main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Intervention: Echoes in Eternity (An Original Trilogy Game; Always taking new players!!!)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bravo, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Commander Yavscout, Deputy the Astromech, N-1 starfighter, the Tunare

The elf watched the metal ball drop through the hangar shields, and unusually for himself, his mind drifted a bit, building on the Captain's assumption that they were not rocket scientists, imagining what the pirates were thinking, spotting its appearance on the field of battle:

Pirate One: That's no moon, that's a space station.

Pirate Two: It's too small to be space station.

"Come to that," Yav murmured, "it's too small to be a moons as well."

Doo-weet-do-woot-woot The querying whistle brought him back, and Yav spotted the green Aurabesh translation crossing the screen on the control board in front of him.

"Uh, nothing." Yav transmitted to the other two. "Let's go. We can follow the ball to initially hide from enemy sensors, then make a run for the pirate ship."

He activated the Tunare's repulsors, the deck dropping away as the snubship floated from the deck.
    The N-1 proceeded slowly over the deck, and banked through the square aperture, nosing after the rolling fuel tank.

Plasma fire from the JB's quads streamed past towards the pirates, turning the blackness of space into an impressive light show.

So, what's the plan? scrolled across the screen.

"We're going to land on her hull, then I'll get out and create a covert entry into the ship."

Are you insane? Deputy queried.

Yavscout was long accustomed to discussing ideas with the droid. It tended to detect flaws that he had overlooked. "You do not approve?"

Can you not see the Johnny Boy shooting at the ship? If we park on her hull, the Tunare will get destroyed!

"That's why you are bringing the Tunare back to the Johnny Boy after I'm gone."

The controls and holographic readouts were mainly lit up in friendly yellows and greens, consistent with Naboo tastes and sensibilities. So it was fairly noticeable when most of the items turned grey, except the translation screen, which still a black rectangle.

"Err, controls are dead, Deputy." Yav tapped at screens and several buttons, the action with increasing urgency. "Did we get hit with something?"

Ahead of them, the slowly rolling fuel tank seemed to move aside as the N-1 nosed to the right of it, giving him a clear view of the Munifex-class light cruiser. An impressive fireball flashed underneath the cruiser, and two white specks that he recognised as X-Wings passed under the hostile.

I have locked out your controls. scrolled.

"Why?"

Primarily? You're a dipstick. I'm landing us inside the hangar. Soon as I figure out where the hangar is.

"Well, don't take too long; it's getting hairy out here." Yavscout figured he was taking this development rather calmly, but he and the droid had worked together a fair while.

The cruiser grew larger as they closed on it.

Tag: Mitth_Fisto, Bardan_Jusik, Heavy Isotope, greyjedi125

greyjedi125 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  2. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Aidan Dodd
    Blood Moon - Hyperspace, En-route to Draukyze.

Blood Moon is currently travelling West along the Lesser Cronese Arc towards Derellium, from where I intend to follow the Greater Cronese Arc and intersect with the Perlemian at Arcan. Although a minor Hyperlane, it's more direct.

With me, Vacks, 'Grim', 'Mister Stupidity' and a pair of Battledroids all in the cockpit or front of the cabin, seating is now non-existant and space at a premium!

As Vacks delivers his history lesson and sales pitch, I listen with interest. Not at all bad; if I hadn't already decided to join up with the Mercs (if they'll have me) I'd certainly be thinking long and hard about it.

Although I've got my own two-decicreds to say about the Pirate attack, I hold fire until I've heard everyone else out.

"I’m on board.", 'Grim' is first to reply. He doesn't sound too enthusiastic about it, nor has he removed his 'Bucket', like Vacks and I have both done, but then his day has been turned upside-down twice in a rather short space of time!

His words are followed by 'Mister Stupidity' stating more-or-less the same. I'm not too keen on him mistaking who Blood Moon's Captain actually is, but I decide to let it ride.

Just then we're interrupted by our stowaway suddenly dropping out of the airlock's lower hatch and declaring; "I want to help the Mercs.... I can pilot a little, I'm not bad with mechanics, and I've written my own security system. That's what I can bring as a person."

"Welcome," I reply, "Please make yourself as comfortable as possible, Thought I'd need to announce I was intending to purge the airlock!.... Only joking!", I add with a chuckle; "And, yes, I did know you'd come aboard and where you'd hidden yourself!

Our friend here."
    ; I nod in Vacks' direction, but don't name him in case the bounty on his head proves too much of a temptation; "makes good points.

Protecting the ordinary people was my motivation for signing up with the Imperial Military. Most of the rank-and-file probably still believe that the Empire is all about protecting the citizens. They haven't seen, up close and personal, the excesses. Some of those that have seen the excesses for themselves probably still believe what they're hearing from the higher-ups. Military training conditions people to do that.

For my part, I'll be joining the Mercs, if they'll have me. I don't necessarily want to see the Empire brought down but if it can't be radically reformed and brought back to what it should be, that'll have to happen.

What I can bring to the Mercs are the skills and knowledge of an Intelligence-trained, Paramilitary-type, Field Operative. I've had five years experience of Operations that were too sensitive to be allowed to make the HoloNews and/or did not, officially, ever happen. I'm also a decent Sniper and non-combat pilot with some knowledge of the Communications, Demolitions and Combat Medicine fields.

I agree with our friend about the Pirate attack. In my professional opinion we only saw Part One of a two or three part operation; the part we saw being intended only to thin out defensive assets and attract the survivors away from the area of the main event; leave them short on fuel too. Well, we're not going to be able to influence future events on or around Algor, but I did what I could to ring the alarm bells. I sent a tight-beam burst-transmission to both the Garrison and 'Warrant', the ISD II-class, as we lifted. What worries me is the opposition not seeming at all concerned about one of the newest and most powerful Fleet Units being on-scene; almost as if they have an asset or assets with enough firepower to take her right out of play quickly.

My real name is Aidan Dodd, originally from Agamar; I usually go by 'Snake' when I'm working. Perhaps my three most recent acquaintances could introduce themselves?"

TAG: Intervention, galactic-vagabond422, Laine_Snowtrekker, Uriel Manteroni.

Uriel Manteroni likes this.
  3. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Owen Byrne
    On board the Skipray, heading to Draukyze

Owen had sent a message to R to follow the Skipray in the Anvil. Maybe A’den sent it the coordinates. Owen hoped he did, even though the former Stromtrooper couldn’t pilot a landspeeder, he had become attached to the Y-Wing and the astromech. Owen’s head snapped to the sound of feet hitting the deck, on instinct he reached for his sidearm. His mind froze; the stowaway was the girl from the bank.

"I want to help the Mercs....” She said hands above her head. “I can pilot a little, I'm not bad with mechanics, and I've written my own security system. That's what I can bring as a person." Owen set his jaw, sure the Mercs sounded like a decent group but, it was still dangerous work they did, no place for a young girl. He went to say that they should drop her off somewhere. Before he could say anything A’den interrupted,

"Welcome," He said, "Please make yourself as comfortable as possible, Thought I'd need to announce I was intending to purge the airlock!.... Only joking!", He added with a chuckle; "And, yes, I did know you'd come aboard and where you'd hidden yourself!” Owen fist clenched, A’den knew she was on board and still let him in the ship. What was this man trying to do, make Owen feel guiltier? A’den gave a speech of his own about his original motivations for joining the Empire and his qualifications. “My real name is Aidan Dodd, originally from Agamar; I usually go by 'Snake' when I'm working. Perhaps my three most recent acquaintances could introduce themselves?" The young man hesitated. He had just met these people, and was not ready to share too much but, they were being honest. He reached up and removed his helmet and tucked it under his left arm. His brown hair was shaved on the sides and back of his head leaving the top a bit longer than the rest, this was a standard hair cut for the military. It was also more comfortable under the ‘Bucket’ than long hair. Owen couldn’t be sure what his face looked like but, he knew he didn’t get the nickname ‘Grim’ from his upbeat disposition.

“My name is Owen Byrne, from Carida, I prefer to be called Grim when on mission. I became a Stromtrooper because I felt I had no choice. My father expected me to be a soldier from when I was very young. After seeing the depths of the Empire’s depravity and apathy I left. I have heavy weapons training, advanced hand-to-hand combat training, and have some experience with blaster repair and field medicine.” He turned to the girl. “Mam’ I apologize for striking you I didn’t see any other option, please forgive me.” He bowed his head.
    TAG: Laine_Snowtrekker Tim Battershell Uriel Manteroni Intervention

4. Uriel Manteroni

Uriel Manteroni Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 24, 2014
    IC: Uriel Manteroni
    On Skipray to Draukyze,
    Thought; speech, action, NPC, PC.

The hatch almost hits Uriel. What is startled and jumps back, almost hitting Owen. The interior of the Blood Moon was not a presidential suite!

Then the young girl who appeared says:
    Well, she does not know where she's getting into. But one thing is undeniable: this girl seems to be very brave ... What will be your story?Then the Imperial Officer begins to describe his opinions in his speech. Uriel realizes he is who is the captain of Skipray. Aidan then concluded:
    Well, now it is the presentation session. Do I say my real name and real resume?

Uriel looks to Owen, the Ex-Captain (Vack) and for the girl, then Uriel decides to not tell the truth in any way ... Better think I'm stupid ... after all ... those who have little, it is little required.

"My name is Ricardo Hatson. I am from Corelia, I am a merchant of relics. I have little skill with weapons and do not know fly, I leave this task to the central computer of my ship."(hahah ... my flight instructors must be twitching in his grave)." I dislike the Empire" (only true), "and whoever does not like the Empire is my buddy."

So I'm here to help with anything you need.

TAG: @Intervention, @galactic-vagabond422, @Laine_Snowtrekker, Tim Battershell

Sith-I-5 and Tim Battershell like this.
  5. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    IC: Evalynne Smith
    Aboard the Blood Moon

When she'd dropped out of the airlock, plant-pirate's hand had gone toward his sidearm, and when she'd spoken, his shoulders had seemed to tighten. Not surprising, though, him being here. No, the person whose presence was surprising was McShouty, who jumped out of the way. The intel then officially welcome her aboard, made a 'joke' about purging the airlock, and launched into a long speech adding onto what the Mercs' man had said.

"My real name is Aidan Dodd, originally from Agamar; I usually go by 'Snake' when I'm working," he said. "Perhaps my three most recent acquaintances could introduce themselves?"

What to say? Should she give them her real name? Or her entire name? If they thought her too young, or disdained women like the Empire did, they could just use her name to find out she'd run away and send her back. Unless she told them that.

Plant-pirate was the first to speak. “My name is Owen Byrne, from Carida, I prefer to be called Grim when on mission. I became a Stromtrooper because I felt I had no choice. My father expected me to be a soldier from when I was very young. After seeing the depths of the Empire’s depravity and apathy I left. I have heavy weapons training, advanced hand-to-hand combat training, and have some experience with blaster repair and field medicine.”

That...that explained a lot. Unfair parental expectations always got her sympathy.

He then turned to her. “Mam’ I apologize for striking you I didn’t see any other option, please forgive me.” He bowed his head.

He's very contrite for someone trained as a trooper. She nodded toward him and was about to speak when McShouty spoke. "My name is Ricardo Hatson. I am from Corellia, I am a merchant of relics. I have little skill with weapons and do not know fly, I leave this task to the central computer of my ship. I dislike the Empire, and whoever does not like the Empire is my buddy."

Evalynne supposed that made it her turn. "I'm Evalynne Smith," she said. "Swifts is my racing name. You already heard what I think are my strengths. I left home partially because the Empire isn't what it claims to be and partially because my parents expected me to be someone I'm not. But the person I am is someone who can help the Mercs out." She looked at Owen. She might have misjudged the dynamic within the pirate groups and the situation in the bank but apparently she hadn't misjudged him. In another situation he may not have hit her. Besides, if he was going to be a Merc and she was going to be a Merc, they'd have to eventually trust each other on some level. "You rattled me a bit, but I think I'll be fine. You're forgiven."

TAG: Tim Battershell, Intervention, galactic-vagabond422, Uriel Manteroni

Sith-I-5 and Uriel Manteroni like this.
  6. Uriel Manteroni

Sep 24, 2014
    On Skipray to Draukyze,

Evalynne tries to reinforce its importance to the cause of justice that Vacks says.
    Uriel supposes that the look of the beautiful girl at Owen was something else (love or friendship?) ... Uriel look at Aidan and think: Hmmm we have a loving conflict here ... ahhaha ...

"Well, now that we're all properly presented. We can leave aside the formalities and maybe Captain offers us some food."

"Do not know about you, but my last meal was yesterday ..."

"I have a Jhantorian Wine on my ship, the last harvest of the Planet Lianna, I stole ... ahmm ... I mean ... I bought on Corellia." Uriel get awkwardly to his new teammates. Heck!! Sometimes it's hard to pretend to be an honest person ...

"This wine in this vintage is a true perfection. If you want I can offer it to our dinner!"

TAG: @Intervention, @galactic-vagabond422, @Laine_Snowtrekker, @Tim Battershell

7. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012

The proverb goes; "A beginning is a very delicate time." but at least this one has passed off well enough.

Owen Byrne's tale (minus the parental expectation) matches mine in many regards. Heavy weapons and unarmed combat training should prove useful to the Mercs. His apology to the young woman for roughing her up is a gentlemanly thing, too.

How much of Ricardo Hatson's (if that's even his real name) tale is actually true is open to question. Why lie about his weapons' proficiency when he's already given ample proof that he was anything but unskilled, speed and accuracy wise, back in that Algor bank? A one-off could be put down to beginner's luck, if 'luck' even exists, but not three examples in a row. Of course, some people are habitual liars, every time, everywhere, about any subject.... Not really my problem, other than the fact he's on my ship, but I make a mental note to warn Vacks and whoever gets assigned to checking me out if/when we meet up with the Mercs.

That leaves Evalynne Smith. Another fairly standard complaint about parental expectations, it seems.

Before either Vacks or I can speak again 'Ricardo Hatson' starts in about getting fed and offering to provide wine for the meal from his own stocks. I've never heard of the Label, but it sounds fairly expensive. Also, if he hasn't eaten since yesterday, does that mean he's no food aboard his own ship? One classification of being would be highly likely to re-supply with wine but forget to purchase food, namely an alcoholic!

First things first, though....

"Owen, as you're Heavy Weapons trained, would you mind taking over the Turret Gunner's position?", I point to the appropriate seat, "Evalynne, would you replace our friend here at Sensors/Missiles while Ricardo takes the Comms/Shields station? That should let everyone sit down, at least!". Accordingly, I instruct the B1s to vacate their seats and fold themselves up somewhere out of the way.

"I wasn't expecting so many guests, so you may find the menu a little limited as to selection; but we've got adequate supplies, so no one will starve. Just self-heating food packs, I'm afraid, the designers kind of forgot to include a galley!"

OOC: (1) "A beginning is a very delicate time." Princess Irulan: 'Dune'

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  8. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Aboard the Blood Moon

McShouty gave her an odd look but then started talking about wine. No way in the galaxy would she be touching the stuff. And she wasn't feeling hungry quite yet anyway. More tired and sore than anything else.

Before anyone answered, Aidan spoke: "Evalynne, would you replace our friend here at Sensors/Missileswhile Ricardo takes the Comms/Shields station?"

Evalynne nodded, and after the droid vacated its spot, she sat at the indicated console. A whole bank of little screens and readouts and dials. Just a bit more complicated than a swoop. But, thankfully, things seemed to be labeled. So unless Aidan had rewired his ship to ward off anyone who tried to steal it, it wasn't going to be hard to figure out how to tell what was what. And it seemed like pretty standard, and she was glad Jasan's dad had started showing her the ropes on his slightly souped-up freighter.

TAG: Intervention, Tim Battershell, galactic-vagabond422, Uriel Manteroni

Tim Battershell likes this.
  9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Norrathianised Honey Bees, Nurse Ulrike, Johnny Boy command deck, Medical (deck two)

On the command deck above the bridge, around the two seats currently occupied by Captain Jason Lasso and his administrative droid, Dak, a carpet of yellow-and-black striped insects reappeared as Camouflage wore off.

There was no sound or movement from them yet, as the stun blast that their tiny bodies had absorbed, was still in effect.

Medical

Nurse Ulrike's eyes fluttered open to see the single glowrod in the ceiling immediately above the medical bed that she lay on.

Initially wincing against the strident alarms echoing through the ship, though somewhat muffled by the blast doors, she simply accepted then ignored them.

She ran herself through some trial movements of her head and limbs; nothing fell off, or hurt too much, though the top of her skull had a dull ache.

She swung so that she was perpendicular to the bed, and her stockinged feet were hanging off the side and close to the deck.

No-one told her to lay down, so she had a good look around, seeing what had become of her normal workplace while she had been unconscious.

There were three beds in Medical altogether, not counting the isolation area. She was on one, the unconscious Doctor Cooke and Warrant taking up the other two.
    The former Rebel had a white dressing over one eye, and looked like an adult Huhk had kicked the sith out of him.

There were several mattresses on the floor, either unused or holding other patients, several medical droids, and Combat Medic Boras seeing to their needs.

Ulrike jumped off the bed, and must have hissed in pain at the impact on the hard floor against the thin material of her tights. "Where in Oseon are my shoes?" She glanced up at Boras, and swayed a bit, grabbing at the bed's hard mattress to steady herself. "Doc, I'm gonna...I'm gonna go sit in the Doctor's Office, free up the bed for someone more deserving."

Arms out to the sides for balance, she tiptoed between the mattresses on the floor to reach the open doorway to the office, rounded the desk, and collapsed gratefully into his chair, nodding forwards to the point that her nose hit the top of the desk!

"Ow."

A female-sounding voice from the doorway asked, "Are you alright?"

Ulrike did not look up from the desk. She was drained. "I'm fine. Who are you?"

"Bali. Security Unit Four. My partner Pearce and I are guarding Medical, in case we get boarded, and in case some of those sabotage droids turn up."

"Cool." Ulrike had a flash of memory, identifying who this Bali was. Short, serious femme with a black pony tail, pale features, possibly a former Naboo Royal handmaiden? "Thanks."

Tag: Master Selkath

Master Selkath likes this.
  10. Uriel Manteroni

Sep 24, 2014
    On Skipray to Draukyze,

"If Captain orders, I obey."

"I like very much food packs !! Very much nutritious and little tasty." Uriel says smiling and heading to his post, in this moviment comes very close to Owen and says whispering:

"Well friend, please remember that you owe me? Well, later we will charge a bird." Uriel said firmly looking into the eyes of Owen, demonstrating for the first time his true personality (ie, if Owen has a strong feeling.)

Uriel sits at the console and says: "Captain!!, when you want the wine, just order me and I will get."

Uriel is made a fool of again. He turns to the instruments. It were in standy mode. Uriel triggers the activation key, type a command of the auxiliary machine keyboard and asks for a complete diagnosis of the shield system. In the touchscreen console makes a setup for some information (shell capacity, current charge, booking charge, ionic structure, and performance in combat simulation, and finally analyzes the rate of charge transfer from other systems to the shields aiming any emergency operation).

At finish the diagnosis, evaluates which the system is excellent, though hardly can withstand a direct volley of turbolasers of a Star Destroyer, but it sure would make a good opponent against smaller ships.

"Congratulations Captain, this system of shields is great !!"

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Lieutenant-Colonel Chris Streets, Octupus Fellowes(nrc), Arachnophobe Refuelling Station, irradiated desert plains

The senior Merc looked down and through slightly shimmering energy fields at the vast interlocked hexagons of parched grassland, each shape protected by their own energy walls, holding the irradiated battlefields at bay, while he, along with the Merc' ILH-KK-class cruiser, stood on the upturned fossilised belly of what the Nautolan proprietor described as a giant spider, that, years back had grown to gargantuan proportions due to the effects of the devastating regional Radiophonic Wars.

Streets shook his head, addressing the Nautolan who stood nearby behind him, "Really? The Radiophonic Wars?"

He was not worried about having his back to the amphibian, after all, Sunri Lasca was still aboard the Luck's Gamble, over-seeing the refuelling operation, and was no doubt covering them with shipboard weapons.

"Are you an expert in Draukyze history, Mr Streets?" Fellowes asked, the grey-faced alien with short, flattened tentacles hanging back off his head like the dreadlocks favoured by some haired sentients, seemingly unaffected by the overbearing sun.

"Nope." Streets admitted. "But Radiophonic Wars? And this!" Now he turned, gesturing up at the giant black pylons that streaked up into the sky from the edges of the platform, curved sharply at the 'joints', and curved in to the centre, just like a normal-ized arachnid would when it kicked the bucket. "Great design, I'll grant you, but a spider could never exist at this size, regardless of whatever radioactives it had been bombarded with. The argument about oxygen molecules is inconclusive, but what about the square-cube law?!" He stopped because while he could not go anywhere while the ship was being re-fuelled, it felt wrong to be carrying out a scientific discourse while his ship-mates aboard the Johnny Boy might be fighting for their lives out there.

"You mean the mathematical principle that states, that, as a shape grows in size, it's volume multiplies at a much faster than its surface area?"

Streets stared at the man. "You've heard of it? I didn't think-"

"That a Nautolan would be educated? The Human High Culture thing has a lot to answer for."

The Merc allowed himself a glower, to convey that he was affronted by the accusation. "Oh hey, I don't subscribe to the Empire's High Human Culture garbage, no way. It's just," He waved vaguely round, "you run a refuelling station."

Fellowes subsided. "Okay. You got me there." He looked up in pride at the in-effectual roof that the inverted legs created. "But the story is true. And you can see that she's croaked, though because of the increased exo-skeleton, there was no bodily collapse that the principle states should have happened."

Chris raised a gloved finger to put the conversation on hold, and used his comlink to call Lasca for an update on when they could lift again.

Tag: no-one

OOC: I momentarily thought about putting the refuelling station inside an ancient temple, but that was too much like my idea for Ord Pardron in Intervention, before the Kingdom of Jod's Strategic Command Army came blundering through my side plot.

So I switched to the deceased giant spider idea, and vaguely remembering something to do with oxygen, Googled, and instead found this square cube thingy - so thank you to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square-cube_law

Mitth_Fisto and Tim Battershell like this.
  12. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

"Owen, as you're Heavy Weapons trained, would you mind taking over the Turret Gunner's position?" Aidan asked. Owen’s mind was so tired he couldn’t stop himself. He snapped to attention and saluted. He then executed a half turn to the right. Ricardo stopped him and whispered into his ear,

"Well friend, please remember that you owe me? Well, later we will charge a bird." The Corellian locked eyes with Owen. He seemed oddly competent like underneath his foolishness there was a dependable man. Owen put his helmet down on the right side of the turret console and leaned his Z-6 against the bulkhead. He sat at his station putting his backpack in front of his feet under the terminal. He had never received gunnery training but, the controls seem straight forward enough. He looked over his left shoulder at Evalynne operating the sensors. He admired her, standing up to her parents and, running away when they tried to control her. He never had the courage to do that, his father held full control over his life, and then the Empire took his place. It took a horrible crime to shock Owen into taking control of his own life. Where had that lead him? A bank robbery and coldblooded murder but, without those events he would have never met Aidan, Ricardo, Vacks and Evalynne. Did this end justify the path taken, the two innocent lives taken? He pulled out the ID badge he took off the bank employee. Creksozok, Owen recalled his pleas for mercy, and then executing him in front everyone, young girl and child included. The runaway had forgiven the soldier for striking her but, she made no mention of the shocking slaying of a good man. His actions were tearing Owen up inside. He promised not to become like the other men in his squad, bloodthirsty and blind to suffering. Maybe he was over thinking this, blowing this out of proportion, out of the trillions of sentient beings out there he was going to worry over one death. All of Owen’s training never prepared him to deal with the moral questions in the life he had chosen and he wasn’t ready to deal with them now.

He withdrew his DC-17 and began disassembling it. With all the pieces laid out in front of him the solider pulled a cleaning kit out of his backpack. He diligently washed the parts of his weapon, it cleared his mind allowed him to focus on what’s important right now, joining the Mercs. They seemed honorable, the type you want to follow, not the kind you have to follow. As he polished the plasma chamber he wondered if it came to it would Evalynne take a life. It was a bloody business she was signing up for but, her skills were piloting and electronics the Mercs would never put her on the front lines. What if she was shot down, could she survive? Owen had to remind himself that she could probably handle herself, couldn’t she? Anyway someone would be there to protect her, like Aiden, Vacks, or Owen. He closed his eyes and put the pistol back together. He was going to have to trust that she could handle anything that was thrown at her and if he was with her he would do anything to see her home safe. Not because she needed protection but, because she was part of his unit now, his family and, he'd do anything for family.

TAG: Laine_Snowtrekker Uriel Manteroni Tim Battershell Intervention

13. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012

Owen comes to attention and fires a Stormtrooper-smart salute at me then my passengers / new crew take their proper seats. While we're in Hyperspace, of course, no weaponry will be needed, but it's good to have personnel at all the stations, just in case of an unexpected reversion.

Evalynne still seems to be suffering the after-effects of Owen's elbow strike from the way she lowers herself into the seat. It's very difficult to properly calibrate blows delivered while wearing armour, especially those from an elbow; still there should be something in the ship's medical supply lockers to help her if she really needs it.

Ricardo starts pecking at the Control Panel as soon as he sits down, after saying something to Owen as he moves past. It looks like a full Shield Diagnostic he's ordered up; which he confirms a few seconds later. Now would anyone professing no knowledge of piloting be able to do that? Would they even be interested? A second lie, it looks like! Then there's his manner. The Twi'lek-responding-to-his-Hutt-Master oiliness; just like the 'humble clerk', Obadiah Pile, in that old book. A 'humble' clerk that was anything but!

I hadn't even wanted the fellow aboard in the first place, but apparently Vacks decided otherwise. Well, he'll have to be watched; see if he makes a revealing move. That said, I'm not risking him messing with our Shields or conspiring privately with his ship's AI.

"Attention please.", I say, semi-parodying announcements on commercial flights, "The 'fresher is located through the first door on the right down the utility corridor - sorry, but I haven't yet managed to find a "Yer Tiz" sign to put on the door. The bunkroom is the second door on the right. There are Medical Supply caches, if needed, aft of the Main Hatch and immediately to port through the cockpit door. A survival kit will be found just above the Main Hatch. Thank you for flying Ubiqtorate!".

I duck into the cockpit to retrieve my handheld Comlink, informing the passengers that I'm going to fetch some food packs from the storage locker in the bunkroom. While there, I can brief Vacks and have 'Passepartout' watchdog the Comms/Shields systems. I can always say that that station isn't too reliable and I always make adjustments from the cockpit.... true enough, though 'Passpartout' does the actual work!

In the bunkroom I select Gornt Stew for Ricardo, Nerf for Owen and Evalynne, Tomo-spiced Ribenes for Terrel and one of my rapidly dwindling stock of Mugruebe Stews for myself. I'm being a bit cheeky here, as well as a bit nasty! I tried the Gornt and found it almost inedible, tough as a very old workboot!

"'Passepartout'," , I say softly into the Comlink, "Put this up on Terrel's Console please.... Barve calling himself 'Ricardo Hatson' feels 'off' to me. Don't think he's a 'Player', not getting that sort of vibe from him. Definitely a liar, though; possibly compulsive. Will have 'Outstanding Wanted' list trawled through to see if his real name pops out.... Ends. Do that search for me, please, and send any results to Terrel; also covertly lock down the Comms/Shields station; no outgoing messages and any Shield setting changes he makes to be immediately reverted to normal, but his changes are to show on the set-up screen and diagnostics run from that station."

OOC: (1) "Obadiah Pile, in that old book" = Uriah Heep in 'David Copperfield' (Charles Dickens).

(2) "Yer Tiz" = 'Here it is' - seen in a family friend's house in the 1960s.

(3) "Player" = Intel-speak for Intelligence Operative from outside one's own organisation.

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Pirate Bridge Crew, Commander Yavscout, bridge of The Dishonourable Mynock, hangar bay of same

The Rodian tractor operator aboard the 'Mynock, turned to the male human captain sitting in his burdundy-coloured 980 environment suit in the command chair.

The entire crew were armoured up for this raid, except maybe the starfighter pilots, who were limited by the space within their cockpits.

"Captain," He called across the white-panelled bridge, "I have tractors on the rear of the target ship, but that globe is blocking my projectors."

The male human captain of the pirate ship scowled at the sight of the rolling metal ball that obscured their view of the Marauder-class corvette which had turned it's underside towards them.

"Tractors, grab it and move it aside." The captain ordered, "Sensors, run a scan on the sphere to see what it contains. From the markings, it looks like they salvaged it off that Bacta Hauler wreck"

"Yes sir." The Rodian, Condi Karamazov, had joined the crew with his three brothers. Like them, he was a Tetsus-clanned Revenue Stream Agent for SPAGETTI, the organisation secretly planning their vengeance against the current ruler of Rodia.

Like their operation at Craci, the foursome were charged with directing funds into SPAGETTI's coffers, and had joined this crew to gain shares in their profits.

Under Condi's control, three of the 'Mynock's tractors arrested the metal ball's spin, and slowed its progress towards themselves.

The human femme at Sensors relayed the findings of her scan. "Okay, it contains fuel, according to my instruments. So recommend not shooting it, Captain."

"Agreed. We can sell it back to Arachnaphobe Station."

The ship shuddered as they took a heavy hit from the bottom part.

"Shields holding." Someone reported, continuing, "but their starfighters are starting to target our lower main turbolaser."

"Have ours stay out to protect us. Keep-" The Captain glared out the window at the metal ball as it was shifted aside by invisible tractor beams, revealing two fast-approaching X-Wing fighters, "Gunnery, target those fighters, target them now! And launch the preliminary boarding shuttle. Let's take the battle to them."

Condi nodded to himself. Two of his brothers would be on the front line, aboard their Katarn-class boarding shuttle under the command of that vicious woman, the Black Zeltron.

The Captain had cautioned her, no disintegrations, or at least, not too many. They would need a sizable amount of captured crew to sell to the Hutts.

Dishonourable Mynock' Hangar Bay

The conical black shape of the Droch-class boarding shuttle lifted off the scarred deck, and with it's flat, wider end facing forward, headed out through the magnetic containment field after the thick metal flanks had drawn aside.

The ominous-looking craft had enough clearance from the deck for the previously unseen and darker-painted black N-1 to scrape between it on the floor, throwing up a shower of sparks as it slid along the deck, stopping near the wall heading aft, it's arrival drawing the attentions of several armoured pirate techs and guards standing seventy metres away.

Yavscout popped the canopy, released his seat restraints and stood up, whilst behind him, Deputy retracted his dome, and dropped out the back of the starfighter, like a bit of poop, but with more whistling and self-determination.

The elf faded away in a brief shower of sparkles, and hopped carefully off the nose of his ship and raced to the nearby wall, calling to the droid. "Dep', I'm gonna need that door open!"

[Duh-weet?] Whistling, the droid informed the Merc that no longer appeared on his scanners, that he couldn't see him anymore, or which door he was heading for!

"Which door? There's only...oh, I see, three. Frag-sith."

Thum, thumb! Blaster bolts whanged from the pirates, close to the N-1, prompting the Merc' astromech to start spraying extinguisher towards the shooters, the grey vapour obscuring their view of the landed starfighter, and his own of both them, and the still-parked Katarn boarder.

Tag: Mitth_Fisto, Bardan_Jusik, greyjedi125, Heavy Isotope

15. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Beskaryc Taab/Atin Taab
    Open space near Draukyze. Controls of an X-Wing/Speedy Trial

During his years as a mercenary and bounty hunter Taab had gotten quite used to the old mantra of hurry up and wait. This case was proving to be no different. Commander Yavscout had already launched his fighter while the Mandalorian and Major Jeth were waiting for the go ahead from flight control. That launch order was supposed to come after the fuel pod had been ejected and subsequently detonated by the Johnny Boy's heavy guns, paving the way for the boarding team to do their work. There was just one problem, no go order had yet been issued. What were they waiting on?

It came as no surprise that the ELF had launched already and thrown all caution to the wind. The being had all sorts of unnatural abilities that Taab wasn't even sure of yet. But for he and the Major, they would have to wait for the rest of the plan the get underway. Of course there was another old axiom, the plan never lasted the first 30 seconds of combat, and as the seconds since the fuel pod's launch ticked by with no explosion, Taab began to think that something had already occurred to throw the Skipper's carefully laid plan out of whack.

Was the fuel pod improperly wired? Were the guns of the Johnny Boy not up to the task in terms of firepower or accuracy? Had the pod simply not achieved the proper position yet? All were possible reasons (and there were many more) that had thrown off the timing of this op, but it was the last fact that mattered most. The timing was off, the reasoning why could be resolved in the AAR (After Action Review) at the conclusion of the mission. Assuming they all survived that is. Still this was taking long enough.

"Flight, this is Guardian 13 request..."

He was interrupted by one of the bridge officers. "Standby Guardians. We're ahhh....standby."

Taab frowned slightly behind his face plate but he didn't respond, whatever was keeping them busy seemed to have priority over talking to him anyway. Instead he focused on the aperture that would lead them out into space and awaited some signal that it was safe to launch.

Patience was not generally described as a Mandalorian trait, and in that way Atin seemed even more Mandalorian than his buir (father). He exhaled loudly to himself, though he was sure that Totter could hear him from the rear of the cockpit. "What are they waiting for?" he asked, again for no one's benefit other than his own. He had been told to follow Guardian Squadron's lead, but he hadn't seen them do anything. The Johnny Boy being between him and the pirate scow may have something to do with that though. Taking a risk, Atin pulled back on the Speedy Trial's yoke, bringing her out from behind the Marauder's shadow. Glancing out through his canopy he could see the fuel pod that the Johnny Boy had ejected out towards the pirate ship. He saw no other accompanying fighters aside from the CAP which was engaged farther out. What was going on?

Turbo laser fire lanced back and forth between the Johnny Boy and the aggressor vessel. For a moment Atin thought he saw another fighter illuminated against the black backdrop of space, but he couldn't be certain. If it was another craft it was blacker than night and appeared to be trying to land in the enemy ship's hanger bay. The young mando didn't know what to make of that. Nor did he have time to think it over much. A string of stray laser fire etched towards him, he had been out from the protective cover of the Johnny Boy long enough. He pitched back down, diving back for cover when he was surprised as the Johnny Boy suddenly shifted fire away from the enemy craft and began targeting the fuel pod. He had barely enough time to process the chain of events when the fuel pod went up, exploding in a dazzling array of colors that no doubt caused some damage to the pirate vessel. So that was the plan!

Atin held up on his dive now, holding steady to watch as an X-wing, what Atin could see as his X-Wing, emerged from the Johnny Boy's hanger deck. Atin held his breath, trying to control his rage. He didn't even need to hear the incoming comm chatter to know who was flying "his" fighter. "Scorch, follow us in." It was buir all right. Atin held his anger in check as he pulled in, following along behind the newly launched craft by several kilometers. He would have to accelerate in order to catch up with them, and hopefully then would find out just what the plan here was.

As Taab watched through the T-65's closed canopy he saw space outside the hanger bay light up in a silent explosion. Finally, it looked as if part of the plan was proceeding as it was supposed to. A moment later he heard "GO, go go," through his buy'ce (helmet) and assumed that Major Jeth was hearing the same thing. He brought the X-Wing to full throttle and the craft burst forth from the Johnny Boy a moment later. The fuel pod was gone, destroyed entirely, though what damage it had inflicted on the pirate ship he didn't readily know. Free of the Merc's Marauder now he commed out to Atin, "Scorch, follow us in." No other communication other then that was needed thus far.

Pulling the X-Wing quickly onto an intercept course with the pirate ship he knew Atin was quite a bit behind, but that wasn't what concerned him. What concerned him was what he saw out in front of the flight. A pair of space fighters, Taab couldn't make out the type yet, heading right towards them. Taab didn't know what their condition was following the explosion, nor did it matter. Whether he was an ace pilot or not, they weren't his mission, getting aboard the pirate vessel was. He called out over the comm to Atin and Jeth, informing them of his intention to bypass the enemy fighters. "Bandits straight ahead. Blowthrough."

TAG: Sith-I-5, Mitth_Fisto, greyjedi125, Heavy Isotope, Bravo

OOC: This post may have fudged around a bit with what Sith had posted in terms of timing in order to comply with the stated intentions of Jeth and Taab to not launch until after the fuel pod had exploded. I'll leave the damage done to pirate forces by the fuel pod explosion (if any) to Bravo/Sith.

[​IMG]

Uriel Manteroni and Sith-I-5 like this.
  16. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Havah Jeth
    Hanger Bay Johhny Boy - Space

Waiting. What more could be said. That singular descriptor of the present situation in the hanger bay said it all. From his cockpit he could see Ghevar was holding onto his console and awaiting the particulate shockwave, while the Wookiees and techs seemed to be racing to get things squared away for whatever may happen next. Which with Lasso in command was truly anyones guess.

The fact that the ELF had jumped into the void practically with the bomb was no real surprise. You give that thing a life and death situation and it seemed to crave to experience whatever passed as 'death' for it. The fact it had 'survived' was an interesting note on a command clearance level of the beings record. Actually he was not sure if the Security Chief being a Mando even had clearance to it. Or whether that notation had survived the ships upgrades to keep some things private in the only truly possible way. For the data to exist and thereby be un-slice-able or whatever the info-techs were calling it this decade.

The slight buzz from his comm let him know that the Mando was in comm contact with Flight. And then a moment or seven more and he was receiving the go order, "Go! go, go!" after the ceiling of the Hanger visibly lit up a bit brighter than it had a moment earlier. Then following closely on the Mando's tail he saw space and the enemy. Both ships didn't shoot nor wield their torps randomly at the enemy craft. There was no point in drawing attention when the enemy might be looking inward for a few moments longer instead of paying attention to a boarding party going the 'wrong way'.

Two tangos were in their path though and Havah wasted no time in loading a torp, getting a red lock and firing on the fly a moment after the Mando said to blow through the enemy. "Sounds good." he simply stated in return. He had his ships life support turned off, double forward shields, and with a flick his weapons systems went cold. The less of a blip he made on enemy sensors the better chance he had to land without being shot at.

Speaking of which. If the Mando didn't land better than he had launched he would have to suggest some remedial training to the Mando to be up to snuff if he planned on using starfighter boarding tactics in the future.Still. Flicking the comm he decided to test the waters. "Shall we full burn?" it was a simple question of whether the Mando was up to blasting into the enemy hanger at full speed. It meant the enemy would have less time to use any hanger weapons to blast them and their ships out from under them before they were able to exit and begin clearing.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik, Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  17. Master Selkath

Master Selkath Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 5, 2013
    IC: Boras Felroah
    On board Johnny Boy, Medical

Combat Medic Boras Felroah walked around the crowded medical bay. Mattresses lied all over the floor and it felt as if every minute or so, another mattress was filled by a wounded crewman. Boras himself was tending to one of the crewman that was being brought in. Thankfully, the medical bay was staffed with a group of medical droids who could tend to the other patients. The lack of an abundance of medical supplies was making treatment slower than Boras had hoped.

Doctor Cook was still unconscious on one of the beds and next to him was a soldier named Warrant. Boras hadn't noticed Nurse Ulrike getting up from the third bed. He had been in the middle of injecting fluids into the crewman in front of him when he heard something moving to the side of him and looked at the now standing nurse.

The nurse looked dazed but said to Boras, "Doc, I'm gonna...I'm gonna go sit in the Doctor's Office, free up the bed for someone more deserving."

The nurse walked over to the office and Boras finished treating his patient. He looked around and saw one of the GH-7's moving towards another patient.

Boras motioned to it and said, "Droid, find the patient on the mattresses that is in the worst condition and move him to the open bed as quickly as possible."

The droid made a nod like motion and began to float over the crewman on the mattresses. Boras moved to the nearest patient and looked at the man's injuries. The man had metal shrapnel lodged in his hip and was moaning in pain. If he could get the patient to sleep, it would make the emergency surgery a whole lot easier.

Boras called out to any of the medical droids in the medical bay, "I need a sleep sedative over here now!"

One of the 2-1B surgical droids on the opposite end of the room turned to Boras and replied, "Sir, we don't have enough of the sedative to give to more than two patients."

Boras took out his datapad which had the conditions of every patient in the medical bay. He skimmed through the list he had made so far and it seemed many patients needed the sedative with the operations they would need. Boras looked down at the crewman next to him and contemplated what to do. The man wouldn't last much longer unless he got the metal out of him.

The crewman looked up at him with an obvious expression of pain on his face and told Boras, "Doc, keep that sedative for people who need it more than me. I can take the pain."

Boras admired the man's courage but he knew that it would be very painful. Boras pulled out his potable mini baton and called for a GH-7 to assist him. He ordered the droid to put the baton between the man's mouth and hold it in place. Boras grabbed a fresh set of gloves and a surgical kit.

Boras calmly said to the man, "I'm not going to lie, this is going to hurt like hell. Just keep that attitude you had before and it might take some of the pain away."

Before Boras began, he saw the same 2-1B surgical droid from before. He yelled to it saying, "Go check on Nurse Ulrike and see if she needs anything. If she is doing better, tell her that I could use a hand out here as soon as possible."

The droid nodded his head and began to turn towards the doctor's office. Boras turned his head to a droid tending to the unconscious Doctor Cook and said to it when it turned to him, "Make sure he is stable and then give me a report when I finish here."

The droid nodded and went back to whatever he had been doing. Boras looked back down at the man and then to the droid holding the baton. He said to the droid, "Keep that baton in place for the entire operation."

The droid looked up at Boras and replied, "Yes Doctor."

Boras took a a deep breath, grabbed his surgical tool, and said to himself, "Here we go."

He then proceeded to begin the surgery and the man's muffled screams could be heard throughout the medical bay.

Tag: Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  18. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012

I take the self-heating food packs through to the cabin, handing over Owen's and Ricardo's without comment. Owen will almost certainly know the score, and Ricardo has just said he was hungry. Vacks won't need telling either, like Owen and I he'll be used to this lifestyle.

Evalynne, though, is another matter, so I take time to say; "No fixed mealtimes aboard this ship, Evalynne, just tuck in when you're ready. Stay around the Mercs, or any group that may have to go into action in a hurry, for any length of time and you'll likely start to grab every chance you can to refuel your inner-being - same goes for sleep!. The Opposition, whoever they may be, always seem to start acting up just when regular downtime comes around! One of the nasty and very annoying habits they've got! Once they start making trouble, you never know when your next opportunity will arrive. That's the downside to this sort of life!". I'm not trying to put her off, just making sure her decision is made on the facts, not on whatever tales of derring-do she may have encountered.

Hopefully I'll have more, and firmer, data on Ricardo as soon as I walk through the cockpit door. Equally hopefully, he's not some ISB type or Pirate looking to infiltrate, the results could be rather messy! The Mercs haven't stayed in business for so long by being overly-gullible, they'll surely have their own methods for detecting and dealing with spies and other security risks. If Ricardo doesn't understand the dangers of appearing to be an infiltration agent then the man's an utter fool! Although older doesn't always have to mean wiser, he should know far better at his age.

As a 'Player in the Shadow Game', and a being who hasn't officially existed for three long years at that, I'm well used to wearing a 'Legend' like a second skin. The spycatchers' task is to poke holes in that 'Legend', if they can, to expose the Operative within. In turn, the Operative has to stay precisely 'In Character' and not give the spycatchers any clues in the form of inconsistencies and/or internal contradictions to exploit. Come to think of it, living within a 'Legend' is not unlike participating in a very high stakes version of one of those interminable 'Role Playing Games' (basically, an adult version of 'let's pretend'), the stake in question being the Operative's life! There are very rarely second chances.

Ah, well, it's his choice; his life - literally!

OOC: (1) "Legend" = Intel-speak for undercover Officer's cover-story and false life history.

Uriel Manteroni likes this.
  19. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Beskaryc Taab/Atin Taab
    Open space near Draukyze. Controls of an X-Wing/Speedy Trial

There was a warbling whistle in Taab's ear as he tried to get a handle on the situation they were in. He noted that the Major had launched with him, and was in fact flying close behind. Atin was still farther back, but at least on course to board the pirate ship as well. Out in front the enemy fighters scattered in response to Jeth's shot at them. Taab didn't bother seeing if the shot hit or not. He wasn't here to confirm "kills", forcing the enemy ships to break off was enough to keep them out of the boarding party's way and allow them to continue on their mission.

The droid warbled at him again, this time Taab read the translation on hus HUD. "No, don't open the s-foils. No need. We're going in." The droid whisled again, disappointed, If Taab didn't know better he would have thought the thing was itching for a fight.

"Shall we full burn?"

Taab didn't mull the question over long. He couldn't tell what damage had been done to the pirate vessel after the fuel pod explosion, but he could see that laser fire from them had slackened off quite a bit. They might just be momentarily stunned, or the blast may have taken out some of their guns. Either way, it was best to take advantage of the current situation and board as quickly as possible. Besides, the pirate ship's hanger doors were still open. No telling how long that ingress point would be available to them. He commed back. "Roger that, full burn," and he pushed the throttles forward to their stops.

Atin watched in frustration as the second X-Wing, he thought it looked like Major Jeth's, fired a torp at the onrushing enemy fighters. Shab, the Trial was just too far away to engage the enemy properly. Well at least he could try to follow his father and the Major in. The fighters in front of him kicked it up to full burn, angling towards the enemy ship's still open hanger bay. They were boarding. That would at least be exciting, though Atin was disappointed that he wouldn't be taking on any enemy fighters.

Following his previous orders to follow his father Atin too pushed the Sleuth Scout to max power. He would land after the other two had, but he could hope that there would still be plenty left for him to do once aboard.

Taab slammed back into the grav couch as the X-Wing accelerated at maximum delta-V. The open hanger doors loomed before him. The X-wing had taken some fire, though it seems mostly random and uncoordinated. Still one blast had impacted the shields weakening them and causing a screech from the droid secure in its socket. "Yes, yes I should have put those on double front. No it doesn't matter now," he spoke calmly to the rather irate droid. He looked over the damage display. The forward shields had dropped to 42 percent, but there was no damage to the craft. "We're almost there."

And almost there they were. Taab extended the landing gear and throttled back now, reversing thrust in an effort to better control his landing. But he wasn't as well versed in this craft as he could be. The X-Wing shot through the open hanger doors as Taab kicked in the repulsorlift engines. He had slowed the X-Wing down considerably, but not quite enough. A loud screech echoed off the walls inside the hanger as the X-Wing scraped it's landing struts along the hard metal deck before finally coming to a halt just short of actually hitting the far wall.

There was more whistling from the droid as it chided him on his landing. "We didn't hit anything, and the bird is flyable. Drop it." The droid did for now, but he knew it wasn't the last of it he would hear from the crew. Shab them was his thought, he got the job done. Looking back he popped the canopy and flung himself out of the bird and onto the deck. Blaster fire was ringing out in the hanger bay ship already. Sticking close by the fighter, he drew his blaster pistol and began looking for the Elf, who he knew was already aboard.

TAG: Sith-I-5, Mitth_Fisto

[​IMG]

20. Uriel Manteroni

Sep 24, 2014
    On Skipray to Draukyze,

Hmmm, important information! Uriel thought and made a sign O.K. to Aidan.

Aidan entered the cockpit, Uriel looked at your partners and realized that each of these into your world. Then Uriel triggered communication system and got in touch with his ship Vampire, Uriel wanted to make a hyperlink and steal all information from databases Skipray, but to configure the system to do so, behold,
    Uriel immediately aborted all their commands and prayed that no one had noticed his attempt to spy.

Hmmm this means that Aidan suspected myself and he did countermeasures ... This is a bad sign. Will certainly he will ask for an investigation of my ID. I hope that counterfeiter has done a good job.

Aidan came back and delivered a Gornt Stew. Uriel heated your food and took a first bite the stew. It was bad as old burnt rubber. Hard as steel, and tasted like old workboot !! Uriel choked and muttered: "Arrghhh !!" Uriel looked Aidan and disguising said: "Ohh Excellent! A food of the Gods!"

Damn ... I think I'll be starving ...

Aidan talked Evalynne, then returned to the cockpit without comment.

One thing that Uriel learned to respect in the Unknown Regions was your intuition. Where it came from, this strong intuition? One effect of the Force? Perhaps, but the fact is that never, ever failed your intuition.

Aidan is preparing a trap ... initially behaved as an amateur in the bank, not by examining my credentials or motives, but now, perhaps within your home... I better get this damn password and soon dropping out of here ... The Kingdom of Jod which wait ... after all it is only a legend. In the moment is that I have a dataset with the map of THE MAW, and the way to bend space-time in search of my past ... or maybe the Rakatas ...I will not lost time here...

Uriel looks at Owen and wonders how to approach him. In that moment with Aidan and Vacks out of the way, is the ideal time.

21. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Havah Jeth
    Space. . .the battle frontier!

As the Mando went to full burn Havah pulled back on the throttle. Although the distance there were crossing was not that great in astrological terms it was still a good clip where the seconds drag on in getting there. At least this way, as he figured as the pressure built from his slightly tapered ramping up to full, that extra moments of waiting would be less. Not to mention as he stared at the screen he noted that his droid Glove had a couple of those seconds spent trying to determine if the hanger shield was still up or not.

One. "Glove. Try to lock down that signal." he eased back a little and let the Mando take a greater lead by slewing his craft left and right. Up and down. And then a little loop. The maneuvers bleeding off some of his velocity as well as widening the gap. Soon enough the indicator started blinking. Although the excess particle energy was playing mild havoc a good lock indicated the hanger was able to be entered still.

Of course the pirates probably still thought they were the predators in this fight.

Two. The random pot shots were rather ineffectual from the enemy, and even a glancing hit was easily shrugged off of his shields with them double-front. Then the Mando reversed thrust. . .before entering the hanger. If he hadn't of incorporated some maneuvers to keep from getting any solid hits like Taab he would of likely would of had to of peeled off to not crash into the rear of the other X-wing. "Mark it!" he called to his droid. Without an open cockpit he couldn't see the screen where the translation of any message from his droid was put, but still. That was just sloppy flying. Not even a descent warning.

Pulling back on the throttle he followed the other in, albeit he spun a one-eighty as he entered and gave a brief burst to slow his approach before switching to repulsors and settling in for a soft landing. "Keep the shields evened out and engines warm." he commed to Glove before popping his canopy. The shields would be off until he was on the ground away from the craft, but once so Glove would button it up and keep it safe from the Pirates. Even if that meant venting the hanger.

One unceremonious drop on the same side of his craft as the Mando later and he looked about for the Elf. "Yav?!" he shouted out through his helmets speakers as he crouched and readied his staff in his right hand and pulled his blaster pistol in the left. Where was that guy? His ship was here, but the blasted sentient was no where to be seen. Then again it's droid was with a smoke screen. Enemy pirates seemed to be standing back at that. Well for the moment.

Snapping his staff into position at his side he began adjusting the dials. This was going to be interesting.

TAG: Sith-I-5, Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  22. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Aboard the Blood Moon, en-route to anywhere but Algor

Evalynne was quietly observing her new shipmates. McShouty was doing something . . . well, something shifty at his console, if she could trust his appearance. Which was doubtful. He struck her as very politician-like, with a facade hiding his true intentions. Owen, on the other hand, was thoughtfully staring at something that looked like the bank teller's nametag. The one he'd shot. She looked back at her console, allowing him the space for his thoughts. Maybe he was a killer, and maybe he'd been doing what was necessary to survive. Maybe the two didn't look very different out here.

Jasan and his dad had taught her how to use her blaster, but Evalynne wasn't sure if she could murder someone in cold blood like Owen had. Then again, she'd never been in a position where she'd had to do that. It wasn't glamorous, wasn't some story safely ingested from the warmth and comfort of blankets. She looked down at her pack, neatly tucked between her feet. Should she put on her holster?

Before she'd decided, Aidan re-appeared in the room, carrying the meals he mentioned. When he handed one to her, he said, "No fixed mealtimes aboard this ship, Evalynne, just tuck in when you're ready. Stay around the Mercs, or any group that may have to go into action in a hurry, for any length of time and you'll likely start to grab every chance you can to refuel your inner-being - same goes for sleep!. The Opposition, whoever they may be, always seem to start acting up just when regular downtime comes around! One of the nasty and very annoying habits they've got! Once they start making trouble, you never know when your next opportunity will arrive. That's the downside to this sort of life!"

Then he left again, probably to do whatever it was that intelligence officers did when they had all manner of strange folk on their boat. She turned his words--of advice?--around in her mind.

What was she getting into? And did she really want to get into it?

If she went back to Hythrope IV, Jasan's dad would probably be glad to make her part of his smuggling crew, seeing at how easily he'd made her part of the family even though she was merely Jasan's girlfriend. But that was only if her parents didn't know where she was. And if she were living part-time on the other side, they'd find her too easily. But this--this was dangerous, an unpredictable life full of twists and turns and probably tragedy as well. What to do?

Evalynne snapped the packet and let it heat, then started eating her nerf stew. Which, surprisingly, was pretty good. Far better than it seemed McShouty's meal had turned out, if his muttering and false smile were any indication of his feelings.

No, despite the uncertainties, despite the promised unpredictability of fuel and sleep, despite the obvious dangers of dismemberment or death, she'd have to stay right where she was. She finished up her stew, then fished out the blaster in its holster from her pack, checked its safety, carefully strapped the holster on, and slid the weapon into it.

No time like the present for getting used to the feel of it on her hip. And she supposed they would have some kind of practice range so that she could gain more proficiency than she already had with the weapon.

She glanced over at the others in the room. McShouty was staring at Owen for some reason, and it was clear he wanted to speak. So she waited to see what he would do.

TAG: Tim Battershell, galactic-vagabond422, Uriel Manteroni, Intervention

Sith-I-5 and Tim Battershell like this.
  23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Captain Jason Lasso, Dak, Commander Yavscout, and a host of npcs, the Johnny Boy, The Dishonourable Mynock pirate ship

"What the-?" Lasso stood up and stared round at the floor, the carpet of striped insects like the one he had dug out off his boot treads. "Where did they spring from?"

"Captain!" One of the bridge crew called up, "Enemy ship has locked tractors on the fuel tank and is moving it out of the field of engagement."

Lasso long-stepped over the silent swarm to the "Gunnery, target the enemy tractors so we can regain control."

"Yes sir."

Dak spoke calmly from the Commander's chair. "Captain, recommend detonating the tank before it moves too far."

Lasso nodded to himself. The plan had moved away from him, but they could cut their losses. "Gunnery, belay last order. Concentrate firepower on the tank, then continue bombarding the pirate cruiser."

Seconds later, the white flash from outside illuminated the bridge, several of the bridge crew shielding their eyes, even as the ports went dark as the polarised shielding kicked in.

Hangar Control, Herdferd the Toong back in his post from Astrometrics, was talking to the boarding party. "GO, go, go!" A moment later, "Captain, Guardians 13 and 9 are away."

Lasso frowned. That was only two of his assigned three officers. "What about Guardian 5? Hasn't Yav' reached the hangar yet?"

Master Chief Petty Officer Wa Yay weighed in, standing behind April's seat. "Oh, he's reached the hangar. Theirs. He's already aboard the enemy cruiser."

"What, when did he go?" Lasso demanded.

The MCPO could only shrug.

"Something must have gotten lost in translation," Dak surmised, "he was using the bomb for cover whilst it was still in one piece."

"Okay, too late to worry about him. What is going on out there?"

"Unknown, Sir." Wa Yay reported. "Sensors blinded by the detonation. It'll take a few moments to recalibrate."

"We don't HAVE a few moments!" Jason reminded, his voice getting hoarse with the emotion. His ship was at stake here, and already their last ditch plan was unravelling. "We cannot afford to know what is not happening out there."

Enemy Hangar

Facing three sealed doorways off the hangar deck, with his N-1 and a obscuring wall of extinguisher vapour behind him, Yav pulled his duty S-5 heavy repeating blaster from his thigh holster, and holding it by touch, since it was as invisible as him, he got a double-handed grip on it, aimed it as best he could above the centre door, and fired a series of burning craters into the wall to create a downward facing arrow, pointing which door he wanted.

Five shots in, the echoing blaster retorts muffled through the helmet of his Go Team vacsuit, it occurred to the elf that he could have just told the droid, "Open the centre door, please" but by this time, he had almost finished anyway.

Beyond the wapour wall, at the forward end of the hangar, the three armour-suited pirate techs put up their guns once they could not see the target.

"I'm going over there," One volunteered, taking a step forwards only to have a colleague halt him with a hand on his arm.

"Wait."

"Wait for what?"

The 'what' turned out to be a white X-Wing throwing up a sparks as it scraped on its landing gear all the way across the deck from the dark starboard entrance to the wall that formed the interior panel of the huge sealed portside hangar doors, slowing to a halt beside the dark green scarred bulk of their Kanark-class boarding shuttle.

"Whoa, that was close."

The second pirate took his hand of his friend, and called the bridge on his helmet comlink. "Lotterer here, Bridge. We've been boarded."

"What do you mean, we've been boarded?!"

Lotterer was rolling his eyes at the others when the second T-65 rolled in, although he didn't know what the deal with the one-eighty was all about. "Yessir, the circus is definitely in town."

Yavscout stopped firing for a pause, cocking his head to listen.

"Yav?!"

The elf turned, shouting back through the noxious fog, "Jeth? This way, through the smoke screen! Deputy, get that middle door open."

The astromech rolled past him, heading for the selected doorway, the last vestiges of grey steam wafting around its black torso.

Tag: Bardan_Jusik, Mitth_Fisto

24. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

Owen returned his blaster to its holster and listened to Aiden’s safety briefing. The intelligence officer made it sound like a commercial flight, trying to add a bit of levity to the situation. Owen couldn’t crack a smile, his mind was focused on other matters like, whether or not he disassemble and clean his Z-6 in a space so small or, if he had packed enough energy cells and gas canisters for his weapons. He remembered the men in his squad and his drill instructors commenting on the young soldier’s lack of humor. Not that the Empire encouraged much laughter but, young men with nothing to do and nowhere to go find ways to amuse themselves. Sometimes pranks, sometimes jokes they picked up from their homeworlds, one or two from Agamar. Owen never got involved, never laughed, never smiled. He was always eating, sleeping, training or, cleaning his weapon. He grew up without time for such ‘frivolous things’ and never developed an appreciation for comedy. Aiden handed him a heat and eat package of Nerf stew, Owen was starving. He always tried to keep his stomach empty for trips in Anvil, less to come back up. As he waited for the meal to heat up he noticed Aiden talking to Evalynne. Owen ate the stew quickly and felt someone staring at him. His head snapped to the girl behind him, it wasn’t her, though she did have a gun holster on her hip now, he turned his attention to Ricardo.

“Need something?” the soldier asked

TAG: Tim Battershell Laine_Snowtrekker Uriel Manteroni Intervention

25. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Blood Moon - Hyperspace, Closing in on Draukyze System.

Re-entering the cockpit, I notice Vacks looking intently at his console's holo-display. Reading over his shoulder I see:-

Results of Facial Comparison Search....
    Visual of Subject 'Ricardo Hatson' against 'Outstanding Wanted' List Records....
    1 (One) probable match found. Adjusted for elapsed time.

List Name: Manteroni, Uriel .
    List Entry Date: Year 1 (Galactic Empire Date System)
    Species: Human.
    Subcategory(ies): Ship Commander.
    Current Age: 52 Standard.
    Homeworld: Imperial Centre (formerly Coruscant)
    Charge: Treason (Rider - Live Capture only, No Disintegration).
    Other Information: Known to have fled Imperial Arrest Team in Starfighter type as shown.

[​IMG]

At the bottom of the text (and under the image of the Starfighter, which looks to be some sort of TIE variant - not one I can remember seeing before) are three more images. Left is a much younger man, Centre (according to the caption) is the time-adjusted version and Right is of the actual barve we've got in back. Centre and Right, to my uneducated eye, look almost identical.

Interesting, very interesting. To the uninitiated, him being officially a wanted man would suggest he's an enemy of the Empire. Unfortunately that's not always true. An Imperial Arrest Warrant can be (and often is) seen as a way to add extra credibility to a 'Legend', especially by the 'Infiltration Division' of The Bureau of Operations. The 'Live Capture only, No Disintegration' rider would be just the sort of thing they'd do to, hopefully, protect their Agent from 'Death by Bounty Hunter'. On the other hand, it could be entirely legitimate. One gets used to this sort of 'Doublethink' as a Shadow Operative.

Before I can do anything with the information, even talk to Vacks about it the 'Urgent Alert' chime sounds.

Moving to the Pilot's station I see there are actually two alerts displayed. The first, and more urgent, is flight-related - a Mass-shadow obstructing the continuation of our programmed Hyperspace course. This could be, and usually is, innocuous; sizable wandering asteroids are enough to produce the effect, and are very likely to be encountered when coming up on the fringes of a Star System. However, it's also a favourite Pirate trick to tow a large asteroid, or small planetoid, into a Hyperlane as an extemporised Interdictor.

The second alert concerns the Comms/Shields station. Someone (no names necessary) has apparently tried to set up an external communications linkage - only stopping when they detected the embargo I'd ordered. While the attempt was aborted in a hurry, as quickly as any Organic could possibly do it, that's still far too slow to avoid notice by 'Passepartout'. Oh, what a naughty boy this would-be spy has been!

"Attention, please, everyone."; I call out; "I'm dropping us out of Hyperspace early due to a gravity field ahead. Probably nothing to be concerned about but, just in case, please go to Battlestations and strap in tight! Evalynne, full all-around scans, please, as soon as we revert; short-range first then long-range. Tell me about anything out there that isn't vacuum, dust or rocks; range, bearing and elevation! Owen, sweep beam to beam through our aft arc with the turret, please; 'Weapons Hold' unless in self-defence."; I continue in a much softer tone; "'Passepartout', maximum Shields, please, and put Sensor Data up on main repeater screen.".

That should do it! I pull back on the Hyperdrive Lever and watch the mottled blue tunnel turn to starlines, then to the discrete pinpoints of stars in Normal Space. I also see the problem, a large asteroid tumbling along around two axes as it moves across in front of Blood Moon's nose; albeit a very safe distance away. Probably just a wanderer, then, it'd be more than a little tricky to match velocities for a landing on that! Nevertheless, I'll wait for the Sensors to give us the all-clear before standing-down the alert.

OOC: (1) "Weapons Hold" = Safest condition when combat is possible; Weapons may not be fired at all without direct (or pre-issued) authorisation. "Weapons Tight" = Operator may fire on a valid, properly identified, enemy target. "Weapons Free" = Go for it on sight!

OOC/OOG Sith-I-5, please transmit results from Sensor Scans to Laine_Snowtrekker