main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Into the Light (Anakin's thoughts during his return to the lightside.) Repost.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ZaraValinor, Apr 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Obi-Wan warned me.

"Patience. Use the Force. Think." Master Obi-Wan must have repeated this litany to me as much as Master Qui-Gon had told him to keep his focus on the here and now.

I never looked before I leapt.

"Anakin!" Master Obi-Wan called as I leapt towards the concussion bomb that was aimed for the Stronghold of the Royal family of Dorshtan. "Don't get to close to those bursts, the power can blind you."

Prophetic words. My Master always had a knack of stating a future truth offhandedly, sometimes in jest.

My Force jump was further then I intended, I landed far too close to the fire and the concussion threw me to the ground. And darkness clouded my gaze.

Power can be as intoxicating as love. And like love, power must be controlled or dire are the consequences.

I was unconscious for days, unaware of the world around me. Obi-Wan, I later learned stayed by my side, never leaving even to eat or sleep.

I always took Master Obi-Wan for granted. That he would be there regardless what I did. I put it off to the fact that it had been Qui-Gon's last wish, that it had nothing to do with his feelings for me.

{i]Waking up was a painful experience. Opening my eyes I found that I couldn't see nothing but the darkness that came upoon the concussion bomb. I was frightened but I buried it under a veneer of forced confidence. Master Obi-Wan assured me regardless.[/i]

For years I hid under that veneer. Even when the darkness was more figuritive then literal. When Palpatine lured me to the darkside and I swallowed the bait like a baby Calamarian, Obi-Wan came for me. I refused his offer for guidance back to the light.

Not only had my retinas been damaged by the blast, but the skin around it had been scorched. Obi-Wan cultivated the bacta cream that would mend the cracked and bleeding eyelids. He siphoned the drops into my eyes. I fought the medication every step of the way.

When I first learned that the first Death Star had been destroyed by a young rebel pilot named Luke Skywalker, I became a man split in two. The part of Anakin that had managed not to be suffocated by the veneer of Darth Vader reveled in the fact that he had a son. Luke was a balm that soothed the burns of the darkside. I fought the medication every step of the way.

The treatment was long and tedious, and Master Obi-Wan was a model of Jedi stocism. I, as usual, did not make things easy for him. But when the pain became intense, I wanted him by my side. It was a feeling that I had only felt for my mother.

In some ways I think the fact that I began to love Obi-Wan as a father and parent figure, caused me to feel as though I was betraying my mother. She was stranded on Tatooine for years. Only now do I see the similarity between the two people who raised me.

Light came to me in a burst of pain and quite suddenly. I had waken after a long night of arguing with Obi-Wan. I had fallen asleep hearing him gather medication, I was sure he was leaving. But when my eyes opened to the sudden aura of light and gasping in pain, I struggled to focus on a single object, I found the Master's head pillowed on the side of my bunk.

It was the first time I realized that Obi-Wan loved me back.

Relunctantly, I nudged Obi-Wan. "Master, could you close the blinds, the light is very bright."

The cloudiness of sleep sweept off of him quickly and a smile that I had never seen on him before lit his face as bright as Coruscant's primary. Stiffly he rose from the floor and moved to adjust the blinds.

Shyly, I plucked at the light coverlet. "You stayed with me," I said.

He turned to face me and that smile had not wavered. "I will always be there for you to come into the light."

When Luke brought the light back from my self-inflicted darkness, it was just as painful. When I began to fade I was afraid to join the Force. Afraid to be alone.

I was surprised when I saw Master Obi-Wan, you again before my eyes. When he engulfed me in a hug,

2. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    wow thats really amazing. I really loved it and the flashbacks are so realistic.

3. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    AWW! THAT WAS SO SWEET AND REALISTIC! So, Ani was blinded temporarily? Wow. This is awesome! You know, if you haven't already, you could make a story out of those flashbacks! It would be so cool! I know everybody would love it! And I would be your first reader!

4. Falls_the_Shadow

Falls_the_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    Wonderfully sad and thoughtful. Return of the Light, return of the Jedi, though one Jedi had always remained. :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.