main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Interviews with Authors version 4.0 - interview with JediMara77!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by FFAuthorInterviews, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FFAuthorInterviews

FFAuthorInterviews Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2006
    Thanks so much to Knight-Dilettante for running this thread for so long!!

If you have author suggestions or would like to be an interviewer, please PM the sock or Ceillean.

Below is a list of authors whose interviews have been completed and are just waiting to be put up, a list of authors who have been interviewed in this thread, and a list of authors who have been interested in previous threads. Please check these lists before you send in suggestions. All new suggestions will be given top priority over authors who I've picked out.

When you suggest an author, please let me know if you're willing to do the interview or would prefer that someone else do it. If you want to sign up to just interview whoever you're assigned to, please do so!!

~*~*~*~

First off, we all owe a debt of gratitude to solojones for running Version 3.0 of the Author Interview thread. Let's give her a standing ovation for all that hard work. =D=

And now, on to version 4.0 of the thread. Our first interview is now up. Please do continue to PM in any suggestions for authors to interview and/or offers to conduct interviews. If you suggest authors for interviewing, please let me know if you'd be willing to do the interview yourself or not. No pressure either way, I'd just like to know. Anyone who'd like to volunteer to conduct interviews is welcome, let me know if you're volunteering for a specific author's interview or in general and whether you'd be willing to do one, two or ten, etc. And if there are any suggestions in general for ideas in the interviewing authors area please suggest them by PM to this sock.

And finally, here is the list of already interviewed authors in one thread or another (please check here before suggesting an author to be interviewed) with links to their interview (further gratitude is due from me to solojones since I stole every listing for the previous threads from the first post of the Version 3.0 thread that she did - I get no credit for this work - it was all solojones)

Coming Soon!

Author Interviews in this Thread:

LuvEwan interviewed by Knight_Dilettante
    Princess_Arulmozhi interviewed by Dianethx
    YodaKenobi interviewed by Tahi
    maychorian interviewed by Dianethx
    Souderwan interviewed by Art_Of_War
    DarthIshtar interviewed by NYCitygurl
    Knight_Aragorn interviewed by dianethx
    oqidaun interviewed by LLL and VaderLVR64
    TKeira_Lea interviewed by Souderwan
    JediNemesis interviewed by NYCitygurl
    corellian_ale interviewed by JTurtle
    Layren interviewed by NYCitygurl
    Gina interviewed by VaderLVR64
    Charmisjess interviewed by NYCitygurl
    The_Face interviewed by Luton_Plunder
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fi

2. FFAuthorInterviews

Apr 19, 2006
    A huge thank you to all those who have sent in suggestions of authors to interview. An even bigger thank you to those who have volunteered to conduct interviews of other authors. Please keep those suggestions and offers coming in!

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Looking very nice here!

=D= =D= to solojones for all her hard work with the last version. May this one be as sucessful. [face_dancing]

4. FFAuthorInterviews

Apr 19, 2006
    Our first interview for this thread is with the lovely and talented LuvEwan. This interview, done by myself, Knight_Dilettante, is way way overdue solely because of my life issues, so my apologies for that. However, I think you'll find it is well worth the wait to learn what makes this clever author tick.

We almost lost the chance of new works from her when the very talented LuvEwan took some time away from writing fanfic last year. But she's back and just as talented as ever. Last month marked her 4th year on these boards. Those who've visited Resource, particularly the Obi-Wan character discussion thread, or perused the stories on the Saga, Before, and Classic story boards are no doubt familiar with her work. But I think there's surprises in here for all of us! Prepare to be shocked, and amazed. Kind of like when you read her work. Only without as much angst and heartbreak. ;) I mean, who knew she was a huge Sean Connery fan?

1. Could you share some background information about yourself with us?

I?m female. I like to write, that?s basically what I do with my free time. I also like to sketch, but that comes and goes. My favorite film is Brokeback Mountain, followed close behind by anything that features a certain Scottish actor; you can guess which one. I love The Beatles, Norah Jones, Jack Johnson, Rufus Wainwright and Billy Joel. I?ve watched The Simpsons since I was very little, no other show compares to it for me, although Roseanne, Will & Grace and Arrested Development are high on the list. I don?t have any idea where my life is going career-wise, but I try not to think about that.

2. When did you first get into Star Wars?

I always hated Star Wars. When The Phantom Menace was coming out, there was an issue of Entertainment Weekly with Ewan as Obi-Wan on the cover and I threw it out (I actually thought he was Luke Skwalker). Then, the Saturday after it premiered, I was at a department store when I saw this huge poster of Obi-Wan. I bought the shirt displayed underneath it, went to the theater, and the rest is incredibly nerdy history. So Ewan?s face is what initially interested me about the whole thing. You could say it?s a constant inspiration. :p

3. And what about fanfiction? When did you first start writing it and what drew you to it?

I can?t remember exactly when I found out about fanfiction. I was playing on a computer at my mom?s work and found a story about young Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. I printed it out and read it and was in total awe that I was reading something more about these characters I loved. I found the stories on the web so much more satisfying than the junior novels written in the same time period (pre-TPM), and there were just so many of them. I thought it was great.

4. What has influenced your writing style the most?

I think, in ?pro-fic?, my life changed when I read All the King?s Men by Robert Penn Warren. I loved the way he injected meaning into everything, the connections he made, the vividness of the characters. That book made me realize that there was more to a story than what was printed on the page. I try to remember that when I start writing something. In fanfic, I?ve encountered some writers who remind me that there are countless aspects of writing a character, a scene, a plot. Authors like CYNICAL_21, dianethx, maychorian and Princess_Arulmozhi. I think reading their work makes me want to write my own, in hopes that I can tell a story half as well as they?re telling theirs.

5. You write a lot of vignettes. Is that because you prefer the short form or because your stories are so heart-breaking at times that that's all the angst you can handle at a time? Or because you know it is all the angst your readers can handle at a time?

Writing vignettes is a solution for my lack of commitment. I like reading and writing long stories, but after awhile I think I lose grasp of my ideas, and my head gets crowde

5. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    That was a wonderful interview, LE and KD. I especially loved the part where about where you (LE) hated SW (I'm glad it wasn't permanent, and that that face drew you in. :D ). I've often been awed at your sheer ability to produce lyrical prose, and your talent to bring a story to life. Obi-Wan, especially. 'A Change of Plans' is one of my all-time favourites. I remember gaping at the screen with every post, thinking, "How does she do it?"

About the mention - I am truly, deeply honoured. [face_blush]

I wish you'd write tons of fics. I expect that's a bit greedy - but you've got me addicted. :D

6. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Great interview! It was sweet of you to mention me, LE, [face_hug] but it felt a bit backwards. :D You influence me more than you'll probably ever know. It was because of your writing, among others', that I felt compelled to stop reading fanfic and start writing. Thank you so much! I enjoyed learning more about you.

7. JediMindTrick000

JediMindTrick000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2004
    Wow, that was a fantastic interview! I found it entertaining and informative. It is great to know a little bit more about the great authors we have here. I think it allows you to connect with their stories just a little better. And it's just fun to read. I look forward to more interviews here!

And great advice: Write what you want to write.

Words to live and write by.

8. ShadowofLures

ShadowofLures Jedi Master star 3

Jul 13, 2005

cool!

hey, do you think the Creche could recommend this to Paddy's who are master-researching?

just a thought, :)

-SoL @};-

9. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Wow! You're one of the authors who got me addicted to fan fic, LE. It's hard to believe you've been spoiling us with your lovely fic for four years already.

Great interview, KD . =D=

10. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Wow, wonderful interview LE!

11. Alyss_Heart

Alyss_Heart Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2006
    Interesting read! Thank you for sharing.

12. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    One of my favorite writers! [face_love] You've moved me to tears and laughter about a million times, and all in the very best way! =D= You're truly one of the great talents on this board. [:D]

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Must second VaderLVR. LE's fic are always touching and moving in some way. This is the main reason I love fanfic so. So full of emition.

It's great to get a chance to know more one a wonderful author. Thanks for sharing LE. [:D]

14. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I always love your work[face_love] , LE, the lyrical phrasing, the way you wring out such emotion. I think my heart has died a dozen times or more just from your stories.:_| Just keep writing. Please!

Thanks for the mention. [face_blush] That was quite lovely of you to say.

Great interview!

15. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Yayness! More interviews! :) I'm glad LE was finally interviewed; it was needing to happen for a while. KD, you did a great job.

Well done.

-Krystal

16. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    That was great KD! I loved it. It's very inspirational to see into another writers head.

What a great way to get to know authors you only knew by name & reputation before.

=D=

17. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    LE (or should I call you Elley? :p ), I laughed, I cried, and I harbored envy at this answer:

I don?t spend a lot of time preparing anything. The actual storyline, the bare bones of it, will pop up when I?m doing something boring like driving or laying in bed at night. The description comes as I write. I don?t intend for it to be any certain way, most of the time. If it?s meant to be especially dark or light-hearted, then I?ll keep that in mind, but otherwise I just go with it.

Ohhh, I hate you. [face_laugh]

18. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    How wonderful to see this back up and running again! :D [face_love]

I re-read some of the older interviews linked. Talk about a trip down memory lane. *nostalgia*

Great first interview to start off the new edition. :)

19. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    This is such a fun idea, a great way to get to know other authors, okay so I?m little behind on that, but hey, I?m new, don?t be mad.

You know what, I?m going to sit down, and start read through the other interviews.

20. FFAuthorInterviews

Apr 19, 2006
    Just a reminder, please continue to send in suggestions for authors to interview. And also to volunteer to conduct interviews if anyone is interested in doing that. It's a great way to learn about your fellow authors.

And just as a heads up, we have a few interviews divied out now and at least one already out to the author, so with luck I will soon be able to add a "Coming Soon" section to the first post.

KD

21. FFAuthorInterviews

Apr 19, 2006
    Coming soon an interview with the brilliant Princess_Arulmozhi by Dianethx!

Other coming attractions (order and timing to be determined) include interviews with:

Exeter
    Maychorian
    oqidaun
    souderwan
    TKeira_Lea
    Inara
    Rose_Skywalker
    YodaKenobi

And again, please do keep making suggestions for authors to interview and offers to do interviews. The more the merrier!

KD

22. FFAuthorInterviews

Apr 19, 2006
    Our deepest thanks to the lovely and talented Dianethx for conducting the following interview. =D= Thanks Diane, you came up with wonderful questions! The answers are fascinating too! And now, the interview:

[b]Princess_Arulmozhi[/b] has been posting her stories on the boards for about a year and a half now. A wonderful writer of lyrical style and intriguing plots, she has the ability to craft a story so that it stays with you long after you've finished reading it. While she tends to write mostly Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon stories, the blend of OCs, alternate universes and character development is always a treat. Her stories can usually be found on the Before the Saga and Saga Boards.

1. [i]Could you share some background information about yourself with us? [/i]

The name's Arulmozhi (not my real name - and it definitely isn't pronounced the way you're pronouncing it. [face_happy] But my middle name's Padma.) My username's derived from one of the greatest Kings of our region - our region being Tamil Nadu, the southernmost state of India. I live in the state's capital, Chennai. I'm a commerce graduate, but my tastes run towards reading, writing and fine arts - it's always been that way. I work as a Fiction-editor (translations) in a publishing concern. I'm also a freelance writer and translator. I began my first translation project three years ago, a four volume project, and the first book is scheduled for publication sometime this year. (Yes, I'm still on cloud nine about that.) I write stories for kids, and I've published about 30, so far. And fifteen other odd articles and poems.

I'm also a history buff. I and a group of people I met on the net loosely connected ourselves with a research team, and went around temples, trying to read inscriptions. Poking around 1000 year old temples, trying to decipher long forgotten scripts is... certainly a different experience. [face_grin]

I love needle-work, too. And painting.

Whoa, that's a lot of background info.

2. [i]When and how did you first become a Star Wars fan? [/i]

Pretty recently, considering. There aren't many Star Wars fans around here (Why're they fighting with torch-lights?!) - so I'm pretty much on my own. I practically stumbled upon the original trilogy movies when I was watching some program on cable, three years ago - and that was when I was hooked. The first thing that attracted me was the concept of 'Jedi', of course. [face_grin] They mirrored our own ancient warrior clans so much, and Jedi philosophy contained bits and pieces of tenets I'd been used to hearing a lot. And then I got interested in the saga (ROTJ is my favourite, in the OT) ... but I think it was the PT that really made me explore SW beyond the movies. Suddenly I was interested in this Coruscant and the Temple and what those people with long light-blades did, and I began to google what I could about them. Unfortunately, I had no access to the EU, or any SW books - the libraries I go to don't stock them much, they belong to a niche audience. And that's how it was. Until I discovered fanfiction.

3. [i]What about fanfiction? When did you first start writing it and what drew you to it? [/i]

The need to know more about SW. I'd found some fanfiction on various sites (even the term fanfiction was new to me - I found these stories on established characters a bit strange in the beginning, but the idea appealed to me.) - but they were mostly Luke/Mara/Callista stuff, and not all of it was well-written. I gave it up for a while, and began to search around for stuff on the PT. And that's when I found the Fanfic Archives. Jane Jinn's 'Jedi Go Home' was the first full story I read, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that this story actually was all about Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan! After that, I devoured as many PT stories I could find ... but there weren't many. Then there was that link which says, "Discuss this story on the boards," or something. I clicked on it, and there I was. [face_happy]

I browsed for about three months - I'd no idea of writing anything, at

23. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Excellent and interesting interview.

24. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    That was a wonderful, in depth interview. =D= I learned so much about you, P_A, and if possible, admire your work even more. I really loved reading more about you and what makes your stories so intriguing and beautiful. ;) Your work always makes me see things differently, and so did this interview.

Great questions, diane. :)

25. FanakinSolo

FanakinSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2006
    Yes, great answers and questions! I can almost see myself twisting those answers if I ever get interviwed. [face_cow]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.