johnny Boy

It was a good thing he’d made a quick pit stop to his quarters. Almost as soon as he’d retrieved his datapad, his instructions came through.

[Winterkill, Tinovorsh and Totter report to the flight rack for CAP duty. Priority is protection of the ship. Winterkill has command of the CAP.]

The nagai raised an eyebrow for a brief second. He had not been expecting that, given his extended absence and the presence of capable pilots within the Mercs' roster. He would have objected, but the fact that the flight orders came from Chief Taab himself, made all the difference.

After fighting beside Mandalorians during the liberation of Nagi against the much hated Tof invaders, Winterkill grew to understand a measure of mandalorian efficiency. Not only did he admire it a great deal, he’d adapted almost all of what he’d learned into his being…and with good reason. They had been the ones to liberate him from the Tof prison camp.

Aliit ori’shya tal’din. It was a mandalorian saying which he’d never forget. ‘Family is more than blood.’ This was true for the mandalorians as it was for the nagai. It reflected how he felt about the Mercs, although he’d never openly express it. Actions spoke much louder than words.

He’d been put in charge of the CAP, because the Chief and the Captain trusted his abilities and skills, despite his recent history. There was no way he would let them down, himself or his crew mates. Winterkill had been meaning to ‘test’ himself and his flight skills; this was as good a time as any.

[Roger that, Command.] He replied as he made his way to the hangar.

Havah Jeth and Winterkill went their separate ways, as the arkanian’s presence was required in the Officer’s Meeting Room. As for himself, he rushed to the pilots locker room and quickly changed into his old gray flight suit. It was almost surreal seeing his name still on it.

Tinovorsh and Totter. Pilots Edge and Ace respectively. Winterkill had briefly scanned several of the pilots files sometime after his return. He knew none of them, personally or otherwise, save for what their records revealed, which was not much besides trivia when you thought about it. This would be his first time meeting and interacting with other tenured Merc pilots. As long as everyone was on the same page in regards to the CAP, he really couldn't foresee any issues.

As expected, the hangar bay was full of activity, but Winterkill walked on unperturbed as he made his way to the star fighters. From his vantage point, he could see two pilots interacting. Edge and Scorch, that being Masha and Atin, the latter who didn’t look very pleased about something. In that moment, it clicked.

Young Taab had not been assigned to flight duty by the Chief. If this was his reaction, then Winterkill couldn’t say he was displeased with junior Taab not coming along. The last thing he wanted was one or more of his pilots to be distracted during a flight op…or worse; for something to happen to the Chief’s son under his command.

As he passed the young mandalorian, Winterkill offered him an honest and respectful nod.

As he drew closer to the pilot’s ready area , he flagged down a deck hand. “Run a pre-launch check on her.” he said, gesturing to the X-Wing he was assigned to. He couldn’t help to notice that it had zero kills, which came as no surprise. For the briefest moment, the nagai allowed himself to reminisce on his lost Star Viper, which was a gift from the mandalorians. His piloting ability with that ship had been quite uncanny. Nyx, the slaved onboard AI and the Star Viper, served him well to the very end. He would miss them, yes, but such sentiment were best revisited during ale-filled revelries at planet-side pleasure houses, and not before a mission.

Now, it was the T-65 X-Wing’s turn to serve and make history. He certainly hoped the ‘superiority’ monicker was not simply a claim to just sell ships.

To the X-Wing’s assigned astro-mech droid, which he had dubbed ‘Ghast’, he sent a message. [Commence pre-fight checks. Report when complete.]

Upon arrival, his dark eyes fell upon Masha. From what he could determine, she seemed cool and collected and most of all, ready for the mission. Not to mention she'd been the first one to arrive on the flight deck.

“Flight Lieutenant Winterkill.” The nagai said, announcing himself and by way of introduction to Masha, for the first time, officially or other. Winterkill also offered a perfunctory salute to his fellow pilot.

Seeing pilot Edge drinking brought to mind a detail regarding Benjamin Totter. It was a footnote in his file regarding a personal matter.

Hmmm.

A dark eyebrow went up as he looked at his chrono.

“Any idea as to where pilot Ace might be?”

It was a fair question for the most part. After all, the orders had come from Chief Taab himself, not to mention they were under alert. And from what he knew of the captain, he’d want the fighters launched with the greatest urgency, given the fact that the Johnny Boy was a defenseless sitting target dead in the middle of space.

The man had 20 seconds, before a call was made to inquire as to his location. That seemed fair enough, all things considered.

Tag: @Heavy Isotope, @ (Totter), @Bardan_Jusik, @Bravo

IC: Mahaben
    Johnny Boy, MedBay

With one glance, Mahaben was able to determine that the cathar was unharmed and simply continued her detoxification process, thanks to Force and some quick thinking. There was little to be done about the equipment that had actually fallen on the floor or crashed against walls. Some would have to be repaired, others replaced, at least in his unofficial estimation.

“What the feth just happened?” Nurse Ulrike had inquired. He couldn’t blame her for her level of excitement. The first time he had experience something similar, it was under much different circumstances. By enlarge, no one really believed the rumors that the Separatist had discovered what was dubbed as ‘Interdiction Technology’. Such was largely considered to be mere war time ‘propaganda’, a campaign to sow doubt within the Republic High Command.

No one was laughing when propaganda revealed itself to be terrible truth.

So what indeed had just occurred? Either the ship’s hyperspace actuators had malfunctioned, or something else entirely was happening. Either way, the jolt and lurching after-effect were not to be mistaken.

Speaking as calmly an as casually as possible, Mahaben ventured a response.

“My best guess…” He said as a preface, “It would seem that we’ve experienced an unscheduled drop from hyperspace.”

The ex-jedi paused for a moment, not only to allow the nurse a chance to add her own thoughts, but also to ‘feel’ if there was anything else forthcoming through the Force.

“Perhaps we should inquire about it?” He suggested.

Now it was his turn to wipe the heavily perspiring cathar. He did note that her breathing came much easier now, which was a definite sign that the detoxification process was nearly over.

Good, that was very good indeed.

Tag: @Sith-I-5

Bardan_Jusik and Sith-I-5 like this.
  25. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Hangar bay, Johnny Boy

“Flight Lieutenant Winterkill,” a familiar pale near human said, Masha recognized him, seeing him here and there around the ship. Winterkill gave her a salute, she stood up and returned the gesture with a more crisp and practiced action, "Lieutenant, Pilot Officer Tinovorsh, call sign Edge."

Winterkill checked his chrono, “Any idea as to where pilot Ace might be?”

"Negative, I never met 'em," she said, sitting back down, "My fighter's good to go. You gotten any intel on what we could be expecting?"