main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Interviews with Authors version 4.0 - interview with JediMara77!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by FFAuthorInterviews, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    That's a great interview, there. It's great to gain insight into one of my favorite authors, and great to see the interviews going again.

2. Luton_Plunder

Luton_Plunder Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 15, 2006
    Great work, interviewer and interviewee :D

These are just brilliant - getting a glimpse at how the authors around here operate. Invaluable advice from those that have been there and wonderfully interesting anecdotes =D=

3. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    That is a great interview. I do find it surprising that Ish has been passed over for so long, though. [face_thinking] Glad to see that's been fixed.

One of these days I'll catch up on Lest Ye Be Judged . . .

4. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Nice interview! Great questions. :D

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Thanks to NYCityGurl for doing such a cool interview for me. :) I'm thrilled to finally have been interviewed.

6. 1Yodimus_Prime

1Yodimus_Prime Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2004
    These are some great interviews here! Both of the most recent - Ish's and Souderwan's - were incredibly informative and inlightening. Some well-contructed work here...and the talent! Whew! You don't realize just how amazingly awesome some of these authors are until their brains are picked.

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Very nice interview.

8. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    What an interesting interview. I learned a bit more about a writer I admire and enjoy reading!
    Thanks so much.

9. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm glad I got a chance to interview you, Ish :) It was very informative and interesting :)

10. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Interesting interview. Nicely done. :)

11. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Wow! This thread is interesting! :D
    I love reading all the interviews.
    Great job with DarthIshtar! =D=

C @};- S

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Thanks to all for the nice comments.

13. FFAuthorInterviews

FFAuthorInterviews Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2006
    Thank you so much, dianethx, for this interview [:D]

Knight_Aragorn has been on the fanfiction boards for three years, mostly on the Beyond forum, although she does occasionally dip into Saga. Her stories are always beautifully written in a sleek, clean style that manages to evoke strong emotional images. Her longer stories, full of intricate, captivating plots, beg to be read more than once. No matter where she posts, it's always a treat.

~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Could you share some background information about yourself with us?

There?s really not all that much to tell, but sure. I work as a customer service officer in local government and study part-time at university, majoring in English Lit and History. I?m Australian and live in Queensland, for anyone who?s familiar with locations down-under. I absolutely love to read and will read just about anything, but I?m especially drawn to sci-fi and fantasy. I have two younger brothers and a younger sister but I don?t live at home; I?m working on turning my flatmate into a Star Wars fan; and we have a cat that?s kind of our foster pet, because he visits quite a lot but isn?t technically ours. Oh, and I love to write (obviously). I think that?s about it.

2. When and how did you first become a Star Wars fan?

Seems like it?s been forever, but my dad actually introduced me and my brother to the original trilogy when I was about eleven or twelve. He?s been a fan since he was in his twenties but up to that point I?d never really been interested ? that time, however, I was bored enough to sit and watch the movie, and ever since I?ve been hooked. I read whatever EU books I could get my hands on; I think the first one was Darksaber and the second was Truce at Bakura, so I ended up being a little lost in terms of the EU timeline for a while. :p

3. And what about fanfiction? When did you first start writing it and what drew you to it?

Well, I first came across fanfiction by accident, probably around 1998 or 1999, but I spent a long time lurking ? mostly because I didn?t really have regular access to the Internet at that point, but also because I was too nervous to post. I didn?t start doing replies until about 03/04, and posted my first story in October 2004. I got a very warm welcome, and wondered what had taken me so long to get around to posting.

I guess the thing that I like most about fanfiction is the way that it allows you to really get into a character?s head and examine the things that drive them. To me, that?s what fanfiction is really about, whether it?s canon or AU, mush or angst. The stories I most enjoy writing are ones that explore something about a character that I haven?t really touched on before.

4. What or who has influenced your writing style the most?

Hm, now that is an interesting question. To be honest, I?ve read so much that I don?t know if I can pinpoint one particular author whose style has influenced the way that I write ? not that I?m aware of, at any rate. I find that sometimes the books I?m reading at the moment can creep into a story that I?m writing, but I try to limit that if I pick up on it.

Having said that, though, I admire the writing styles of a few writers, such as Lois McMaster Bujold and Terry Pratchett, and if I can learn a bit from the way they write I?d be happy.

5. You have a lovely clean style that just seems to flow beautifully. Do you have to struggle to get it the way you want it or is it easy to do? How do you approach writing a story? High anxiety or calm determination?

Well, thank you. ;) That?s a tricky question, because the degree of difficulty really depends on my mood and the scene and so on and so on? Usually if I?m having a lot of difficulty writing a scene, it means that there?s something wrong ? maybe the characterization of the characters in it, maybe the dialogue, or whatever. So if I?m not getting anywhere, I?ll usually review the scene or story and probably start it over to see if I can

14. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    That was a great interview on part of both Knight_Aragorn. The questions were thought out and perceptive, giving greater insight into the author.

Great job, both of you!@};-

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Very interesting and insightful. Great to see this done!

16. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I, too, would like to see those stories slowly growing on her hard drive. [face_praying] Wonderful interview! It's great to see the mind behind such beautiful writing. :D

17. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Eee, Katherine! So great to see you interviewed! [:D] And great questions and a well-conducted interview, Diane. :D

The stories I enjoy writing the most are usually the ones end up being pretty boring ? the really introspective, character-heavy reflection-type vignettes.

Those aren't boring! Those are my very favorites. You should write some more of them. :p Hope time lets up for you soon so we can see some more from you. [:D]

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    So wonderful to see one of my favorite authors interveiwed! [face_dancing] And I can say without any doubt that I've never read a single work of yours that's boring! ;)

Lovely interview and kudos both to author and interviwer! :D

=D=

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Fantab interview!!! [face_dancing]
    One of the very bestest authors!! :)
    Odd Kind of Honeymoon is canon for me. :D
    And I can't WAIT for a short story!!!!!! [face_dancing]
    SQUEE!!!!!!

20. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    [face_blush] Finally read all the interviews here. Funny and enlightening!

It's great to learn from others' perspectives on writing fanfic.

oldj

21. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Really excellent interview. I just love reading these! They really are a nice treat and it's awesome learning more about everyone :D

22. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Wow, the interviews are still going! This is really good to learn since they are such a good thing... mind you, I can barely remember mine it was so long ago... Man I feel old now..

23. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I loved interviewing Knight_Aragorn. Asking questions of one of my favorite writers was certainly a treat. Glad everyone enjoyed it. I just hope she keeps writing stories!

24. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    This is such a great interview!! I really want to read her stories now :D

25. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    Wonderful interviews ya'll! Such great insights from everyone. :D

Cheers,
    Wyo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.