main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Into the Fire"- New Jedi Order story, CURRENT-Post Rebel Stand-NEW POST! 9/20/02

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediMasterAaron, Jun 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Brief Description:

After an extremely powerful Force vision, a group of Jedi Knights prepare for a daring mission to infiltrate Coruscant and retrieve the two beings that hold the key to ending this war: Jacen and Anakin Solo.

Has some basic level NJO violence
    --------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 1: VISIONS

A world, once great and glittering with the evidence of civilization, now crumbled and burned like the derelict hulk of a planet that it was.

The sight of her former home in such destruction brought tears to Jaina Solo?s eyes.

Sleeping in her quarters aboard the Errant Venture, she could tell this was no ordinary dream. Dreams could never hope to match the lucidity of a full blown Force-vision. A chill trickled down her spine. She hadn?t received a vision since her horrifying descent into the Dark Side, despite her efforts to increase her meditation time. She just wasn?t as close to the Force as Jacen was; didn?t possess his intimate connection with it. For it to be speaking to her so clearly now was a sure sign of something important to come. Suddenly, the image blurred with the distortion of rushed movement. Clearly the thought of Jacen had sparked something within it. With dizzying speed the Force carried her through Coruscant, and brought her to look at the heart of what used to be Imperial Center. Now, instead of the impressive spike of the Palace looming above her, a hideous green dome, fully 12 miles across and at least 4 high, rose in its place. The sheer size of the structure awed her and filled her with dread.

?What?? she thought. ?What am I supposed to do here? Why are you showing me this??

Again the vision resumed it?s dizzying pace, taking her within the halls of the gigantic structure, which was obviously some sort of Vong stronghold. Twisting through the halls, Jaina had no idea what she was supposed to be looking for, when with a screeching halt the vision stopped her inside a chamber, and she saw something that made her heart stop.

Jacen, hanging in the embrace of pain.

?JACEN!? she tried to scream, even though she knew he couldn?t hear her?.or could he? He opened his eyes, and appeared to look around the room as if searching for something. ?Jacen I?m here!!!!? But before anything else could be said, the vision whisked her away again. Jaina grasped backwards with ethereal arms, trying to get back to her brother, tears streaming down her face. Suddenly she turned as the vision stopped, and something even more heart stopping, even more impossible, appeared before her.

Anakin, hanging in the embrace of pain.

She couldn?t believe it. ?No.? she thought. ?No, I saw him die. I was at his burning.? In response, a ghostly voice floated out of nowhere, one she did not recognize but was definitely male.

?All things are possible within the Force.?

She was then assaulted with a series of visions. Pictures of her fellow Jedi. Tahiri. Kyp. Herself. Luke. Leia. Mara. Corran. Kyle Katarn. The images flashed by so quickly she almost didn?t believe she had seen them, but then she was assaulted by a sense of duty, and of urgency. The image of Coruscant began to fade, and Jaina awoke, trembling. Her brothers were alive.

2. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    I love this so far! It's a great beginning! Keep it up ;)

3. JediMasterAaron

Oct 14, 2000
    Thanks for the quick response Princess!

I'm in an extreme writing mood, and this is really a story that I want to write, so I'm going to try my best to get at least a post a day up. I should have another chapter ready tonight.

Keep readin!

JMA

4. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    I will ;)

And, ooohh, I get to be the first fan :D

5. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I'll be around too!

6. JediMasterAaron

Oct 14, 2000
    Thanks Sara! I'll have another post up pretty late tonight, so be sure to take a look! I have to skedaddle right now, but I'll be back later.

:)

JMA

7. JediMasterAaron

Oct 14, 2000
    Update! Continuation of Chapter 1!!!!

Elsewhere on the Errant Venture?.

*snap-hiss* The sound of an igniting lightsaber filled the spacious practice gym as Tahiri Veila went about an early morning practice routine with her weapon. Weaving in and out, gliding from form to form and mixing kicks with lightsaber thrusts and slashes, Tahiri sought to achieve the calm center within her that she knew Anakin attained whenever he had fought. ?Anakin.? she thought mournfully, the grief from the thought of him forcing her to stop her practice until she could get a hold of herself. Suddenly, without warning, the Force screamed at her.

Images of Coruscant flashed by. Jacen Solo, hanging in the Embrace of Pain ?Jacen, how?? she barely had time to think before she was whisked away and brought before?Anakin. Anakin?! ANAKIN?! YOU?RE ALIVE!!!!! she screamed into the vision, even though she knew Anakin couldn?t hear her?.and yet?he opened one eye wearily, and looked right at Tahiri?s spirit form. Anakin hold on! We?ll come for you! she yelled as the vision darkened and she lost consciousness, crumpling in a heap on the cool durasteel floor of the training room.

?Hey. Kid. Snap out of it.?

Tahiri groaned as a masculine voice assaulted her awareness, along with a subtle Force nudge that demanded she awake. She tried to open her eyes, but the sudden brightness of the lights forced them shut before she could see whom her tormentor was.

?Sithspawn?.? She groaned, a hand to her forehead. ?What happened??

?Apparently you need more practice. I thought one of Master Skywalker?s first lessons with the lightsaber was ?Try to stay awake when practicing with a weapon that can cut through durasteel.??

She recognized the sarcastic voice now. Kyle Katarn, Jedi Master and combat instructor at the Academy. Great. Just what she needed.

?Oh lay off her Kyle. If she felt what we did, it?s no wonder she was knocked out.? Corran Horn said as he strode into the room, on somewhat shaky legs. ?I nearly lost it myself.?

Tahiri?s eyes snapped open and she pushed herself up, still clutching her head. ?You both saw it too?! Then you saw! Anakin is??

?Alive. Yes, we know.? Corran finished gently. ?We?re not the only ones either. Jaina, Kyp, Luke, Leia and Mara all have as well. Kyle and I were on our way to the bridge to discuss things with Master Skywalker when we noticed you in a heap in here.?

?I guess this means you?re invited too.? Kyle added with a lopsided grin. Tahiri purposely ignored the humor.

?What are we waiting for? Let?s go.?

Corran rolled his eyes. ?Women.?

8. JediMasterAaron

Oct 14, 2000
    Upppppppppp!

JMA

9. JediMasterAaron

Oct 14, 2000
    Up! Please read!

JMA

10. Jacy2412

Jacy2412 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Yeah I like it.

Post more soon.

11. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Great post JMA :) More soon? ;)

12. JediMasterAaron

Oct 14, 2000
    Up! Another post coming this evening! I have class for right now. Gotta go!

JMA

13. JediMasterAaron

Oct 14, 2000
  14. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Yay! Anakin's alive!! :D More soon? ;)

15. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    This is gonna be very interesting. Finally another fan Fic with Kyle Katarn. I'm definitly gonna keep up with this fic.

16. JediMasterAaron

Oct 14, 2000
    Hey guys,

I'm headin to the gym and then workin on another post. It'll be up tonight!

Just to let you know, I really appreciate your reading and reviewing. My stories have a history of having a hard time getting off the ground, so I appreciate it alot. Thanks!

JMA

17. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    this is a great story!!!!!!!!!!! post more!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. JediMasterAaron

Oct 14, 2000
    As the three Jedi entered onto the bridge of the Errant Venture, they saw that not only were the Jedi that Corran had named present, but Booster Terrik, Han Solo, and Wedge Antilles. None of them looked very happy. Tahiri took a seat around a hastily placed conference table next to Leia, while Corran and Kyle took places behind Luke at the head of the table. Luke was in the middle of trying to explain the situation to Han.

?Look, Han, you can?t go. The vision was very specific on who was supposed to go on this mission, and for one reason or another I..?

Han slapped the table with the flat of his hand. ?Blast it Luke those are my sons out there! How can you ask me to stay here when both of them are on Coruscant in the hands of the Vong, and have been for Sith knows how long?!?

Luke started to answer him with another platitude, but instead Leia interjected herself.

?Because Han, you?re not Jedi. You?d only slow us down, and you know it.?

Leia?s comment hit Han like a fist between the eyes. His mouth worked as if he was going to say something, but couldn?t find the words. Finally, under his wife?s loving but unwavering gaze, he relented.

?Blast you and your logic Leia. That was unfair.?

Leia smiled gently. ?It was a perfectly scoundrel-esque move to make. Besides, you know I?m right.?

?What do you know about being a scoundrel?? Han asked grumpily, knowing he was defeated.

?I had a good teacher.?

?You had the best teacher.?

Luke cleared his throat in an attempt to get things back on track. ?Here?s how it?s going to go. The Venture is already making a jump for the fringes of the Coruscant system, and we?ll reach there at 0900 tomorrow morning. Mara, Tahiri, Jaina, Corran, Kyle, Kyp, Leia, and myself will board an auto piloted shuttle and use the Wraith?s pods to inject us into Coruscant?s surface.? The pods he referred to were an invention by Wraith Squadron?s scientists. Big enough for one person and containing a very small repulsor, they were designed to allow one human occupant to enter the surface of a planet, merely appearing as a comet or piece of space debris to radar. ?We?ll land on Coruscant, hook up with one of the resistance cells as a base of operations, and go from there. The plan is to check back here every 24 hours to keep you informed of our progress. I?m sorry we don?t have more time to plan this, but I think you all felt the urgency that was inherent in that vision. Jacen and Anakin needs us and they need us now, so we don?t have time for anything better.?

?Smash and grab, I like it. Who needs style when you?ve got one of these?? Kyle remarked, patting his lightsaber. The other Jedi rolled their eyes.

?Luke, I know I can?t dissuade you from this, so good luck. Don?t get yourself killed.? Wedge?s tiny hologram form said. Mara answered for him.

?He won?t.?

The steel in her voice assured him of that, and Wedge gave a small smile. ?Take care of him Mara.?

?Just so long as you take care of my son.?

?Will do.?

End Chapter 1

----------------------------------

Guys, I'm sorry if this feels rushed, but my forte is really writing action and this story is going to be action-filled. Next post, we jump right into it!

JMA

19. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    nice post!!!! poor Han, though, stuck there, while his wife and other Jedi go off to rescue his sons...

20. JediMasterAaron

Oct 14, 2000
  21. JediMasterAaron

Oct 14, 2000
  22. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
  23. Jacy2412

Jacy2412 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Yay a post. This is coming along great.

I know what you mean about stories. Really empty in mine...

Anyway MORE SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

24. JediMasterAaron

Oct 14, 2000
    UP! I'm picking this fic up where I left off! WOOT! Expect a post today!

JMA

25. Runaway_Shadow

Runaway_Shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Nice story! I'like it! You better post soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.