main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Into the Twilight: The Haunted Mansion RPG

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/Imperial_Hammer/IH_logo1.jpg]

I_H RPG Productions Proudly Presents...

[image=http://www.aapd-dc.org/gala/images/disney.JPG] [image=http://www.lasc.be/media/images/cbs_logo.jpg]

In Association with the Walt Disney Company and the CBS Broadcasting Corporation...

[u][b]The Haunted Mansion RPG [/b] [/u]

[image=http://www.doombuggies.com/media/wallpaper/thumbs/plaque800.jpg]

[color=green][i]As the moon climbs high o'er the dead oak tree,
    Spooks arrive for the midnight spree.
    Creepy creeps with eerie eyes,
    Start to shriek and harmonize.
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize [/i] [/color]

[hr]
    Welcome, foolish mortals, to my Haunted Mansion RPG. Do step inside my imaginary construct, as I explore another new frontier in RPG Development. Don?t be afraid good friends, what could possibly go wrong?

Buckle up your seatbelts and look ?.. alive, as we boldly explore a Twilight Zone / Haunted Mansion / RPF Triple Cross!

[hr]
    [b][link=http://www.spookytoms.com/TR-RodSerling.JPG]IC: Rod Serling[/link] [/b]
    [i]Location: Midwestern Power-grid [/i]

Rod Serling walks up to the forground, standing right next to a massive electrical pylon. The sky is dark and cloudy as the wind whips wildly.

?It is a stormy night here on the Midwestern Plains of America. Here in the heartland, a series of events will be set into motion. A series of events that will change the lives of a great many people, and send them headfirst?. straight into the Twilight Zone.?

Bum bum buuuummmmm, bumbumbumbumbum

?Raise your eyes now, up to the sky, as fate begins her long march.?

Thunder rumbles, loud and clear and with a flash, a blast of lightning hits the power pylon. The electrical charges zip down the wires and off into the horizon.

[hr]
    [b]IC: Your Computer [/b]
    [i]Location: Right where you always keep it[/i]

It is a night, or day, whatever, much like the one that preceded it. You sit down at your computer and log onto the Jedi Council Forums, anxiously clicking the link to the new Non-Star Wars RPF to check the status of your favorite game. As you take a moment to admire its new beautiful banner, and the Mods' fine handywork, you notice a new RPG posted up on the boards. It reads the ?Into the Twilight: The Haunted Mansion RPG,? and intrigued, you click on it.

As you get right to this point in reading, your computer screen goes blank, as the surge of electricity travels up your power cord and into the device. From the blackness of the screen, you notice a small light, right in the center. You notice it growing, at first smaller, then bigger and bigger and bigger still! The light blinds your eyes as it pours out of the screen, until finally, a huge crack is heard and you are left?.. standing?. in a place very much so not your room.

You look around at your surroundings. It?s a street, wild and dead plants adorning its sides. Everything is very, brown, and above in the sky, storm clouds roll in. You look around and you notice other disheveled looking people, looking just as confused as you are. You may or may not recognize some people, depending on who you all know from the RPF

You notice, along some others, a figure, dressed snappily in a suit, heading down the road to where you are. He arrives at the group, and you may or may not recognize that he is Rod Serling, the host of the Twilight Zone. If you do, this worries you. If you don?t, you?re still worried, maybe even moreso.

[hr]
    [b][link=http://www.spookytoms.com/TR-RodSerling.JPG]IC: Rod Serling[/link] [/b]
    [i]Location: The Gloomy Looking Street leading up a Hill [/i]

The clean cut Rod Serling walks up to you all and gives a friendly smile.

?Greetings, digital travelers, and welcome to?. the Twilight Zone.?

From out of nowhere, you hear?. Bum bum buuuummmmm, bumbumbumbumbum

?You stand here today, on an ordinary road, much like any other you?ve encountered. But up ahead, at the end of this lane, is anything but the ordinary. There lies a grand man

2. Dark-Enigma

Dark-Enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 8, 2006
    Ah, it's up! PM commencing. :)

3. LightSide_Apprentice

LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 22, 2001
    OOC:

Name: Anthony
    Race: Human (Male)
    Appearance:
    ---Height: 180-something-cm 6'something
    ---Weight: < 70 kg
    ---Hair Color: Brown
    ---Hair Style: Unkept
    ---Eye Color: Brown
    ---Clothing: Crocodile T-Shirt. Shorts. Bare feet.
    Bio: Bachelor of Business (Accounting) graduate. Australian. Assistant Accountant. Love writing and reading and watching films. Enjoy playing pool/snooker and swimming and bushwalking. Long-time member of the Role Playing Forums. Not sure how I got here when I was in my bedroom only moments ago...

IC:

One minute I was reading the long-awaited Haunted Mansion RPG, and the next, I find myself ... somewhere. I have no idea how I got here and I recall rubbing my eyes in wonder, and in part to clear my vision from that blinding flash of light. I have no idea who this old fellow is, but he's mentioned something about a Haunted Mansion. Now, I know I was ready to sign up for a great game, but I never expected to have to live through the experience myself.

Perhaps I can find someone else I know from the JC. At least then I won't be so lonely. Not that I'm afraid of being alone or anything, even though this place is kind of creepy and stuff...

4. Dark-Enigma

Dark-Enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 8, 2006
    His Majesty Approved

Name: David Frank (using middle name)
    Race: Caucasian
    Picture: N/A
    If not?. Appearance (what you look like at the time you read this! )
    ---Height: 5' 7"
    ---Weight: 150 lbs.
    ---Hair Color: Dark brown
    ---Hair Style: Somewhat short, casual
    ---Eye Color: Bluish green
    ---Clothing: Black tee-shirt with silver basketball shorts, bare feet
    Bio: David was born on the eight day of November of the year of 1991. His parents are David I and Mary, and he has two siblings - an eleven year-old sister named Lindsey that often gets on his nerves and a five year-old brother named Brooks (named for MLB Hall-of-Fame third baseman) who is afraid to be in a room by himself, for the plot of Home Alone sticks in his mind like tape. He enjoys baseball, music, and of course role-playing on theforce.net.

5. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    GM Approved:

CHRACTER SHEET

Name: Ktala
    Race: african american
    Appearance (what you look like at the time you read this! )
    ---Height: 5'5"
    ---Weight: 130
    ---Hair Color: black
    ---Hair Style: curly, shoulder length hair
    ---Eye Color: brown
    ---Clothing: blue jeans and tank top
    Bio:
    Works as a computer specilist, and is a rpg gaming fiend. Knows many within several boards, and also convention hops when available.

Loves a good story, and a even better mystery. Over-active imagination, and draws and writes own stuff on the side.

6. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    GM Approved

Name: Brandon, but you can call me Bassil.
    Picture: Nah
    If not?. Appearance
    ---Height: 5'9
    ---Weight: 210
    ---Hair Color: dark brown
    ---Hair Style:Dishevled, bangs can cover eyes if they fall down.
    ---Eye Color: blue gray
    ---Clothing: grey Tennessee Titans T-shirt, Incredible Hulk boxer shorts, blue slippers, long blue robe, white towel, and his viewing glasses hung from his shirt.
    Bio: Born in a city in Oklahoma, young Brandon grew up like any other child. He went to school, made friends, made good grades, was bitten by the acting bug and grew into likeing anime. He's currently enrolled in a local community college and he had a class on Monday that I think he's going to miss...

-~This is no Zaku, Boy. No Zaku!~-

7. Eme-ma_Himou

Eme-ma_Himou Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2004
    GM APPROVED

Name: Eme-ma_Himou a.k.a. Matt Emery
    Race: tan caucasian
    ---Height: 5'8"-5'9"
    ---Weight:125
    ---Hair Color: blonde
    ---Hair Style: unkempt, somewhat short: bangs hit the eyes
    ---Eye Color: seafoam green
    ---Clothing: black Quicksilver t-shirt with Indigo Palms jeans and flip-flops
    Bio: born and bred Californian, in the process of getting ready for the dreaded SAT's. Athletic, born runner. Wanted to be a cryptozoologist when I grew up, but decided that double-majoring in PoliSci and Marine Bio would be... a better choice.

8. Pheonix_Rising

Pheonix_Rising Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2005
    GM Approved!

Name: David
    Race: Hawaiian (Simoan)
    Picture:NONE
    If not?. Appearance
    ---Height: 5'8"
    ---Weight: 179 lbs.
    ---Hair Color: Jet Black
    ---Hair Style: Spike
    ---Eye Color: Green
    ---Clothing: Polo Shirt, black shoes, and Jeans
    Bio: Born on the Pearl Harbor Naval Base, moved to texas, than North Dakota, now going to school, for Art Education(Teacher).

9. Ghostly_Host

Ghostly_Host Jedi Master star 1

Dec 29, 2005
    ***Foolish Mortals Traveling into the Realm of the Supernatural***

- LSA
    - Dark_Enigma
    - Ktala
    - BSSL
    - Eme-Ma_Himou
    - Pheonix Rising
    - LadyZaraMarta
    - Penguinator-176

10. LadyZaraMarta

LadyZaraMarta Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2004
    Master GM Approved

Name: LadyZaraMarta or LadyZM or LZM or ZM or Zara or Marta. I'll answer to about anything.
    Race: White
    Picture: Yeah, right. I wish I looked like Michelle Pfeiffer.
    If not?.
    ---Height:5'1.5" Hey when you are this short, every little bit helps.
    ---Weight: Ha!
    ---Hair Color: Dark blonde with highlights
    ---Hair Style: Shoulder length
    ---Eye Color: Green
    ---Clothing: Brown sandals, blue jean shorts, wearing a 'DarthMickey' tshirt.
    Bio: About myself right? Can't lie? ok.
    Love history and archaeology. If I was a millionaire I would travel, missed the Lottery by....THAT MUCH....
    I am addicted to StarBucks. I have a southern accent. Not as thick as Mississipi Mud, but if you are a Yankee you can detect it.Love the movies.

This RPG intrigued me, for I think in real life our house is a little...haunted. How can it be a little haunted? Well, that's a story in itself.

By the way: Love the icon! And who is foolish?

11. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    GM APPROVED

This is all true.

Name: Ben (But I also respond to Boberto, Benji)
    Race: Polish/Scottish/Canadian White male
    Picture: No
    ---Height: 7' 1" (Not lying)
    ---Weight: 200lbs
    ---Hair Color: Brown
    ---Hair Style: Long, shaggy
    ---Eye Color: Blue
    ---Clothing: short Maroon shirt with Arcteryx logo on front, lizard on back, blue jeans, white socks, dark brown hiking shoes, Black jacket, blue "KNOW YOUR LIMIT" wristband
    Bio: A young man who plays guitar, watches movies, listens to music, and is a little shy.

12. Eme-ma_Himou

Eme-ma_Himou Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2004
    EDIT: OOC: My bad! :p

I just saw that LSA posted, so I figured...

13. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    IC as Me

I was at home, then I was here. Weird. Not cool.

Foreboding trees and a dark road...Why me? What'd I do? Damn you, Imperial_Hammer... Too creative. I'd rather be home listening to Led Zeppelin.

I stood, and looked around. The night air nipped at my coat, and I did up the zipper up front. Wonderful. Why couldn't it be summer, or something other than cold?

I brushed my hair out of my eyes. This had to be a bad dream. Yeah, that was it. A dream. It would all be over when I woke up. That thought was quite comforting. Because if this were a dream world, then it was most likely a nightmare.

A nightmare that I couldn't wait to forget.

Tag: Any

14. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    GM's OOC: Woah now!

*Puts on the breaks*

This thing ain't started yet...

Nice posts.... but hold onto em... :p

We're going to wait at least two more days until I launch this thing right and proper...

Look for a Tuesday the 28th Launch.

-I_H

And... Inner-Game rules are coming.

15. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Uh...whoops?

Sorry, Hammer.

16. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Yeah, I can't stay away from I_H productions.

I_H Approved

Name: Tyler
    Race: whitey
    Picture: [image=http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/DarthIntegral/Mountainside.jpg]
    If notâ?¦. Appearance (in case you can't see all the details clearly)
    ---Height: 6'0
    ---Weight: 270 lbs
    ---Hair Color: light brown
    ---Hair Style: shaggy w/ very big red beard
    ---Eye Color: blue
    ---Clothing:
    Bio: As Renes DesCartes said, "With me, all things become mathematics". Tyler takes this to an extreme. He breaks down everything, from his time on the JC to his religion in terms of mathematics. He's a bit of an introvert to the outside viewer, but once he's in a relationship, his walls come down quickly, and he's willing to open up, learn from others, and become vulnerable. He's also a passionate sports nut, watching everything from Football (go Steelers) to golf (go Tiger!) to poker (which he also plays in his spare time ... again, with the mathematics). He's also been known to issue threats to people who believe that any game not featuring Link is the greatest video game of all time.

17. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    GM Approved!

Name: Mariana Garcia
    Race: White
    Picture: N/A
    If not?. Appearance
    ---Height: 5?4?
    ---Weight: 122
    ---Hair Color: brown
    ---Hair Style: shoulder long, a bit wavy
    ---Eye Color: lighter brown
    ---Clothing: Roxy t-shirt, light blue jeans (torn at the knees), light blue jean jacket
    Bio: Mari was born in New York City, but raised for six years in Madrid, Spain. She returned to New York, where she currently lives with her Dad, step-mom, younger sister and little stepbrother. A big happy family! Mari is a senior in a local public school, and hopes to be a veterinarian when she grows up.

18. kiskolou

kiskolou Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 23, 2005
    I would join but i don't wanna play myself.Great idea though!I loovvee the haunted mansion ride!

19. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Approval has been acquired

Name: Seth
    Race: British Indian
    Appearance
    ---Height: 5'10"
    ---Weight: 140 lbs
    ---Hair Color: Black
    ---Hair Style: Messy. Needs a cut.
    ---Eye Color: Dark brown
    ---Clothing: Dark blue jeans, blue t-shirt, white socks.
    Bio: Likes to write. Likes to read. Likes to watch films, TV, play football. Likes to sleep. Is cripplingly introspective. Stubbornly believes that Greatness is not far off.

20. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    GM Approved!

Name: Steph
    Appearance (what you look like at the time you read this! )
    ---Height: 5'7"
    ---Weight: 130
    ---Hair Color: Brown w/ blonde highlights
    ---Hair Style: straight, shoulder length
    ---Eye Color: Hazel
    ---Clothing: Navy blue PCA&D(my college) hoodie, jeans and sneakers
    Bio: Born in the Reading, PA area, I lived here all my life and am now attending Pennsylvania College of Art and Design in Lancaster to major in illustration. I hope to one day work in animation and movie concept art. And I LOVE Disney. :p

21. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    OOC: Alriiiight! Now we're cooking with fire folks!

***Foolish Mortals Traveling into the Realm of the Supernatural***

- LSA
    - Dark_Enigma
    - Ktala
    - BSSL
    - Eme-Ma_Himou
    - Pheonix Rising
    - LadyZaraMarta
    - Penguinator-176
    - DarthIntegral
    - Dahlia_Santary
    - Winged_Jedi
    - HanSolo29
    - Darth_Vassago

And keep it coming folks!

Theres room for a thousand. Any Volunteers? If you insist on lagging behind, you may not need to volunteer.

:D

Now... onto the last bit of administrative duties before I turn the reigns over to the Ghostly Host...

Lets peak on under the hood and show ya how this baby is going to work

[b][u]The Internal Rules[/u][/b]

So I'm sure many of you are wondering how the heck I'm going to run this RPG. Well, its creative...

[u][i]The Quest System:[/i][/u] This game is, underneath the cobwebs and ghastly exterior, a simple Quest Based Game. I spent alot of hours in the production of this thing working out a "Quest Pyramid" from which this game shall progress a go forward. There is one [b]main quest[/b]. This is axle on which the game revolves. When you solve this quest, you win the game. However of course, due to its.... nature..... its big. And long. And hopefully fun. So thats that. Then I installed five [b]sub-quests[/b]. These little babies are stand alones to be solved on themselves that will either make the end situation more favorable to you, or will aid you in getting to the end situation faster. These are designed to be mediumly difficult exercises that take a bit of pushing, but yield sizable results. And finally, I installed ten [b]mini-quests[/b]. These are much easier little chores, duties, and the like that usually tie themselves into the Main Quest or the Sub Quests some how. Easier to do, these I plan to use as the standard fare of keeping you alls busy. :p

[u][i]The Cast:[/i][/u] There are alot of NPCs in this RPG. No really. ALOT. Just like the Haunted Mansion, I have in upwards of sixty NPCs hanging around in the mansion, just waiting to be chatted with. These shall serve as the main points of interaction between yourself and the game. You may stumble upon a convo of ghosts. You'll definitely have to do some chatting with them, and some errands for them. Only by interaction with the Ghosts will you ever get anywhere in the game.

[u][i]The Stage:[/i][/u] Luckily for me, to save me from commandering all sixty plus ghosts at once, I made for myself a large stage on which to play. You can only talk to the ghosts you can find, and yes, they are all scattered all over the mansion. So put on your explorer hats and step right on in. Besides ghosts, the second big form of Game-User interface is room and item information requests. There are alot of interesting things no doubt lying around the rooms in Ravenwood Manor, worthy of investigation to be sure. So when you enter a room, feel free to tag for a room request.

[u][i]Various Notes of Methodology:[/i][/u] Taking a page out of LSA's masterfully done IBOP, I shall structure my responses to posts as follows...

[color=green][b]Green[/b] Text shall be the color of the [u]Ghostly Host[/u]. He is, in essence, you In-Game GM. You can feel free to talk to him and try to get some info out. Never know what he might say or do.[/color]

[color=blue][b]Blue[/b] Text shall be the color of [u]Room Information Request Replies[/u]. This will be just a general idea as to where you are. Items of interest may be hidden inside these posts, as well as reveals of any Ghosts[/color]

[color=red][b]Red[/b] Text shall be the color of [u]Item Information Request Replies[/u]. If you want a really good look at the candlestick ontop of the dresser, give me a tag and I can give you the downlow on the item. Sometimes there may be something interesting. Sometimes there won't.[/color]

[color=purple][b]Purple[/b] Text shall be the color of [u]all Ghost ICs.[/u] Any Ghost you choose to interact with shall be colored in purple.[/color]

An

22. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    ~GM Approved Character Sheet~

Name: Zach

Picture: Sure, why not.

Appearance:

---Height: 6'7"
    ---Weight: 232 .lbs
    ---Hair Color: Ash blonde/light brown
    ---Hair Style: Long. Semi-straight, hanging just below ears.
    ---Eye Color: Hazel
    ---Clothing: Black shirt with design (see picture). Dark blue jeans, with a black studded leather belt. Large, silver winged skull and crossbones belt buckle. Wallet, with chain. Tall Doc Marten boots. *looks in mirror...yep.

Bio: A young man of nearly 20, Zach leads a simple life. In reality, there's not a whole lot to be said of him at this point, but he does one day wish to make something of himself. Some things he enjoys are reading, writing, listening to music, spending time with friends, and loved ones, and...attempting to draw. Some of his time is spent on the Jedi Council boards where is is better known by his alter-ego, Darth-Vassago.

This should be interesting. :)

23. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    Name: Elliott

Race: White American

Picture: Might have one later...

If notâ?¦. Appearance
    ---Height: 6'0
    ---Weight: 165
    ---Hair Color: Drity Blonde/Brown
    ---Hair Style: Combed straight forward, a little short
    ---Eye Color: Blue
    ---Clothing: Blue Jeans, Orange "Billibong" long sleeved shirt, Zippered "Oniell" Hoodie, cheap brown shoes.

Bio: Born in sunny So-Cal (Souther California), Elliott moved to Eastern Oregon at the age of 14, where he has lived on a small farm for 2 years. Knife collector, never goes anywhere with out one in his back pocket (in this case a rather dull black pocket knife) Loves a good mystery, and loves Star Wars. Big Sci-Fi fan, seen a majority of ghost movies and Twilight Zone Marathons (the old ones, 'cause the new ones sucked.)

24. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    PM has been sent for approval. :)

DarthIntegral - I noticed the hockey jersey in your picture. You an Av's fan?

25. Morkai

Morkai Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2005
    Name Daniel Smith
    Race:{caucasian} Australian {c'mon Aussie}
    Picture: If you so wish it?
    If not?. Appearance
    ---Height: 5'8
    ---Weight: 82 kg
    ---Hair Color: light brown
    ---Hair Style: medium length wavy hair
    ---Eye Color: hazel
    ---Clothing: Kung Fu uniform, the traditional black cotton jacket and loose black pants with comfortable thin soled shoes.
    Bio: Born and raised in melbourne Australia, i had a fixation with martial arts from an early age. After i graduated high school i became a landscape gardener so i could finally pay to go to school. I've trained at Golden Lion Kung Fu academy for 5 years and have just done my accreditation as an instructor. I usually log on after i've finished class at night and was happily having a quiet drink and floating around the internet when i turned up outside a huge bloody mansion with you guys.....not your typical weekday but there you go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.