main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Into the Darkness (working title) - H/L/ L/V ESB AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by No_Fear, Oct 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No_Fear

No_Fear Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2003
    This is my first story, and I'm posting it under a sock because I'm a big coward (yeah, I didn't realise the irony of the username until later). Oh, and if you know or have guessed who I am, please keep it to yourself. The whole point of this sock is that I'm anonymous. ;) So... um... posting schedule. There is none. Although I have a good idea of where this story is going, I'm writing it as I go, so posts will come as I finish them. Please read and reveiw!. :)

Vader watched the princess with icy detachment as Solo and the stormtroopers struggled to bring the Wookiee under control. She regarded him warily, feeling nameless foreboding in his presence but refusing to turn away or acknowledge her fear. Her defiance did not fool Vader into believing her unafraid, but he had to admit, she was strong. Not many would be able to maintain such control while in his power, especially not among those unfortunate enough - or unwise enough - to be his enemies.

The princess turned her attention back to the smuggler and the Wookiee, but Vader could feel her emotions clearly through the Force. She was definitely force sensitive, probably with a lot of potential power, and at the moment she was experiencing fear, exhaustion, the ever-present determination, and love. Love! Vader recoiled from the very idea of the Princess being in love with the lowlife smuggler. It was something he?d never even considered, and he would scarcely have believed it if it wasn?t for the scene unfolding before him now. Solo leaned down to kissed Princess Leia on the lips and she returned the kiss passionately. Vader was boiling with anger. What could Solo have possibly done to deserve the love of a princess? How dared she stoop so low as to consort with the likes of him?

An image sprang unbidden into Vader?s mind ? another time ? another woman in white ? a Queen. Vader squashed the image, burying it under layers of fierce anger. That was past ? a part of his old life. He was Vader, now.

?I love you.? The princess?s words echoed throughout the room, above the hissing and clanging of the machinery. Vader barely heard Solo?s reply as his mind took him to another place, another time?

[i]?I love you.?

Anakin turned to face Padmé and replied almost incredulously. ?You love me?? It was half a statement, half a question. He continued breathlessly. ?I thought that we had decided not to fall in love. That we would be forced to live a lie, and that it would destroy our lives.?

Anakin mentally berated himself for his response, but his attention snapped back to Padmé as she leaned towards him a little. ?I think our lives are about to be destroyed anyway?. She paused for a moment and then spoke in a voice barely above a whisper. ?I truly, deeply, love you. Before we die I want you to know?.

They moved closer, as if drawn together by fate and then ?[/i]

No! Mentally Vader cried out in protest at the direction his thoughts were taking. He blocked out his mental image of [i]her[/i] and forced himself to focus on the matters at hand.

He surveyed the scene with clinical detachment, taking in the Ugnaughts bustling around the machinery, the stormtroopers standing stiffly to attention and Boba Fett the bounty hunter, wary as ever, cradling his blaster. The wookie was resting his giant paws on Princess Leia?s shoulder, and she was clutching them convulsively, burying her fingers in his fur.

The princess looked young, and small, and fragile. How old was she, anyway? Twenty-one? Twenty-two? Too young to have suffered all she had. Vader squashed a pang of something akin to emotion. Sith didn?t have emotions, apart from the ever-present anger and hatred constantly simmering below the surface. Vader had been like that before ? before he found out about Luke Skywalker. His son.

Thinking about his son hardened his resolve and killed any sympathy he may have felt for his captives. They were just tools ? tools to be used for his own purposes, and for the strengthening of the Empire. They wouldn?t be allowed to stay, despi

2. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    OMG. I have no idea who you are... but this story is great! Vader will take Leia with him, I think, anyway, to try and turn her....

3. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    Cool, Vader figured out the truth for himself! Great beginning :) Looking forward to finding out what he's going to do with the information.

4. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    It looks good, Anonymous.

5. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    I love the beginning. Looking forward to the next post.

Kristeh

6. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Oh! No! What a wonderful start.......

He knows!!! He knows!!!

Oh my.... More soon! Please!

A. Windsor

7. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    If this is your first story then you must be a genius, because this is super great. I look forward to more from you soon.

8. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    I know exactly who you are, dear. ;)

And you're still missing a full stop after Padme's 'I love you.' :D

</picky beta>

Good job. When's the next post (and am I beta-ing it? :p)

9. TotaleFinsternis

TotaleFinsternis Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2003
    Sounds really good to me! Keep it up, or I might DIE from the suspense! hehe :)

Awesome start!

10. No_Fear

No_Fear Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2003
    Ooooh! Readers! *restrains self from jumping up and down in excitement*

GreatOne: Thankies! I love your stories too. :D *is bad lurker* [face_blush]

Reihla: All will be revealed... eventually. ;)

RebelMom: Great to see you here, RebelMom. And thanks! :D

kristeh: Thankyou, the next post should be up fairly soon. :)

A-Windsor: Glad you like it!

CrystalKenobi: Thanks! [face_blush]

Sock_of_Darth_Vader: Aha! I wondered when you'd find your way in here. As you can see, I finally got around to posting this. ;)
    I know exactly who you are, dear.
    Shh! Don't tell! *looks around furtively*
    And you're still missing a full stop after Padme's 'I love you.'
    *grumbles, then goes back and fixes it* :p
    When's the next post (and am I beta-ing it?)
    Um... I've started writing it, it should be ready in a couple of days. And if you're still willing to beta, that'd be great!

TotaleFinsternis: Thanks! :) *frantically tries to remember German lessons in order to translate sig* :p

Oh, and everyone, Cat here (Sock_of_Darth_Vader) is my lovely beta! :)

[color=B5EAAA]-- No brain : No fear --[/color]

11. Sunshine

Sunshine Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2003
    *shakes head* I don't know who you are, and knowing my guessing skills, I never will- but I was mighty impressed by this post.

*giggles at Vader* You silly sith lord.

12. Peregrine7

Peregrine7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2003
    Nice divergence point for an AU. It's never been adequately explained why Vader never noticed anything special about Leia, espcially when she resisted interrogation so well on the Death Star.

Looking forward to more.

13. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    I am looking forward to your next installment. It is great so far.

14. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Intriguing start! It is indeed a question of what Vader will do with this information. Really liked how Vader paralleled Padme's declaration of love to him with Leia's declaration to Han. Looking forward to reading more. :)

15. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I LOVE YOUR STORY! PLEASE, post more soon. I have no idea who you are either, but your story is just chilling. I look forward to more from you. :)

16. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Dec 24, 2002
    Yes, I'm willing to beta. I might be a wee thing irregular, depending on my uni schedule. (As in, I might take a day or three to get back to you.) Is that okay?

17. No_Fear

No_Fear Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2003
    Sunshine: *giggles back at Sunshine* :p

Peregrine7: Yes, I always thought it was a little odd that Vader didn't show any more interest in Leia, but I guess not everything can be shown in the films.

starwarsfan68: Thankyou. I'm a-workin' on that next post. ;)

Solo_Fan:
    Really liked how Vader paralleled Padme's declaration of love to him with Leia's declaration to Han.
    Really? I thought it was perhaps a little bit cheesy, but I put it in anyway. ;) Glad you liked it! :)

Sara_Kenobi: Wow, thanks! :) [face_blush]

Sock_of_Darth_Vader: Yay, that's great! *hugs Cat* I'm probably going to be a wee thing irregular with my posts, too, so we'll make a swell team. ;) :p

18. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Wow! Great start, No_Fear! I loved how Vader came to the conclusion that Leia was his daughter, because by the way he looks at her in ESB, I always thought he had figured things out... Oh well. :p

Looking forward to more! Awesome work! :)

19. Mystic665

Mystic665 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 23, 2003
    Love it! I love original trilogy AUs! Keep it up!

20. No_Fear

No_Fear Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2003
    Puggy: Yeah, I always wondered what was going through Vader and Leia's mind when they did "that look".

Mystic665: Thanks! :)

Bad news, people. Real life is being a killer right now, so the next post will be a little slow in coming. But it will come.

21. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Good! I'm curious for the next chapter. :)

22. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    looks interesting to me no fear. . .

so he finally realized ;)

23. Jayden112233

Jayden112233 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2003
    Ooh, Vader figured out Leia is his daughter and he was already having pangs of sorrow toward her. ...And anger that her Han wasn't good enough for her. Great post!

24. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Dec 24, 2002
  25. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    ::leans forward eagerly:: Where, oh where will this go? I'm very much waiting to see more.
    And I've sort of made it a hobby to figure out what socks belong to which users. :p But don't worry, if I figure it out, I won't tell. That's a big IF though. Work has put a serious crimp in my social and online time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.