main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Into the Gate: Stargate SG-1 (Spoiler-Free)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by JediTrilobite, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    What can I say- I was shocked the Prometheus was offed! I was almost certain the Earth Crusiers would be safe until we at least got 3 or 4 up and running.

It's ironic- early in the episode I was thinking to myself how, while I still still the Prometheus was an ugly ship design, I really admired it's functionality and sort of unqiue "building" look. And now it's gone ;)

I wonder if they're gonna make all the ships look like the Daedalus or if they'll continue to make each ship unique.

2. EDKRIEG

EDKRIEG Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    Could you guys explain Daniel's speech at the end of last night's episode?What happened to the planets?BTW got a trade paperback at Barnes and Noble fans might like:Approaching the Possible:The World of Stargate SG-1 by Jo Storm.Has a lot of photos and other extras as well as a season by season summary of each episode.Runs about 20 dollars!

3. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Basically the Rand and the others were not able to peacefully co exisit, and the other people, cant think of their names, instead of lewaving, tried to launch an attack afainst the Rand, and they were wiped uout by the satalite. Jackson should have had Mitchell blow that damn thing outa the sky

4. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I really liked Icon, and can't wait to see this last one when it hits DVD.

5. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    Some of you might know this, but the actor who plays O'Neill will be in a super bowl commercial doing something for Macyver(sp).

6. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    You mean the guy that played MacGyver?

7. ComicDiva

ComicDiva Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2004
    I would've loved the episode if it wasn't for that damn ending. It seemed preachy and taking itself way more seriously then it should. In fact, that's a feeling I get from Stargate on a whole lately. It was supposed to be fun sci fi, now it's preachy sci-fi.

On the other hand Atlantis is doing very well as a slightly darker more serious Stargatem but even it has it's flaws. Ronon Dex is in need of some serious character developement and McKay seriously needs to calm down once in a while, every episode he feels the overwhelming need to throw a nuclear hissy fit.

8. MasterP

Jun 8, 2003
    On the other hand Atlantis is doing very well as a slightly darker more serious Stargatem but even it has it's flaws. Ronon Dex is in need of some serious character developement and McKay seriously needs to calm down once in a while, every episode he feels the overwhelming need to throw a nuclear hissy fit.

Yeah, Stargate SG-1 is hanging in there, but I think Atlantis is doing better this season. I agree on the McKay issue. Whenever he's working and someone interrupts him he always gets angry.

Excuse me. Smart guy trying to work!

9. ComicDiva

ComicDiva Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2004
    I understand it's in his character's nature to be slightly arrogant...but, it's getting redundant this whole Sheppard tells him to fix something, McKay bitches a lot and then goes ahead and fixes it anyway. He's supposed to be growing as a character, and he did that fabulously in the first season when you saw him being thrown in all these different situations and he tried to adapt but this season it seems to me like his character is stagnating. I would've thought since the "Grace under pressure" episode he would learn to chill out a little bit and appreciate other people more, but they're still writing him like a whiney little turd for the sake of a few funny one liners, and I say it's a shame.

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, it's an improvement over the just-plain-annoying whiny Mckay we got earlier in Season 2 (particularly in that one with him and Ford).

11. MasterP

Jun 8, 2003
    I did some research at www.gateworld.net and I found out that there is already a new battleship for SG-1. It is called the Odyssy, a deadelus-class cruiser. It picks up SG-1, who has been trapped on a planet with no stargate. It will be seen this friday come the new episode.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Spoilers about upcoming episodes should probably be masked, just in case.

(if people feel otherwise, please say so, though)

13. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I don't know. Isn't each show supposed to have "...two different, distinct threads. One that encompasses conversation, where spoilers are allowed. And one that encompasses conversation, where spoilers are not allowed."?

Would we make this one the spoiler thread and another non-spoiler thread?

I'm still a little confused about this forum's spoiler policies. Since its so easy to make stuff HLTR now with the format bar and it takes even less time to highlight it I'm indifferent about the whole thing.

With the lack of "two distinct threads" though I'd say HLTR is always safest.

14. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    So long Prometheus she was a fine ship. @};-

Prometheus getting blown away was cool though. :cool:

15. MasterP

Jun 8, 2003
    I was on a Stargate site, and I found this stargate picture. What episode is that from? Or is that even from stargate episode?

:confused:

16. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Well, spoilers have to be masked now as there is no spoiler warning. I think this thread will work fine if we black out spoilers.

17. Kaia

Kaia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2003
    I don't think it's from a SG episode. But then I can't be sure...I don't recall Sam (Amanda) wearing that shirt in any episode.

Hi! I'm a huge Stargate fan and I usually hang at another board but then I realised I hadn't looked at this board in a loooong while. So I decided to stop being such a Haa?shaak and get over here. Because I like Star Wars to.

Wow. Really boring information I gave you there.

I miss Jack from S9, but Cameron's good. He have the power of saying right things. Sarcastic things.

18. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Well HTR is required in this thread since there isn't a seperate spoiler-free thread. If someone wants to make one thats cool.

It makes it harder to have two seperate discussions in the same thread if one discussion is all blacked out and the other isn't, plus you may get someone who doesn't realize that spoilers must be HTR and post something on accident.

19. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Done and done. I designated the new thread as spoilers allowed :cool:

20. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Then that makes this thread Spoiler-Free.

:)

21. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Humorous aside, my wife and I came up with a Stargate Drinking Game Disclaimer: we do not advocate becoming a drunken barmy! It could just as easily be done non-alcoholic.

Take a "drink" every time:

Daniel says "Ummmm...no..."
    Daniel says "Ummmm...yeah..."
    Sam talks in technobabble
    O'Neil makes fun of Sam's technobabble
    O'Neil makes a Star Trek or Simpsons reference
    O'Neil purposefully mispronounces something
    General Hammond says "GOOOld"
    Teal'c raises an eyebrow
    (two drinks if Teal'c smiles)
    Teal'c calls someone by their full name

8-}

22. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IS there a technical meaning or definition of the word 'spoiler'?

I only ask, cos from where I'm sitting, learning that the Prometheus is toast is one FRAG of a spoiler.
    Guess it is in the eye of the beholder?

On another note, I'm definitely taking note of that Drinking Game! Could never be bothered to try the Star Wars one, but I watch Stargate dvds enough for this to be practical.

23. Kaia

Kaia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2003
    [face_laugh] Can I borrow that drinking game and tell it to some others Gaters? I know they would love it. I'll give you full credit of course.

24. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    Stargate SG-1 drinking game that will get you drunk in ten minutes every time Teal'c says Indeed you take a drink you'll be on the floor dead. :D:D

25. weezer

May 16, 2001
    No that would definatly be a spoiler. Its only a spoiler for 72 hours though so its well expired by now.

See you all in the other thread :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.