main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Intervention: Echoes in Eternity (An Original Trilogy Game; Always taking new players!!!)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bravo, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Ooh, is someone about to get.... *checks Disallowed Words List*.... *checks definition of word on Google*.... *weighs risk/reward*.... okay, nothing to see here, folks. Move along. :p O:)

Uriel Manteroni likes this.
  2. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    IC: Masha Tinovorsh
    Hangar Bay, Delicate Delinquent

"If we need a power loss up there I am sure I could manage it. It won't be subtle though."

"Isn't that why I'm here?" Masha said, "I mean... I'm not the best slicer but.... "

She nudged Atin slightly, "I'll be a lot more subtle than you, as always." Her general monotone making it difficult to tell if she was joking or not, hence the nudge.

Masha still didn't know why they were bothering to do this. It was... Fun, though. The slightest of slight smiles came across her face momentarily, then disappeared before she spoke again.

"If you can follow a heat source with your visor we might be able to find a weak point in the electrical system. That runs the risk of far reaching, unintended consequences though. We don't know what else it might be tied to."

TAGS: Bardan_Jusik, Sith-I-5

OOC: Short post because I'm studying for an exam and I'm siiiiick. Just the tail end of a cold I've had over the past few days.

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Beskaryc Taab
    Forest Planet

Cutting throttle to his jetpack, Taab alighted on the wet muddy ground gingerly. The immediate threat of the Beasts gone, the two groups began to turn on one another. Warrant did his best to keep the Mercs in line, while the trooper who introduced himself as Animal did likewise for the stormies. His boots slowly sinking into the mud, Taab watched events unfold dispassionately, though he kept a close watch on the trooper called Pete, he seemed to be the most emotional of the Imperials here, though Taab knew that meant little. If they were ordered to kill the Mercs, none of them would hesitate to do so. Taab sighed to himself, well they would die trying anyway.

"Su cuy'gar ner vod," (Hello my brother, literally So you're still alive my brother) Taab mumbled to himself as Animal removed his bucket, revealing the all too familiar, if not aged, features of Jango Fett. There weren't a lot of clones left of him out there on active duty. Many had been "retired" by the Empire, or put out to pasture leading training units. But not this one, this one was leading a SpecOps unit of some kind. Taab sighed again. Wonderful, and it wasn't like he had just finished getting his shebs handed to him by Jango's unaltered clone. This planet was getting worse all the time.

Still there was a respect for Animal that now existed that hadn't before. Taab didn't recognize the soldier's number, and doubted he had been his training sergeant back before the war on Kamino. That kind of coincidence would have been staggering, even in a universe that seemed to love such connections. Taab had no idea if the man had been brought up by any of the other Mandalorian training sergeants, or one of the aruetii (foreign) ones either. He shrugged, a gesture that brought about imense pain from his right shoulder. shab, it was possible this guy was from a batch near the end of the Clone War and never even stepped foot on Kamino. In the end he supposed, it didn't matter one way or another.

"Security Chief," Warrant looked to Taab, "Your orders?"

Taab looked at him, briefly wondering what the man was thinking. Here they were, stranded on an alien world, assaulted by strange Beasts and they had only survived because of a rather tenuous alliance with a band of Imperials. Taab himself was a mess, pitted scars and scorch marks covered his armor, and he was clearly wounded. That couldn't be confidence inspiring to the Mercs who were still reeling from the loss of Captain Lasso. Now it was up to Taab, even in his current state, to lead these men. Taab was a loner by nature, leading soldiers in a situation like this wasn't something he had been forced to do in a long time, a long time. Taab looked back at Warrant before quietly saying.

"The mission hasn't changed, find Palso and hope he has transport off this rock." He looked around, making sure he wasn't being overheard by any Imperials before continuing on. "If he doesn't, we steal some," he was sure the stormies had some way of getting off world lined up. "Probably from these shabuire." He released his carbine which clanged back against his chestplate. "For now we stick with them, safety in numbers." He ran his left hand over his buy'ce (helmet) wiping away some of the mud there. "Spread the word though, quietly, first chance we get to kill these stormies, we slot them all. Got it?"

TAG: Bravo

IC: Atin Taab
    Hanger Bay, Delicate Delinquent

"I'll be a lot more subtle than you, as always." Behind his T-Visor, Atin blushed at the joke. Edge was right, though to be fair it really wasn't all that difficult to be more subtle than he usually was. He nodded along though. Her plan was certainly better than his would have been. Besides, his way of cutting power to the upper decks would have involved damaging the ship, something he doubted Commander Yavscout would have looked too fondly upon, especially on the eve of battle.

"If you can follow a heat source with your visor we might be able to find a weak point in the electrical system. That runs the risk of far reaching, unintended consequences though. We don't know what else it might be tied to."

"Yeah, that shouldn't be too hard." He looked up at the ceiling of the hanger bay, conduits, power cables and fuel lines criss crossed their way along it like a maze of colored tubing. "That one," he pointed to a yellow colored bundle. "We can follow where that leads into a bulkhead and I can track it from there." He switched his HUD view to a thermal scan, and was confused for a moment before he located the right bundle again. "Yeah I got it. C'mon, let's trace it to an empty room where you can work in private."

TAG: Sith-I-5, Heavy Isotope

4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Medical Officer Yanitoba, Medical, Deck Eight, Delicate Delinquent

Yanitoba suppressed a sigh at Owen's query: “So,” he said turning his gaze to Yanitoba “Am I cured now, can I get back to work?

"Now now, let's not-" He had been about to say, 'run before we can walk', then checked the man's lanyard to see it would be better to use the 'jumping to hyperspace before we have fitted the engine', but no, the laminated plastic only showed an M. "-run before we can walk, eh?"

The medic straightened, looking down at Owen. "I have a short series of questions, for you to answer with yes, no, or elaborations. Actually, hold there a moment."

Yanitoba stepped several metres away to place his medical datapad onto the flat platform of a wheeled stand, opened the device, and deftly paged through several screens to get to the ones relating the PTSD self-test.

Just verbally reeling of questions was not going to cut it now.

Behind him, in the centre of the room, he could here his colleagues and the two Merc' nurses, discussing moving the All Terrain Armoured Transport out of it's Theta-class transport dropship, and using the vacated space as a field hospital for the refugees.

One of the nurses asked if they had anyone who could operate an AT-AT.

Tag: galactic-vagabond422, Mitth_Fisto

IC: Dak (Merc' Captain's protocol droid), Main Hangar, Deck Four, Delicate Delinquent

Dak regarded his two fellow Mercs.

"Yeah, that shouldn't be too hard." He looked up at the ceiling of the hanger bay, conduits, power cables and fuel lines criss crossed their way along it like a maze of colored tubing. "That one," he pointed to a yellow colored bundle. "We can follow where that leads into a bulkhead and I can track it from there." He switched his HUD view to a thermal scan, and was confused for a moment before he located the right bundle again. "Yeah I got it. C'mon, let's trace it to an empty room where you can work in private."

The droid was still internally sounding out the cruiser's software, and being rebuffed whenever he subtley tried to take control of something. His activities paused when he registered the opening of a maintenance console on Deck Eight.

Dak waited to see what if that user noticed the droid's activities. Outwardly, he mentioned to the two, "Remember that Pilot Officer Formal requested only the lights be affected. Comm me only if you can shut off the lights on Deck Eight." The droid paused, "Sorry, deck CT-1. Shutting off the lights on Eight won't help anyone. We will co-opt the Merc code, We can go dark for this, as I feel it is best to assume that the Organisation are monitoring everyone's comms. We do not want to spook them."

Tag: Bardan_Jusik, Heavy Isotope, Uriel Manteroni (OOG information only)

5. Uriel Manteroni

Uriel Manteroni Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 24, 2014
    IC: Uriel Manteroni
    Maintenance Corridor, Deck Eight. Delicate Delinquent.
    Thought, Speech, Action, NPC, PC

OOC: Before you think it strange the Post: I have Sith's authorization!

OG: Music: http://www.vagalume.com.br/calvin-harris/well-be-coming-back-feat-example.html

Somewhere on the deck 4, a droid notices something strange ...
    Meanwhile Uriel try to use their masterpasswords: Hmm ... let's see this: Q = $ = # = rr:

Response in screen display Maintenance Console: Incorrect Password.

Hmmm ... I'll try this: 12087y6 ** / 9. The answer: Incorrect Password!

Uriel say aloud: "Damn it !!" Uriel looks at looks around ... all empty. Hmmm can only be this:} ~ juyt %% 67332212 ## 4 @ 179) 8. The answer, cold, short and sure: Incorrect Password !!!

"****ing hell !! Damn ****ing !! " Uriel is exasperating !! He punches on the console! "What **** size of the galaxy !!"

Uriel leaves angry maintenance corridor !! He wanted to return to the Firing Range and unload their guns and to kick all!!

In light of the main corridor Uriel finds himself alone: ​​But that ******** **** !! Where is all this **** ****ing crew !!!

If it was in my time here would be full of people, if it were in my time ... Uriel stop talking alone and remember a password ... a special password ... a password just of his own, especially for his fleet ... he thinks ... but to this password to run on this ship...it would have to have been allocated in Dracul Fleet a long time ago, more than 30 years ago...

Uriel looks at the maintenance corridor and think: hmmm ... if Vamp were here she would tell me the likelihood of it ... hmmm ... well this cruiser looks pretty old ... well ... black market ... Mercs ... so ... why not?

Uriel back to the Maintenance Console and he type the password reset-base of its fleet: "Uriel Admiral". For a few seconds the response delay, Uriel freezes. So the main screen of console maintenance opens!! The access to the link of systems.

Uriel screams of joy !!! "Ahahahahahahaha !!! I though I had an intuition !!! But this is fortune-telling !!" Uriel kisses the console screen !! "Aahahaha !! Delicate Delinquent ... well ... it was not my standard of naming ships, but anyway ... I like its new name !!"

Uriel then tries to access the master tree menu: Access is denied.

Damn ... like so ...

Uriel tries to energy systems: Access denied.

The drivetrains: Access denied.

Communications: Access denied!

Antigravity system: Access is denied.

Activation system of gravity wells: Access denied.

System gravitational wells support: Access Denied

The Main reactors: Access denied !!

"****ing hell !! To which I have access then !!!"

Uriel tried to secondary reactors: Access denied.

Weapon Systems: Access Denied; salvatage systems: Access Denied; Shields: Access Denied; System of security cameras: Partial access! "Ahahaha, at least I will be able to spy on the girls in the bathroom !!"

Sensor system: Partial access.

Hmmm, finally an interesting system. Uriel enters the sensors, the sublinks some they are with a green arrow (ok: full access to the sensor), the other with a yellow triangle (partial access), the other with a red cross (Access Denied) .

Uriel then tried sensors with partial access, with incredible speed, typical hackers style, clicked on a sub-menu (the reactor power sensors) and chose a tree sensor (main source indicator of antimatter), then opened a Hyper-DOS screen in the system and typed the access code line to the system: K: // == LSI-124 interface COMPLETE- x / y / z / t ==> PSW. Then clicked enter. A subroutine up and then a password window appeared: So Uriel was for the another screen and he was in a file READ-ME in the main tree sensors, and found an encrypted password, Uriel took his datapad via the wireless system captured the encryption and rolled a pirate software / hacker and discovered the password Immobiliser 418 maintenance code: "E289-26-29".

Uriel returned to the subroutine of antimatter sensor and typed password. A few seconds and then the window opened completely! "Hm hmmm, well ... I'm accessing something."

Uriel was the main tree and started playing ... seeing which sensors he was and what he did not have access ... It will be a good time to spend ... a ship this size has many sensors !!

But before he start to play, Uriel decided to do a wave of low and high frequency hyperlink to have online information from all sensors shipped via wireless cruiser network to his Merc datapad.

He decided not his datapad, but the datapad who won of the Merc. After all, anyone can find and send a virus and toasting my datapad ... and I can not risk losing the star maps of MAW.

Uriel made the link enabled wireless dispatch system across the cruiser, activated its Merc Datapad to receive any position and frequency. AND READY.

Uriel left the console system, shut off all access. And left the maintenance corridor, in the main hallway decided to go get something to eat in the canteen ...

Laughing thought: I can not wait to see the security cameras ... where will be the locker room girls ...??

Tag: Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Co-GM OOC: PM despatched, re. the less acceptable terminology.

7. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    IC: Evalynne Smith/Swifts
    Firing Range, Deck Three, Delicate Delinquent

For a sniper--a supposedly loner type creature, if she could believe the vids--Aidan was sure talkative. Then again, maybe his talk was his way of disarming people with words.

And what was this about him having to evaluate the Jod soldier? No one asked him to do it; at least, not to Evalynne's knowledge. The officer was simply here to evaluate how (or if) Swifts could shoot and apparently declare her fit or unfit for the upcoming mission.

Kind of pointless, in its way, wasn't it? Evalynne had a feeling that, regardless of the officer's ruling, she was gonna end up embroiled in battle just like everyone else. She wasn't sure where that feeling was coming from, but she'd learned to pay attention when she got that fluttery sense of. . . well, weirdness in a situation.

"Ready to go at your command," Evalynne said to the officer.

TAG: Tim Battershell, Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 and Tim Battershell like this.
  8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Corporal Loretta, Shooting Range on Deck Three, Delicate Delinquent

Loretta nodded at the stormtrooper's statement, though she did not know how evaluating her proficiency was going to help him if other crew got assigned to his team.

"Ready to go at your command." The girl reminded.

"Good." She indicated the weapon that Smith was holding. "That going to be your primary weapon? The DC-17m Interchangeable Weapons System, or Deece. Optimum range, 45 metres; maximum range, 450 metres."

She stepped past the young woman while waiting for an answer, setting the lane to swap out the damaged targets for five new ones.

"Alright, when you are ready, put the weapon into blaster mode, make sure it is set for 'lethal fire', rather than 'stun', then put two shots into each of those targets for me. We don't know what you are going to be up against, but with most humanoid opposition, aim for the torso, rather than head or limbs."

Loretta stepped back next to Aidan, so as not to crowd Smith. "When you are ready."

Tag: Laine_Snowtrekker, Tim Battershell

IC: Agent Devon Robie, Hangar exit, Deck Four, respectively, Delicate Delinquent

The agent carried the chair all the way out of the hangar, the crewman handing out the lanyards watching him the last twenty metres.

"Here you go, Col'." He said, putting the thing down on its front two legs next to Col, and letting gravity take care of the back legs.

"Oh man, you are a lifesaver!" Col gushed happily, stepping diagonally and stiffly dropping onto the red velveteen seat cushion. "I want to marry you and have your babies."

Devon glanced fearfully around, and noting that the Johmer Evanson and the Merc the legs were at the far end of the corridor, and well outside earshot, pointed a suckered finger down at the seated man. "Look, don't be saying that even as a joke, Man!"
    He straightened, considering. "Actually, I have nothing to do for the time being. Why don't you go have a quick break, I'll cover here till we reach Toola."

"What you got planned for Toola?"

Devon leaned against the bulkhead behind the chair and shrugged, glancing back into the hangar to observe the Mandalorian and the Ice Queen (Masha) gazing up at the ceiling high above them. "I have to prep the Fluffy for departure, and to take passengers. If she is not used to ferry the Go Team to the space station, she will probably get co-opted to assist in the evacuation."

"Cheers." Col stood and handed over the lanyards. "Thanks, pal." He headed aft for the turbolifts, hobbling a bit as he goty his lower limbs used to movement.

Tag: no-one

Tim Battershell likes this.
  9. Intervention

Intervention Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2012
    IC: Commodore Timothy Stakes
    Bridge, Allegiance, King-II Class Battleship, nearing Forest Planet

MUSIC: Battle of Yavin

"Commodore!" the Tactical Officer barked, "The turbolasers have stopped!"

"Readjust our turbolaser batteries, Gunnery. I want sixty percent of batteries to focus on that Star Destroyer and the rest to assist with the quads. Alert the Mass Driver Cannons; I want flak loaded and ready."

"As ordered, Commodore!" Gunnery replied, as the last flashes of green turbolaser fire from the Imperial Star Destroyer flashed across their shields.

"Prepare for the TIEs," Stakes inserted, watching as the Star Destroyer had done an impressive---and no doubt stressful maneuver on the Destroyer's structural frame---almost complete 360 using a combination of the planet's gravity and thrusters (although the ISD was coming in at them at a angel, trying to put itself between the Allegiance and planet, while the Gallant sped around to their starboard to attempt to "pancake" them "Three squadrons on ready-hot, Commander."

"Aye, Captain," the Commander said, issuing orders via a comlink mike on his chair to the hanger.

"TIEs incoming!" alerted the sensors officer.

Soon, an array of tiny dots to their port and angling across their bow became alive with green laser fire that shot across the darkness of space.

"Hold fire on quads and Mass Drivers!" Stakes ordered, "Turbolasers only."

IC: Captain Matthew Ozmath
    Gallant, Gladiator II-class Star Destroyer, deep orbit over forest planet

"Sensor scan complete, Captain," said one of the crew pit officers, "That ship has quad laser turrets and Mass Driver Cannons."

"Those TIEs are walking into a trap," Ozmath breathed, "Communications, emergency communication to the Imperial Star Destroyer Fist. Alert them to quads! Engineering, full burn around to their starboard. We'll need to get within range for our concussion missiles and try to target their bridge. All stations on alert. Shields up. Launch our Howlrunner squadron in escort."

IC: Imperial Agent Thomas Ford
    Bridge, ISD-II Fist, in high orbit above Forest Planet

Thomas watched with quiet observation from the bridge's viewports as the battle unfolded.

"Admiral," said the Captain next to the Admiral as he walked up from behind, "We have adjusted our course as ordered, sir and are heading to cut the enemy off."

"TIEs?" the Admiral asked.

"Engaging, Admiral. But squadron leaders are reporting turbolasers only. With the enemy still focusing firepower on us, sir, it should be an easy kill. They're running, but not for long."

The Admiral looked off at the growing battle, "If your running, why focus firepower on us?" the Admiral looked to sensors, "Sensors, weaponry scan on that ship?"

"Forty percent complete, sir. The computer system is having to construct a whole new sensor file for a unknown class of ship and build a model. With us in long range turbolaser range, sensors can't get a in-depth reading. However, the Gallant is closer then us and should---"

"Admiral!" barked the communications officer, "The Gallant is reporting quad laser batteries on that ship! And lots of them!"

"Oh by the Force," the Admiral breathed quietly, "Help us," speaking up, he said, "Withdraw those TIEs! Launch gunships in escort formation! We've walked into a trap!"

"Quads and Mass Driver Cannons," Stakes said, "Open fire!"

Suddenly the lights started to dimmer off and on as the various reactor and power generators adjusted for the quad laser batteries and Mass Driver Cannons. Space was suddenly filled with red spikes of death and clouds of flak between the Allegiance and the TIEs and within that, small explosions started to happen.

"Commodore," the Commander said, "The Gladiator, sir."

Stakes turned his head to see the Gladiator start to move into firing range, "Gunnery, keep that Gladiator honest. Commander, launch a fighter and bomber squadron in support of gunnery operations."

"Yes, Commodore."

"Tactical?" Stakes asked.

"Attack profile suggests missiles, Commodore. Her heaviest weaponry are H9 Duals, sir."

"They'll target either the hangers or the bridge. Tractor Beam Control, coordinate with Tactical. I want tractor beams in position, reverse their power to push away, and target any missiles. Focus around the hangers and bridge. Helm, bring our bow about to face that Gladiator to give us more of an angel on attack!"

IC: Captain Matthew Ozmath
    Gallant, Gladiator II-class Star Destroyer, deep orbit over forest planet

The Gallant shook with the turbolaser hits from the powerful DBY-827 heavies from that new ship.

"Captain," reported the Commander, "We can't much more of this! We were not designed for this type of punishment!"

"Starfighter Control," the Captain said as sparks flew from the bridge, "Withdraw the Howlrunners to the rear! Once we get in range of those quads, they'll have nowhere to run!"

"Gunnery, once your in range, start to engage that ship with all batteries! Once you have target lock, unleashed the concussion missiles to the bridge!"

TBC

MUSIC: END

IC: Alexander Zat, Agent Bonds
    Suterusu, HT-2200 Medium Freighter, hyperspace towards the "Forest Planet"

"Zat!" Bonds barked through the comm system, "Do you have him?!"

"GO! GO!" came the reply over the comm; the Jod Agent checked the video feed really quick before checking the outside cockpit window, seeing the dreaded Coruscant Aces coming through the clearing clouds from above and at an angel.

"Old man is going to get us killed!" Bonds mumbled as he put full power to engines and disengaged the repulsors, the fiery crash of the YU-410 in the forest below under them.

MUSIC: TIE Fighter Attack

As Bonds accelerated away, he switched all weaponry to auto, hoping to keep the TIEs off bay at least for a little bit, but even as the first green bolts impacted the strong shields and TIEs flew around him, he knew they had little chance.

Zat came in just as Bonds was ignoring a comm call from the Imperials as the Suterusu shook with a particularly powerful blast and sent Zat flying across the cockpit and into the wall before he could finally find his seat.

"Palso?" Bonds asked.

"Alive. Stun shot to the chest." Zat replied.

"Next time you have a crazy idea to jump on a moving ship like that to rescue a smuggler," Bonds replied, driving the ship through a winding canyon, "Pick another pilot!"

"Who's calling?" Zat asked, pointing to the blinking comm light.

"Imps," Bonds said, "They want us to land. That's why we're not dead yet."

"Options?" Zat said.

"With two Star Destroyers in orbit? Slim. Those TIEs would knock out hyperspace out first before we reached orbit. And once we reach orbit, try to get past those Star Destroyers. You best hope the Allegiance has some crazy pilots."

"I'll put in the call," Zat said, "The Mercs on the surface?"

"One galactic crisis at a time, please!" Bonds replied, the ship shaking with laser blasts.

TBC

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  10. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Owen Byrne
    Delicate Delinquent, Deck Eight

"Now now, let's not-" Medical Officer Yanitoba started, Owen clenched his fist, was he a child now. The hollow feeling began to be replaced by a glowing coal of anger.

You see soldier, you’re useless to them now,

"-run before we can walk, eh?" Yanitoba continued. “I have a short series of questions, for you to answer with yes, no, or elaborations. Actually, hold there a moment." More questions, why were there more questions, and why didn’t he start right away. Did the man have more pressing matters to attend to?

I told you soldier,” his father bellowed, “You’re not a fighter to them you’re a patient, something to be treated and sent home. You’ll never be anything different to them.” The anger grew in Owen, he wanted to wrap his hand around the Medical Officer’s throat, make him understand that Owen was a fighter, he does one job, fight, and the longer he is kept from that job the worse he gets. His legs tightened ready to stand but, he stopped, anger wasn’t getting him out of this, only way out is through. “You think they’ll let you fight again. Keep dreaming soldier, they’ll have you cleaning latrines day in and day out, you’ll never see combat again. There’s the door,” Owen looked up at the exit, “I suggest you take it and get far away from these people.

A sigh escaped the young man’s mouth, maybe it was a mistake to join this group, maybe he should have stayed a freelancer. Maybe it was time to move on.

“Ask your questions Yanitoba, I don't have anywhere to go.” He said a little defeated. He then turned his gaze to Major Jeth, “Major,” he started in a tone that befitted speaking to a superior officer, “This can wait until after the Medical Officer has completed his questions," He paused for a moment, "but what is the process for terminating one’s relationship, with the Mercs.”

TAG: Sith-I-5 Mitth_Fisto

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Dak, Main Hangar on Deck Four, Delicate Delinquent

With Masha and Atin ready to depart, the droid lowered his head as if contemplating his metal navel, but really concentrating on monitoring the maintenance console he had detected being accessed.

Q = $ = # = rr: The user typed. Would that code be useful?

Incorrect Password. Apparently not.

12087y6 ** / 9.

Incorrect Password.

} ~ juyt %% 67332212 ## 4 @ 179) 8.

Incorrect Password.

"Alright, this was either an amnesiac maintenance tech, or an intruder." He muttered.

Uriel Admiral

Dak's photoreceptors brightened, the mechanical equivalent of an organic widening their eyes in horror or surprise!

One of his Mercs was accessing the panel!

Password Accepted.

What. In. The Original Light? How the hell did the man's name get recognised by the ship's systems?

Energy systems: Access denied.

The drivetrains: Access denied.

Communications: Access denied!

Antigravity system: Access is denied.

Activation system of gravity wells: Access denied.

System gravitational wells support: Access Denied

The Main reactors: Access denied !!

Secondary reactors: Access denied.

"Secondary reactors?!" Dak didn't even know the cruiser had secondary reactors.

Weapon Systems: Access Denied

Salvatage systems:

"What the drokk are they?" Dak muttered aloud.

Access Denied

Shields: Access Denied

System of security cameras: Partial access!

Sensor system: Partial access.

Master Tree Menu: Access is denied

Dak monitored this progress for a while. So Pilot Officer Manteroni had achieved partial access.

He looked towards Atin and Masha. "Continue with your endeavours. I may have discovered another option. Or, a traitor." The dark-plated droid moved to leave the hangar, himself, lifting his C1 comlink to his vocabulator, and engaged one of Captain Taller's less-used modifications, 'cheery mode'; the equivalent of an organic smiling when making a comm call: "Vampire from Dak! What is your location, please?"

Tag: Bardan_Jusik, Heavy Isotope, Uriel Manteroni

12. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Owen Byrne
    Delicate Delinquent, Deck Eight

Owen sat there awaiting the Medical Officer’s questions. His mind filled with the screams of those killed and the roar of his father ordering him to leave. He just wanted things to get back to normal, or normal for him at least. If his mind would quiet for just a moment maybe he could think straight. Maybe once he got away from here things would get better.

Is that really what we are now?” A new voice entered his head, just what he needed, “When did we become a scared, insecure, little boy trying to live up Sir’s ideal of a soldier.” Owen looked around almost nervously, like the new voice was external. He then saw where the voice was coming from, well where his mind told him the voice was coming from. Over Jeth’s shoulder was a tall broad-shouldered man in gleaming Republic Commando armor. “We both know we’re not, we haven’t been since the day we left home.

‘What are you?’ Owen asked within his mind, confused as to why this new voice had a body.

You know what I am. I’m you,” the being moved closer, “I’m you if you can get let go of your guilt and fear.

‘Why shouldn’t I feel guilty, I did nothing while my squad burned that village to the ground’

It wasn’t our fault, we didn’t harm anyone in that raid, we tried to save one of them.

‘And we failed,’

Even if we did save Allie what would it have accomplished? We would’ve been killed on the spot and Allie still would’ve died.

‘What about Creksozok?’

He was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Not our fault. If we didn’t kill him somebody else would’ve and probably take several more innocents with him.

‘And that’s supposed to make it ok?’

When do we start thinking in black and white? This universe is filled with grays, we know that. We did the best we could in those situations. And even if we did kill one of the villagers it still wouldn’t have been our fault, we didn’t give the order, we’d of just carried it out.

‘So we take no responsibly for our actions’

That’s our problem, we take too much responsibly, and the weight doesn’t sit right with our supposed ideal of a soldier. That’s not what we are. We’re not a soldier, we’re not a Stormtrooper, we’re not a freelancer, we’re not even a frakking Merc.

‘What are we then?’

Easy,” his other self strode forward and placed his index finger over the patient’s heart, “We’re just a simple man, trying to make our way in the universe. Now straighten your shoulders and answer the Medic’s questions. No point fighting it now.” Owen followed the command and leveled his shoulders.

“Sorry for the dramatics Major,” Owen said looking at the older Merc, “just a little insecure, scared and frustrated. I just hate feeling useless is all. I’m here now, here to stay. I’m sure I’ll have plenty of time to get my mental house in order.” He took a deep breath as the shining commando disappeared. “Ready whenever you are Sir,” he nodded to Medical Officer Yanitoba, “Apologies for my behavior, I was only harming myself. I know I’m broken, and it’s going to take a lot more than one confession to put me right again. So I’m all yours for however long it takes.”

TAG: Sith-I-5 Mitth_Fisto

13. Uriel Manteroni

Uriel Manteroni Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 24, 2014
    IC: Uriel Manteroni
    Main Corridor, Deck Eight, next Canteen. Delicate Delinquent.
    Thought, Speech, Action, NPC, PC

Uriel was going to the canteen. He was very pleased. It has access to the Cruizer's sensors could not give him power to "maneuver" but gave him power "informational" and information is money!

The call came from the Merc datapad. Uriel picked it up and thought: Who is Dak? Before answering, he accessed the datapad and did a search for the name in the Mercs members file>> Answer: DAK:==Protocol Droid ==> Captain Lasso's assistant.

Hmm Lasso's droid, interesting... Where will be Lasso?

Uriel responds: "Vampire listening! I am in the Main-Corridor of Deck Eight. I'm coming in the main canteen of the ship. You are friend of Captain Lasso, then, I invite you to join me in a drink, I drink Coruscant beer, you drink lube oil!"

Uriel entered the canteen ... empty ...

But what an amazing thing !! The entire crew are dieting !!

Uriel sat at a table and pressed a little button, the electronic equivalent of a bell.

Then a droid came out the back of a desk and approached. Uriel asked for a snack and a beer jug.

"Coruscant beer? "

"No, we have not beer of coruscant."

"Ok, bring what you have."

Obviously must be prohibited drinking on duty in DD, but Uriel was not the kind of soldier who accepted prohibitions.

I wonder... what Dak want?

TAG: @Sith-I-5

14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Game Master Announcement

In light of family-concerns (which are the most important) and the approaching holidays, I would greatly appreciate it if everyone took a week for themselves. Post if you want, but bring it down in gear for a few days; relax, refuel, and spend time with family and friends. I understand this time of year can be stressful and we all have our additional DRL issues to contend with in addition to the holiday stress. We're a family here and supporting each other is the most important thing we can do, both here on the boards and in DRL where we walk around James Bond 007 undercover nerds (little does the world know).

In the meantime, you can come check out the Intervention Wiki. It's coming along nicely (I've been working on it all weekend again and was up until 1:30am today---with work at 5am, I could of made a better choice :p). It's mostly been Trade Federation edits and additions. The data nerd in me is making this process take longer then planned---but hey, you'll have one heck of a detailed wiki to reference (just check out the detail in the Combat Battalion for a reference)! I hope, once all completed from KOJ to Federation to Mercs, it will enhance your gaming experience all together. :) There's been some formatting issues between the boards and the wiki, which has been taking up a large part of time unfortunately (I simply can't transfer data over---that would be too easy :rolleyes:).

All in all, feel free to post---but also take some time to yourselves. I will responding to tags accordingly this week, but don't expect anyone else to unless you want to. :) We can all hit back full throttle November 16th, 2015.

15. Intervention

Oct 1, 2012
    IC: Squadron Commander Joaquin Eraid
    Deinonychus Leader,Deinonychus Squadron; FAIR Raptor-class Fighter / Interceptor, Neoteric Starfighter Corps

Joaquin slid into the FAIR's ejection seat, his Crew Chief handing him his helmet. Soon, the older chief locked the helmet into place after Joaquin put it on, giving the Commander a thumbs up as Joaquin's helmet sealed; the fighter pilot returned the thumbs up as soon as he could feel the rush of oxygen hit his face a moment later from the life support system. The crew chief jumped down from the fighter's cockpit and slid down the yellow ladder, quickly moving the ladder away, and moments later the cancopy on the cockpit started to close.

While the Commander already had squadron members' voices over the helmet communication system filling his helmet, once the canopy closed, the true experience came to life. The HUD screen flickered to life across the canopy's frontal view; first were the standard HUD features (that copied the digital console read-outs on the console below and put them up on the HUD) which included a targeting recital, laser, blaster, and projectile ammo, missiles left, climb, dive, pitch, & other flying measurements, speed, fuel, shields, sensors, and damage to the FAIR. In addition to the standard package, the HUD featured two communication columns on either far side of the HUD in the upper corners. The communications tab to the left upper showed a list of all squadron members with their faces, their fighter number, military rank, and name, as well as current damage status, engagement status (cover, attack, dogfight, etc.), and showed who was talking over the communication tab. To the right far side was the command & control communications tab, showing hanger control with their face and status, flight control with their face and status, and their home ship's bridge with a face and status and also showed who was talking.

Eraid could see his squadron was all green as he went through his pre-flight check-list, then followed the instructions of the hanger bay technician to his front to launch.

"Hanger Control," Eraid said over the comm system, "This is Deinonychus Leader. Deinonychus Squadron is all green. Awaiting orders."

"Hanger Control copies, Deinonychus Leader. Hanger is clear and ready for launch. Flight Control, they are green."

"Flight Control to both Hanger Control. We have them from here. Deinonychus Squadron, you are clear for launch. Happy hunting."

Joaquin smiled under his helmet, ", Flight Control," the Commander switched his comm line over to the squadron, "Okay

Clicks came in from some for confirmation, while others could be heard chuckling over the line at the easy prey. But they knew to be on guard for anything.

After all, Deinonychus Squadron was a Kingdom of Jod starfighter squadron and had a standard to uphold as the best starfighter pilots in the galaxy...

TBC

16. Intervention

Oct 1, 2012
    IC: Darth Vader
    Top-secret Asteroid Base, Moonflower Nebula (Wild Space)

"Rebels!" Doctor Van Halfin exclaimed as the exterior video feed from the scattered security systems throughout the asteroid filed showed the ships approaching slowly, as if they were searching, "We have to call in a Imperial warship!"

Darth Vader looked at the static-filled imagine of the two X4 Gunships escorting a Clone Wars-frigate retrofit of a Consular-class Cruiser. A mixed squadron of 2 H-Wings, 6 R-41 Starchasers, and 4 N-1 Starfighters (repainted in a red and silver paint scheme) provided a further escort. A YT-1300 Freighter that Vader remembered from the Death Star as the Millennium Falcon was with the Rebels as well.

"No," Vader exclaimed as he turned to the aging scientist, "If we do, the Emperor will surely discover our plans and we cannot allow that to happen!"

Halfin spread out his arms, "Lord Vader, this space station is based with light defense weaponry! Not to mention only a handful of Noghri Death Commandos! And our Sheathipede-class Transport Shuttle isn't big enough for everybody! That!" Halfin pointed to the security feed, "Is a Rebel fleet out there!"

"That is no Rebel Fleet, Doctor Halfin," Vader replied, "It is a task force, assembled most likely from a small Rebel base on a last-minute operation. Our location has been betrayed and the Rebels have come for a singular reason with the resources they have; however it is clear the Rebels are searching for us and do not know our precise location, which gives us the advantage. I will delay the Rebel advance. You will evacuate the station and take the essential equipment. The best of your staff will be at the shuttle waiting; your droids are already loading your equipment into the shuttle."

"What do you mean the best of my staff?" Halfin replied.

Vader turned and walked away and when he neared the blast doors to the operations room, he saw one of the Noghri Death Commandos dragging the body of the male scientist----a blood streak following him on the floor---as the male human and
    Bith were escorted around the dead man's body by another Noghri. Further down in the station's depths screams from the other scientists could be heard.

Vader was standing at the door and turned his head to Halfin, "Their failure sealed their fate, Doctor. If you fail me again, Doctor, your fate will be likewise. My Noghri Death Commandos have been given instructions and know where to go. You will have all the equipment and supplies there. I pray you do not fail me again, Doctor."

Halfin was still looking on in disbelief when the communications screen came to alive. Halfin turned and saw a rather cocky looking fellow.

"This is Captain Han Solo of the Rebel Alliance. Vader, I guess I missed you on the Death Star trench run. Well, guess what? I'm baaaaack! You are hereby under arrest Darth Vader by the Rebel Alliance and ordered to give yourself up without a fight. A course, I know you won't. But, you know, I gotta be politically correct through this process. We're coming for you Vader and we've already secured things to where no Imperials will be coming for a long time. Why don't you play nice and give yourself up?"

NO TAG

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  17. Intervention

Oct 1, 2012
    OOG: I have updated the Wiki with the King's Army, under Infantry and Field Tactical Unit.

Also, you may reference the Sentinel Corps under page 42 (it will be added to the wiki shortly).

IC: Lord Alic Tarfa & 81st Field Tactical Unit (attached to the Infantry)
    Just after Mid-Night, Royal Palace, Planet of Jod, Confederation of the Sovereign States of Jod

MUSIC: WinBack: Covert Operations

Tarfa slipped over the wall quietly just after the three soldiers before him; with him Alic carried a S-5 Heavy Blaster Pistol, which he held with elbow cocked, as leaned up against the wall, taking a look in both directions down the top defensive wall. One of the soldiers already over the wall slid the dead Sentinel (Sentinel Corps) sentry up against the wall quietly, while the other two soldiers took defensive positions looking up and down the trench run atop the wall.

Three other soldiers quietly slipped over the wall next and with their full strength now, Alic waved them on, making sure he kept his hand on his sword scabbard to keep it quiet. With him, Tarfa had one of the elite King's Army's Field Tactical Units or FTUs. Small in number, the teams were the very best of the King's Army.

Tonight, they had one mission. One singular purpose that they had put their lives in extreme danger for.

Alic heeded the commands of the squad's leader as they quietly maneuvered down the steps, one soldier reaching around the corner and slicing the throat of another Sentinel standing sentry at the bottom of the steps, while his FTU partner with him covered and threw a razor sharp throwing knife into another Sentinel patrolling along one of the many courtyard yards and gardens---and yet another soldier used a bow-and-arrow set up to take down a Sentinel standing sentry over-looking the courtyard from a near-by balcony; the dead enemy soldier fell from the balcony and to the ground quietly from the balcony. Quickly Alic motioned for another soldier to help them move the bodies while one soldier stayed with him.

Soon, bodies were moved and Alic and team moved on.

They moved in the shadows, leaving sentries alive who they could slip around to keep the illusion alive that nothing was wrong---a person stumbling across multiple guard bodies would sound an alarm. But someone seeing one of two guards missing, but the bulk of the sentry force still in guard, would be less likely to sound an alarm.

Reaching the prison cells---a double blast-proof and locked cellar door leading deep into the ground; secured from the top and guarded by two Sentinels---and taking care of the guards, Alic was the last one down the cellar steps as he took one last look out and helped drag the dead bodies down under the door and close it.

Quietly making their way down the torch-lighted steps, Alic and team came upon a sleeping Confederate Soldier (not a Sentinel) at the locked gate in a chair. Slicing the guard's throat, Alic followed the team in as they gathered the keys from the guard and left a single soldier to guard their escape.

Now with 5 soldiers---3 in front and 2 behind him---Alic maneuvered with the quiet team through the Palace's dungeons, looking for their singular purpose...

TBC

18. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    IC: Evalynne Smith/Swifts

"Good." The officer pointed at the carbine Evalynne was carrying. "That going to be your primary weapon? The DC-17m Interchangeable Weapons System, or Deece. Optimum range, 45 metres; maximum range, 450 metres."

Wait, I thought she was evaluating me? Is this a test of weapons knowledge?

Loretta stepped past her and swapped out the damaged targets for five new ones.

"Alright, when you are ready, put the weapon into blaster mode, make sure it is set for 'lethal fire', rather than 'stun', then put two shots into each of those targets for me. We don't know what you are going to be up against, but with most humanoid opposition, aim for the torso, rather than head or limbs."

Regardless of the weapon, that last bit seemed to be good advice. Limbs and heads were too small of targets at a distance. That echoed advice that Jasan's father had give her.

Loretta stepped back next to Aidan. "When you are ready."

"Two shots from this E-5 carbine to each target, understood," Evalynne said. She stepped to the firing line, loaded the weapon, and steadied it the way Aidan had shown her.

Breathe. It's not like you being on the mission depends on how well you do.

Evalynne took a deep breath, let it out. "Range is hot," she called out, then began to fire, remembering to breathe.

The first two shots hit their target but weren't precise at all. One struck the target's 'head' and the other hit the torso.

Second target, two shots: both in the torso, but the grouping wasn't tight.

Third target, two shots: both in the torso, closer together.

Fourth target, two shots: Torso, slightly overlapping.

Fifth target, two shots: Torso, both in the same spot.

Evalynne unloaded the carbine and stepped back from the line. She was improving, yes, and would improve with more practice, but would it be useful in an actual battle? That remained to be known.

She looked at the Jod officer, waiting for an answer.

TAG: Sith-I-5, Tim Battershell

19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Commander Yavscout, Pilot Officer Aurora Cradmoon, Pilot Officer Mary Formal, Mobile Command Base in TIE Hangar, and turbolift, respectively

The elf had allowed Cradmoon to lay down on his bed, to power nap before they arrived at Toola.

Meanwhile, between his equipment, and his magicks, he was making himself a globe of Kopi Tea.
    He had cast Summon Drink to create a small glass globe of water, dropped in a perforated flimsi-bag of the infusion, which had turned the water orange after he had stirred it with the barrel of his S-5 blaster pistol, the metal clanking against the edge of the conjured glass.

Aurora gazed at him from her S-position on top of the white duvet. "I'm surprised Kalyani did not leave us any cups."

Yav shrugged. "No matter." He dialled down the power setting on the blaster and played the resulting energy beam over the side of the globe, taking reasonable care not to damage the table on which it rested.

Turbolift

Mary left the jedi on Deck Four, thinking over his instruction to try to bring her target down to Deck Three, where they could use the repair shop to isolate and question him.

She did not like that the jedi had mentioned that now. True, they had been been rushed, but none of the others involved knew of that plan.

[​IMG]

The lift stopped on deck CT1, surprising her with the wide, white layout beyond the sliding doors. The feeling was not unlike entering the vampire Lord Malinari's Xanadu Pleasure Dome had been. Visually impressive, but too many angles of attack, and precious little cover.

The hangar had been fairly big too, but cluttered with parked ships, but this was pristine.

The area had rounded walls in the distance, and hugely impractical stairway wound up round the edges up the vaulted ceiling overhead with its oval of square lumi panels, that was making her dizzy to look up at.
    She lowered her gaze before she fell back into the lift.

A single Kings Army soldier in the usual red-and-black fashion crisis, stood to her right, a LR-Model 2 blaster rifle tied to the back that faced to the turbolifts, and now glancing down at her, disinterestedly.

"Hi!" She greeted, putting on a smile. "Are the Organisation people still on this deck?"

"That way, Miss." He nodded to a doorway that she had missed, to her left, the white portal lost against the white walls.

"Thank you, Corporal." She had no idea whether the Jod was a corporal or not, and he made no attempt to correct her. I cannot really see how cutting the lights is going to be much help, now. She thought to herself.

Re-adjusting her pack for better comfort, she headed for the indicated doorway.

Tag: Heavy Isotope, Bardan_Jusik

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Captain Leeroy Jenkins, Tactical Officer Ruth Wilson, Light-class Destroyer, House of Vimal

The Red Space portal several miles ahead of the Light-class Destroyer, dissipated because the 450-metre pocket warship made no attempt to enter it.

On the bridge, Ruth Wilson, the Tactical Officer, joined the Captain and Commander on the command deck to peruse a floating holographic globe showing the received data from the Rush Hour's interceptors that had spied the approaching Star Destroyers and their Beast Balls.

"What are you waiting for, House of Vimal? We cannot repel firepower of that magnitude!" A transmission from the larger Jod vessel echoed over the bridge, to be roundly ignored by all the officers.

Jenkins pointed a finger at a spot behind the leading two star destroyers. "What if we red-jump in there?"

The T.O. sucked dubiously through her teeth, excentuating her default pursed lips with a flash of her perfect teeth. "We'll get some shots off for sure if we position the turrets before we jump, but we could get mullered by those following destroyers."

"Ah-ha, but that's where you're wrong!" Jenkins countered excitedly, leaning forward over his paunch, "According to Casino Lead, all four destroyers have space debris in front of themselves to let themselves get close to the station. Even if the following vessels detect us, they would have to clear the debris to get free shots in, and we are not going to be hanging around.

"Captain!" The Sensor Operator's voice called from beyond the gold-coloured balcony. "Rush Hour has launched its ARC-170s."

"How many?" The Captain called back to the out-of-sight subordinate officer.

"All of them, I think."

Twenty-four starfighters. He thought with satisfaction. That saved him launching his, which was going to be his next decision after this one. He glanced over to his commander. "What do you think?"

"If that second rank of EssDees cannot hit us," the Commander started, using the abbreviation for Star Destroyer, "then I say we go for it."

"Good man." Jenkins straightened in his command chair, hands automatically tugging the blue tunic down. "Tactical Officer, aim our dorsal and ventral heavy turbolasers aft, and stand by for my order. Helm! Turn us towards the threat, open a Red Space corridor, and drop us behind the first rank of enemy Star Destroyers."

"Yes Sir. What about Commodore Aching?" The senior Helm Officer's voice called, referring to their orders to return to the fleet to report that the attack had begun.

"She will have to wait, Lieutenant."

"Sir."

Wilson's uniform skirt flipped around her thighs as she hurried down the steps to the Main Bridge, riskily taking them two at a time, one hand on the railing, calling instructions to the Gunnery officers below.

In moments, vibrations could be felt through the deck as the ship's quartet of huge DBY-827 heavy dual turbolaser turrets began moving position in regard to his order.

The stars and a pair of speeding ARC-170s moved aside as the vessel banked hard to port, the opening red maw of a Red Space wormhole opening before them.

"Take us in."

Orbital Space

Spreading like a cloud from the larger Vigourous-class warship, the squadron of ARC-170s nosed as one in the direction that the reported star destroyers and Beast Balls were coming from, separating into four elements of six craft each, and silently opening their s-foils.
    Level with one of the leading bits of space debris

The yellow-painted Eta-2 Actis-class interceptors, Casino's Seven and Eight, emerged from the left of the left-most (facing out to the system edge) space debris, to find themselves level with an unusually stacked Star Destroyer of unknown design that they could see out of their canopies to the right.

"That armour is going to be too strong for our blasters." Seven observed as he continued past the SD.

"You think?" Eight retorted, staying with his wingman.

"Well, we cannot do anything about them. Let's continue on-mission, and check out the signal were were assigned to investigate."

"Balls!"

Seven's pilot scowled in annoyance. "Well, what's you're great plan?"

"No, Beast Balls; hanging beneath the stacked EssDee."

Seven banked his interceptor to be able to look below the ziggurat-like hull of the mystery warship, and sure enough, there was the pulsing, silver-coloured globe that were infamous from many Beast encounters. "Oh yeah." He acknowledged with a bit of a reedy voice, following it with a terse one. "Stay on target."

Tag: Intervention

21. Intervention

Oct 1, 2012
    IC: P.J. Warrant / Sergeant Major, BS-11118 "Animal"
    Forest Planet

MUSIC: Stop Children What's That Sound

Hover lead point, supported by P.J. Warrant some distance behind. Behind Warrant, a thin line of Mercs and Imperials trailed behind, all focusing on every noise and motion in the forest. Behind Warrant was the Imperial Scout Pete; behind Pete was Animal, followed up by Data Firemen carrying Totter; Taab brought up the rear, with Kid some distance behind him acting as a rear guard in light of Taab's damaged sensors.

The blaster fire had stopped some time ago and as Hover moved he, he started coming across dead brown-coat Beast bodies that were clearly out of their line of fire, so the former Rebel started to count them up as that of the unknown enemy contact. Every time he came across a Beast body, he would hold up an index finger and point in that direction. Warrant had already relayed to the Imperials the hand signals before they set out; while not standard among military ranks, it was what Data, Hover, and Warrant were use to within their small unit, even back from their Rebel Alliance days.

Hover started to realize the blaster bolts in the Beasts: they were single shots to the throats or heads at clear long ranges from a defensive position. And the shots were clearly NOT from a sniper weapon, rather best he could tell from his own favored A280 Blaster Rifle. As he walked deeper into this kill zone, he realized several Beast bodies were riddled with multiple blaster wounds, indicating either a frantic shoot-out or, considering the earlier shots, a skillful withdraw as the next grouping of Beast bodies were riddled with one kill shot.

"Whoever these boys were," Hover whispered over the shared comlink, "They're good. Wait, I hear something. Down!"

"We're getting a Stormtrooper IFF ping," Pete said, "It must be BS-11116's armor. Maybe he's alive."

"Negative," Warrant said, looking up, "Its in the trees."

"Bounty Hunter," Animal said over the comlink, "Mind taking a fly over?"

TAG Bardan_Jusik

22. Intervention

Oct 1, 2012
    OOG: So I just realized my last post from this NPC was destroyed by the boards. There's whole pieces missing. Argh. :vader:

IC: Squadron Commander Joaquin Eraid
    Deinonychus Leader,Deinonychus Squadron; FAIR Raptor-class Fighter / Interceptor, Neoteric Starfighter Corps; launching from Neoteric Battle Group Alpha

Eraid looked over the quickly developing battlefield; it appeared that the Light in front of them was putting up a fight by launching her two squadrons. Another Light seemed to cancel her Red Jump and was coming around to join the fight.

**** prideful fools! Eraid thought, bringing up the Rush Hour's service history---the Light in front of him----which showed clear service time with Shadow Command, which would of put the Light's command crew and veteran crew at the heart of the Beast home world of Arrado during those 12 month hellish deployments or at the very least along the Front Line Defense Forces, which would of exposed them to Death Spheres.

"Commander!" barked one of his pilots over the comm unit, "It's suicide for those pilots!"

"No," Eraid said, "Not with a Light, it's not. Prepare to flank the enemy. They'll jump the Light in and we'll get caught in the anti-laser batteries. We'll pick off their starfighters off by the edges, avoid the enemy anti-laser fire."

"Sir," spoke one of his pilots as the squadron still flew in formation, "That's suicide! No Captain is crazy enough for that maneuver! We can make the escort!"

"No," Eraid said, "We're not. By the time our destroyers get a clear shot, the Light will be gone. And assuming we survive that attack, we'll have another Light in support and we'll be caught in the follow up rear defense fire. Redeploy to the flanks, that's an order. Break, Command."

"Command. Go ahead Deinonychus Squadron."

"Command, scramble squadrons on alert status. We'll need their support."

"Deinonychus Leader, Tactical advises threat to be minimal."

"**** Tactical! Give me my support, Command. You know my weight with those above you and I can make your life hell!"

Eraid switched back to his squadron comm, "We'll let the cannon fodder get shot to **** and we'll use them as cover as we pick apart those Jod fighters. I enjoy my paychecks too much."

With that, Deinonychus Squadron broke off into two wings of 6 fighters each, aiming to flank the enemy formation as 4 squadrons of Neoteric TIE Fighters (one squadron from each star destroyer) started filling the void of space behind the elite squadron and in front of the destroyers.

TAG Sith-I-5

23. Intervention

Oct 1, 2012

"Blast shields!" the Commander barked, the darkness of space being filled with an intensity of laser fire to their starboard at several flaming objects came flying their way from the Gladiator II-class Star Destroyer to their starboard.

"Emergency roll to port!" Stakes ordered next, "Everyone, hang on! Keep heavy fire on that Gladiator II! Force her off path!"

"Get those hanger blast doors closed immediately!" the Commander said next, both him and the Captain strapping into their seats.

Suddenly Stakes found himself grabbing onto his Captain's chair as the Allegiance rolled to port. Somethings were not tied down or people not ready and Stakes went to reach out his hand as a crew member went flying from across the way. Grabbing the woman, Stakes felt the jerk in his arm as he held onto the crew member and concluded that most likely he had just tore a tendon or muscle in his left arm. Despite the main, he held his grip. "Hold on!"

The Commodore could hear the winning of the engines as the emergency maneuver put them under great strain, also the straining noise on the Battleship's frame could be heard throughout. Alarms blared at the emergency move.

Then he felt the shock wave as the quad laser cannons and turbolasers had done their job, but also the impacts of several missiles against the shields and even the hull. It was this violent shaking that caused the crew member to loose her grip and not able to twist around in his seat fast enough to use his other arm, Stakes watched helplessly as the woman fell---screaming---to the far side of the bridge. Her cry was cut short suddenly with a break in her fall. For a moment, Stakes looked at her face, frozen in horror and her eyes wide open, as blood started to pool from the back of her head along the wall. Several crew members looked between her and where she had fallen.

"Damage report!" the Commander issued.

"40% of the missiles destroyed, Commander!" came in a report, "Another 30% taken by the shields. The rest were weakened by the shields and impacted the hull. But no hull breaches!"

"Roll us back over! Open the blast shields!" Stakes said, "Sensors, report!"

"The Gladiator is moving off, Commodore!" came in a voice.

"She could be trying to flank us!" came in Tactical's voice.

The Commodore grunted in sharp pain as the ship rolled back to port, the blast shields open now, as he tried to carefully bring his injured arm to rest against his torso.

"Medic!" the Commander barked, see the Commodore's pain.

"No waste the man," Stakes replied, suddenly feeling the Allegiance shake with new impacts.

"Imperial Star Destroyer!" barked sensors, "She's moving in for the attack!"

"Perfect timing," Stakes grunted.

"Without her starfighters, she's vulnerable," the Commander spoke, noting the fact that earlier sensor reports had identified most of the Imperial starfighters destroyed in the surprise attack.

"That trick will never work again," Stakes replied to the Commander, noting the enemy starfighters, "Launch our starfighters and gunships. I want that Gladiator off of us and we need a rear and flank guard if that ImpStar try to flank us at top speed---keep a squadron in rear guard. Have three squadrons hunt down the remaining Imperial starfighters. Keep an additional squadron in direct escort with us. The rest on alert status in the hanger bay to launch at a moment's notice."

"Aye, Commodore."

As the Commander went about his orders, Stakes said, "Gunnery, keep batteries tracking that Gladiator. All other available weaponry, focus on that Star Destroyer! Everything you got! Helm, stop course! We don't want to be trapped by that gravity well. All mass driver cannons, switch to projectile shot and engage that Star Destroyer!"

"Commodore, that Star Destroyer could ram us at flank speed," the Commander issued quietly.

"I know," Stakes replied, warding off a team of 2 medics who had shown up, "But if we continue our course, we risk getting slowed down or trapped by that planet's gravity well if we try to adjust course back around. Then, we'll have that Star Destroyer and Gladiator to our rear. I'd rather use our weaponry here and now, verses risk running with less weaponry in the rear."

TBC

Tim Battershell and Sith-I-5 like this.
  24. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Beskaryc Taab
    Forest Planet

The rain had stopped for now, but water still dripped off the leaves and the mud still clung to their boots as the combined squad moved through the forest. They were all soaked, something that probably didn't bother Taab and the armored stormtroopers as much as it did the more lightly clad Mercs. They would be feeling damp and cold through their rain soaked clothes, Taab knew that all too well. They were seasoned veterans though and knew how to "embrace the suck", at least none of them were complaining.

Taab considered the squad for a moment, surprised at how quickly they had managed to integrate. Professionals had a way of doing that of course, but these were professionals who had trained for years to kill one another. As a man who had fought for both sides (though never, well rarely at the same time) during the Clone War, Taab knew just how difficult that could be. Of course, he had given the kill order to the Mercs, an order to eliminate the Imps if circumstances allowed, but that chance hadn't arisen yet. As the squad moved further through the damp woods, Taab began to reassess that decision.

His contract from the Kingdom of Jod, the one that put him here with the Mercs to begin with was obviously at an end. Regardless of whether one considered the protection service or the kill order to take precedence, both were now clearly moot, and in both Taab had clearly failed.

Of course, the way Taab saw it, his contract with the Mercs was also at an end. He signed on to serve under Lasso. With the Captain no longer in command, that contract too was null and void now should Taab wish to push the issue. He could consider himself a free agent, and thus eliminate Hover, Warrant and Data. Throwing his buy'ce (helmet) in with the Imperials so to speak. Considering the recent job opportunities forwarded to him earlier by his wife, that might not be such a bad idea.

Taab started whistling to himself before becoming aware of it and stopping. That was a no go, at least for now. He had other aiwha to fry. Atin was still back with the Mercs, and though Taab was confident his son could break free of them rather quickly if ordered to, he was equally sure that the lad wouldn't want to just yet. shab, the kid was getting attached to them. Another lesson that he needed to learn, you don't get attached to your employer. Taab would have to go back to try to convince him to leave, and that meant sticking it out with the Mercs here. For now.

He would be leaving though, of that there was no doubt. His family, his clan, was being threatened and Taab was of the mind that the best defense was a good offense. He would go out and find those that would do his family harm, and if he found them and proved unable to stop them? Certainly a possibility given his recent showing against Fett, well then at least he would die with honor, and give his family a smaller target list to take down themselves. First though came the task of getting off this rock, no matter who it was with.

He shook his head. The pain from his shoulder was affecting him, making him daydream about other things. He needed to keep his mind in the present. The corpses of the Beasts they encountered were telling. One shot kill shots through the cranium followed by more hectic fire, followed up again by more bodies downed via head shots. The story was pretty clear. Taab paused to examine one body during a break and figured the shots came from a standard blaster rifle, perhaps an A-280. Captain Lasso had carried an A-280, Taab had worked on it not long ago. These shots wouldn't have been from him though, he was dead and Taab had left his body (and equipment) behind. He was carrying a heavy enough burden as it was. The group moved on.

"Whoever these boys were," Hover whispered over the shared comlink, "They're good." Taab didn;t disagree. "Wait, I hear something. Down!"

Towards the rear of the formation Taab immediately halted and went to a knee, scanning the forest around them with his carbine up at the high ready.

"We're getting a Stormtrooper IFF ping," Pete said, "It must be BS-11116's armor. Maybe he's alive." Wouldn't that be wonderful? More Stormies. Taab didn't like the idea of adding more Imperials to the mix, the Mercs situation was bad enough as it was. He might have to give that kill order sooner than he had hoped after all.

"Negative," Warrant reported, looking up, "Its in the trees." Taab spared a glance, looking up where the Merc had indicated.

"Bounty Hunter," Animal said over the comlink, "Mind taking a fly over?".

Taab consider that for a moment. He didn't like the idea of making an easy target of himself up there. His armor ought to protect him for a hit or two though, long enough for the Mercs to come to his aid should the Imps here betray them (as he was planning to betray the Imps anyway). Besides, flying up there and getting a look see would enable him to control the "discovery" of whatever or whoever it was. If it was this BS-11116, well Taab could kill him quickly and silently and inform his comrades that he was dead when found. The Stormie wasn't communicating with them, so they should be none the wiser. If it wasn't the whitehsells little lost nerf, well then Taab would be the first to find out who or what it was and could go from there. What was important is that he controlled the information being disseminated to the Imps. It was a minor advantage, but right now it was the only one he had.

The Mandalorian came off of his knee, the mud sucking at him as he did so. Taab didn't mind the grit and the mud, but it could wreak havoc with his already compromised armor. He wiped the mud away from where it had stuck over his knee dart launcher as he came forward, looking again to where Warrant had indicated. "Yeah," he said quietly over the comm circuit. "I got this." Then ensuring that his own men were safely away from the back blast he shot off again into the sky.

TAG: Bravo

IC: Atin Taab
    Hanger Bay, Delicate Delinquent

"Remember that Pilot Officer Formal requested only the lights be affected. Comm me only if you can shut off the lights on Deck Eight." The droid paused, but Atin was grateful for the reminder. He knew he had a tendency to overdo things sometimes, and was already thinking about cutting all power to CT-1. "Right, lights only." Wait, did Dak say... "Sorry, deck CT-1. Shutting off the lights on Eight won't help anyone." The droid corrected himself. Good thing too, because at that point Atin might have felt the need to just cut power to the whole command tower along with deck 8 just to be sure. "We will co-opt the Merc code, We can go dark for this, as I feel it is best to assume that the Organisation are monitoring everyone's comms. We do not want to spook them."

Atin nodded his armored head in agreement. "Roger that," subconsciously sounding like his father. The droid moved off, though Atin had to wonder what he meant by his last statement. The Mandalorian shrugged, Dak would comm them if the plan changed. He turned to Edge. "C'mon let's go," and he led her out of the hanger bay following the "hot" conduit as he saw it on his HUD.

TAG: Sith-I-5, Heavy Isotope

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Pilot Officer Mary Formal, Corporal Loretta, Organisation trio (npcs), Decks CT1 and Deck Three Shooting Range, respectfully

The female Merc steeled herself as she went to open the indicated door, pushing her free hand forward to hit the wall panel when she found her entire leading arm suddenly could not move!

"What the hell?" She muttered, staring down at her rebellious limb.

Her comlink chirped.

Well, her other hand was weighed down with the bag containing her guano, but to her surprise, her trapped hand was suddenly freed enough to pluck her C-1 comlink from the front of her STANG vest, and raise it to her lips. "Formal."

"Knight Johmer here. Sorry about that."

"Sorry about what?"

"I used the Force to stop your arm."

The Arcateenian frowned into the comlink. "What, from-" Her lips moved as she calculated the floors between Deck Four and- "eight floors away?"

"Twelve floors. I'm on Deck Three."

Okay, so I can't count for rhylcate. So sue me. She thought with a sigh, "What can I do for you?"

"It has occurred to me that they might take more notice of you if you use Old Corellian on them."

"It occurs to me that I don't know any old Corellians."

"Greet them with the word 'Ol'val'. They will at least give you the time of day."

"Olval. Not rude, is it?"

"No, it means 'hello' or 'goodbye'."

"Okay-dokey, then. Olval." She clicked off the comlink and pushed her way through the swing door. Wow, how long since I've encountered one of those? She thought, then upon seeing two of the three Organisation abos several metres ahead, plastered on a fake smile and strode right up to them. "Orval! Boy, and I glad to see you guys!"

Tag: Intervention (only if you want to respond)

Shooting Range, Deck Three

"Two shots from this E-5 carbine to each target, understood," Evalynne said, checking her instructions. She stepped to the firing line, loaded the weapon, and made a not bad approximation of steadying her weapon, and Loretta noted the Merc trying to control her breathing.

Good girl.

Pilot Officer Smith took a deep breath, let it out. "Range is hot," she called out, then opened fire.

The first two shots hit their target but weren't precise at all. One struck the target's 'head' and the other hit the torso.

Loretta, her hands gravitated to her hips, whistled appreciatively at the rapidly improving double taps that this young girl was making, culminating in a pair of shots puncturing the final target's torso.

With a momentary harsh smile, she imagined the surprised look on the face of the Beast that that target represented, just before it toppled over.

She re-focussed and looked to Evalynne as the girl ejected her gun's energy clip, and stepped back from the lane's firing spot.

"Not bad, not bad." Loretta gazed at Smith steadily. "Are you sure you are new at this? From the way your targeting improved so rapidly, you are coming across as a trained individual who is perhaps a little rusty, rather than a pure novice." She glanced up at Aidan. "You said you wanted to evaluate me." She pointed at Smith. "Was that part of it? Some sort of Merc prank to see if I could spot if one of your pros was faking ignorance?"

Tag: Laine_Snowtrekker, Tim Battershell

IC: Block crew, Dak, Dining Area, Deck Three

Two beings entered the dining area, a slim, pretty, redhead human female, clad in the dark blue semi-armour of Jod Go Team vacsuit, with gold-metal over her pert chest, shoulders, elbows, and other joints.
    She was talking into a comlink, and sat at an empty trestle table, two tables away from Uriel, to his left.

Her companion was shorter than her, a grey-skinned, almost reptilian biped with thick arms arms and legs, wearing only a massive version of the yellow-sleeved white t-shirt that some of the crew wore.

This being padded on clawed feet over to the food counter, pausing to look back at the redhead, enquiring twith a gutteral but perfectly intelligible growl. "Mal'ary'ush', do you want anything."

The woman paused in her conversation, to look up. "I'm not your bleeding Malaroosh, as you well know by now." She hissed, not unkindly. "Just get for yourself."

"Where is that serving droid?" The toothy snouted alien huffed in annoyance, the turned and pointed an index claw across the room at Uriel. "I'm sure it came straight out for him!"

"Now don't be rude. I'm sure the droid isn't differentiating between humans and other races. That is just crazy talk." Something reminded the seated woman that she had an open comlink in her hand, for her eyes flicked sideways to it in her hand. "Sorry, Lieutenant. Forgot all about you."

Behind her, the familiar shape of Dak filled the doorway, its photoreceptors scanning the room, looking for Uriel.

Tag: Uriel Manteroni