main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Intervention: Echoes in Eternity (An Original Trilogy Game; Always taking new players!!!)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bravo, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Aidan Dodd
    Blood Moon - Pilot Recovery Mission, Draukyze System.

"If I were you I would turn on the your PPI screen in mode tracking HyperPulseDoppler in uni-directional and I would set up the beam to the maximum aperture of the cone of sight. In this configuration I suggest you do some acrobatic maneuvers with the Blood Moon. First you should do a Reverse Cuban Eight on the bow of zero degrees to the galactic plane. After you should to do another maneuver (reverse cuban 8) with Blood Moon on an azimuth of 45 degrees and make another (reverse cuban 8), finishing maneuver again at 45 degrees azimuth and make another (we already overgrown 90 degrees azimuth) and so on until you complete 360 degrees. The Pulse Doppler system (if it exists this starfighter) will capture the degree to which this ship is drifting in (in relation to spatial plane where the Blood Moon is it). It also give the displacement vector, as well as speed. With these information, you simply command the PPI to calculate the best route to intercept. And then FULL POWER Captain !!"

I've never heard of a pilot, or a world, named 'Cuban' but the ever-helpful 'Passepartout' pops up a schematic of the desired manoeuvres as an inset to the HUD. If I had named it, I'd have chosen 'Starboard Infinity-Loop Stitching' or something similar! No matter; it looks like a plan!

I make one adjustment to Uriel's recipe, we're already at full power and we'll be staying with that setting; it'll reduce the shock effect, both to the Tractor and to the target Starfighter, if there's as little velocity differential as I can arrange. There's going to be a major shock, though, whatever I do, if my prediction of the derelict's residual velocity is anything like accurate. Still, it should shake the pilot up enough to become aware a rescue ship's arrived!

"If this works, everyone, I'll be microjumpimg into Tractor Beam range immediately. Please ensure your restraints are fastened and well tightened down, Blood Moon will probably buck like anything when the Tractor first latches on! Any takers for a probable EVA excursion if the Pilot is also disabled?"

TAG: Bravo, galactic-vagabond422, Laine_Snowtrekker, Uriel Manteroni

Uriel Manteroni likes this.
  2. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Owen Byrne
    On board the Skipray, Draukyze System

Owen, 'fraid you'll have to go back to guarding our stern, Thank you, though!” Aiden said pulling the Spikray vertical away from the cruiser.

“Understood sir,” Owen returned to looking behind them, silently kicking himself. He misinterpreted what Aiden said the order was for his droid. The young man left their back unguarded for no reason and, sticking Evalynne with more responsibilities that he wasn’t sure she could handle. “Thanks Evalynne, for keeping an eye on our back.” Aiden and Uriel were talking about how to find and rescue this disabled craft, using words that Owen had never heard before. He wanted to ask Evalynne if she had any idea what they were talking about but, she was focusing on her job like he should be.

"If this works, everyone, I'll be microjumpimg into Tractor Beam range immediately. Please ensure your restraints are fastened and well tightened down, Blood Moon will probably buck like anything when the Tractor first latches on! Any takers for a probable EVA excursion if the Pilot is also disabled?" Owen tightened the straps on his seat and donned his helmet, no sense letting it get away from him.

“Sir,” He said looking toward the cockpit, “my armor can be sealed for EVA but, it only last for about 20 minutes, longer if I had an oxygen tank in my backpack.”

TAG: Tim Battershell Laine_Snowtrekker Uriel Manteroni Bravo

3. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: Tora Senshi (formerly "He"), Alexander Zat, Agent Bonds
    Darknon Station

Tora back-flipped, his feet catching the lower mandible of the creature in a Force-infused back flip that sent the creature stumbling backwards in the corridor. When he landed, Tora had his double crimson lightsaber out; he ignited one side as the creature ran his way. Tora danced away from the attack with a spin to the right, then as he came full circle he crouched as his lighjtsaber sliced through the nearest leg, collasping the creature to the ground. The dark creation from hell splashed on the floor, still trying to come after Tora; the ninja Jedi drove in for the attack towards the snapping jaws, coming up and under the creature's jaw as he ignited the second side of the blade up against the creature's jaw. The blade snapped to life through the creature's head and collasped dead at Tora's feet. Deactivating his lightsaber, Tora joined Zat and Bonds who were finishing up another bug.

"That," Bonds said as the bug lay a smoking mess among the blood, guts, and otherwise bloody remains of the station's inhabitants among the main corridor leading from the cargo bay where they had landed, "Explains why we couldn't get through to the station."

"I sense more up ahead," Zat said, reattaching his lightsaber to his belt, "We must be careful."

"This station is lost," Tora said in his usual bold voice (Dark Knight Batman voice), "We must see if what we came for is here and leave as quickly as we can. The Dark Side of the Force is strong here."

"And civilians? Women? Children?" Bonds asked.

"We're not here for them," Tora said and stalked off further down the corridor.

TBC
    OOG: Had a lot more planned, but I have a work meeting to go to. I'll be back online tonight after church.

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Pilot Officer Sal Brookes (Guardian 18), Pilot Officer Havoc Neb (Guardian 14), Merc X-Wings, heading away from the Johnny Boy

Sal Brookes followed close behind the other X-Wing, noting both how far they were from the Johnny Boy, far enough not to be hearing any comms, or getting updates to their sensor suites; and the gaggle of pirate snubships chasing them, what looked like the entire complement of Y-Ties on their tails.

"I think we must rather have upset them," Havoc finally said, to Sal's relief.

The Sullustan must realise he had wasted the run on the pirate cruiser's lower turbolaser, just striking the shield around it with his lasers, instead of putting a speculative torp' in, and then as they had blown past, they had picked up the pirates' picket ships, which had continued to chase them beyond the call of duty.

"Copy, One. We're not doing the Johnny Boy any good this far out." Sal sent. "We should head back."

"These frakkers aren't breaking off. Are you towing a piece of meat to make these puppies play with us?"

"You saw that?" Brookes shook his head, noting the light impacts through his seat, and the buzzes as enemy bolts tickled his rear shields. "So how do you want to play this? Split up, or stick together?"

"You barrel roll left, I'll loop up and back. We'll head back to the ship and hope that the CAP or the JB's defenses can help us out. If I get the chance, I'll knock out that lower turret, if it is still there. On three. One. Two. Three!"

"Well, here goes nothing." Sal forced his control stick hard to the left, the starfield spinning clockwise outside his canopy as he barrel-rolled in the opposite direction, very, very conscious that for a few seconds, he would be creating a bigger target profile for the enemy snubships, but unless he booked all the way to Draukyze, he had no choice.

Tag: no-one

5. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Winterkill
    Adrift near the Johnny Boy

“What do you mean it’s not working!?”

Immediately after he spoke, Winterkill caught the stress level carried in his voice and stopped. Feelings of stress indicated a lack of situational control and weakness, it confirmed a failure in problem solving; which was something he swore he’d never be again…ever: helpless.

He was beginning to feel the biting cold within the cockpit nipping at his pale flesh, even through his pilot’s suit, that, and the air was getting thin.

“Alright….give me a second. Let me think…….” He needed to get back to the CAP, to rejoin the fight. That’s was some sick joke, but he wasn’t going to be bested by his circumstances.

In the space of a heartbeat, the nagai snapped his fingers as an idea made itself known.

“Ok, Ghast. Forget the reboot for a moment. Attach yourself to the ship’s hull, then release yourself from your cradle. Point yourself towards the JB and lets see if those thrusters of yours can get us moving in the right direction.”

Ghast was quick to reply to that.

“What….of course I’m serious. The X-wing is weightless in space, we just need a bit of thrust to point us in the right direction. We don’t have much time. You can get back to rebooting after we get moving. Let’s go!”

It was a shot in the dark. He was no engineer or science officer, but he did know a few things. Hopefully, the clever ploy would work. If they got within com range in sufficient time….

Winterkill felt himself shiver. There was not much time left. His only other option was to go into meditation and lower his own vital functions, if just to conserve air. He was certainly no jedi, but they weren’t the only ones with a few clever tricks up their sleeves, force or no force.

Muffled sounds from behind the cockpit confirmed that his astromech was on the move. With the failed re-initialization of the X-wing systems, his only hope now depended on his astromech. Ironies of ironies…but now was not the time to consider such things.

“Alright, try a few bursts, lets see if that works….”

It had to work. It wasn’t like he could go outside and push.

Tag: @Bravo, @Sith-I-5 ( to see if his ploy works or not, add other story elements if it fits with current events )

Mitth_Fisto and Uriel Manteroni like this.
  6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: Tora Senshi (formerly "He"), Alexander Zat, Agent Bonds
    Darknon Station

"WHOA," Bonds said, catching up Tora and turning the man around at the shoulder (they were standing in front of a clothing store with a window front in the old station), "What do you mean we're not here for them? They're women and children you heartless Hutt!"

"Because," Tora said as he Force pushed Bonds to the ground as he spun around in a crouch as one of those legged creatures came through the class ready to take them all out; Tora leveled the creature with a skilled shot from a fielded LL-30 Blaster Pistol from his right thigh holster. The single shot brought the monster to a crumbling end in the corridor, Zat's lightsaber drawn and ignited and pointed at the creature's skull, "Idealists with guns prove nothing," [1] Bonds got up, shaking the debris from his clothes from the floor, "Those people would slow us down. We are not here for them, plain and simple," Tore holstered his pistol, "It's time the Jod start embracing that justice comes at a price."

TBC
    OOG: Once again, left short on purpose. I'm tying in a storyline between "He" and Lasso from our Temp Boards, which can be referenced on these new boards as a memory flash back on page 103 of our first game (Sep 23, 2012 at 6:27 PM). Once again, this is simply glue putting greater puzzle pieces together. Hehehe... :cool:

References

[1] Batman Begins; Ra's Al Ghul (2005, movie)
    - Summarized from Ra's Al Ghul

7. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012

"Sir, my armor can be sealed for EVA but, it only last for about 20 minutes, longer if I had an oxygen tank in my backpack."; is the immediate reply from Owen. Good man! My Armour shares both ability and endurance but it'll be much easier if I can stay aboard Blood Moon and handle the shipboard arrangements. For instance, I may need to temporarily turn off the ship's artificial gravity if the Pilot is unconscious or semi-conscious; to make getting him in through the lower hatch a process that will not cause injury, or further injury, as the case might be.

"Thank you, Owen, that'll be most helpful! Hopefully the EVA will take a lot less than twenty minutes, but there's a spare tank stored with my Armoured Vac Suit; you'll find both in the bunkroom. Please make sure you use a safety tether while you're outside the ship!"; I call back.

What I hope to do is quite simple in concept. The disabled Starfighter has a mass and a velocity which, when multiplied together produce a third attribute called 'momentum'. Blood Moon will also have a momentum, composed of her own velocity and her own - rather more significant - mass.

After the Tractor Beam attaches firmly, the linked pair of ships will become - for all intents and purposes - a single object; sharing a combined momentum, combined mass and equal velocities. Effectively, the Starfighter will be slowed down, and Blood Moon sped up; the degree of each change being directly proportional to the relative mass of each ship. From that point, I can bring Blood Moon's drive into play for a small braking burn, just enough to give us the ability to overtake.

The next step will be to invert Blood Moon over the derelict, so our hatch faces the fighter's canopy to make the EVA shorter and safer. Whether there'd be any value in 'towing' (in Blood Moon's case, pushing) the hulk to a known location for later salvage, or not, will have to be decided when we get there and bring the Pilot aboard. I hope his/her/its species is one that can breathe normal atmosphere, though, I don't know if we have any alternative breathing mixes - methane for example - in ship's stores!

By this time we've reached the datum point and 'Passepartout' is guiding Blood Moon through Uriel's recommended search-pattern manoeuvres.

Here I have a sudden thought, if it was me lost out there and I was physically capable of acting, I'd be doing everything I could to attract attention; even if that only meant 'signalling' by regular pulses of a survival-kit glow-rod. Fast though Starfighters (or any modern Starships) are, they don't travel at anywhere close to the speed of light in realspace.

"Uriel, we've commenced your search pattern, thanks very much for suggesting it. Would you be kind enough to help Evalynne scan for any kind of distress signal, please? Four eyes are better than two and the 'signal' could be nothing more than glow-rod flashes if the ship's power is completely out."

TAG: Bravo, galactic-vagabond422, Laine_Snowtrekker, Uriel Manteroni, (for information greyjedi125)

8. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Adrift…..

“What are you jabbering about? Inherent inert matter and volume weight ratios? Is it working or not?”

Ghast tried to explain again, in simpler terms.

“So, you’re saying you can’t build enough thrust with your own jets to correct our trajectory. Just great!!”

The nagai let out a stream of crystalizing vapor as he breathed out. He regarded the barely visible mist for a moment.

“OK, so let’s try something else. How about getting the emergency beacon going first.”

Winterkill didn’t want to run the risk of the beacon attracting an enemy ship, but he really had very little choice in the matter if he wished to survive. It’s not that as if he didn’t know what to do in such cases.

Ghast’s response caused him to raise an eyebrow.

“You already did that? When were yo going to tell me!?”

Well, at least something was working.

“Alright, get back in and try to reboot this floating coffin again. I need to conserve energy and oxygen. If we live through this, I’ll recommend that you receive and upgrade.”

The asteromech’s retort caused him to chuckle, just as he began to close his eyes. It was getting harder and harder to simply ignore the cold.

“I keep all my promises, don’t you worry…..”

And so, Ghast began another attempt at restarting the powerless X-Wing.

Meanwhile, the emergency beacon pulsed, emitting a pre-recorded distress signal and broadcasting the ship’s location.

Tag: @Bravo, @Sith-I-5,@Tim Battershell

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Pirate Lieutenant Eradic, Security Officer Pixi, Deputy Al'Kesh, Nurse Ulrike, Deck Two, the Johnny Boy

Eradic got the E-5 from under his armpit and cast it across the deck in front of him, whilst keeping a grip on the other gun.

Around him, the six BX commando droids were down on one knee, maintaining defensive positions.

One droid fired a couple of shots up the long corridor that was laid out in front of the pirate.

Eradic felt the hard tug on the bottom half of his flightsuit, as if something was trying to drag the clothing off him, and gritted his teeth as he tried to fight against it, but first his left leg slipped off his perch, then with a shriek, he was gone!

Pixi had moved into position just round the corner with the repeating blaster he had gotten from the Armoury, and had poked his face round to spy the intruders.

He pulled back fast as two bolts whipped past to smack into the wall behind him.

Pixi stepped half into view to give his weapon an open line-of-sight, and pressed the trigger, the barrel jumping as a volley of bolts flashed down the hallway to hit the first of the BX's, flashing but not penetrating the droid's brown torso, but with the total spray hitting it over a matter of seconds, the second bolt hit higher than the first, the third bolt higher still, and so on till one struck the droid in the head, shattered skull casing and circuitry bouncing against the walls, and the BX collapsing to one side.

Pixi stepped back into cover and dropped to one knee.

Energy bolts crashed noisily into the wall behind him, pitting the metal with charred craters, centred with little flames that were quickly extinguished.

"Pixi!" Al'Kesh called as he stepped from the turbolift with his Quick Reaction Force in tow. "Hold still!" He raised his blaster and fired at the black sphere that he had spotted floating close to Pixi's head, lighting up the oblivious human with a holo-recording beam.

The thing vapourised, the blast clear of Pixi, and dropped to the floor with a solid metallic bong.

"Alright, you can move." He called as he jogged up to stop beside the thin black-clothed Pixi, trailed by his Super Battle Droids. Al'kesh was subtle about it, but with Crewman Franks and Pilot Officer Trask fresh in his mind as he stood with his back to the wall, he had his Blastech DL-18 aimed at the nape of Pixi's neck. "I heard you were dead."

"Rumours of that were greatly exaggerated, and all that." Pixi retorted without looking, concentrating on the scene round the corner. "One clanker down, five left. Those frakkers are very close to Medical. Just outside in fact."

The Deputy nodded to himself and sighed, holstering the blaster. He pulled his comlink from under the dusty overcoat, bring it up to his mouth. "Security Unit Twelve from Al'kesh."

"Twelve here." That Naboo femme, Bali, answered.

"You two still in Medical?"

"Affirmative, Sir. A lot of patients in here."

"Right, you need to keep everyone in there, and not open those doors till we say. The intruders that caused that ship-wide impact are," the Devaronian could not help dropping his voice to a whisper, "right outside your door!"

Medical

Still on her knees, Nurse Ulrike rolled a casualty back onto his mattress, while listening to the ex-handmaiden talking to Al'Kesh on her comlink.

She was thinking about calling Mary Formal to help bring Mahaben along, but if they were blocked from bringing him into Medical by the firefight outside, they might as well let the security droid that Boras had spoken to, make its way up.

Ulrike stood, biting her lip as she looked around at the patients, and then across at the Selkath medic. "Doctor-"

She stopped as Bali shushed her, and waved past her at Pearce. "Everyone be quiet. We don't want to attract attention."

Bali directed Boras' attention to the screaming patient who had volunteered to forego the anaestetic. "Doc', can you shut him up?"

Outside the door, the unique sound of B2 firepower could be heard, muffled by the thickness of the doors.

Tag: Master Selkath, Bravo (for what happened to the dropped pirate)

Mitth_Fisto and Uriel Manteroni like this.
  10. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    OOG: Plenty for me to get caught up. Please bear with this post, and with me. :D
    IC: Evalynne Smith
    Aboard the Blood Moon

“Evalynne,” Owen said, looking at her from over his shoulder, “tell me if anything hostile appears on our 6 o’clock. I’ll be focusing on the pirate cruiser in front of us. Our day has been bad enough already we don’t need to be blown to blown to pieces by something I didn’t see coming because I was too blinded by the huge target in front of me.”

"Got it," Evalynne said, watching the various screens and their outputs. She was reminded of one of those real-time strategy games she would play on the sly, except that this was for real and actually important.

"Thanks, Evalynne! If the Sensors aren't identifying them they're probably enemy, also probably 'Uglies'; that's Navy-speak for ships cobbled together from different ship types. Generally inherit any weaknesses from both sides of the union, but armaments can be whatever's handy, so one mustn't underestimate them. Let us know if they start heading towards us please," Aidan called out, referring to the two ships her sensors had picked up.

She nodded. She'd heard of Uglies before--they were spoken of with both devotion and derision by the smugglers she knew. The two ships hadn't moved towards the Blood Moon. Not as far she could tell, anyway.

"Evalynne, scan given location, please, tell me what you find," Aidan ordered. A set of coordinates popped up on her screen and she set the scans in motion. Nothing. Maybe they were too far out. She reported as much.

"Evalynne, anything fitting the derelict's description on Sensors at the moment, please?" She shook her head and reported that there was still nothing that she could see. If the ship had still been moving when it went dead, it would just keep going. Like that one episode on a show she'd seen. Hopefully they could find the pilot before it was too late.

She listened as Uriel outlined a possible plan for finding the pilot; she didn't understand half of it. I'm definitely going to have to try and procure some flight manuals and learn this, she thought. Swoops didn't have to work in all directions. Not like this ship, anyway.

Aidan's order to Owen had meant that she no longer had to watch his six, at least literally. Metaphorically, that could end up being a different matter altogether. He sighed, as if he were beating himself up about something, and said "Thanks Evalynne, for keeping an eye on our back."

"Just trying to do my best," she said.

"If this works, everyone, I'll be microjumping into Tractor Beam range immediately," Aidan said. "Please ensure your restraints are fastened and well tightened down, Blood Moon will probably buck like anything when the Tractor first latches on! Any takers for a probable EVA excursion if the Pilot is also disabled?"

Evalynne made sure that her bag (and Uriel's weapons, the ones he'd dumped unceremoniously onto her lap) were stowed and that she was strapped in. No need for a blaster to get loose in a bucking ship.

Then Owen volunteered to go EVA, if necessary, to pick up the pilot. Now that was a skill Evalynne knew she didn't have. It would definitely take practice to handle the lack of gravity, not to mention handling someone else. Lots of things to learn, if they ended up surviving.

"Uriel, we've commenced your search pattern, thanks very much for suggesting it. Would you be kind enough to help Evalynne scan for any kind of distress signal, please? Four eyes are better than two and the 'signal' could be nothing more than glow-rod flashes if the ship's power is completely out."

Yes, but not just because of that. There was just a lot of space out there in space, and she was working with equipment she had very little experience with. Just another thing to have to learn on the fly. Thankfully she was a quick learner.

Something caught Evalynne's eye. A blip on the screen. She focused on it and read the output.

"We're picking up an emergency beacon," she said. "It's broadcasting a distress signal--seems to be our derelict--and the ship's location. Sending the coordinates to you now."

She hit the button that sent the coordinates to the cockpit while keeping an eye on the other scans. It'd be terrible if something snuck up on them while they were rescuing the pilot.

TAG: Tim Battershell, galactic-vagabond422, Uriel Manteroni, Intervention

11. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

"Thank you, Owen, that'll be most helpful! Hopefully the EVA will take a lot less than twenty minutes, but there's a spare tank stored with my Armoured Vac Suit; you'll find both in the bunkroom. Please make sure you use a safety tether while you're outside the ship!" Owen unbuckled and move to the bunkroom. He found the Vac Suit and checked the oxygen tank. Luckily it looked compatible with his armor. He returned to the cabin and slotted the pressurized cylinder into his pack. He was checking his seals when Evalynne called out,

We're picking up an emergency beacon, it's broadcasting a distress signal--seems to be our derelict.” Owen returned to his station and strapped in.

“Sir,” he said looking towards Aiden, “ready for EVA awaiting your order.” He turned his gaze to Evalynne, “Good catch,” he gave his attention back to his duties and waited for the order, smiling just a little. The young girl was handling the stresses of combat better than some troopers he'd seen.

TAG: Tim Battershell Laine_Snowtrekker Uriel Manteroni Intervention

12. Uriel Manteroni

Uriel Manteroni Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 24, 2014
    IC: Uriel Manteroni
    Blood Moon - Draukyze System.
    Thought; speech, action, NPC, PC.

Uriel did not respond. Just looked Evalynne. Aidan is obviously only thinking about saving this starfight, and he does not care about the feelings of a young girl.

In my interpretation of this order demonstrates that he does not rely entirely on the abilities of Evalynne. It's strange, because when we come face to face with pirates before long he gave her all the responsibility of protecting us ...

Definitely I will not offend Evalynne, she could be my daughter ... maybe if Aidan had sent the handsome Owen stay beside her, she liked it, but an old stinking beer like me!!

Unless there is another possibility: Just as Aidan searched my real identity, what would prevent him the search Evalynne? Suddenly he discovered that she is a spoiled girl who ran away from home for some reason futile and ephemeral !!

Anyway ... I will not offend her.

Uriel connects the intercom and link only with Evalynne:

"Evalynne I will not obey Aidan. For three reasons: 1- I do not like unnecessary fulfill orders; 2- I'm lazy; 3- and I trust in their warlike capacity!"

Evalynne instead of thanking says:

Uriel screams: "Yeahh !! I knew you could do it !!! Attention Cadet !!"

"Fast !!! On the auxiliary keypad enter:: Locking the Doppler system on signal beacon. In main touchscreen display, you will see a cross circulated by a polygon with 9 arms, tap your finger in this polygon and take you to the light sign of beacon !! This will cause the system to hang in HyperPulseDoppler signal and then give you a report in an auxiliary window: Altitude Target (relative of Blood Moon); Displacement vector; Speed."

"After that, you should go to another window and consultant the sensor IFF (Identification Friend Foe). If the sensor provide a neutral or friendly information. We have a great chance of having found our sick friend !!"

"With this information you must make the link between your console with Aidan's PPI console."

"Then, you go to do another link for me, this time from the information system of the beacon. Usually these systems operate in a universal emergency frequency and so I'll be able to contact the ship, if someone live in it, we be able to communicate !!"

Uriel was excited !! Not because they have found the starship, but because his pupil was able to do alone !!

I'm going to teach this girl all I know, she could be my daughter.

When I finish she will be a true Commander of Super Star Destroyer !!

TAG: @Tim Battershell, @galactic-vagabond422, @Intervention, @Bravo, @Sith-I-5

Tim Battershell likes this.
  13. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012

I've barely finished speaking when Evalynne pipes up from Sensors; "We're picking up an emergency beacon.... It's broadcasting a distress signal--seems to be our derelict--and the ship's location. Sending the coordinates to you now."

"Thank you, Evalynne, got 'em!", I say, as coordinates appear on my screen. I quickly instruct 'Passepartout' to calculate, and align the ship for, a Micro-jump to that location, allowing for time spent in transit.

"Sir," comes from Owen; "ready for EVA awaiting your order.... Good catch,". I assume the last two words are directed at Evalynne, not me!

Time to call up this contact and hope the Pilot's still conscious. If not, there'll likely be a very rude awakening in store! I select the unencrypted channel and set the volume high enough to wake the half-dead!

"Attention, vessel squawking 'Emergency'; this is Blood Moon. We're about to Jump close into your aft and slow you with our Tractor. Brace for deceleration and shaking about! Jumping in five.... four.... three.... two.... one..... Execute!".

The destination is so relatively close that it's one of those 'blink-and-miss-it' kind of Jumps. We come out of Lightspeed about half a klick behind what looks to be a bigger, meaner version of a Z-95 Headhunter, one with dividing stabilisation foils. Definitely an Incom Design, could it be one of the new fighters the team were working on when they disappeared? Never mind; I fish for its tail with the Tractor Beam.

Whoa! I'm very glad I'm armoured up, that felt like flying into thick glue for a moment! The instruments say we've got a firm grip (and are doing something like Eighty-five MegaLights into the bargain); so I initiate the braking burn, cutting it off when our combined speed has dropped to a mere Seventy-five. Good.... Release Tractor.... Stabiliser assembly to 'Landing' mode.... Invert ship.... Now, carefully ease her forward above the derelict.... There, that should do it; good as I can get without a visual feed from our emergency hatch. If Owen needs us closer he'll have to guide me in.

"Hope that's close enough, Owen! Also hope the Pilot's buttoned his helmet against vacuum, otherwise he'll have to cold-shirt it! Off you go.... and be careful!"

TAG: Bravo, galactic-vagabond422, Laine_Snowtrekker, Uriel Manteroni, greyjedi125

greyjedi125 likes this.
  14. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    IC: Evalynne Smith
    Aboard the Blood Moon

Before the sensors had picked up the probably-derelict ship but after Aidan had Uriel to help with the search, Uriel had spoken into the comm: "Evalynne I will not obey Aidan. For three reasons: 1- I do not like unnecessary fulfill orders; 2- I'm lazy; 3- and I trust in their warlike capacity!"

She suspected that it had been for her ears only. But she hadn't had time to think about--or respond to--it when the ship had shown up on the sensors.

"Thank you, Evalynne, got 'em!" Aidan said.

"Good catch,” Owen said before turning back to his console. She smiled. It was only a 'good catch' if it were actually the missing pilot. She was pretty certainly it was--the distress signal declared, among other things, that the ship was from the Johnny Boy--that was the corvette, she assumed--and was asking for help.

Then Uriel cut in across her thoughts, distracting her from what she was seeing unspool on her screen. "Yeahh !! I knew you could do it !!! Attention Cadet !! Fast !!! On the auxiliary keypad enter:: Locking the Doppler system on signal beacon. In main touchscreen display, you will see a cross circulated by a polygon with 9 arms, tap your finger in this polygon and take you to the light sign of beacon !! This will cause the system to hang in HyperPulseDoppler signal and then give you a report in an auxiliary window: Altitude Target (relative of Blood Moon); Displacement vector; Speed. After that, you should go to another window and consultant the sensor IFF (Identification Friend Foe). If the sensor provide a neutral or friendly information. We have a great chance of having found our sick friend !! With this information you must make the link between your console with Aidan's PPI console. Then, you go to do another link for me, this time from the information system of the beacon. Usually these systems operate in a universal emergency frequency and so I'll be able to contact the ship, if someone live in it, we be able to communicate !!"

She wasn't anyone's cadet. The Empire had made that clear when the recruiter had sneered at her and handed her application back. 'The Empire doesn't need someone like you,' he'd said, his voice dripping with disdain. 'No matter your qualifications.' He hadn't even cared to find out that she'd passed their tests, had the requisite background knowledge to get into the school, become an officer. It didn't surprise Evalynne one bit that the Imperial forces had almost no women, and that the ones who'd actually been accepted were either shunted into unimportant jobs or turned into people like Isard. And so instead her parents had sent her to the school she'd left.

She felt the ship shake as they performed another microjump. Aidan clearly knew what he was doing. Still, she expected to become as competent as she could, and make the the right actions here and now. She'd done the first thing Uriel had mentioned, locking into the ship's location and sending the coordinates to Aidan. After all, he was the pilot, and the captain, of this vessel. The second was easily accomplished, painting the ship as a Friend.

And the third task? Well, admittedly she hadn't thought of it, though it made sense. She keyed in the required sequences and connected Uriel's console with the beacon's information system. She didn't do it without any misgivings, however. Someone so apt to disregard the captain's orders due to either dislike of the orders or sheer laziness--well, the jury was still out on whether or not she could trust Uriel. Aidan and Owen, she'd already decided. Vacks she hadn't figured out well enough, but there'd be time for that later.

"Hope that's close enough, Owen! Also hope the Pilot's buttoned his helmet against vacuum, otherwise he'll have to cold-shirt it! Off you go.... and be careful!" Aidan said.

Evalynne hoped Owen would be careful. They didn't need another person stuck out in the cold.

"There you go," she said to Uriel. "You should be connected to the beacon's system now. If that's what you wanted."

TAG: Uriel Manteroni, galactic-vagabond422, Tim Battershell, Intervention

15. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

Owen felt the micro-jump then the shock of slowing the disabled craft. He looked at the feed from his turret. The craft was not one the former stormtrooper recognized but, it had an identifiable canopy. They were very close to the derelict.

"Hope that's close enough, Owen!” Aiden called out “Also hope the Pilot's buttoned his helmet against vacuum, otherwise he'll have to cold-shirt it! Off you go.... and be careful!" Owen unbuckled and snapped to attention.

“Yes sir,” he said giving another salute. Owen opened the inner door and climbed into the airlock. After sealing the hatch he vented the atmosphere. This was the moment of truth, he had EVA training but, never in this armor, and not since his ear damage. The utter silence of space greeted him as he opened the outer door. All he could hear was his own breathing. He attached the safety line and pushed off toward the foreign craft. After seconds of weightlessness his stomach became uneasy. He made contact with the ship and turned on his tac lamp. The light cut though the darkness and revealed the pilot, pale skin, black eyes and a strand of black hair. The trooper tapped on the canopy with his fist trying to get the being’s attention. He gave a hand signal asking if the rocketjock was ok. “Aiden,” he said over the com, trying with all his might not to throw up in a sealed suit. “Can you inform the pilot that I’m friendly.”

TAG: Tim Battershell greyjedi125 Laine_Snowtrekker Uriel Manteroni Intervention

16. Uriel Manteroni

Sep 24, 2014

Uriel received datalink of Evalynne, then Uriel set up the transmission system for the emergency frequency and he regulated power according to information from the beacon.

Uriel launched the sign that was attended by the automatic beacon. Then Uriel closed the link into your console and initiated the call:

"Starship adrift. Here Blood Moon. Listening?"

"We were sent on a rescue mission by JB."

"Captain Aidan want to talk you."

"Copy?"

Uriel calls Aidan on the intercom: "Captain is with you !!"

Aidan said:
    Uriel laughed !! Aidan really has no experience in rescue missions !! Ohh my God...Uriel shook his head in disapproval...

It Should not approach a ship broken in hyper-jump !! The spatiotemporal instability may affect the quantum structure of matter from the broken ship. Because the shields can to be turn off!

Owen was already out. He are close of ship.

Owen said:
    Uriel complete: "Captain, the speech it is your!"

TAG: @Tim Battershell, @Laine_Snowtrekker, @galactic-vagabond422, @Intervention, @Bravo, @Sith-I-5, @greyjedi125

greyjedi125 and Tim Battershell like this.
  17. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    OOC: Wow, you guys work fast. I went to work and comeback to see all these posts! W00T!!

Adrift…..

His heavy eyelids fluttered.

Sound.

Something was disrupting his rest, a loud sound. He wash’t even aware he had drifted off, but what was that sound. He could hear the what seemed like an astromech unit screeching….and something else. Something he could understand…though he was having trouble making it out. So cold…so cold.

["Attention….this is Blood Moon. We're about….into your aft and slow you with our…. Brace for deceleration and shaking! Jumping in five.... four…. two....Execute!”.]

The nagai sleepily looked down at his blaring communicator.

“wh…..who…..who is….this?” he barely managed to say aloud, his voice but a whisper.

Ghast continued to repeat the same thing.

“What’s….approaching…?”

A moment later, Winterkill’s question was answered by a forceful lurch. Thankfully, he was still strapped down to his pilot’s seat.

“SITH!!!”

That certainly roused him to a greater state of alertness.

“Ghast….report….what…just happened?”

A series of chirps and whistles ensued.

“A ship? what ship?”

[“Starship adrift. Here Blood Moon. Listening?"

"We were sent on a rescue mission by JB."

"Captain Aidan want to talk you."

"Copy?”]

It took a moment for the fog to lift from the moribund nagai’s mind as adrenalin shot into his system and with it clarity.

He was being rescued by a friendly force.

He could not move fast as his limbs were nearly frozen over, but he managed to return the call via his communicator. Ghast was patching everything to him.

“ I copy Blood Moon.This is Flight Lieutenant Winterkill of the Mercs requesting immediate egress. Condition critical. No power or life support.”

Trying to sound normal took nearly all the energy he was reserving just to stay alive and keep himself from dying. If this rescue was going to work, it had to happen now.

Tag: @Uriel Manteroni, @Tim Battershell, @Laine_Snowtrekker, @galactic-vagabond422

OOG: Hello there Uriel, Liane & gv422 a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Hope you are enjoying your time here in Echoes. Nice to RP with you. :)

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Terrel Vacks, Blood Moon

Terrel had been holding his breath so long, waiting to hear from the lost Merc, that his chest felt constricted, and he was feeling light-headed.

Then he heard those welcome words over the Blood Moon's commo board: "I copy Blood Moon.This is Flight Lieutenant Winterkill of the Mercs requesting immediate egress. Condition critical. No power or life support."

Terrel's breath released in a huff that speckled drops of saliva over the station he was seated at, and he bowed his head in relief.

After a moment, he raised his had again, and roared at his ship-mates, "Well, get him out of there!"

Tag: Uriel Manteroni, Tim Battershell, Laine_Snowtrekker, galactic-vagabond422

19. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012

Over the Comm come the words we've been waiting to hear; "I copy Blood Moon.This is Flight Lieutenant Winterkill of the Mercs requesting immediate egress. Condition critical. No power or life support."

It seems Vacks, in particular, has been anxiously waiting as he lets out his breath in a rush, pauses a moment with head bowed, then roars "Well, get him out of there!"

I turn the transmission gain down so not to blow our new friend's head off with excess volume and hit the Comm myself, "Flight Lieutenant Winterkill, Blood Moon. Secure flightsuit for vacuum and pop your canopy. We have a man outside your cockpit who'll bring you across to us. All the power, warmth and life support you could want! Room aboard for your astromech as well.... Break; Grim, contact esablished and he knows we're friendly! Unstrap him and bring him over here ASAP! Blood Moon, Clear."

TAG: Bravo, galactic-vagabond422, Laine_Snowtrekker, Uriel Manteroni, greyjedi125

Uriel Manteroni and greyjedi125 like this.
  20. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Beskaryc Taab/Atin Taab
    Hanger Bay, The Dishonourable Mynock/Speedy Trial

"Johnny B... Scorch. Copy ......ission. Voi..... evious transmi....ion."

The Trial continued to rock under the shuttle's heavy blaster fire as Lasso's reply came in, still garbled by static, but understandable. He gave a "two click" reply in acknowledgment, letting them know he had heard and understood the message. The Trial rocked again and Atin swore under his breath. What wasn't understandable was why the other's hadn't taken out that shuttle and her guns yet. His entrance had been unmistakable, as was the pirates reposnse. Why didn't buir (or someone else) do something?

Taab watched just as impatiently as the grenade Jeth hurled sailed through the air. It was an excellent throw, one that Taab even wondered if he could replicate. The Arkanian had skills, no denying that. With satisfaction Taab saw it explode upon contact with the shuttle's gun turret, obliterating the guns that were keeping Atin pinned and no doubt shocking those still inside the pirate boarding shuttle. How stunned they would be was a matter of how well conditioned and trained they were. Whether they decided to exit their safe craft and attempt to engage the boarding team that had engaged them was a matter of their orders and general disposition. In either case it was better to be ready.

Still anchored to the X-Wing Taab brought up his flame projector, ready to roast anyone that exited the stricken craft before they could engage the Mercs. His attention was taken away from his intended target by a sudden thump next to him, and the familiar voice. "You just had to take my ship didn't you?"

The explosion against the enemy shuttle ended any questions that Atin might have had about getting help from his comrades. "I take it all back," he muttered to himself referring to the rather nasty thoughts he had been having about them and their competence. The shuttle's guns were clearly knocked out, now it as time to join those comrades. He called out again to Totter. "Mind the groundbuzzers," reiterating that Totter's priority was to keep the hanger bay secure for the Mercs. Then he popped the hatch and made a quick combat roll out onto the deck of the Pirate ship.

He popped up quickly, taking no notice of the swirling wind now developing on the hanger deck. The thermal detonation seemed to have stunned everyone for a few moments. He located where his father was, still next to his X-Wing and sprinted over to him. He slid to a stop, banging into the craft next to his father and drew his own Westar-35s. He couldn't miss out on the opportunity to rib his father. "You just had to take my ship didn't you?"

His father's faceplate turned to face him, and though he couldn't see his father's face, he could hear the urgency, fury and even horror in his voice as he yelled at Atin. "The hanger is depressurizing, anchor yourself down you fool!"

TAG: Bravo, Sith-I-5, Mitth_Fisto

[​IMG]

21. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Being rescued….

[“Flight Lieutenant Winterkill, Blood Moon. Secure flightsuit for vacuum and pop your canopy. We have a man outside your cockpit who'll bring you across to us. All the power, warmth and life support you could want! Room aboard for your astromech as well....]

The nagai heard the message. He felt inward relief, but if he was somehow to die, his only regret would be that it was not in combat. He could feel himself passing out, so he didn’t waste time talking. He responded by clicking his com, ‘affirmative’. These men seemed to know what they were doing, so his answer should be understood.

Next, he made sure his pilot’s helmet was secure, the flight suit already was. He could feel himself passing out, so despite being half frozen and moving at a glacial pace, he had to make it. He willed himself to do so.

The pilot’s harness followed next. Funny how a simple thing seemed to become the most complicated in times of crisis. To his credit, Winterkill remained level headed. He’d long ago learned this skill. He focused on releasing himself from the chair’s trapping embrace, and just as his eyes were becoming too heavy to keep open, he worked on the emergency manual hatch release. He gave it all he could, raised his hands and pushed off with his legs.

His body began its slow ascent and only then did he remember he had not hooked on the safety tether, just in case the one doing the rescuing somehow missed grabbing him.

Frak!

That would mean he’d become a floating corpse, just like the one he saw in the debris field. Quite the ignominious end for the nagai, who was finally unresponsive.

Dark eyes closed as unconsciousness claimed the Merc. The creeping trauma administered by the freezing temperatures had bested even his fighting spirit.

Now all he could do was wonder as he slept; would he wake up somewhere familiar, or…would he finally find himself cast into one of the nine rings of perdition.

Only time would tell.

Tag: @Tim Battershell, @Uriel Manteroni, @Laine_Snowtrekker, @galactic-vagabond422, @Bravo

OOG: Quick response. I’m off to work again. I can’t check the boards from there, so I’ll have to wait until I get home. Have a great day everyone!

22. Uriel Manteroni

Sep 24, 2014

The pilot drift responds:
    Vacks then says,
    Aidan then takes control of the situation:
    Uriel thinks: Well he should not be fine, usually the cold outside is almost -272 K. I hope his flight jacket is very warm.

Uriel then went whistling (OOG: first 10 seconds of the song -> http://www.vagalume.com.br/flo-rida/whistle.html) for the back of the Blood Moon, goes toward the first aid compartment that Aidan had earlier showed in the begin of adventure.

Once there, Uriel open the compartment and looking for ( yet whistling) Bacta, found some capsules of muscle regeneration (well, the kid should have frozen some parts). Uriel also found a hyperthermic positronic system, (a simple injection and the body temperature rises to the minimum levels) after all, the guy should be in hypothermia. And finally meets some special pills to perk up unhappy boy (with this darn cold, he should be a bit lethargic). Uriel looking for resuscitators and then:

Ops Ops Ops !!! Now Now behold, an aphrodisiac pill Zeltron here !!! Hey hey ... This Aidan looks more naughty one !! Uriel laughed out loud !! "Ahahahahhaahha ah aha !! "

Uriel then chooses a pill for common reactivation that will leave the Ice-Man in shape quickly. I'll leave this pill Zeltron for any special event. Uriel takes "borrowed" some 4 pills Zeltron and keeps in his Corellian jacket.

Uriel is adjacent to the escape hatch, to help Owen when they arrive. He was with all medications on hand. The re-entry system was formed by a cut antivacum pump to prevent the internal atmosphere will be exit for space.

"Hey Captain Aidan, you could operate the system of re-entry antivacum, so we can get our guest?"

TAG: @Tim Battershell, @Laine_Snowtrekker, @galactic-vagabond422, @Intervention, @Bravo, @Sith-I-5, @greyjedi125

23. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Draukyze System

Owen waited almost impatiently for the pilot to open the canopy. The pilot checked his helmet then slowly unbuckled his harness. Once the cockpit opened the pilot pushed off and drifted towards the Skipray. Owen tugged on the flightsuit of the other being to bring him closer. The humanoid didn’t seem to react as the armored man wrapped an arm around his waist and pulled him close. Owen pushed off the dead craft heading towards safety. The tether assisted in keeping them on course for the Skipray.

“Aiden, sir,” he said over the comm. “I have the pilot, he is unresponsive, will be sending him thought the airlock first. Suggest immediate first aid.” The soldier carefully opened the outer door and gingerly guided the unconscious body, feet first, into the airlock. Sealing the door Owen commed Aiden again “Pilot is secured in the airlock. Await your all clear.”

TAG: Tim Battershell Uriel Manteroni Laine_Snowtrekker greyjedi125 Intervention

24. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012

"Aiden, sir," Owen reports over the Comm; "I have the pilot, he is unresponsive, will be sending him thought the airlock first. Suggest immediate first aid.". Then, a very short time afterwards; "Pilot is secured in the airlock. Await your all clear.".

"'Passepartout', set Artificial Gravity to twenty-five percent, please. Also Comm that astromech. If Starfighter thought to be entirely dead, set self-destruct for thirty minutes in mechanical mode, detach and transfer across to Blood Moon. If thought to be salvagable, disable beacon, record accurate course and speed information in current condition, then detach and transfer over.".

It may be a bit cheeky, but I've no intention of leaving Pirates or other scavengers a gift of however many missiles the fighter still has in its magazines. After all, they (and the launch systems) could end up in/on an Ugly, ditto the energy weapons.

Coping with the full weight of a grown man in the confines of the utility corridor will be tricky, setting the Gravity to a quarter of normal will make an accidentally-dropped patient much less prone to sustain injury from the fall. He'll still retain his mass (every kilogram of it) but it's the acceleration downwards that does the damage. I see Uriel has gathered Medical Supplies (without asking!) and moved right up to the hatchway (without orders!). Well, if a mass equal to One Pilot lands right on top of him and knocks him flat, he's only got himself to blame!

"Terrel, do you know this Pilot, particularly any allergy to standard treatments he may have?". My own allergy has made me painfully aware that others might share the exact same, or a similar, condition. Ordinarily I'd hold back from anything being done without checking with his Medical File (except in a dire emergency), but the Johnny Boy's Pill Pusher department are liable to be rather busy right now!

"'Passepartout' cycle airlock and open lower hatch please, when patient clear of lower hatch, close it, vent atmosphere and open outer hatch.

Grim, Outer airlock hatch will open as your cue!"

TAG: Bravo, galactic-vagabond422, Laine_Snowtrekker, Uriel Manteroni, greyjedi125, Sith-I-5

25. Uriel Manteroni

Sep 24, 2014

Aidan approached the hatch and looked annoyed to Uriel.

Hmmm ... I forgot that I should have asked permissions... finally ...

Aidan says,
    "Captain, your question is easy to answer. If this pilot flight jacket is regulatory, well... if the Mercs follow the rules, then there are one HoloNet system built on the right shoulder of the flight jacket. If you approach a datapad with a reader, he will get all emergency information regarding the health of the pilot: blood type, allergies, weaknesses, illnesses and contraindications, etc."

Uriel gestured to the thing at hand: "If he is not a bastard sick and with allergies, with these supplies we can save him. Because after all, it is not anyone who supports -272 K!"

Uriel stared at Aidan, waiting for "orders" ... Gee, I did not see the time to get off this ship and regain my freedom ...