1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive Into the Twilight: The Haunted Mansion RPG

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyZaraMarta Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    IC: LadyZaraMarta, LZM, LadyZM....whatever

Rod Sterling. Rod Sterling? Rod Sterling!
    He's been dead for a few years...

Could it be? I take the lid of my grande cafe mocha from Starbucks and peer into the steaming cup and sniff. Smells the same. Could this be the result of the extra whip cream I requested? Am I becoming delusional? Too much caffine? Replacing the lid I take a sip. Tastes the same. Divine.

I was at my computer, cafe mocha in one hand, the other paging down to see what's happening in the RPG's. At last the new forum! Fantastic banner!
    Kalio Dynkos and I can launch our new RPG! Yes! And...and...

I am now standing on a dirt road.This is definitely not the coast of England circa 1803 that KD had in mine, neither is it a galaxy far far away.
    Just ahead a bunch of people mulling about, appearing just as befuddled as myself.

We've been selected for some reason, definitely not chosen for best dressed.
    There's a kid in cute blue fuzzy slippers, Hulk boxers...another in a Colorado Avs jersey...and I'm wearing my 'DarthMickey' T. We are definitely not on Mr. Blackwell's 10 Best Dressed List...and oh yes...one REALLY TALL guy!

Perhaps they know what the heck is going on.

"Hello fellows! Anyone know what is going on? What reality is this?...And did I really see Rod Sterling who has been dead for the past...eh....30 years?"

TAG: Anyone!
  2. Teegirloo Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Tee

I was just finishing dinner when i thought it would be a good if i go on the computer and check my email and check to see if i got attacked on the Ogame site that i partake in all the time. Im lucky this time all my resources seem to be there for a change as i thought to myself while exiting the Ogame site.

I then went to T.F.N. where i practiculy live when online. I belong to so many of the threads my time has been eaten up by it but i enjoy it immensely since right now i have no life. I suddenly noticed that there is a new forum that has been added to the list of places to go on T.F.N. called Role Playing I smile at thought of being able to hone my new r/p skills in this new forum.

"Ah what do we have here i see a new RPG from Imperial_Hammer called Into the Twilight: The Haunted Mansion I say to myself as i look it over. I know I_H from the Galactic Defenders and know of his ability to debate and analyize a topic with superior skills of a Psychology student.

As im looking into the R/P i suddenly find myself in a place i never been before. As if i was sucked into the computer and transported into another world. The clean cut Rod Serling walks up to you and gives a friendly smile.

"Greetings, digital travelers, and welcome to.... the Twilight Zone."

From out of nowhere, you hear.... Bum bum buuuummmmm, bumbumbumbumbum

"You stand here today, on an ordinary road, much like any other you've encountered. But up ahead, at the end of this lane, is anything but the ordinary. There lies a grand mansion, with a most". peculiar nature. You see, you have entered a realm between that of reality, and that of fantasy. A realm where ideas live, and from whence inspiration is drawn."

A raven caws in the background, and a creaky wind blows through the dead forest.

I see unfamilar faces but the names ring a bell as i never met any of these people in person. "Hello everybody I'm TEE I'm here to join in on the fun." I said looking at everybody while thinking to myself What have i got myself into.

TAG: All
  3. Morkai Jedi Knight

star 3
    IC: Daniel Smith {a.k.a myself}

Daniel blinked as his eyes grew acustomed to the dim light, he turned around slowly taking in where he was, it seemed an old country road in the middle of nowhere. How the bloody hell did i get HERE? he thought to himself, an errant breeze plucked at the black material of his cotton jacket, looking down at himself he thought at least im still in my training clothes cold comfort though it was. He saw a large group of at times strangely dressed people talking softly to each other, some of them looked like they were dressed for bed We must all be in the same boat he thought as he walked across to them. "G'day excuse me guys but does anyone know where the hell we are?".

TAG: All
  4. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Brandon/BaSSiL

"I talk well in front of my students, and with close friends," The man spoke fast, but not too fast for Brandon to understand. "I take it that you are "no zaku", then." He finished with a smile.

Ah, good, Brandon quickly noted. He knew who he was, or at least recalled his manual sig. This was at least someone he'd had some dealings with, so he felt a little more comfortable. He wasn't actually nude or anything, thank goodness. "Yes, I'm no no Zaku." Brandon stated before the man started up again.

"I'll give you one other clue to my JC Identity: I've derailed threads to talk about calculus!"

Brandon had to think about this one. How many did he know who derailed threads to talk about math. Math, that dreadful and vile subject that he loathed. Most of the time he just stopped reading anything involving that. Including when Integral started bringing math into the party thread...Integral...could it be? Nah, surely they wouldn't both end up here. But it was all he could think of at the moment.

"Integral?" he asked, his face questioning and unsure.

TAG: Integral

-~This is no Zaku, Boy. No Zaku!~-
  5. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 5
    OOC: Token tall guy that everyone likes but is first to die? That's me.

Ben

I turned around.

What an odd group. Darth Mickey? Pfft. Zeppelin's better. Oh well, can't complain. Now, if all that Imp wrote was true, and everyone here is who they say they are, then the JCF has way too many old people.

Okay, not old, just... Bored? I dunno...

Tag: Any
  6. Eme-ma_Himou Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Matt

"You're LSA? The new RPG moderator? I'm Matt," he said as he walked with him towards Ktala.

"Do you have any idea what we're doing in the Twilight Zone?"

Bum bum buuuummmmm, bumbumbumbumbum

Matt swayed on his feet, as he tried to comprehend the insanity of music coming out of nowhere.

"Wait a sec," Matt said with a devilish smile on his face, "Twi-"

Bum bum

"-light?"

buuuummmmm

"Twilight Zone, Twilight Zone!" Matt shouted.

Bum bum buuuummmmm, bumbumbumbumbum. Bum bum buuuummmmm, bumbumbumbumbum.

Proud with himself, Matt stopped. Ah, the simple joys in life...

Oh wait... it's the comic relief that always dies! This can't be good.

TAG: LSA, Ktala, Everyone

OOC to I_H: [Jack] Couldn't resist, mate. [/Jack] :p
  7. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5

IC: as myself...er, I mean, Scotty
    "The Road"...

When I opened my eyes, I realized I wasn't in the same place!

Last thing I remember, I was playing some hockey with my friends. Since we couldn't get any ice time at the rink, we had to resort to using our roller blades in the street. One of the guys from the other team had bumped into me...just a little hip check. I went down hard on to the pavement. I must have hit my head, because I felt this horrible pain. Then the pain vanished. I opened my eyes. And there I was.

I am laying in the road...but a different road. It's cold, dark, damp, and kinda gloomy. Ah, who am I kidding. It is gloomy! Still laying there, I said aloud to myself, "Holy crap. I must have really hit my head hard."

TAG: anyone...

OOC: Few questions, Hammer. 1) Do we have to get sucked into our computers? 2) Do we RP in 1st person or 3rd person? 3) Can I have objects with me, like my skates and hockey stick in hand? :confused: If I've done anything wrong, I'll rewrite the post./>
  8. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

star 5
    GM's OOC:

Dubya
    1.) Yeah, I am going to insist it be through the computer
    2.) First OR Third Person is fine with me. Third person is more traditional, but if its just too weird to refer to yourself in third, I will accept 1st
    3.) You can carry with you anything you have on you when you go through your comp. ;)
  9. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Alrighty then. New intro post coming up...
  10. LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus

star 4
    IC: Anthony

After confirming that I was indeed the same person Matt understood me to be, we walked together towards Ktala, who seemed to be distracted at that moment. I could hardly blame her, what, with the strange sights and sounds that seemed to surround us. Matt seemed to be enjoying himself, which only caused me to smile and chuckle with polite amusement.

I took a moment to better assess my surroundings, looking up and down the length of autumn strewn road, lit by the dim moon far above and edged with dark shadows. It was a dusty, dirty road, brown and looking like it hadn't seen traffic in years. We were in a forest, a shadow wood of some form. And, it was more than a little creppy and unsettling.

I felt and recognised the periodic breeze from the east, which occassionally whipped up, and noisily blew leaves about. Shivering, I glanced up the sloping road, which continued upward along a steep incline as it drew further into the distance. "Feel like exploring?" I asked no one in particular.

TAG: Eme-ma_Himou, Penguinator-176 & Ktala
  11. Pheonix_Rising Jedi Knight

star 3
    IC: David

David had not a clue as to what was happening, "I dunno Mariana, but i'm guessing it has nothing to do with Star Wars?"

I was confused, very confused. Oh well, it should be fun.
    TAG: Mariana
  12. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: Fashionably late. Incidentally, I suppose the term OOC is no longer technically correct, because I'm not Out Of Character, I'm Out Of...er, Me. :p

IC:

Seth opened his eyes. He'd never fallen asleep at his computer before. Ever. Yet that could be the only logical explanation. He'd browsed the RPF for new games many a time. He had been rather looking forward to his first game in the new non-Star Wars forum, and Imperial_Hammer's Haunted Mansion looked intriguing. He'd clicked on it. He'd read up to about halfway down the first post. Then the power went out and he got sucked into the screen. Rather odd. So he had to be asleep. And this was all a dream.

The strange man that had briefly appeared had explained he was Rod Serling (whoever that was), that this was the Twilight Zone, and that the Ravenwood Manor lay up ahead, some spooky place that the Disney ride had been based on. And there was a mystery to solve, and inspiration drawn from ideas, something like that. Oh, and that the various people who seemed to have also appeared in the vicinity were fellow roleplayers from the RPF. They didn't look at all familiar. How strange. How unusual. How...how...unique! Seth could not help but silently congratulate his subconscious for conjuring up such an imaginative scenario for this latest dream. Such a refreshingly creative departure from the norm. Slightly eerie, yes, and a little more...real than usual. But ten out of ten for originality. And it actually seemed to make sense (so far), which was a first. Wow indeed for me, he thought smugly. You had to be one helluva guy to have a subconscious that produced stuff like this.

He glanced around at the people gathered, and head over to a small group of three.

"Anyone feel like exploring?" said one of them in a crocodile t-shirt.

"I do," said Seth, approaching them with a smile. "You're all supposed to be RPers too, right? Hi, I'm Winged_Jedi."

Tag: LSA, Ktala, Eme-Ma_Himou, Penguinator, anyone else
  13. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    IC: Tyler

Brandon looked back on him and somewhat unsure asked/said "Integral".

Tyler looked back upon him and said, somewhat confidently, somewhat in a sarcastic term "The one and only. Afterall, who else would be carrying a TI-83 graphing calculator in their pocket when they got sucked through their computer?"

He looked around, taking in the scene. There was a gorgeous, throwback mansion, and a long road, extending towards infinity. Tyler thought for a moment, trying to figure out which M. C. Escher painting it reminded him of. He laughed at himself for being such a dork. He turned back to Brandon.

"You can call me Tyler though, or Integral. Whatever you feel comfortable with, Brandon. What do you suppose is going on here, anyway?"

He peered around, trying to see if anyone else was listening in to them, and also waiting for Brandon's response.

Tag: BaSSiL, anyone else
  14. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Road

IC as Steph(myself):

Great, all I wanted to do was sleep! I thought to myself as I stood in the middle of an abandoned street with storm clouds overhead. After working the opening shift at Friendly's and running on three hours of sleep, this was the last thing I expected to happen. The plan was just to quickly log onto the JC, check my regular forums and then lie down for a while. Apparently, that wasn't meant to be. Then again, maybe I was already asleep. I mean, people did dream about weird things and I was no exception to that.

The sudden chill that ran down my spine from the wind changed my mind. This was real and I was freaked out. Pressing my lips together in annoyance and fear, I glanced up from the bangs hanging in my eyes to survey my surroundings a bit better. Aside from the dead leaves and twisted branches blowing about, the road was crowded with other people just like myself - lost and confused. They were all JCers. Well, I always said I wanted to meet someone in person from the boards, I mused to myself.

Thrusting my hands into the pockets of my hoodie, I began to walk deeper into the crowd of people. One guy in particular caught my attention. He was standing off on his own and looking around with the same expression on his face as I had on mine. I was a shy person and knew I wouldn't particular come out and start talking to these people. Maybe a guy like that would help me break out of my shell.

Licking my lips in anticipation, I approached the young man. "Hey," I uttered quietly with a smile.

TAG: Penguinator-176
  15. LadyZaraMarta Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hmmm, why do I have to say IC when I'm me?

ME:LadyZaraMarta, LZM, LadyZM, whatever....

Ok. The long and winding road to nowhere and not a Starbucks in sight.I took a sip and appraised the situation.Make the best of it.

"Alright folks, I suppose we should start moving towards yonder gates. I'm going on. See you there."

These are all bright, level headed people. If we stick together, cooperate we'll all be ...just fine. Right...we'll be just fine.

One foot in front of the other. Why did I wear sandals and my DarthMickey T?
    I'm chilled already.

Tag: Anyone brave enough to follow .
  16. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    Ktala

As Ktala stood there, trying to figure things out, two people walked over to her. One was wearing a crocodile t-shirt. She wonder of one of them might be LSA. "Feel like exploring?" one of them asked.

Ktala nodded. "Sure, why not." she said, shaking her head.

"I do," another voice pipped up, as another guy approached their small group with a smile. "You're all supposed to be RPers too, right? Hi, I'm Winged_Jedi."

Ktala eyes went wide, as she grinned, and then laughed. "I always wondered what most of you guys looked like." she said with a smirk. "Im Ktala. Anyone know how we got to this freak fest?"

They started wandering down the road. Ktala looked at the other people who popped in, hoping to recognize a face.

Tag: LSA, Eme-Ma_Himou, Penguinator, Winged_Jedi, anyone else
  17. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Okay... My rewritten intro post:

IC: as Scotty (in 3rd person)

Scotty walked into his bedroom thinking about what he would write for the re-do on his intro post in Imperial_Hammer's Haunted Mansion RPG. He sat down at the computer and logged into the Jedi Council Forums.

He checked out a couple other threads before clicking on the Haunted Mansion link. He glanced up at the `Gargoyles` poster hanging on the wall while the computer loaded the page. Then, all of a sudden...

What the hell...? He found himself on a dark and gloomy road. It was very cold and damp. Kinda spooky. Scotty rubbed his eyes thinking he was just imagining it. But it sure seemed real. He turned when he heard a group of people down the road talking amongst themselves. They looked like normal people.

It seemed as if Scotty was now stuck in some kind of horror movie. If he approached the people, they'd probably end up being zombies or mutants or something. Hey! One of them was wearing an Avalanche jersey. Scotty glanced down at his Sharks jersey. Well, he figured he'd better go over to talk to them. Maybe they have answers about what happened.

TAG: anyone on the road who happens to see me.../>
  18. LadyZaraMarta Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    LZM

Walking along the old road leading to the mansion I felt a slight discomfort. Not another pebble! Why do pebbles always seem to 'jump' into my sandal? Standing on one foot, I remove the flipflop and the offending tiny piece of gravel drops to the road.

I turn back for a minute and look down the road to the others.Many are still huddled in small groups still trying to figure out what's going on or chatting and introducing themselves to friends they have interacted with in other RPG's but never really dreamed of meeting face to face.

The interaction between people should be entertaining in itself.

I've always loved old houses, so much more character than the houses being built today.
    I stopped again to admire what I could see of the house looming in the distance. I've always believed a house absorbs the personality of the people who lived there. When a house is abandoned part of it dies as well, how quickly it falls into disrepair.

Arriving at the gate,always curious I peer in through the bars.
    Definitely a fixer-upper. Was a lovely place at one time.Built perhaps 1880-90's?
    Fancy place like this would have had gas lights, maybe the new fangled electric lights. Some chandeliers might have been converted or a mixture. Many people didn't trust the new invention by Edison.Definitely running water...hope the plumbing still works.

If we'll going to be here for awhile, we'll need food and water.How long is an hour in a place like this? An hour is an hour or 20 minutes or...who knows in a place like this.Perhaps there are some fruit trees still producing.

I have a feeling once we enter, there will be very little time for rest.Might as well make myself comfortable and wait for the others.I'll just rest against the wall and sip on my Starbucks.

Is any of this reality? Is this the only reality,my cup of Starbucks? This is only going to last so long.

I couldn't help but notice as well the overturned stones. This family liked to stay close together,in death as well as life.

Yep, this is going to be interesting. I always enjoyed watching the reruns of the old soap"Dark Shadows" and imagined what life would be like in the Collinwood Mansion. Looks like I might get my wish.

Wonder what thoughts are running through the minds of the others?

Tag: Anyone who wishes
  19. LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling

star 4
    JediCouncilMaster's CHARACTER SHEET

GM APPROVED

Name: James Robert (Using Middle Name) [Just call me James, please]
    Race: Caucasian...or am I?
    Picture: http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a238/Jedistudent/James.jpg
    ---Height: 5'6''
    ---Weight:125-135 lbs
    ---Hair Color: Brown/Blonde
    ---Hair Style: Short but deviously gelled and spiked in an interesting manner, at other times worn messy.
    ---Eye Color: Brown
    ---Clothing: Just like any other "bad boy" would dress like. Special Blue jeans street racers would wear, a black polo long-sleeved shirt with collar sticking up. Black DC shoes, A gold-silver watch and necklace.
    Bio: A quiet kid who was born in San Diego, California and later moved to Las Vegas, Nevada. James is a brilliant but sometimes stubborn kid who excelled in his studies and made good friends. He was well liked among his peers, some didn't even pay good attention to him. He didn't care, he just cared that he was serving his purpose in life. Lived an average normal life as a teenager, enjoying every moment of life. Star Wars, Matrix, Racing, etc. "Half of everything is luck...and the other half is fate..."

Yes, I know. I am hot. Girls gather around me! Guys don't get jealous!
  20. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5
    IC: Myself...er...Brandon/BaSSiL

"The one and only. Afterall, who else would be carrying a TI-83 graphing calculator in their pocket when they got sucked through their computer?"

Brandon chuckled at the sarcastic tone before noticing Integral begin to look around. Brandon didn't need to gain his grounding yet. At this point he still believed the less he noticed the better.

"You can call me Tyler though, or Integral. Whatever you feel comfortable with, Brandon. What do you suppose is going on here, anyway?"

Brandon shook his head and smiled, looking into the sky. "I don't have a freaking clue. But I guess this hands the race to Angus, eh?"

TAG: Integral, anyone else

-~This is no Zaku, Boy. No Zaku!~-
  21. Morkai Jedi Knight

star 3
    Daniel Smith

He shivered as another gust of wind blew through the thin fabric of his training gear If i'd thought i was going to be sucked through my computer i would have changed into something more apropriate than my knug fu gear....warmer too he thought as he threaded his way through the knots of people talking. He had noticed a large...LARGE building inthe distance and saw some of the others had started moving towards it so he start up the road himself, the gravel crunching under his thin soled shoes as he headed towards the gateway. Daniel took in his surroundings It looks like the Adam's families house.....on steroids, It was then he noticed someone leaning against the large pillar that held the gate, he wandered over, his head casting from side to side as he stared into the shadows "G'day....it looks like a renovators nightmare doesn't it?" he said gesturing to the house.

TAG: LZM
  22. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

star 5
    GM's Final Note:

Alright kiddos... I've got to go and prepare the Mansion for your arrival. This shall be my last post in this RPG. I've talked to the Ghostly Host and he shall be around tomorrow to open the gates for you.

Good Luck with this RPG People! I hope you like it!

Any other further questions can be sent to the Ghostly Host, who will be your "In-Game GM". I believe he told me he accepts PMs of all types and pursuasions.

It might be a good idea to get to know him. ;)

See ya later folks!

*Heads off into the Mansion... never to be seen again? *
  23. LadyZaraMarta Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    LZM
    "G'day....it looks like a renovators nightmare doesn't it?" he said gesturing to the house.

LZM tilted her head upwards and smiled.An Aussie! They have to be the friendiest people on earth!

"G'day back to you! Yeah, the people on 'This Old House' who go about the country remodling old houses would love this place or...." she glanced behind her "or be scared witless."

She offered her hand to him.
    "I'm LadyZaraMarta, or ZM or whatever you want to call me."
    She noticed he shivered.
    "I'm a little cold myself. Bound to be colder in there."
    Glancing down the road, LZM grinned impishly. "We are a motley crew."

Tag: Morkai
  24. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    IC: Tyler

Tyler laughed as Brandon referenced the Podracer game, they were RPing on the Jedi Council boards. This sure did give another win to Angus. Unless either a) time had stopped (not out of the question, given the other crazy occurences today) or b) Angus was here.

Tyler pensively ran his hands through his beard, and put his other hand in his pocket, thumbing his "lucky star". He was glad to have it on him, in a time like this. Very glad this wasn't one of the (many) times he forgotten it in another pair of pants and it'd ended up in the dryer, bouncing around like crazy.

He kicked the ground softly beneath him, causing some gravel to kick up. Anyone watching would notice it, and anyone not would not. It was just to see if anyone besides Brandon was looking to join their conversation.

He looked back at Brandon, and spoke again. "You know, call me crazy, but I'm really interested to see what's inside that old mansion."

Tag: BaSSiL, anyone else in the area wanting to talk
  25. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

star 5
    GUYS!!

WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.