main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Into the Gate: Stargate SG-1 (Spoiler-Free)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by JediTrilobite, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    They do have multiple offworld bases that some missions are launched from- not quite a colony in the tens of thousands, but it's a start for what they need it for. And, at this point, they're not quite as safe as using Earth is- there's a weapons platform built by the Ancients discovered in Antarctica that lends some degree of protection. Combined with our satilite coverage, military forces and, as a last resort, the general public, it makes it more difficult for enemies to make an incursion onto the planet without us knowing about it.

The producers have, however, expressed interest in the notion of using the concept of full disclosure of the Stargate to the public as the basis for an eventual theatrical film and launching point for a third series.

At this point so far though, it just would probably do more harm than good, and distract us at home with the political, economical and socialogical ramifications when we're trying to hold back the Ori.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We just had the premiere of the final episode of SG-1 here in the UK on Sky One. Very good!

3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well I updated my banner, mainly adding in Samuels and Reynolds to the "BSG ad holders". I tried making a stylesheet but I apparently don't understand the coding needing to make one as well as just being all around terrible at making them to begin with, so I'll leave that to a higher pwoer to decide upon, should my banner be chosen.

[image=http://www.denimfilms.com/shared/SG-1banner.jpg]

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    So, anyone else got a banner? I know weezer posted one earlier but I think he was still tinkering with it last he posted.

5. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    alrighty. some friends of mine have been talking about Stargate. it's peaked my interest. what would be good to start off on it? the movie or TV show?

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Definitely the movie- though a couple small details change between the film and Tv series, the TV series is a direct sequel to the events of the film (the pilot movie for SG-1 picks up about a year after the movie), and they reference it fairly often, at least in the first season or two.

Besides, the film is pretty good by itself anyways, so it's a good starting point for the initial backstory and character introductions.

7. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    No Walter in the banner? No Syler? There are characters that only appeared in 3 episodes in the banner and yet no room is made for these fabulous recurring characters? :(

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    There wasn't any room- I wanted to have an electrified Siler somewhere, as well as Walter, but I couldn't move the fire skull over anymore and I needed room for our villians. I also couldn't have put them along the sidebar because that woulda broken the theme of guest stars there.

However, since my BSG actor ad holders didn't seem to fit, maybe I can make some new ones with Walter and Siler.

9. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Nice banner :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.