main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Intervention: Echoes in Eternity (An Original Trilogy Game; Always taking new players!!!)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bravo, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOG: Using my Bravo username to post for my NPC Intervention sock, so I can keep track of PMs tonight.

IC: General Preeminent Hilick Soal
    Hanger Bay (port), Assertor-class Star Dreadnought Darkest Night, high orbit above Nishr

[​IMG]

Hilick Soal walked down the line of shuttles (a Ysalamir on his back), mostly reserved for officers and other "special operations" purposes (a course there was the oddly placed Sentinel and Gamma here and there among the mostly TIE Shuttles and Lambdas), that populated one of the upper smaller hanger bays. Commandant-General Zero had made respectable time from his VicStar II and now Hilick had wished the two officers be alone, walking in between the row of shuttles. While the Emperor had his spies aboard the Darkest Night and the Royal Guardsmen and others of that corps being the most visible signs of that spy network, Hilick had his own spies watching the Emperor's spies. It was a cat and mouse game, but unlike last time---before Hilick's death---the Emperor had no clue that his spies were only allowed to be within any given range of Hilick Soal when Hilick wanted it...it was, to be said, the evolution of Hilick's loyalty. Everything was mapped out, game planned...everyday. The Emperor's spies always had access to Hilick when the General Preeminent wanted them to do so and which was quite regularly as to keep the illusion going.

Death taught you a lot about the living.

"I hear you have news for me," Hilick was saying as the two walked alone, a group of Imperial Marines and Imperial Navy Commandos kept a respectable distance behind the rows of shuttles and from behind, providing security for the General Preeminent; down at the end of their long walk, a prepped and ready Lambda-class T-4a shuttle was standing by with boarding ramp lowered and two Novatroopers standing sentry on either side of the ramp; inside that shuttle, aside from the 6 man shuttle crew, were two fully equipped eight man squads of eight Imperial Stormtroopers for security with Captain Duke P. (Patrick) Totter (Second Officer of the Darkest Night) providing personal security and ranking command officer, with a Naval Lieutenant providing personal administrative services, and finally a Surveillance Agent from Imperial Intelligence and finally it would be Soal himself, rounding out the 20 passenger load-out.

"I do, General Preeminent," Zero said, his hands cuffed behind his back, "We have heard from the other galaxy."

Hilick kept quiet for a moment, then nodded, and asked, "Did he survive?"

"So far, but it seems that the Multiverse and Many-worlds interpretation wormhole travel had unexpected effects on his body. He has aged extremely so and is, indeed, dying. But we have him on life support and are recovering as much information as we can from his mind and other equipment as we can."

"Then how did this Jim Palso survive the time travel?" Hilick asked.

"There are many theories," Zero was saying as the two stopped for a moment---the bubble security force stopping as well---in the middle of the hanger floor, "But one is that, unlike us forcing the wormhole to reappear at his entry point into our galaxy, it was naturally formed, thus giving Jim Palso more natural protection to it's side effects---but this theory, we cannot prove without studying a wormhole. However, there is another theory, one more...interesting."

"More interesting?" Hilick said, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes," Zero placed carefully as the two began walking again and the bubble security shadowed them, "Our agent, he found something. Aside from the Imperial Remnant and New Republic and Yuuzhan Vong. He found something else...he found the Kingdom of Jod."

"I see..." Hilick said, thinking, "...and?"

Zero smiled, "If our immediate theories hold out, then we believe the Red Rock that powers their ships...it's also capable of time travel, not just of unlimited power and healing properties. Which could explain a great many things about them."

"It could," Hilick agreed, "Or maybe it wouldn't. Multiverse and Many-worlds interpretation is a very tricky matter indeed, Commandant, and one we shouldn't rush into."

"Agreed, General," Zero said, "But one we can solve with both this Jim Palso and the Red Rock. If we can link the two, we could discover how Palso got here and reproduce that method for ourselves."

"And what the Emperor really wanted," Hilick stopped, looking at Zero, "Do you have a team ready for this operation?"

"I have assigned two of my men to meet up with the Gladiator II-class Star Destroyer Gallant over Naval Station Validusia. There, I have a hand-picked squad from Craci Prime I formed. They will chase down this Jim Palso," Zero lowered his voice, a renewed gleam in his eye, "General, if you want to have your rebellion within the Empire, then it is through the Stormtrooper Corps. The Corps is what holds the Empire together. And it will be what breaks the Empire apart."

Hilick nodded thoughtfully, "See to it. And keep me informed of this Stormtrooper unit."

"As you wish, General," the alien nodded slightly and was off, going back the opposite direction and back to his shuttle.

Hilick began his walk again to the shuttle and when at the ramp a short time later, looked off to his left, into the shadows, where a one Commander Top, of the Storm Commandos, waited in the shadows. The Commander had had a audio feed to a hidden recorder in Hilick's clothing that, with the Ysalamir, the Force-using Zero could not detect. By now, Zero's retreating body form was long gone and boarding his shuttle. Hilick simply turned his head back forward, giving no sign, and went up the ramp of his own shuttle.

But the sign had already been given. A look was all Commander Top would need.

TBC

2. Master Selkath

Master Selkath Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 5, 2013
    IC: Boras Felroah
    En route to the Mess Hall, Mess Hall, Johnny Boy

Boras stood in front the door of the medbay. He had been treating injured soldiers since the initial attack. Now he finally had a moment of peace. He couldn't do much more for the majority of the injured. The medical droids could handle the crew members still in the medbay. Either way, he was told that he should head to the Mess Hall. Doctor Cook had left a few minutes ago. Boras had grabbed his lab coat as he closed the door and began to walk towards the Mess Hall.

As he walked down the hallway, thoughts began to fill into his mind. Now that he didn't have his patients to deal with, he began to feel the pain that was building up in him. A crewman had reported that Mahaben had passed away. The Jedi was one of the few that he had became acquainted with since he joined the Mercs. Mahaben had saved his life when he was trapped under the debris at Craci Prime. The man had saved his life and he couldn't return the favor. Why didn't I try to go and get him when he needed help the most? he thought.

Boras knew that the pain would reside in him for sometime. Work was the best way to get his mind off of the issues he was facing. Maybe he could get his mind off of it once he got to the Mess Hall.

As Boras neared the Mess Hall he began to hear yelling coming from within. He couldn't make out what they were saying but he could tell there were a lot of voices in there. A fight was the last thing this ship needed after the events of today. As the door opened he saw Captain Lasso firing a shot at something. The Mess Hall was filled with some crew members he knew and some new faces but that wasn't Boras's concern. His eyes followed the shot and it connected with a chair... a chair of all things. Was this some form of target practice? It wasn't likely considering the fact that they have already gone through hell today. Boras doubted that the Captain and the others had gone mad either. That eliminated the two possibilities of why they were attacking a rolling chair.

Boras, with a confused look on his face asked, "Captain, whats going on here?"

Tag: Mess Hall Group

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Chair (today, gone tomorrow), Mary Formal, Yavscout, Mr Biggs, Johnny Boy

The chair's thick pseudopod parted instantly under Winterkill's blade, spraying viscous green ichor under high pressure as they parted and whipped about, spattering hard into Havah Jeth's back and splashing off to both sides of him, hitting table tops and both the forward and rear bulkheads, eliciting a disgusted squeal from a cringing Mary as the splash crossed the room to to decorate the white bulkhead several metres to her left with icky palm-sized harlequin splashes!
    The whipping tentacle hugging Jeth spewed green fluid in a tightening spiral around him as it unwound itself, but the violent spraying was short-lived, exhausted after a few seconds, bookended by a clatter of crockery as Masha finally took the hint and disappeared from the elf's sight beneath the terrain of table-tops.

About frakkin' time! The elf thought. If there was time after this crisis, we would definitely have a word with her.

Yav's eyes followed the coherent green spray hose up the wall to his right, then flicked back to the action as an un-recognised male voice called from under the tables:

"Captain, recommend we stand down and think things though. The 'Chair' appears to be at least semi-sentient!"

"Breach Team," Lasso called out, his hand moving with his own words to adjust something on his gun. "Shoot to kill!"

"About time!" Mary retorted from across the room, opening her arms from their defensive pose protecting her from the splashes to the straight-armed double-handed grip on 'Roberta'.

Yav adjusted his blaster, but didn't have a shot, clean or otherwise, and was about to ask if either Jase or Mary did, when the Captain opened fire at a downward angle.

The Commander didn't see what he was aiming at, but the effect of the shot was to drop the back of the chair slightly into view from behind Jeth, and he put that to good use, sending a pair of green bolts towards it, burning through the black leather to expose the grey metal underneath, the force knocking the chair over to land beside where Winterkill either was or had been laying, its upended wheels spinning lazily.

Both Yav and Mary threaded cautiously through the tables, to approach the mutinous furniture, weapons straight-armed in front of them to cover the thing, till the both of them were standing over it.

Pow pow! Mary put a couple more shots into the unmoving seat. "Double tap."

"Went down easier than I thought it would."

"Wonderful defense mechanism," She quoted, though it was doubtful anyone present had seen the film she was paraphrasing, "you don't dare kill it."

"At the very least," Mr Biggs commented, peeking cautiously over the top of his counter, "you put a tarpaulin down first."

Mary's comlink bleeped to indicate an incoming call. She raised it to her lips. "Formal." She rolled her eyes. "This again? You know I'm not qualified for starfighter duty. Besides-" She paused to listen to whoever was talking, visibly simmering, while Yav in turn watched her, trusting in the other Mercs to warn him if the chair moved. "Feth! Fine, I'm on the way." She started to stalk past the Captain, an annoyed look on her face.

"What is it?" Yav asked, looking after her, and spotting Boras beyond her, standing in the doorway.

Mary turned back. "That was the bridge. I'm needed in an X-Wing to join the Reserve Flight outside. Some ship called Vamp just left the hangar without authorisation and did a runner. Oh-" She turned and squatted low enough for her cheongsam to offer an eyeful, and to meet the gaze of the knife-toting pilot from Danoor. "-they said they'd be calling you next."

Bracing herself with a hand on a clean bit of table, Mary rose as Masha's comlink started to go off.

Tag: Bravo, Heavy Isotope, All in Mess Hall

4. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    IC: Evalynne Smith
    Aboard the Johnny Boy, Mess Hall

Everything was happening quickly. Chairs with leathery tentacles, really sharp knives and icky green ichor, dead chairs and officers straight out of some investigative holoshow.

Was this a normal thing with the Mercs? Weird stuff and danger? The whole situation reminded her of another holoshow she'd watched and loved--weird stuff and danger seemed to be that show's forte. She'd never dreamed she'd be living it, though she knew enough to know that reality wasn't likely to end in decently well-off, let alone happily ever after.

Not for the last time, Evalynne wondered what had driven her to leave her home planet, her boyfriend, and her boyfriend's family to join up with this group of beings fighting the Empire. Well, beyond her parents' plans to marry her off to some up-and-coming Imperial sycophant.

The lady officer--Evalynne was sure glad that there were other women in the crew--looked annoyed as anything, and something she said unhappily caught her attention, something about a ship named Vamp.

McShouty. Mr. Prefers-Not-To. Uriel. Had to be. He'd used the callname Vampire, hadn't he? And while Vamp wasn't necessarily the same word, it wasn't a far stretch of the imagination to think that the man had called himself and the ship the same sithed thing. Add that to the fact that Uriel hadn't shown up to the Mess Hall for all the antics with a supposedly sentient chair, and the puzzle pieces just fit together.

"I haven't done much betting in my life, but I'd bet that ship was Uriel's and that the pilot was Uriel," she offered from her place on the floor, pulling herself up onto her knees. It was dustier in here than a mess hall probably should be, but they'd just been in some type of fight before this. She wiped her hands on her pants. "He used the callsign Vampire when we were all aboard the Blood Moon. What his motives are, I have no idea. Unless it has something to do with the map he kept talking about during any spare moment we had on our flight here."

She looked at Dodd and Owen, hoping that one (or both) would back her up. Everyone had their secrets (including her), but this . . . this wasn't one of them. She had nothing to hide when it came to Uriel and the barest of bare acquaintances she had with him. And she wasn't going to let McShouty's untrustworthiness jeopardize her chances with the Mercs. No, until she had reason to do differently, Evalynne would look out for herself and those she loved. Loyalty was given, but its continuance was earned.

TAG: Bravo or whomever for the info, others in the Mess Hall

5. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Owen Byrne
    On board the Johnny Boy, Mess Hall

The breaching team made entry apearently spooking the chair into evasive action. A stun blast missed the autonomous object as it came to a stop behind the Merc that was standing on the other side of the room. Black tentacles wrapped around the Arkanian and Owen began to question the quality of the meat in the sandwich he just ate. The scene that played out in front of him was something out of a dream or hallucination. Captain Dodd, who the soldier hoped was also taken aback by recent occurrences, called for calm, which made sense with a breath or two maybe some semblance of order could be made out of this. On the other hand, it could turn into a hostage situation, leaving Lasso or someone else to try to negotiate with an at one time inanimate object. The stand down was unheeded and the pale skinned pilot slashed at the dark appendage holding his crewmate hostage. The blade cut straight through causing an unknown green fluid to spray out. Owen ducked his head down, he had no idea what the liquid was and wasn’t about to let it touch him and dirty his armor even more. Five shots ring out and the young man peered over the edge of his cover position. The chair was down, situation normal, or as normal as it could be. Part of Owen was missing the Stormtrooper Corps. everything was straight forward in their ranks. Follow orders, get the job done and they never had to deal with things that made you question your own sanity. The woman in the dress answered her comlink, she did not seem pleased with the converstion.

What is it?” the being in gold armor asked

That was the bridge.” She replied “I'm needed in an X-Wing to join the Reserve Flight outside. Some ship called Vamp just left the hangar without authorization and did a runner.” The name seemed familiar to the former freelancer but he couldn’t quite place it.

I haven't done much betting in my life, but I'd bet that ship was Uriel's and that the pilot was Uriel,” Evalynne said still on the ground. Owen looked down as she got to her knees and dusted herself off. "He used the callsign Vampire when we were all aboard the Blood Moon. What his motives are, I have no idea. Unless it has something to do with the map he kept talking about during any spare moment we had on our flight here." She looked to the soldier then the captain of the Skipray that had brought them here. It made sense, Uriel looked like he was itching to get away from people and use that map he found. The last time anyone saw him he was heading to the hargar.

“I agree,” Owen called out “I’ve only known the man for a few hours but, he seems to follow his own orders. If you can get a visual on the craft I can confirm whether or not it is Uriel.”

TAG: Laine_Snowtrekker Bravo Others in the Mess Hall

6. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Aidan Dodd
    Mess Hall - Johnny Boy.

Winterkill's blade's slash was effective, a bit too effective for my taste since it released a high-pressure, if short-lived, jet of liquid to spray around the Mess Hall. I'd have called it an 'Arterial Spray' apart from the colour, a poisonous shade of green, not the normal red. Despite that, it behaved exactly the same as blood, producing some interesting 'Spatter Patterns' on bulkheads and tabletops, probably on the deckhead too - except for the fact that I can't see though the tabletop I'm sheltering under! It's also caught at least one being, the Arkanian.

"Well", I think wryly, "the Mess Hall is now a real mess! Hope we don't get lumbered with the clean-up duty."

Either not having heard, or having disregarded, my suggestion, the Captain orders "Breach Team, Shoot to kill!" and a female voice comments; "About time!".

As the firing starts, my first thought is how like Imperials these Mercs are acting - worse, in fact, as Imperials wouldn't treat an inappropriate Mess Hall cuddle (and, aside from moving itself about the place, that is all I have observed the Chair to actually do) as meriting anything more than dishonourable discharge.

My second thought is one of regret that the Captain's overly-hasty (in my view) actions have now completely eliminated any possibility of opening a dialogue with the Chair - provided a means of two-way communication could be established - and maybe gaining useful Intelligence information from it.

Various comments are made; I think prematurely, regarding the Chair's 'demise'. The only evidence for that conclusion is that it's now lying flat on the deck with some holes in its upholstery from the Blaster fire . The problem, assuming recent events aren't some carefully orchestrated wind-up (and nothing I've seen has been beyond the capabilities of a workshop crew specialising in mechanical 'Special Effects') is how does one judge 'death' in the case of something that wasn't 'alive' in the first place? If it was a wind-up, I'm proud that Evalynne and Owen both kept their cool and showed respect for the Captain's rules - not that he's just shown much evidence of respecting them himself!

Then the female shooter takes a Comm call and replies to the (presumed) Elf's inquiry with "That was the bridge. I'm needed in an X-Wing to join the Reserve Flight outside. Some ship called Vamp just left the hangar without authorisation and did a runner. Oh-" She continues, in a louder tone, to someone else in the Mess Hall; "-they said they'd be calling you next."

Evalynne replies with "I haven't done much betting in my life, but I'd bet that ship was Uriel's and that the pilot was Uriel.... He used the callsign Vampire when we were all aboard the Blood Moon. What his motives are, I have no idea. Unless it has something to do with the map he kept talking about during any spare moment we had on our flight here."

"I agree.... I’ve only known the man for a few hours but, he seems to follow his own orders. If you can get a visual on the craft I can confirm whether or not it is Uriel." Owen interjects.

Time fo me to make it unanimous, then!

"Make that three in agreement. I'd just asked Mister Winterkill to check with the Hangar Bay about him and his ship when the Captain shouted at all of us to get down; but there wasn't enough time to make the call. Definitely meshes with his impulsive nature, though.... Come to think of it, he certainly showed some interest when Terrel mentioned the Kingdom of Jod actually existed.... If he's still using the ship he fled an Imperial arrest team in, just after the Empire was declared, it's a heavily-modded variation on the TIE Fighter design, full capabilities unknown."

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, Laine_Snowtrekker Sith-I-5, Bravo, greyjedi125, Mitth_Fisto, Others in Mess Hall.

7. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Havah Jeth
    Johhny Boy, Mess Hall

The things that happened next, to be honest he had found the tentacle weird, so the arterial or at least pressurized spray of fluids and the intervention of Winterkill saw to making the moments. . .interesting. He could feel the warm spray upon himself as his companions blade beat his own to the punch and succeeded in severing the tentacle first off, then he felt the tug as he was about to release his mag boots lock down. Something which brought the plan of his arms finishing their come back swing from a pointless twist before he began kipping himself back and over. . .one to many forces pushing for him to go that way he soon would of found himself not only being liberally coated in green wash, but coming up, over, and down hard upon his side, or face.

Not that he was able to have such a drawn out rational thought process to his predicament, but training and memory paused his hands as he felt the futile tug back that merely made his hips sway, and then he watched as the breach team shot between his legs and the tentacle around his middle loosened with a twisting gush before landing on his feet. As for the snow drift for brains that had shot between his legs, well it had better have been a sniper with appropriate weapon or he was going to have to seriously restrain himself from decapitating the idiot. He just hoped it wasn't one of the new recruits. Killing one in front of the others would make such a bad impression on the others. Although now that he thought of it, the chair and unprofessional breach had probably beat him to that, so what was an extra death?

Someone had shouted many somethings but his mind was not up to the task or reasoning out of who had said what, it didn't matter anyway, what was done was done and actions spoke louder than words. So with a demagnetizing click he turned on his heels to look at those behind him, Lasso, Yav, and Mary were the prime suspects to have given the angle of that shot, well the recruits got to live another day and he couldn't kill any of them openly. That didn't preclude a little evisceration now did it?

"Which one of you shot between my legs? And am I really needed for this briefing?" He simply stated in a low and controlled voice just barely loud enough to get their attentions. It was a controlled tone he rarely used, but he was tired, had been recently stunned, grabbed by furniture for unknown ends, was covered in an unknown fluid from said furniture, his mind was not reacting properly as he looked upon his own recent memories, and he. . .was. . .sober!

An untenable situation the last in and of itself. So to say that he was at least mildly, put out, at the moment would be stating the situation lightly as he glowered with bare eyes upon those present.

TAG: Sith-I-5, Bravo, greyjedi125, @Mess Hall Group

8. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Beskaryc Taab/Atin Taab
    Mess Hall, Johnny Boy

Atin ducked involuntarily as the green ichor spewed all over the mess hall. He had no idea what it was that Winterkill's blade had "liberated" from the chair, blood, some sort of mechanical fluid or even acid, but he knew he didn't want it to touch him. He wondered briefly if he should "suit up" fully and replace his beret with his buy'ce (helmet) but before he could make a decision Captain Lasso gave a decisive sounding order.

"Breach team, shoot to kill."

About shabla time was all Atin could think as a series of blaster bolts erupted, finally taking the thing down. Atin holstered his sidearm and pushed off from the floor with his hands, throwing himself upright. "By the manda, what is going on?" he shouted out as he watched Crewperson Formal pump two more shots into the chair at close range. A moment later his father entered the hall fully, finally deeming his reserve position just outside the doors as no longer necessary. He was followed a few moments later by a Selkath Merc, though Atin had forgotten his name.

The Chief of Security walked up to what had once been his office chair and kicked at it gently with his armored toe. It made no movement, but how to determine if it was actually dead or not? He cocked his head, still looking at the dead chair when Formal's comm link went off.

Taab listened in on her end of the conversation, noting her reluctance to be pulled off for fighter duty. He looked to her for a moment. She had gett'se (in this context, courage), her attempt at slicing into the security terminal in his office proved that. Just what had she been trying to accomplish anyway? The answer to that would have to wait it appeared. In any case, it was too bad she had failed, he would have been impressed with that bit of resourcefulness. Instead her failure left him, irritated and disappointed. Still he had to applaud her effort.

He looked away from her now, back to the chair, though he continued thinking about her as he watched the chair for any signs of resistance. Formal had recently taken the security quals hadn't she? He would have to check her records to be sure. He would also have to check out the rest of the security holo footage for his office to see if her story regarding his chair panned out. If it did, well then maybe he had a job opportunity for her, a change of profession within the Mercs organization that would benefit them both, and maybe, just maybe give her another chance to impress him.

Masha's comm link sounded, it seemed she too would be called away. The new Mercs sounded off with their observations. Something about a map, a Vampire and Uriel. It all sounded harmless enough. Of course he could also be a scout sent to find the Mercs, and now that he had he was off to report in to his superiors. Better safe than sorry, he commed down to security people still on station in the hanger bay.

"Montoya, sweep the hanger for trackers. I want to make sure our recently departed guest didn't leave any unwanted gifts aboard."

"It will be done," came the nearly immediate reply.

Taab nudged the chair again with his boot now, still eliciting no reaction from it. "Recommend disintegrating it Skipper, just to be sure." He finally holstered his own sidearm and looked to the Captain and shrugged before adding, almost forlornly. "Too bad, it was a comfortable chair."

TAG: Mess Hall Folks.

[​IMG]

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Talka'pa and Kalka'tech the Wookiees, H-3PO (Hangar Threepio), Johnny Boy hangar

The visors of their vacsuit helmets pushed up above their foreheads, like transparent peaked caps, both Wookiees had taken a brief break before the last of the X-Wings returned, to study the Clawcraft that the stranger had entered about ten to twenty standard minutes before. They worked in a hangar. Of course they were going to take an interest in spaceships.

A hatch opened in the side, and a human's sleeved arm placed a dark coloured bottle onto the deck, then retreated back into the ship like someone had 'just put the empty milk bottles out'

"[We find the shop that came from, we might be able to claim the ten millicred deposit.]" Talka'pa suggested.

"[That practice died out before the Clone Wars became news,]" Kalka'tech pointed out.

The craft above the bottle thrummed into life as the last X-Wing to enter was being guided to a spot by Ellie and her handheld light sticks.

Normally they used an internal tractor projector to grab airborne craft, and guide them to landing spots, but it was being used to press a rectangular slab of durasteel over the hole in the ceiling, while a quartet of astromechs, including those of pilots, were up there on their jet thrusters, welding the slab into place, while a repair crew on Deck Two did the same thing above.

"[Not bad flying;]" Talka'pa growled, "[that bottle is still standing.]" He looked over as his brother's white vacsuit started bleeping.

Kalka'tech unzipped his gear to pull out the comlink, bringing it up to his lips. "[Honey, what's wrong?]"

"[It's her, isn't it?]" The Wookiee not in a relationship, asked, referring to Chief Williams' daughter. He raised his right arm and flicked it in an extremely good impression of neuronic whip, "[whit-TISH!]"

Kalka'tech lowered the comlink, pressing it against his chest while he whined quietly to his brother. "Mu na ya (Please go away)."

"[Not a chance, Buddy!]"

Both ignored the the Vamp's departure. The comings and goings of ships did not get cleared through them, so they had no reason to believe the Clawcraft was leaving without permission.

"You three!" Talka'pa snapped his head around at young Ellie's shout. ""We still got work to do with those! Straighten them out and get these fighters topped off! I'll get more crew to help you out,"

Normally the young human either kept her own counsel, or sniped aloud at Ler, so this barking instructions at colleagues...this was new.

It was beginning to dawn on the Wook' that Ler had been a bit quiet the last few minutes. He took in a long draw of breath through his nose, and noted that the droid's unique smell had faded. Must have gone somewhere.

Ellie was stalking across the deck to their only N-1, calling up some data on her datapad, whilst the three crew she had first shouted at, were standing by the wall-side hose spools, staring dumbfounded at her back.

Behind him, Kalka'tech was imploring his bit of fluff to calm down, take a deep breath, and tell him what was wrong.

Talka'pa headed after Ellie, then stopped in his tracks at her next announcement. "I need a volunteer, and five more to refuel the other ships. Non-droid for me. -- No offense."

"And can flip a switch. You see where I'm going with this. High voltage!"
    "

He didn't think she was going to get many non-droid volunteers for that. That high voltage sith was why they kept so many droids in the hangar in the first place!

H-3PO shuffled stiffly in her direction, clearly sharing his sentiments. "Madam, that would be extremely unwise. Droids, not me of course, would be better suited for dealing with a high voltage situation."

Still, Talka'pa was willing to throw her a bone. He called for the hose staff to start refuelling the starfighters that had just arrived.

Tag: Heavy Isotope

IC: Lead Hangar Tech Ler, Deputy the Astromech, Johnny Boy Deck Two

Ler and the Commander's R2-unit had travelled up in the turbolift together, but the annoying little astromech had rolled away once the doors had opened, easily outpacing the bipedal LE-Repair droid, whose joints were not the newest, in the first place.

Ler trailed Deputy into the crew lounge, where he immediately found Doctor Cooke resting on one of the two curved couches, with the intruigingly-named (to a droid) Data standing over him.

Ahead of him, the black astromech glided past the Jedi Liaison, Crewman Waters, and stopped at the doorway into the doorway into the mess, finding it blocked by an odorous individual in a white lab coat.

Deputy stopped behind the Selkath's knees, debating with himself whether to ask the Selkath to get out of his way, or hit him with the electro-jabber.

Only a small segment of the organic population, spacers mainly, understood the Binary whistles and bleeps of an astromech, whilst everyone understood a surge of electricity through the lower appendages.

However, the latter method risked reprisals.

[Pretty please,] he whistled loudly just behind Boras, [zherry on top, get out the drokking way!]

Tag: Master Selkath

10. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Winterkill
    Johnny Boy, Mess Hall

NINE HELLS!!!!!

The nagai mentally exclaimed as honed instincts and reflexes kicked into high gear.
    He wasn’t expecting the green ichor to spew from the tentacle he’d just severed, so he was just barely able ( by a very small margin ) to put up his arm to cover his eyes from the greenish discharge. Automatically, he rolled away! the unspooling tentacle splashed its ectoplasmic fluid onto his retreating back.

Coming up with blade in hand a ‘safe’ distance away, he noticed that Havah had not been so lucky. The only ‘good’ thing he could perceive was the chair prone on the floor. Apparently ‘dead’.

The thought of it being ‘alive’ and an ‘actual’ organism was a bit too much to ponder on at the moment. A glance around revealed that no one else was affected by the fluid. The Blood Moon Crew were all on alert and ‘safe’, as were Masha and Atin…together again by the looks of it.

The Captain, Commander Yav, Mary Formal and the Chief were coming to inspect or confirm the kill. Winterkill rose and silently saluted them. Hearing Havah’s voice, he could tell that his friend was not only ‘sober’, but attempting to contain either stress, annoyance or a combination of things. The fact that he had mentioned ‘Hannah’ moment ago, was also a concern.

Noting that all attention would be momentarily focused on the ‘fallen chair’, Winterkill’s dark eyes swept the area, just to make sure this was not some kind of elaborate distraction being used to deal a critical blow to the mercs. They had just been attacked by ‘pirates’ and had been ‘boarded’, not to mention one of the Blood Moon crew members might still be at large. Sending-off one’s ship was a classic distraction tactic. However, making yourself a person of interest and target for Chief Taab was also a terrible idea.

The coast seemed clear enough. The other faces yet to be introduced kept their distance, despite their curiosity.

A second glance revealed that the selkath had also made his way into the Mess Hall. Perfect.

Winterkill walked up to the medic and immediately showed him his splattered arm and back.

“Doctor Boras, scan these quickly. Discharge from the ‘infected’ chair ( what else could it be called). I need to know if this stuff is malignant.”

The nagai stood in the selkath’s way, preventing him from moving forward. It was clear he was soliciting and immediate and definitive answer.

Winterkill did not wish to seem ‘urgent’, but if either himself or Havah Jeth were ‘taken over’ or ‘controlled’ by some murderous micro-organism, they could quite feasibly wipe out the Mercs, with probably few exceptions, like Chief Taab, or one of those old jedi they kept ferrying about. Everyone else would be in grave mortal danger.

Yeah, it was best not to reveal that…at least not yet.

And whatever that droid wants, it was just going to have to wait. This was a matter of life and death.

Tag: @Master Selkath, everyone else

*So many awesome posts!! :D

11. Master Selkath

Master Selkath Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 5, 2013
    IC: Boras Felroah
    Mess Hall, Johnny Boy

Boras was caught off guard when he watched the elf guy and the woman fire at the same chair that the captain did. This was all strange to Boras. He thought they may be showing off to the new recruits but their demeanor said otherwise. I really hope they didn't go bonkers, Boras thought as he watched the other shots hit the chair.

As he watched, he felt something behind him. Beeps began to come out of whatever it was which told Boras it was an astromech droid of some kind. Their beeps were distinctive enough that he didn't have to turn around and see for himself. He could only understand a few of the things the droid was saying but it didn't take a detective to realize he wanted to get by.

Boras was about to move when one of the crew members began to walk towards him. He had seen the guy but didn't now much about him besides the fact that he was a nagai and respected among the crew. The nagai who Boras forgot the name of, made his way to him and showed him his arm. Now why would he be showing me that? Boras thought at a first glance. Then his eyes widened when he saw some type of greenish slime like substance on the arm he had show him. He then saw the man's back that was covered with the same substance as his arm. What the heck is this? Boras thought looking at it.

The nagai then spoke to him saying, “Doctor Boras, scan these quickly. Discharge from the ‘infected’ chair. I need to know if this stuff is malignant.”

Boras thought for a moment. A chair caused this? That explains why they had fired at it but still, this was new to him. Boras put his hand in his lab coat pocket and began to rummage through them. He knew he had grabbed a portable scanner before he left. He never went anywhere without it. After a few seconds, he found it and pulled it out.

Boras turned the scanner on and said, "This will take a few moments. Please be patient."

He moved the scanner over his arm and muttered, "In all my years I have never heard of something like this."

Boras moved the scanner to the nagai's back and then after a moment, he heard a beep and knew it was done. Boras looked down at the scanner's results and skimmed over what it had found. He then turned his head back to the nagai and said to him as well as the room, "The initial scan has come back with a negative on it being malignant as you have asked. It wasn't able to tell me what this substance is however. I would recommend that anyone that has come into contact with whatever this substance is, go to the medbay for additional tests just to be sure. There is no rush and the scanner's results are usually right but its better to be safe than sorry then to risk the welfare of the crew, especially when it comes to a substance I have never seen before."

Tag: greyjedi125 and Mess Hall Group

12. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOG: I will be creating a list of all the Command Staff, Chiefs, Department Heads, Officers, and Liaisons (in that order of ranking) in the Quick Reference ASAP, purely for a reference, so when anyone uses those titles, we don't always have to spell out every detail IC; you can just reference the Quick Reference. I'll probably just send a modified version to copy and paste over to Bardan_Jusik to include in the next roster update. Just make it all easier. :p

For the post below:

• Red is for In-Character Players
    • Purple is for In-Character Player NPCs
    • Black is for NPCs / important locations

Sorry in advance for any spelling mistakes, I am falling asleep at the computer and headed to bed.

IC: Jason Lasso
    Mess Hall, Johnny Boy

Lasso sat atop a table, his legs swinging idly, as he watched the core leadership group of the Johnny Boy arrive, find seats, and introduce each other. The "4 Chiefs" were here, Taab for Security, a somber faced Williams for Engineering keeping to himself in a bench seat, a recovering Russel Cook for Medical, and Ler acting in the Hanger Bay. The 6 Department Heads were also present; Mr. Biggs for the Mess Hall, Charlie Watertin for the General Crew, Ronnie the Xexto for Maintenance, Wa Ya for the Bridge (Dak and his Jod buddies were now overseeing the bridge operations; "bridge operations" included communications, sensors, hanger control ops, and astrometrics lab), Otter the Nosaurian reported as the Chief Gunnery Officer, and Andrew 'Guitar' Monk reported as Helms/Navigation (which was considered separate from "bridge" operations). The 4 Officer positions included Major Havah Jeth (who also doubled as Command Staff) for Special Operations, Lieutenant Colonel Chris Streets (currently not present and on a mission) for Outpost Nowhere, Terrel Vacks (not present) as Crew Officer, and Captain Jason Lasso who served as the Squadron Leader, as well as Ship Captain. The 2 Liaisons included Bridge Officer Bob (not present) for the Kingdom of Jod and Jedi Knight Hank for the Jedi. The Command Staff was represented by Jason Lasso, Yavscout, Havah Jeth, Russel Cook, and Taab. Also present were all of the starfighter pilots and new recruits.

Taab's concern about the chair had been noted and a rare sight these days (at least right now) of two B1 Battle Droids tagged and bagged the chair for it's final resting place; Cook had been able to collect a sample of the fluid into a tube before the chair was removed. Boras' question was seemingly lost in the hustle and bustle of the moment and Lasso felt that the answer was given for him to the combat medic without Lasso having to do much explaining. Havah Jeth's family jewels problem was answered by Lasso with a raised hand and grin, but for whatever reason, the Major didn't seem inclined to handle the issue then and there; though Lasso wouldn't be surprised if he died in his sleep tonight with a knife to the throat either. Silver the Astromech positioned herself in a position to be able to project what Lasso needed onto the table he sat on now.

Seeing that everyone had settled and "war stories" were starting to be traded back and forth, Lasso finished the cold cut sandwich offered by Biggs earlier and slid off of the table and stood up on the floor, clearing his throat. Quickly, everyone stopped talking.

"Silver," Jason cued and the astromech whistled and a hologram of a section of outer space appeared, marked by three distinct areas; the first area showed a green bacta tanker and green Johnny Boy with a tike stamp above them both; next, with yellow dotted lines marking the progress of the Johnny Boy, a red pirate cruiser and Johnny Boy were marked, showing several different positions of the battle connected with yellow dotted lines for the Johnny Boy and pirate cruisers' progress; above each red ship and their engagements was a time stamp. The third area showed a white Johnny Boy all alone with white pirate debris and a time stamp above each.

"This has been our last two hours," Lasso said, addressing the group, "For those of you seeking more detailed information regarding every stage, Dak has drawn up a review and sent it off to all data-pads. But for the sake of this meeting and for the sake of time and urgency of a pending rescue operation, I will keep it brief. We can be divided up into," Lasso pointed at each colored grouping, "Exit of hyperspace and the bacta tanker, the pirate attack, and where we are now. In between all of those events, smaller events occurred, such as UFO tags on long ranger sensors, the Luck's Gamble being sent on a SOS mission to Rhen Var to retrieve assistance, a starfighter battle over the pirate ship, and a enemy boarding action against the Johnny Boy during the pirate attack. Conclusion: the Johnny Boy has suffered heavy damage, first by a unknown force yanking us out of hyperspace, which temporarily knocked out all sensors, comms, shields, and engines; we slowly regained all of those, only to be attacked by the pirate ship, which inflected the heaviest physical damage. Okay Silver, next."

The astromech droid whistled and the hologram changed to a hologram of the Johnny Boy, showing two different imagines of the ship side-by-side. One imagine showed the outside hull while the other showed a cut away version of the hull that showered the inner decks and compartments and rooms.

"As of right now, engines are running at full, shields are back up to 47% overall strength, and overall hull strength is at 86% with several areas in the red or 0% where we have hull breaches, which includes two areas: Deck Two from below the Hanger Bay and Deck One near the middle. Both breaches are contained, emergency shields running, and crews tending to those repairs. Until further notice, we are still on high alert with all crew members at battle stations unless on clean up and repair teams; we will have a Combat Air Patrol or CAP on patrol at all times with an additional Alert Ready Scramble Flight or ARS will be available in the Hanger Bay to launch immediately upon orders; those pilots will have the uncomfortable task of sitting in their starfighters for one hour shifts until we are repaired and ready to go back to hyperspace. The first ARS will be Guardian Two; Pilot Officer Atin Taab commanding, Guardian Four; Pilot Officer Benjamin Totter acting as wing-man, and Guardian Six; Pilot Officer Tiaca as wing-man. Our Combat Air Patrol currently includes Pilot Officer Havoc Neb commanding, Pilot Officer Sal Brooks, and now it seems Pilot Officer Mary Formal. Both the CAP and ARS will both rotate in and out, using one hour shifts in rotations to each other for four hours. Every four hours, we will switch out both the CAP and ARS crews.

"Unless your manning a security post, gunnery position, hanger bay crew, engineering, or bridge, make sure you yourself and the people you lead are helping to clean up and repair the ship. Mr. Vacks, our former Commander and Charlie Watertin are overseeing clean-up and repairs; Ronnie from the bridge will be assigning which locations come first. Chief Taab, I need the Johnny Boy swept clean from any remaining threats, droids or organic, and a redeployment as you see fit of our security forces to best maximum both interior security and exterior boarding threats; I also want, Chief, a detailed report on my desk in four hours on how we could improve our security and our anti-boarding forces: our droids seemed overwhelmed and out matched. I will increase our droid force immediately, but I want further, professional recommendations, from you personally on my desk in four hours. Its your security, make it how you would want it. Doctor Cook, pull what resources we have, what nurses you can, and anyone else with medical or emergency medical service experience; I need the wounded tended to, most critical first. Jedi knight Hank, I want all Jedi assisting in the Medical Bay in healing immediately. Ronnie, make sure the medical bay is one of our first repair areas; we need it fully operational in an hour, no excuses.

"Commander Yavscout, the bridge is yours. You are in overall charge of the ship, but let the Department Heads, Chiefs, and Officers do the heavy lifting. Commander, I want you to personally oversee the research into whatever caused that chair to come alive. I want to know from where and how. I have a feeling the astrometrics lab may be your best friend in that search to find where, call it a hunch.

"Major Havah Jeth, Flight Lieutenant Winterkill, Pilot Officer Masha Tinovorsh, and Priest I want you four assisting in repairs where needed. I would suggest finding Mr. Vacks and asking him for his assistance in where to start ladies and gentlemen. Major Jeth, you are second in command to Commander Yavscout, so please be at the ready with the comlink in case he needs your help. Silver, next, please."

The astromech whistled and a close-up of the pirate's aft section, surrounded by a ring of debris, appeared. Two sections were highlighted, both the engineering bay and the cargo bay.

"For our new recruits---Aidan Dodd, Owen Byrne, Evalynne Smith, and Uriel Manteroni, who I hear is returning---welcome aboard the Johnny Boy again. The men and women in this room are the leadership of the Mercs and the pilots, the ones you will look to guide you and lead you as a Merc. Like our Hanger Bay exchange new recruits, we don't have much time, very little in fact. So, as is Merc tradition, your getting introduced the Merc way: trial by fire. Normally, I would send a veteran Merc with you to lead, but they need a rest and circumstances tell me it is best to reserve the veterans to the Johnny Boy in case of another attack. In light of this trial by fire mission, you have two mission objectives. You may choose to complete them one at a time or at the same time in two different teams. I will expect you five to find a leader amongst you to make that decision.

"Your first mission objective and of primary concern is a rescue mission and Combat Medic Boras Felroah, who is your fifth team member, will be joining you specifically for this rescue mission. The pirate ship we destroyed, there are several survivors located in the aft section that is adrift in space from the rest of the ship and which we are tractor beamed to now. Utilizing the Blood Moon, you will ferry yourselves over to that section, rescue any survivors, and bring them back to the Johnny Boy; keep in mind your limited space aboard the Blood Moon: you may have to make several trips back and forth of survivors.Be advised, survivors include about a dozen slaves, three pirates, and the pirates' Chief Engineer Officer. All will have to be rescued and all are considered, at this point, non-combatants. However, if you are fired upon, you are free to return fire if the situation warrants such aggressive recourse. The survivors, which they say they all have space suits on and ready, are located in the aft engineering bay, which is sealed off and has life support, rations, and medical supplies; they report that limited to no life support exits on other decks with extreme structural and fire hazards to all other decks, so you must use caution. The reactor core and engines have been rated safe, for the immediate future, baring any unforeseen event. However, I wouldn't suggest a tour of the ship wreckage: we guess three hours before that reactor goes critical, so we are giving you an hour tops, in--out--done.

"Your second mission objective is the cargo bay, which is located lower and much more forward of the remaining aft section as you can see from the hologram. The cargo bay is sealed, air tight, and from sensor scans, contains medical supplies. And a lot of them. We need those medical supplies. Once again, your only ship is the Blood Moon; you may want to put a crew member aboard the Blood Moon as a dedicated pilot to speed the process along between both mission objectives.

"I will be observing your progress remotely via my X-Wing starfighter and providing you with sensor data about the wreck, exterior visual reconnaissance, and providing a mobile weapons platform in case of an emergency. I will also be there to provide leadership assistance if you so require it. When you came aboard the Johnny Boy, security cameras already measured your bodies. If you do not already have them, Ler will have the appropriate sized Immediac Model 10 spacesuits available for you in the hanger bay. Mind you, these suits are not heavily armored like some, but because of that, they are less bulky and provide more mobility in tight places, which is what you need most of. The suits will come with an Imperial backpack, which will include three glowrods each, a survival knife, a back-up C1 personal comlink, a Tool Kit, prybar, Force Bar, a Fine-Point Laser Cutter, high-tension wire, hoist cable, Fibra-rope, and both a Plasma Welder and a F-187 Fusioncutter are attached to the outside of the backpack on either side. You all will have fifteen minutes to be ready to go in the Blood Moon."

Lasso looked over the whole gathering, "Does anyone have any questions?"

TAG ALL :cool:

13. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Mess Hall - Johnny Boy.

I listen as Captain Lasso hands us a combined Rescue/Resupply assignment over at the remains of the Pirate Cruiser and then asks if there are any questions. Nothing too difficult with the personnel recovery, as far as I can see, and we've even been assigned a proper Medic to take care of any injured rescuees.

The resupply mission is more problematic unless Blood Moon's existing cargo has been unloaded or we can bulk-transport it with the Tractor Beam using vacuum-proof containers.

"Who do we contact on the Mynock, please, Captain"; I begin, "and can we use some of her people as a working party? Also, could someone ask Mr. Vacks exactly what was loaded onto Blood Moon at Depot Station Nine, and in what quantity, so your Department Heads know what she's carrying? There's around twenty tons of assorted supplies aboard her.

I'd also like to brief you privately about the Pirate attack on Algor when you have a little time. There are certain similarities between that group and this latest one, also some very odd aspects to the Algor attack I think you should know about."

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, Laine_Snowtrekker, Bravo, Master Selkath, Others in Mess Hall.

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Lead Hangar Tech Ler, Commander Yavscout, the Mess, Deck Two, Johnny Boy

"Also, could someone ask Mr. Vacks exactly what was loaded onto Blood Moon at Depot Station Nine, and in what quantity, so your Department Heads know what she's carrying? There's around twenty tons of assorted supplies aboard her." One of the crew of the Blood Moon, asked.

"We should start offloading that stuff before you depart." Ler suggested, turning to Aidan, who he did not yet know was the Skipray's captain. "The extra space might minimise the number of trips you have to make. Do we have Blood Moon's captain's permission to do that?"

Yav' noting that Ler's attention was off the Captain, and was engaging the new guy that had spoken up, raised his hand for the second time.

He had raised it the first time when Lasso had named the four names for the rescue mission, and referred to it as a five-man team, then lowered his hand again when Boras had been named as a fifth member.

He was also privately pleased at Formal's apparent promotion, nodding his head happily a couple times as the Corellian had continued with the briefing.

"I'd also like-" Aidan continued.

Yav lowered his hand.

"-to brief you privately about the Pirate attack on Algor when you have a little time. There are certain similarities between that group and this latest one, also some very odd aspects to the Algor attack I think you should know about."

Sensing that there was no more to come from the armoured newcomer, the elf raised his hand a third time, then stood up to ensure no-one KS'ed him - he smiled at the unbidden acronym from the Old Country - to make sure no-one jumped the question queue, he glanced at Jase, then around at the heads of the people seated around him.

"Everyone should be aware that there are still Pistoeka Sabotage Droids aboard, unless they got out the same way they got in, undetected. Try not to work alone. If you got attacked and injected, we could have a repeat of the Crewman Franks incident." He looked forwards. "Captain, Technician Herdfeld thinks we should try to capture one of the Pistoekas for study. We found traces of beskar around Franks, and we had none of that onboard, before. Herdfeld thinks, if we could learn to to harness the blue serum..." His voice trailed off to allow the Captain to draw his own conclusion.

Tag: Tim Battershell, Bravo

OOC: "KS" means to "Kill Steal" in Everquest. A form of queue jumping, but with the intention of jumping into another person's battle, with the intention of taking any experience points about to be earned.

Tim Battershell likes this.
  15. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Elizabeth "Ellie" Hart
    Hangar Bay, Johnny Boy

"Madam, that would be extremely unwise. Droids, not me of course, would be better suited for dealing with a high voltage situation," H-3PO's robotic voicebox said politely.

"Droids are a conductor, man. More so than organics. Find me a droid with rubber treads and I'd feel better, but I'd rather not electrify the hangar deck. Though it's probably grounded... Still it would have to go somewhere... " Ellie got lost in thought, as the Wookiees she was looking for had appeared to help organize the others. I should visit Kashyyk someday, she thought, before realizing the droid was still there. She squatted down and looked at his feet, "You don't have rubber soles do ya? Wait what am I saying," she stood up and articulated his arms, "You ain't the best for flipping big switches are ya?"

She paused, "Can you plug this in?" she hefted a large sized wire towards him, "Or even lift it... ?" She looked at his arm servos. Ellie looked at him, slightly wide eyed, "Do you even lift... ?"

Sith-I-5 (And other hangar people if there are any?)
    OOG: (And the last line is a reference to that joke on the internet, but today a customer seriously asked me...)

Masha Tinovorsh
    Mess Hall, Johnny Boy

"That was the bridge. I'm needed in an X-Wing to join the Reserve Flight outside. Some ship called Vamp just left the hangar without authorisation and did a runner. Oh-" Mary turned and squatted low enough for her cheongsam to offer an eyeful, and to meet Masha's eyes, "-they said they'd be calling you next."

Whatever Mary said, Masha missed it, and had a feeling she did what she did on purpose.

"... What?" Masha said as her cheeks turned a little pink, meeting Mary's eyes as she began to stand up, not a moment later Masha's comms went off; she snapped back to reality completely. "Edge here, stand by," she said glancing at Mary as she walked off.

Then the Captain sat down and began to speak, Masha silenced her comm and picked up a new coffee, sat around his holograms and lit another cigarette. Listening to the Captain, trying to focus as her face returned to normal color.

"Does anyone have any questions?"

"Sir," she said, standing up at a relaxed but respectful parade rest, "Just to clarify, you want the other pilots to stand by and switch shifts with the ARS? We should designate who so that we can work in the hangar, or stay on the same deck."

Despite her frustrations she felt better in the seat of her fighter.

Sith-I-5 again, and mess hall people

16. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Tiaca
    Space, the final frontier!

Waking up to her morning song she stretched out her neck, left and right, then a twist for good measure. "Any sign?" she called as her body began the all to familiar pangs and the pins-n-needles sensations on the side of her face and down an arm that wasn't there as her motions triggered the touch pads to begin sending sensation data again.

"No sign. No Messages." Came back the reply from the plugged in cube in the cockpit that was her slicer droid. Little larger than a closed fist for a humanoid male, the droid was impressive for it's abilities. Unfortunately she couldn't play it at a game either, as the no non-sense standard programing left little room for anything much beyond what the small compact droid saw as work. So with a sigh she rolled out of bed to land on her feet and walk the two steps the wall of drawers, her favored way of transporting prisoners, dead and frozen or in stasis. Opening a select drawer she pulled it out just enough so that she could reach in and pull her eye off of it's recharging station. Carefully as she lifted it in her organic hand she pried open her eyelids with the mechanical one to be able to slide it back into its socket. After a couple seconds she saw a flash before static, and finally a clear image adding depth to what she was seeing settled into vision.

"Prepare work out mix tape thirty three and enhance gravity to 1.4 standard." With that she settled in for another boring day of exercise in full armor. Just because she was stuck waiting at a rendezvous point for the Mercs in her tug with a lashed on crate of supplies didn't mean she was going to let herself go to flab.

TAG: No One

IC: Havah Jeth
    Mess Hall, Johhny Boy

Lasso had let the situation slide to begin the briefing. Havah could do the same, for now. Still listening to a group dissertation on all of those present was, well it was boring. He had been in briefings all his life it often felt like, but rarely did he need to know all of what was shared. It just didn't come into play.

Still with a mild clenching an loosening of his fist he waited until Lasso had finished his spiel, then pilots spoke up, and finally some good information from Yavscout. Something to which he finally nodded. Here he interjected his own words, "Pilot Officer Tiaca is applied to the roster early, pending her rendezvous with us or I send a message where our base is to her. If she was successful in her work she might have procured ample medical supplies." The last bit he stated with more of a head turn to look at the new recruits that would be doing the rescue mission, a nudge that lives and supplies should not be confused as being equal, even if just in this mission. "If there is nothing else, I'll see that the medbay route is properly situated first." he stated in a level tone. Of course he would begin his repair check in the medbay and check the equipment. Beginning with a full work up on his brain pans contents by every droid med droid type and Dr. Cook. Even now he was feeling off, sobriety never suited him, hadn't for a long time, but still, the ghosts were whispering oddly in his ears, their voices rising and fading with changing timbre so unlike the constant cries of the steady memories they normally supplied. . .something was not right.

TAG: Bravo, Sith-I-5, @All in Mess Hall

17. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    IC: Evalynne Smith
    Aboard the Johnny Boy, Mess Hall, Briefing

The chair situation seemed to wrap up as quickly as it had started. The chair itself had been bagged and tagged and carted off, and people did some scurrying about to get some things done.

Evalynne took a seat as the Captain started the meeting. He briefly went over what had been happening on board the Johnny Boy--it sounded like someone had unleashed chaos aboard the ship. Was that a normal thing with the Mercs?

"Conclusion: the Johnny Boy has suffered heavy damage, first by a unknown force yanking us out of hyperspace, which temporarily knocked out all sensors, comms, shields, and engines; we slowly regained all of those, only to be attacked by the pirate ship, which inflected the heaviest physical damage," said the Captain, who then moved on to describing the damage in detail and what was being done to fix or protect the ship.

Who could bring a ship out of hyperspace? Evalynne had heard of errant asteroids and ships with faulty navcomps causing that, but if something was yanking a ship--well, that implied intent. Were there ships fitted out with devices that could pull a ship from hyperspace? It seemed likely--but the only someones who probably had enough funds to build such devices was probably the Empire. Unless there was some well-funded, well-equipped, not-quite-benign force out there who had a beef with or plans for the Mercs. She tucked the thought away for future reference.

And then the Captain started handing out assignments.

Evalynne was surprised to hear Lasso give an assignment to a Jedi. She'd thought they'd all been killed by the Empire--granted, that didn't actually make logical sense. If there had been Jedi all over the Galaxy, not all of them would have been accompanied by storm troopers. But she'd never seen one in person--she'd only seen the propaganda holoflicks starring the fictional Hero With No Fear and his enemy, the Negotiator. (Though Evalynne had personally thought Negotiator was a silly name for a villain--someone had been specific with the names, but they didn't quite fit with the narrative the flicks were telling.) Anyway, there was a real, live Jedi who was a Merc--and that made Evalynne curious. The only other person she knew who seemed to know about Jedi (why, she didn't know) was Jasan. Something else to tuck away.

"For our new recruits---Aidan Dodd, Owen Byrne, Evalynne Smith, and Uriel Manteroni, who I hear is returning---welcome aboard the Johnny Boy again. The men and women in this room are the leadership of the Mercs and the pilots, the ones you will look to guide you and lead you as a Merc. Like our Hanger Bay exchange new recruits, we don't have much time, very little in fact. So, as is Merc tradition, your getting introduced the Merc way: trial by fire. Normally, I would send a veteran Merc with you to lead, but they need a rest and circumstances tell me it is best to reserve the veterans to the Johnny Boy in case of another attack. In light of this trial by fire mission, you have two mission objectives. You may choose to complete them one at a time or at the same time in two different teams. I will expect you five to find a leader amongst you to make that decision." the Captain said.

Huh. So it had been McShouty that had left, but he was coming back? Well, she wasn't his keeper. As long as he didn't get her into trouble, he could do what he would.

And maybe it was a bit much to presume, but Evalynne figured that Aidan would end up being a leader. The Blood Moon was his ship, after all, and he seemed to have a handle on being in charge. She was pretty sure she'd have to learn a bit more and have some more experience before they started relying on her to make all the important decisions. That was something she was absolutely fine with. More experience meant more responsibilities, that was for sure.

The Captain explained the need to rescue survivors and supplies from the pirate ship. Both objectives seemed vitally important and both were required of them--but, in case of an emergency, how could someone objectively decide between what to go for first? Living beings, or supplies that would help those already aboard the Johnny Boy? Maybe it was overly suspicious of her, but Evalynne suspected that some of the Mercs would prefer getting the needed supplies first. However, she was not going to paint everyone with the same brush--that would be the easy thing to do, but not the right thing. As for her, the people would come first, and that was something she'd argue for.

"I will be observing your progress remotely via my X-Wing starfighter and providing you with sensor data about the wreck, exterior visual reconnaissance, and providing a mobile weapons platform in case of an emergency. I will also be there to provide leadership assistance if you so require it. When you came aboard the Johnny Boy, security cameras already measured your bodies. If you do not already have them, Ler will have the appropriate sized Immediac Model 10 spacesuits available for you in the hanger bay. Mind you, these suits are not heavily armored like some, but because of that, they are less bulky and provide more mobility in tight places, which is what you need most of. The suits will come with an Imperial backpack, which will include three glowrods each, a survival knife, a back-up C1 personal comlink, a Tool Kit, prybar, Force Bar, a Fine-Point Laser Cutter, high-tension wire, hoist cable, Fibra-rope, and both a Plasma Welder and a F-187 Fusioncutter are attached to the outside of the backpack on either side. You all will have fifteen minutes to be ready to go in the Blood Moon," the Captain finished.

They had scanned her measurements? With a security camera? What the sith?

Yeah, sure, that was useful, and it meant that they'd have the necessary gear (not that she actually knew how to use the spacesuit, but maybe it was like swimming--she had a feeling she was going to find out either way), but it also felt kind of, well, invasive. They hadn't been kidding about learning the middle names of distant relatives, had they?

She knew some of the tools--prybars and forcebars were dead useful in sneaking out of rooms whose windows had been jammed shut, and the cutters were great for repairs on her swoop after a particularly nasty race--but she'd never been in hard vacuum. That worried her a little. Trial by fire indeed.

Aidan spoke about getting the Blood Moon unloaded before getting started--unless it happened quickly, that would reduce the amount of time they had to get to the pirate ship and accomplish their objectives. Another crewmember--he nodded at the assignment for 'Commander Yavscout,' so she assumed that was his name--spoke about sabotage droids still loose on the ship and some sort of wacky serum that seemed straight out of holos. Was the ship always such a carnival of horrors?

Another Merc--Major Havah Jeth, if she'd caught his name correctly--spoke up. "Pilot Officer Tiaca is applied to the roster early, pending her rendezvous with us or I send a message where our base is to her. If she was successful in her work she might have procured ample medical supplies." He looked over toward herself, Owen, and Aidan, as if he were suspicious of where their priorities lay when it came to their mission. Well, if so, it was good to know that someone else was also suspicious of other people's motives.

Still, the idea of being in vacuum nagged at her. What if she screwed up? What if she ended up hurting herself? Or a teammate? Or the people they were being sent to rescue? What if she misjudged something and skipped off in space? Would they come after her? Leave her to freeze and/or suffocate and/or starve?

Well, what would happen, would happen. She just hoped it would be for the better, rather than for the worst. So she'd do her best, learn as fast as she carefully could, and pass this trial by fire. Maybe on the other side of it she'd know where she belonged--or if she belonged at all.

TAG: Others in Mess Hall

18. Intervention

Intervention Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2012
    OOG: Now for a little pain medication induced paranoia...8-}

Borrowing off of Sith's hand-raising theme, I thought it was great! :) Now I'm just adding a little crazy to it. :p

IC: Chief Medical Officer Russel Cook
    Mess Hall, Johnny Boy

"Also, could someone ask Mr. Vacks exactly what was loaded onto Blood Moon at Depot Station Nine, and in what quantity, so your Department Heads know what she's carrying? There's around twenty tons of assorted supplies aboard her." One of the crew of the Blood Moon, asked.

SUPPLIES! M-E-D-I-C-A-L SUPPLIES!!!!!!?????

Cook's mouth was practically watering at the notion of....KILLING THE CAPTAIN!

How, in the galaxy, could the Captain forget to tell Cook about the medical supplies aboard the Blood Moon? I mean, after all, they were, oh what now, down to using stolen medical supplies from pirates who probably stole them from someone else???? Seriously, how much lower could the Mercs go--oh, that's right! They COULDN'T GET ANY LOWER!

T-H-E-Y W-E-R-E O-U-T O-F M-E-D-I-C-A-L S-U-P-P-L-I-E-S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"We should start offloading that stuff before you depart." Ler suggested, turning to Aidan, who he did not yet know was the Skipray's captain. "The extra space might minimise the number of trips you have to make. Do we have Blood Moon's captain's permission to do that?"

Russel went to raise his hand---oh frag! The Commander beat him to it! The Chief Medical Officer glared at the alien as if that sole man was now responsible for not telling him about the medical supplies! And then it began, every time the elf raised his hand, Russel went to raise his. And then, like flipping clockwork, they would lower their hands! What the frag!

Oh, now Cook could see it! The Captain was looking back and forth between the Commander and---and---and----AHHH!!!!

COOK HIMSELF!

There, the Chief Medical Officer reasoned with himself, in his pain medicated state! The Captain knew that he was cornered, like a puppy about to be eaten by a lion---that lion being Cook himself!

Russel could start to feel the sweat building up on his palms, on his forehead...his eyes were narrowing for the kill.

There! Everyone else was done talking and Cook's hand shot up like a rocket!

Wait, no! Stop! No!

The---the---the---Commander STOOD UP!

"Everyone should be aware that there are still Pistoeka Sabotage Droids aboard, unless they got out the same way they got in, undetected. Try not to work alone. If you got attacked and injected, we could have a repeat of the Crewman Franks incident." He looked forwards. "Captain, Technician Herdfeld thinks we should try to capture one of the Pistoekas for study. We found traces of beskar around Franks, and we had none of that onboard, before. Herdfeld thinks, if we could learn to to harness the blue serum..." His voice trailed off to allow the Captain to draw his own conclusion.

That mushroom eating magic crazy was in league with the Captain! Raised his hand the same time Cook did! And stood up to block Cook's view of the Captain!

Cook's hand reached into his white coat, his fingers running over the length of the object within. It had all of Cook's anger bent up inside...every ounce of his rage would come out at once...

He went to raise his hand---

HAVAH JETH! That no good drunk was in line with the Captain too now! Every time Cook went to raise his hand, it was first the Commander...now it was the Major...

"Pilot Officer Tiaca is applied to the roster early, pending her rendezvous with us or I send a message where our base is to her. If she was successful in her work she might have procured ample medical supplies." The last bit he stated with more of a head turn to look at the new recruits that would be doing the rescue mission, a nudge that lives and supplies should not be confused as being equal, even if just in this mission. "If there is nothing else, I'll see that the medbay route is properly situated first."

The Brass were conspiring against him! All he had to do was wait for that blasted helmet loving gun crazy retirement planner Taab! They were plotting against him! He was a unwelcome protestor in their evil scheme to silence him...but for what gain? For what purpose?

Cook's eyes narrowed, his hand gripping the item in his coat pocket. So be it, Captain...your time has come...

Cook didn't even bother raising his hand. He stood up.

"Captain!" Cook addressed rather loudly and with a sway in his step; his right hand was still stuffed in his pocket, around something. He started walking towards the Captain in a limp from pain, a glint in his eyes, a drunken swagger in his step. While in all reality it was a slight overdose of pain medications, to Cook, that was not the case as his face was sweating. His eyes narrowed in for the kill.

Now was it.

"Let me remind everyone here!" the Doctor lashed out with a waving left hand and like a drunken man at a party about to do something very unseeingly, "What we have been missing since before Craci Prime! And what we do not have anymore of!" Cook shot a narrowed look at Lasso as if death was in his eyes, "AGAIN! Captain! Do you know, Captain Lasso, what that may be? No, no, no. Ssh-sh," Cook held up a finger to his mouth before Lasso could speak, "I can tell you, Captain. Because I am the Chief Medical Officer aboard this ship without them! And now you shall feel my pain!"

Cook's right gripped something in his coat and withdrew it with all the rage of a man bent on death that day as he yelled, raising his right hand up, leveling it towards the Captain as if for the killing blow with a blaster pistol, and then stopped, mere inches from the Captain's face with...

"The Bacta Patch...Captain! The last remaining Bacta Patch from after Craci Prime! I still have it! The last one!" Cook started laughing, tears coming to his eyes as his voice choked, "The---Last---One!"

"Doctor Cook," Lasso said evenly, but carefully, "I do think you need some rest. I will forward you the rest of the meeting notes."

Cook watched as the Captain motioned for someone behind him, but gave that no thought. "You. Had. Medical. Supplies. And you didn't TELL ME!"

"They came in thirty minutes ago, Doctor," Lasso said, "When you were still recovering. We haven't had time to unload the supplies yet."

"LIES!" Cook spat out.

"Crewman Data," Lasso said suddenly.

Cook went to spin around, only to be stopped half way by a firm hand on his shoulder. It was Data.

"Get your hands off of me Crewmen before I send you to the brig!" Cook spat.

"Sir?" Data said, looking past Cook.

Lasso nodded.

"Doctor," Data said, "If you would come with me, I will escort you back to your quarters for rest."

"Escort me?????" Cook rumbled and snapped around to Lasso----only to be stopped before he began by Data's firm grip. So instead, Cook turned his head to Lasso, "Are you putting me under arrest?"

"Doctor," Lasso sighed, "Your under heavy pain medication which is reducing your ability to operate effectively and thus not able to process the current state of events properly. In light of this, Doctor, because of your condition, I will have a nurse meet you at your private quarters. Data will provide you with oversight until you are feeling better to return to active duty."

"By the Force---" Cook started.

"Let's go," Data said, escorting Cook out of the Mess Hall.

Lasso sighed. Never, ever, make doctors mad.

TAG ANY
    OOG: I will post IC for Lasso Wednesday night (I am at a training deal tomorrow night, Tuesday, until 10pm)

19. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Owen Byrne
    On board the Johnny Boy, Mess Hall

With the chair situation dealt with Owen returned to his seat next to Evalynne, and waited. Captain Lasso cleared his throat al eyes turned to the man.

"Silver," he said to a waiting astromech. The droid displayed a holographic projection of the Johnny Boy’s confrontation with the pirate curser from start to finish. Lasso started with a rundown of the last two hours break it up into smaller parts for brief overview, then on to damage report and assignments. He made roll call of the pilots first, a group that Owen would never be a part of, and gave them protection duties. The young freelancer listened intently, waiting for his name to be called, if it would be, then Lasso mentioned Jedi.

The word sent a shiver down Owen’s spine. The Jedi were gone, wiped out, nothing but a story now what, scared the former Stormtrooper was what followed Jedi, a dark specter that haunted the word, Vader. On Carida stories of the right hand of the Emperor were traded like one shares legends. He was ruthless in his hunt to destroy the order that ended the Republic and necessitated the Empire. The solider remembered one tale where Vader killed 50 Jedi single handedly, another where he burned a whole town just to kill one. These where not just scary stories to Owen not like the ones of the Jedi’s supposed mystical powers. Vader was real and chilled him to the bone. His father only spoke once about the dark lord; he clapped his hands around a young Owen’s shoulders and stared into the young boy’s eyes with an intensity the child had never seen before in the man.

Soldier,” He said a hint of fear in his voice, “If you ever see Vader, Do Not Look Him In The Eyes. Understand.” His father’s fingers gripped so tightly that they left burses, from that day on Owen held the same fear of the Empire’s Supreme Commander that his father did.

The soldier was so caught up in his own mind that he missed the other assignments until his name was called.

Owen Byrne, Evalynne Smith, and Uriel Manteroni, who I hear is returning---welcome aboard the Johnny Boy again. The men and women in this room are the leadership of the Mercs and the pilots, the ones you will look to guide you and lead you as a Merc. Like our Hanger Bay exchange new recruits, we don't have much time, very little in fact. So, as is Merc tradition, you’re getting introduced the Merc way: trial by fire.” He took a deep breath trying to calm himself. His squad needed him here, not worrying about some far off monster that could be hunting them down. Their trail was to be a Rescue and Recovery operation, hopefully with very little EVA, though maybe walking on a deck of some sort would lessen his motion sickness. Spacesuits and equipment would be provided. Owen had no need for a space suit, just an oxygen tank since he needed to give the one currently in his backpack back to Aiden. What did interest him was the equipment in the imperial backpack. He’d have to empty out his own pack to carry the necessary pieces but, the gear the Captain listed would be more useful than the energy cells and rations currently inside. A call for questions was made, Owen had none. His job was straight forward save the people trapped on the ship, recover any cargo we can. Aiden asked about clearing out the Blood Moon so that they could carry more out of the derelict per trip. Captain Lasso said that they would choose their leader from amongst themselves but, the choice was clear, Captain Dodd. It was his ship, he lead and planned the bank rescue and Owen had no capability of command having only attained the rank of Corporal in the Stormtrooper Corps. and working alone afterwards. With his mission parameters set the soldier listened to other questions and suggestions. Then the ship’s doctor stood up and shouted

"Captain!" this sudden out bust started Owen his mind already on edge imagining the terrible horrors that could be brought upon him by Vader. "Let me remind everyone here!" the seemingly drunk or possibly mad doctor continued "What we have been missing since before Craci Prime! And what we do not have anymore of!" the doctor paused as if awaiting a response "AGAIN! Captain! Do you know, Captain Lasso, what that may be? No, no, no. Ssh-sh," He said quieting the Captain, "I can tell you, Captain. Because I am the Chief Medical Officer aboard this ship without them! And now you shall feel my pain!" he reached into his lab coat as if going for a weapon, Owen’s hand moved to his pistol. Doctor Cook slowly and threateningly presented a patch to the Captain. "The Bacta Patch...Captain! The last remaining Bacta Patch from after Craci Prime! I still have it! The last one!" The doctor bursted into laughter and tears as the Captain tried to talk him down. Eventually it ended with the medical professional being led away by someone Owen didn’t recognize. Things were beginning to get stranger around here. The solider was wondering if he would have been better off staying on Algor.

TAG: Any in Mess Hall

20. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Beskaryc Taab/Atin Taab
    Mess Hall, Johnny Boy

"...The first ARS will be Guardian Two; Pilot Officer Atin Taab commanding, Guardian Four; Pilot Officer Benjamin Totter acting as wing-man, and Guardian Six; Pilot Officer Tiaca as wing-man. Our Combat Air Patrol currently includes Pilot Officer Havoc Neb commanding, Pilot Officer Sal Brooks, and now it seems Pilot Officer Mary Formal. Both the CAP and ARS will both rotate in and out, using one hour shifts in rotations to each other for four hours. Every four hours, we will switch out both the CAP and ARS crews."

Atin perked up at that. The briefing up until this point had been boring, background information. It was odd for him, he liked to know what was going on and was glad to be included and trusted with all f this, but at the same time he tended to find the information overload tedious and boring. But knowing he was about to get his own command thrilled him beyond measure. Yeah it was just the Alert Ready reserve flight, but soon enough they would be out there and become the active CAP. Then he would be on mission and in command. He did find it odd that none of the flight commanders were being assigned to either CAP or ARS duty, but that just meant command of those flights was being delegated to others. Beaming with pride he looked over to his father, hoping to get some sort of approving look, even through his buy'ce (helmet), but he got nothing. The helmet never even swiveled in his direction.

Taab noted the flight assignments and was pleased to see his son put in command of the ARS flight. It would do him well to operate as the Commanding Officer of an element and it would be interesting to see how the kid reacted out there. He slewed the view of his HUD over to his son who was looking at him expectantly. No kid, you should know better than that from me was all Taab thought to himself as he focused back on what the Skipper was saying.

"...Chief Taab, I need the Johnny Boy swept clean from any remaining threats, droids or organic, and a redeployment as you see fit of our security forces to best maximum both interior security and exterior boarding threats; I also want, Chief, a detailed report on my desk in four hours on how we could improve our security and our anti-boarding forces: our droids seemed overwhelmed and out matched. I will increase our droid force immediately, but I want further, professional recommendations, from you personally on my desk in four hours. Its your security, make it how you would want it."

What I want is half the degenerates thrown off this boat and replaced with real soldiers was Taab's first thought, though he refrained from voicing that particular opinion. He was sure the Captain knew just how much Taab felt like he was "slumming it" these days. Soon he thought to himself. Soon Atin's training would be completed here and Taab would be free of this contract and the Jod and their silly superstitions. Sure the pay was decent, but it would be nice to work with true professionals again. The contract his wife had lined up for him once he was done here should provide him that opportunity. But that was in the future, it was best to keep his mind focused on the present. Soldiers that worried too much about what happened next tended to not have a next to worry about.

Sweeping the ship clear should prove straightforward enough, provided they had the manpower. More droids would be beneficial, but those were usually best for actual combat or standing a post. Anything beyond that such as security sweeps or running patrols and they tended to be more trouble than they were worth. That said nothing about their investigative abilities, which were next to none.

Taab was Chief of Intel as well as Security on this boat, and none of the jokers on the security team knew the first thing about gathering intel much less analyzing it. Taab's years as a bounty hunter had left him with a rudimentary ability there, plus contacts all across the Empire (and beyond) to call upon. But he had no one here that could process such information or prosecute an investigation in a meaningful way. They were much more a "brute squad", and a barely able one at that. He certainly didn't have the time for such

Bah, he thought to himself again. Those are issues I can deal with later. Right now organizing the sweep took priority, he would deal with personnel issues as he wrote up that report. Maybe he could recruit some old "friends" to help out aboard ship for a while. He had to know some down and out bounty hunters or criminals that would jump at the chance for three hots and a cot along with the added bonus of being able to bust some skulls every now and then. He would look into it, but until then he had work to do.

He glanced to Atin. "You have your assignment."

The boy looked to him, excited now. "Yes buir, I..."

"Well then get to it", Taab cut him off as they headed out of the mess hall and on to their respective destinations.

TAG: Mess Hall group.

OOC: I'll get to how Taab divides up current security assignments/anti boarding teams vs the security sweep in my next post. By that time Atin should be in the hanger bay for his assignment as well.

[​IMG]

21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: Jason Lasso
    Mess Hall, Johnny Boy

Lasso's eyes snapped to Cook at the dreadful word supplies. In that moment, Lasso saw the otherwise non-interactive Doctor shoot up straighter then a rocket going off into outer space.

Oh Baay Shfat! Lasso thought.

Jason shot his eyes to Yav, look for any reaction, but Ler's words caused Jason to look that way.

Jason nodded, his eyes flashing to Cook as the medical doctor raised his hand, only to put it down, "Yes," Jason said to Ler, bringing his attention back to the droid, "See to it. Check the contents and get them unloaded. Get the supplies where they need to go. And Aidan, thank you for getting those supplies to us. We surely needed them."

Jason looked to Yav again, seeing if the Commander caught on to the Captain's looks regarding the now---was Cook starting to sweat over there? Lasso could of swore, off of a reflection from one of the lights, he saw sweat starting to build up on the Doctor's forehead.

The Commander stood up.

"Good point, Commander," Lasso said, "We already have five Killed in Action and dozens wounded. And I don't want anymore. Work in teams of two at the very least. And as for the blue serum, utilize it for extra armor or other means, Commander?" Jason thought about it for a moment, then looked over to Taab, "Chief, if you run across any more of those sabotage droids, look to capture at least one of them. And give it over to the Commander for study, please."

Lasso looked over at Cook again, who started to raise his hand, but the Major started talking.

Good. Lasso was trying to starve off the Doctor's comments as long as he could.

"Pilot Officer Tiaca is applied to the roster early, pending her rendezvous with us or I send a message where our base is to her. If she was successful in her work she might have procured ample medical supplies." The last bit he stated with more of a head turn to look at the new recruits that would be doing the rescue mission, a nudge that lives and supplies should not be confused as being equal, even if just in this mission. "If there is nothing else, I'll see that the medbay route is properly situated first."

"Good," Lasso replied, "We need to get our medical bay up and running as soon as possible. Its our life line out here."

Jason heard Taab say something, but saw that it was to his son, as the two bounty hunters got up to leave, "Well then get to it", Taab cut him off as they headed out of the mess hall and on to their respective destinations.

"Chief," Lasso called out to the retreating bounty hunter's back, "If you could wait a moment, please."

Jason cleared his throat, "Ladies and Gentlemen, we have had---"

Cook didn't even bother raising his hand. He stood up.

"Captain!" Cook addressed rather loudly and with a sway in his step; his right hand was still stuffed in his pocket, around something. He started walking towards the Captain in a limp from pain, a glint in his eyes, a drunken swagger in his step. While in all reality it was a slight overdose of pain medications, to Cook, that was not the case as his face was sweating. His eyes narrowed in for the kill.

Now was it.

"Let me remind everyone here!" the Doctor lashed out with a waving left hand and like a drunken man at a party about to do something very unseeingly, "What we have been missing since before Craci Prime! And what we do not have anymore of!" Cook shot a narrowed look at Lasso as if death was in his eyes, "AGAIN! Captain! Do you know, Captain Lasso, what that may be? No, no, no. Ssh-sh," Cook held up a finger to his mouth before Lasso could speak, "I can tell you, Captain. Because I am the Chief Medical Officer aboard this ship without them! And now you shall feel my pain!"

Cook's right gripped something in his coat and withdrew it with all the rage of a man bent on death that day as he yelled, raising his right hand up, leveling it towards the Captain as if for the killing blow with a blaster pistol, and then stopped, mere inches from the Captain's face with...

"The Bacta Patch...Captain! The last remaining Bacta Patch from after Craci Prime! I still have it! The last one!" Cook started laughing, tears coming to his eyes as his voice choked, "The---Last---One!"

"Doctor Cook," Lasso said evenly, but carefully, "I do think you need some rest. I will forward you the rest of the meeting notes."

Cook watched as the Captain motioned for someone behind him, but gave that no thought. "You. Had. Medical. Supplies. And you didn't TELL ME!"

"They came in thirty minutes ago, Doctor," Lasso said, "When you were still recovering. We haven't had time to unload the supplies yet."

"LIES!" Cook spat out.

"Crewman Data," Lasso said suddenly.

Cook went to spin around, only to be stopped half way by a firm hand on his shoulder. It was Data.

"Get your hands off of me Crewmen before I send you to the brig!" Cook spat.

"Sir?" Data said, looking past Cook.

Lasso nodded.

"Doctor," Data said, "If you would come with me, I will escort you back to your quarters for rest."

"Escort me?????" Cook rumbled and snapped around to Lasso----only to be stopped before he began by Data's firm grip. So instead, Cook turned his head to Lasso, "Are you putting me under arrest?"

"Doctor," Lasso sighed, "Your under heavy pain medication which is reducing your ability to operate effectively and thus not able to process the current state of events properly. In light of this, Doctor, because of your condition, I will have a nurse meet you at your private quarters. Data will provide you with oversight until you are feeling better to return to active duty."

"By the Force---" Cook started.

"Let's go," Data said, escorting Cook out of the Mess Hall.

Lasso sighed. Never, ever, make doctors mad.

As Cook was taken away, Jason addressed the group again, "Sorry about that. Let me begin again. We have had a tough go of it since before the Battle of Port Haven. Many of you were there for that battle and remember it. And while we've had our ups and downs and certainty beginning with me first, we need to start all getting on the same page. The pirate hanger mess was my failure as a Captain and I have already spoken with the Commander and Security Chief about it privately and expressed my regrets about it. Starting immediately, I want all Dept Heads and Officers to start training your people. I want them to think, act, and eat like you do. We can ill afford another pirate attack like the one we experienced today. We were the superior force---even disabled---and we barely made it out alive. Four Chiefs, I want you to check up on the people under you---the whole ship---make sure they are doing what their supposed to be doing; we need to make sure everyone is able to work as a team. Our actions in Wild Space against the Private Defense and Intervention Corporation and our later actions at Craci Prme...these are the contracts the Mercs were designed to do. This pirate attack..." Lasso shook his head, "It will not happen again," Lasso's voice suddenly became somber as the weight of command---of ordering men and women into harm's way---took hold; his eyes lowered to the floor for a long moment before looking back up to those gathered, "After we recover the salves and pirates from the wreckage, we will be holding a funeral service for the ones we've lost today. Please have appropriate clothing attire present. Thank you and dismissed."

Lasso waited a moment, then called out, "Security Chief Taab, to my Ready Room please."

Jason didn't wait a beat as he turned and headed for his Ready Room.

TAG ALL, Bardan_Jusik

22. Intervention

Oct 1, 2012
    IC: Ysanne Isard
    Imperial Palace,Coruscant, overlooking the Galactic Fair from the Palatial Balcony (western face of the central building)

Ysanne Isard remained along the back wall, somewhat in the shadow of the Palace itself, with two red robed Imperial Royal Guardsmen providing protection of the Emperor as well on the balcony. The Emperor was up ahead of her, at the edge of the balcony, waving down at the citizens of the Empire below in the annual Galactic Fair. The sun came down nice and hot this day, but the Palace's mass providing a man-made sun blocker and providing much shade.

She could hear the Emperor's voice clearly as he spoke to her, waving down below.

"So, my young Ysanne, tell me you have some information regarding this Rago Run disaster. The Palace staff has been overwhelmed with concerned citizens and despite a sizable Imperial presence in the region, it seems the threat has not been eliminated. And it displeases me."

Displeases me were the words that simply meant, despite Ysanne's short tenure thus far, she was replaceable if the problem was not solved.

The Emperor gave a final wave and turned from the balcony and made his way a bit off of the edge and towards Ysanne. "Now," the Emperor said, "I would hate to have to send Lord Vader or one of my Emperor's Hands to bring matters back to their proper positioning. While the Empire is vast, it's pool of capable commanders is not and after the loss of the Death Star and Project Zero, we cannot afford terminating officers that show promise, despite their current failings. But, I do not like to be tested, even in the slightest. So I will not hesitate to make that capable pool of commanders even smaller. And restructuring often starts at the top, Director Isard. Do we have an understanding."

Ysanne swallowed hard at the threat to her life, "Perfectly, my Emperor."

"Good...good," The old man said, waving her indoors into a nicely attired library and social room for heads of state; the room was coated in only the finest natural wood and deep red furnishings atop wood frames with single chairs and coffee tables and couches. Common lighting had been replaced by candles, which gave an appealing look and feel with the floor to ceiling high book shelves with ages old paper printed books all around. The Royal Guards on the balcony remained, while another two were already in the room, mixing well in color wise in opposite positions in the room along the wall. And no doubt there were two other Guardsmen beyond the far entrance door standing sentry inside the outside hall way.

"Please," the Emperor said, motioning for one of the couches, "Have a seat," the Emperor himself sat down in a couching, his face relaxing for a moment in pleasure as the rare and exotic red stuffed patting of the couch relaxed a person's body in ways beyond measure.

Isard at down as well across from him, a long coffee table of shorts in between the two couches. Isard kept her sitting position much more professional and straight, verses the Emperor's relaxed posture in the couch. A LEP servant droid waddled in from a hidden service door in the wall with a silver tray of refreshments and snacks. The Emperor was offered first and took some and encouraged Isard to take some, which she did. The droid soon waddled back through the same secret door and disappeared from sight into the service tunnels that ran the palace's length, the hidden door closing behind the droid.

"Now," Palpatine said after a few bites of the rare delicacy square snack, "Please tell me what you know."

Isard swallowed a bit of the water and nodded, "The Imperial Military has a strong presence in the area up the Murgo Choke. Aside from standard patrols and other normal Imperial assets, we have halted our progress at Rago, in accordance with the previous military operations to flush out the pirates in the area and because we do not want to over extend our forces."

The Emperor already knew what she was doing, but he wanted her to say it herself, so he played the card to bait her out. Chuckling, Palpatine said, "My dear, I have planetary governments all along the Rago Run demanding we do more! What does your plan have to do with solving that issue?"

"If my Emperor would of noticed, the Empire has yet to receive any distress signals or cries for help the Utegetu Nebula. Even Military Intelligence concluded it was likely that at least a portion of the pirate forces were hiding in either the Unknown Regions or the Utegetu Nebula and almost certain it was at least both. And Imperial Intelligence concluded the same, my Emperor. Certainty, isolated and cut off from the rest of the galaxy, wouldn't such a massive pirate attack focus on the Utegetu Nebula? The pickings would be prime and the Murgo Choke would slow down any sizable military advance to stop them. And furthermore, in such a coordinated pirate attack, pirate forces should have the resources to mine the Choke and cause a hazard for Imperial forces, turning it into a slaughter. Even though Imperial forces would most certainty overpower pirate forces, the push through the Choke would result in heavy Imperial losses, even if the pirate threat was completely wiped out. So, we are holding our current military forces just back from the planet of Rago, baiting any would-be pirates out of the Nebula and Unknown Regions, fighting them on our terms and avoiding stretching ourselves too thin, but also being able to provide a proper intelligence gathering platform as well in the area via the Navy."

Maybe he wouldn't have to kill her after. She at least showed the intelligence in thinking this out, as he had hoped. Now it was time to see if she could put the pieces together.

"Continue," the Emperor said.

"And Emperor, it seems completely illogical to blockade yourself into the Nebula. There is one way in and one way out. And unless you have the military strength of an Imperial Fleet in there, there is no way any military---past or present---could hold against an all-out push by an Imperial Assault Fleet. Even with the losses from the Choke, an Imperial Assault Fleet would still have the manpower and firepower to overpower any force."

Maybe she could prove useful after all. Impressive.

"So Director," Palpatine asked, "What are you suggesting?"

"I have had several reports forwarded to be, written off on by an Agent Thomas Ford. His thoughts look promising. Even before I took over as Director, he was already assigned to hunting down several leads that we thought might be possible connections to this pirate threat. His findings have only supported his own thoughts and ours: the Utegetu Nebula, while promising in its purpose of hiding pirates and very well could currently be taken over by them by the lack of creditable threat news coming out of that area considering the region's overall pirate influence at the moment, is nothing more then a well-equipped and large diversion of loyalist pirates ready to die for some cause of brotherhood. The Nebula operation is just small enough to avoid attention, unless looked for, but just large enough to take a bite out of and distract us once looked for. And that distraction Agent Ford is tracking all the way across the other side of the galaxy. Algor was recently attacked yesterday, inflecting heavy civilian losses through a unusual strong planetary raiding force of pirates, a giant bomb that sank part of the capital city and killed thousands, and a droid starfighter attack that completely overwhelmed all military and law enforcement responses to the planetary pirate raids. And them, just as quickly as it had begun, it was over. With no victory and seemingly no clear goal in pirate by the pirates. An Imperial Lancer-class Frigate by the name of the Hard Eight even provided escort elements to a highly sensitive and classified Imperial Intelligence reconnaissance ship in the area which wasn't attacked or even approached. And even more so, an Imperial Agent we had on the ground caring the operational brains of that ship in a brief case was never approached either, despite a scare at the Algor City Bank. After-action reports seem to conclude that the pirate raid, while massive and having to be supported by a outside resource, had no goal, no direction, other then diverting our attention. But from what? Or from whom? And that leads us back to this threat is more then just pirates."

"I see," the Emperor said, adding as he stood up, "I trust that you can solve this pirate problem of ours?"

"Yes, Emperor," Isard said, standing up as well, putting her cup on the coffee table.

"Good," the Emperor said, putting his cup on the table as well, "Now, what are the reports of this time traveler?"

"Jim Palso, my Emperor?"

"Yes, yes, this Jim Palso. What of him?"

"Intelligence first tracked him several months ago entering our galaxy. Civilian observation sites noticed the galactic disturbance to space time on such a great scale they alerted the military, fearing an alien invasion fleet. It seems these time traveling worm holes are not subtle in their arriving. While Imperial Intelligence first tracked him, we contacted General Preeminent, understanding that he had some flexibility most other Imperial Commands do not enjoy. He agreed to help us and assigned a unit to our disposal from his ISB ranks. It was an odd pairing at first, Intelligence and ISB, but it has since worked out productively. We recently recovered the first time traveling Imperial agent, but the affects on his body were degrading and he had since passed away. We are reviewing the data now he brought back. And along with the ISB, we are sending in a crack team of Stormtroopers to hunt down this Palso and bring him back."

"Interesting," Palpatine said, "This pairing of ISB and Intelligence."

"Its not all roses and sunshine, Emperor," Isard replied, "We have since come toe to toe on other issues. But for the sake of the Empire, the ISB has been willing to work with us on this one issue. So, for that, we are taking what we can get right now, understanding they don't trust us and we don't trust them."

Palpatine smiled, "Typical spy types. No trust. I do hope this Palso is found, as he may hold the key to unlocking the key to the Red Rock and the restart of Project Zero on a new basis and approach. And I hope we do not fail in our pirate hunts."

"I will keep the Emperor informed and will not fail him," Isard replied with a slight bow of her head.

"I would hope so, young Ysanne. For your sake."

For your sake. Another reminder that she was still just as replaceable now as she had been before at the start of this meeting. The cold hard truth being in her position: failure was not an option.

TBC

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Pirate Captain, 'The Dishonourable Mynock' Munifex-class escape capsule

The Captain looked up as the lighting in the bridge turned red, making the command deck look like a murder scene.

"Okay, now what?" He asked.

"Multiple issues, sir," The femme on Sensors announced. "Internal radiation levels rising rapidly. That last hit must have damaged hull integrity for radiation, which would only be from our own engines, to be flooding inside the capsule. Emergency engines are losing power too."

The Captain undid his seat restraints, bounced out of the command chair and stepped over to her console to check the engine readouts over her shoulder.

Two vertical blue columns on the bar chart had shrunk drastically. "I would rather keep going, but we risk getting trapped in hyperspace."

The young woman turned her jewelry-pierced face towards him. "But reverting might not exactly be a picnic either."

The Captain looked over to his Helmsman. "We'll have to take the risk some time. Do it."

"Sir."

Fingers closed over hyperspace levers, and pulled them back as the Captain returned to his chair at the centre of the deck, the view outside turning to starlines as the vessel decelerated and reverted to real space.

The Captain settled into his chair, and called up information on the area of space they had arrived in.
    "Desevro System. Sided with the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars, so there would be a heavy Imperial presence in the years after. Hope they slacked off by now, since its two decades."

"I don't think so, Sir." The Helmsman pointed out the main port. "Look!"

The Captain looked up, catching the monochrome blur as two TIE fighters skimmed past and out of sight.

"Sith! Star Destroyer on long range scans! Near to the main planet."

Tag: no-one

24. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Mess Hall - Johnny Boy.

"We should start offloading that stuff before you depart.... The extra space might minimise the number of trips you have to make. Do we have Blood Moon's captain's permission to do that?", the LE-Series Droid comments to me. I reply softly, so not to drown out the 'Elf' who is now on his feet and addressing the assembly; "You do indeed; but I prefer the old term of 'Master and Commander' to 'Captain'. My AI partner 'Passepartout' is more her 'Captain' than I am! Give me a moment to let him know, please."

I fish out my own Comlink to make the call, but pause until the 'Elf' (now named as 'Commander Yavscout') finishes his interesting and (possibly) very enlightening dissertation about Buzz Droids, injections, an incident with a crewman and a blue serum. So, my nasty, suspicious, mind might be thinking along the right track!

Only then do I quickly call 'Passepartout', additionally instructing him to put our own B1s to use as helpers. Wouldn't do to have 'Passepartout' thinking the Mercs were trying to break in and steal the supplies; he's learned too many creative ways of eliminating intruders while he's been with me!

The Arkanian, who takes the floor next, also seems to have tasked another being with obtaining Medical Supplies, but (on the basis of Medical Supplies on board today being worth any amount of possible Medical Supplies maybe arriving at some future time) I turn back to the LE-Series Droid;

"Your offloading team and my two B1s should probably concentrate on removing the Medical stuff first, anything else to follow as convenient. For the sake of speed, I'd like to use my ship's Tractor Beam to deliver what supplies we can recover, in bulk, right into Johnny Boy's Hangar Bay if that's possible. I'll also try to arrange that the personnel we pick up bring as much as possible with them from their present location."

The next speaker, 'Doctor Cooke' also has things to say about the need for Medical Supplies - it appears the need is extremely urgent and the Good Doctor is rather upset about it!

A few more words and Captain Lasso closes the meeting. I approach Evalynne, Owen and our assigned Medic, asking them to change into their Vac-Suits and then meet me in the Hangar Bay. I also request that Owen bring his Rotary Blaster with him.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, Laine_Snowtrekker, Bravo, Master Selkath, Others in Mess Hall.

25. Intervention

Oct 1, 2012
    Storyline Post Two

Expansion Region, Red Rock Kingdom, 27,395 BBY

MUSIC: Destiny

Patrick Skystriker's stood there, his hands sweaty. He wore his officer dress clothes, complete with black polished shoes and white officer gloves. The clothes, which were a pure royal red with a thick white stripe running from the top of the left shoulder all the way down to his right hip with a black baldric running from his right shoulder down to his left hip, where a gold hilt cutlass sword hung in it's black scabbard. With black pistol holster sat on his right hip and held a Colt Anaconda. His left breast was decorated with a battle badge, a set of flight wings, rank bars, and now a metal for the first person to encounter enemy forces outside of the Red Rock Kingdom. While everyone in his squadron---all who were not currently present---got the same first encounter metal, as well as the Corvette crew with them, Patrick was the only one to be the rank of Squadron Commander.

The Squadron Commander could feel the sweat starting to build up on his forehead as he stood there, to the left and behind of the thrones, looking down the gold carpeted steps to the diplomatic party below. It would have had seemed that Echo Flight's encounter with the pirate raiding force was far reaching, to the point of bringing a major political power to the steps of the steps of the Red Rock Kingdom.

"...and what do you suppose in return?" the King, Robert: King of the Purple, boomed as he sat on his throne.

"An alliance," the Corellian diplomatic said, "Of mutual protection and assistance in this ever changing galaxy."

There was a pause, a long pause, as the King said nothing.

"My King," suddenly came a new voice.

"And who are you?" the King demanded, not at all happy that someone from the diplomatic party had spoke out of place.

"Don't!" the head diplomatic hissed.

The man looked at him and whispered back, "This is why we're here! We cannot afford to loose this opportunity."

"You do not have the authority!" the diplomatic hissed back.

"I---"

"Gentlemen!" barked the King, "I do not have time to waste playing these games!"

"Yes," the new speaker said louder, walking up to the front of the group, "My King. We are sorry. I am Director Fifty-Three."

"Director Fifty-Three?" the King barked, chuckling, "What type of name is that?!"

"It's not, my King," the man replied in all seriousness, "But one you will remember."

There was a sudden hush throughout the throne room, as if the air itself had been sucked out of the room!

Oh Sith! Patrick thought.

"Excuse me?" The King thundered, standing up, "I could have you hung for such a brave comment! And your whole diplomatic party sent away in disgrace!"

The young Corellian was not at all set-back by the threat and shrugged, "If that's how you want to conduct business, that's your business, not mine. However, what is my business is of great interest to you," the man took a business card and flipped it out at the golden carpeted steps, "When you need us, we'll be there. As much as you need us, we need you. So working together would be in our best interests. Have a good day, my King."

The young man turned and walked away, putting his hands in his pockets and whistling as he walked away, leaving his diplomatic party behind, but then stopped and turned around. "And my King, inform the head of your House of Royal Intelligence, that we are watching their every move. As they are watching ours. And let them know we've already taken the tracking beacons off of our vessels well before we left Corellia and put them back on their own ships. So that could explain why we were so...unexpected. Good try, I'll give them that, for knowing we were coming, even with all of the secrecy. But no longer are they playing in a small galaxy. The galaxy is growing King---and so are the threats---and true allies will be few."

"Who are you?" the King asked.

"It's not who I am that should concern you. It's who I work for that should. I work for The Organization. Where there are Corellian interests, we are there as well. Hidden, not seen. Always watching. Always ready. We understand this galaxy, King, better then your House of Royal Intelligence ever could. But I see potential. And when I see potential, I like to invest in it. I believe your House of Royal Intelligence could become the best ever. We, The Organization, remain small and off the radar on purpose. It suits our goals. But allow us to come alongside your Royal Intelligence and together, I do believe we could build something amazing together. Axios!"

With that, the man left.

IC: Director One (aka "Jeff")
    Fort North, Northern Mountains, Planet of Jod (under the governance of the Confederation of the Sovereign States of Jod)

MUSIC: Storm

"Axios!"

The Queen Guardsmen shouted in union, some thirty in total, turning and coming to attention along the concrete tunnel deep inside the tunnel. The doors behind Director One closed, the backs of the two Queen Guardsmen sentries outside breaking up the view of the snow mountain fort's court yard outside. Walking along the corridor, Jeff came to another set of doors, which opened, and he went in.

Yes, the House of Royal Intelligence had grown beyond even The Organization's wildest dreams and indeed had become an asset in the coming War of Shadows. The HRI was truly a organization of itself, self-supporting. And very deadly. The best in the galaxy.

But make no mistake.

Even in a culture of secrecy, of lies, of half truths and of murders and disappearances, of lake bed graveyards and of head of state assassinations---even in a time when the HRI and The Organization did not see eye to eye, there were secret organizations within secret organizations, places where loyalty ran thicker then blood for thousands of years.

TBC