1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive Into the Twilight: The Haunted Mansion RPG

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghostly_Host Jedi Knight

star 1
    GM's OOC: Apologies for the.... dead... weight. Now that that last... annoyance.... has been taken care of .... let us begin.

The Gate:
    Eventually everyone found their way to the hulking iron gates that constituted the entry into the Ravenwood Manor. Its metallic bars were solidly closed, the tarnished R and W standing vigil over their once happy grounds.

Suddenly, from out the blue, a creepy organ plays a somber tune (the Foyer Music), accentuated with the mournful clangs of funeral bells. The Gates open on their own with a tremendous creaking sound, then a booming, yet charmingly sly voice is heard from the sky.

"When hinges creak in door less chambers, and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls... whenever candle lights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight!

Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion of Ravenwood. I, am your host. Your ghost host. Kindly step all the way in, please, and make room for everyone. There?s no turning back now."

In front of you all, the Manor beckons.

TAG: All
  2. LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling

star 4
    James

I arrived from school as always, exhausted and stressed. The weather in Las Vegas was intense, the blazing sun was in the sky, not a cloud in sight. I went to my room as always, logged into the JCC to unbundle those stressed nerves in my body. The Air-Condition was pleasing, the cool waves curling up my back.

I was impressed at all the new modifications on the JCC. I was pleased my Matrix RP was going well, despite no one seemed to have an interest. At least it's doing well, so what the hell. I went into one of the new RPs, Haunted Mansion. Odd, I thought. But it seems to attract a lot of attention.

"Haunted Mansion," I scoff. "Kids stuff..." I sneered. When I clicked on the icon to enter the thread, my computer screen turned black. Pitch black, a small square window appeared in the middle of the screen.

"What's happening now? A glitch. I swear, this better not be a virus." I cursed under my breath and stared into the box of light, which was growing in size, slowly filling the whole monitor.

Then light shone out of the computer, hitting my face, blinding me. The light disappeared and I could feel a cold gust of wind brush against my neatly gelled-spiked hair. I opened my eyes, seeing nothing I would expect.

Was this a dream? I thought. This can't be real. I was standing in the middle of a dirt road, fogs of mist hovering down on the ground. It's like something out of a horror movie. The wind howled, the trees looked as if they were going to grab me and bring me into their dark lair.

I took a step forward. Great....I looked down seeing my DC shoes smudged with mud. Not wet, but I didn't like to be in places like this where I wore fancy things. Leaves rustles nearby, the aweful stench of fungi was disgusting.

I saw a group of figures up ahead. Tourists? I sure didn't look like one. I was simply a kid dressed as a "bad boy." I looked at my watch, it was the same time. Though, it was too dark to see past anything, especially in this smokey haze. Trees lined up both sides of the road, I decided to associate with the group.

I pulled my cell phone out of my jeans and opened it up. I looked to the corner of the screen, "no-signal." I cursed. I approached the group of people...waiting for their reaction...

TAG: Any...
  3. Dark-Enigma Jedi Knight

star 3
    IC: David Frank
    The Gate

David eventually made his way to the haunted mansion with all of the other "victims", not interacting with any of them, for he was always reluctant to speak with someone that he had not known. Of course, assuming these were the role-players of the Jedi Council Forums, he did know some of them, albeit he had never met them in real life. He felt that this would soon be altered.

As they all neared it, the gate began to open with a loud cracking sound as eerie music played out of nowhere. Shortly thereafter, an unexpected voice spoke that seemed to originate from the sky. "When hinges creak in door less chambers, and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls... whenever candle lights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight!

Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion of Ravenwood. I, am your host. Your ghost host. Kindly step all the way in, please, and make room for everyone. There?s no turning back now."

Now a bit nervous, but well aware that the last sentence of the ghost was true, David took his first step towards the mansion.

Tag: Any
  4. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: The Ghostly_Host, the foyer music, the Disneyland ride quotes... Just awesome. =D= And reading this "Ghostly Hosts" signature, I finally know the words to that song! [face_dancing]

IC: as Scotty
    At the Gate

Scotty neared the two people at the gate, one of which wore the hockey jersey. He was about to approach them and say "hello" when he suddenly stopped in his tracks. A voice came out of no-where. Scotty looked all around him. It seemed like the voice was in his head. As the gates creaked open, he looked up at the mansion. *gulp*

TAG: anyone, maybe BSSL or Integral...
  5. Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Master

star 4
    IC Spaceman_Spiff (Martin):

Going from one reality to another did not discombobulate me unduly. I?ve seen enough TV shows and read enough books to know when something out of the ordinary has occurred, so I wasted no time wondering whether or not my current situation was a dream. Why should I? I have never had a dream that was so real, real enough to feel the sediment kicking up at my skin and feel the wind knifing through me.

I was no longer in front of my computer while watching TV, though both the TV and DVR remotes lay on the dusty ground in front of me. Obviously, they had come through during the transfer to wherever I was. Maybe this was a situation like in Sliders, or certain of the TNG episodes, which was of course the best of the lot, if you didn?t count DS9, which was often uneven. Man, the things you think about in uncertain times.

Looking down at the remotes as I took them into my hands gave me pause. If I had known that this was going to happen, that this was even the remotest possibility, I would have been more prepared, just like Ash. Nothing beats a shotgun and a chainsaw arm.

To make things even stranger, Rod Serling appeared before me. Of course I knew him: his image and voice are a cultural institution, Zone reruns showing on the Sci-Fi Channel every day, it seems like. He was even doing his thing, seemingly talking directly to the camera (which, as far as I could tell, did not actually exist) but also simultaneously speaking to me. The theme song boomed out and everything. I was going to ask him what he thought about Lithgow?s interpretation of Shatner, and the myriad impersonations of him on television (Hell, even one of Theo Huxtable?s friends and Jo, Natalie, Blair and Tootie had lampooned him), but he disappeared before I could.

That is when I finally noticed all the other people around me. There were a lot of folks in my same situation. At least I would not be alone, though, of course, I was still sad, because it was possible I would never see my family again. No, I would not think like that. I would not miss a single new episode of Veronica Mars. I made that vow to myself. Think positive, that was the way to go, real Stewart Smalley-like.

I could see a house right out of Maniac Mansion straight ahead. As everybody began to mingle and introduce themselves, I spent a little bit of time studying my surroundings, especially around the house itself. I reasoned that there would be time for introductions later, and it seemed infinitely better and of more immediate import to have info about where we were. Of course, I wasn?t very comfortable getting too close to Amityville, but you have to do what you have to do.

As if all the rest of the stuff that had happened since reaching this place were not creepy enough, suddenly Vincent Price Jr.?s voice boomed from on high and the door of the mansion opened before us. This could not be a good thing, so why did I feel so compelled to enter?

One thing was for sure: this was all Imperial_Hammer?s fault, and he would pay. Oh yes, he would pay.

TAG: anyone who cares to interact with me
  6. Morkai Jedi Knight

star 3
    IC: Daniel Smith

Daniel smiled down at the woman as they spoke "Well G'day ZM im Daniel Smith, call me Danny if you want, we are most definately a mixed bag of lollies huh?" he said with a lopsided grin, he was about to say something else when someone spoke
    "When hinges creak in door less chambers, and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls... whenever candle lights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight!

Daniel looked up and around for the source of the voice but couldnt find anyone, he looked over at ZM doing up the buttond on his jacket "When i meet whoever that is im gonna have a quiet word with him". He said with a hint of annoyance in his voice, he looked around at the growing crowd at the gates "Well standing here isn't going to get us out of this". He offered his hand to ZM to help her up and called out "Anyone else coming?" as he began to make his way up the gravel path towards the house.

TAG: ZM, Group
  7. LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus

star 4
    IC:

It was all rather interesting. Of all the people to meet, I ended up with some of the people I not only already knew, from the Jedi Council Forums, but admired, too. I wanted to explore, though I hadn't actually expected anyone else to voice support of the idea. No doubt they had similar thoughts of their own.

"You're all supposed to be RPers too, right?" said the one who was interested. "Hi, I'm Winged_Jedi."

Ktala nodded. "Sure, why not," she had said, also in support of exploration. She introduced herself to Winged_Jedi, and I took the opportunity to introduce myself again, too, telling them that I was LightSide_Apprentice, and that my name was Anthony. I introduced Eme-ma_Himou, as Matt, and soon we were all acquainted.

"Anyone know how we got to this freak fest?" Ktala asked, as we explored our surroundings. But, all I could offer her was a shrug of incertainty.

"It's like something out of ..." My words trailed off, but my mind completed what had been left unsaid. ... the Twilight Zone. I shook my head slowly, in disbelief, and noticed that several other people were also gathering into small clusters and groups of their own. There was safety in numbers.

I watched as LadyZaraMarta, though I knew not her name myself, called out with a general comment. "Alright folks, I suppose we should start moving towards yonder gates. I'm going on. See you there." It seemed that that was that.

I exchanged a brief glance with each of those that I had just met, Matt (Eme-ma_Himou), Ktala, and Winged_Jedi, in that order, then gestured vaguely after LadyZaraMarta, before I followed in her tracks, fully expecting the others to join us as we headed toward the Mansion.

We found our way to the hulking iron gates that constituted the entry into the Ravenwood Manor. In the midst of the eerie surroundings, a creepy organ played a somber tune, accentuated with the mournful clangs of funeral bells. The Gates opened on their own with a tremendous creaking sound, then a booming, yet charmingly sly voice was heard from the sky.

In front of us all, the Manor beckoned.

TAG: Eme-ma_Himou, Penguinator-176, Winged_Jedi, Ktala & LadyZaraMarta
  8. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Ben

I walked up to the manor door.

"If we're going in there, we might as well get it over with." I said, with more than an edge of nervousness in my voice.

I walked up to the door, and, reaching for the handle, hear a loud creak. I stepped back, hesitant now. Great. There goes my first impression.

Tag: Any
  9. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Brandon/BaSSiL

As Brandon was about to respond in the negative concerning wanting to see more of the mansion, suddenly the sound of an organ being played filled the air, sending shivers down Brandon's spine. Yet that wasn't it, no, there was more. With the sound of funeral bells, the gates creaked open. Brandon quickly turned to them. He was standing right next to the gate, there was no one pushing it, and this house, as he studied it now in earnest, was far too old for any automated system to have been installed. Something stranger than he had previously thought was going on. That's when the voice boomed over them.

"Y'know...I don't think I can just ignore this place anymore." Brandon said to Integral as Brandon followed the ghost's instructions, making his first step into the mansion grounds.

TAG: Integral, Dubya if you want to catch up to us, anyone

-~This is no Zaku, Boy. No Zaku!~-

10. LadyZaraMarta Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    LadyZaraMarta/ LZM/ ZM

"Hello Danny," LZM gave the Aussie her brightest smile. I believe there might be something good coming out of all this after all, she thought. A gentleman. She took his offered hand and gave him thanks as she stood.

"Hi, Lightside, correct me if I'm wrong, but are you from Australia as well?" LZM asked the newly appointed forum moderator. "Oh, by the way, congratulations on your modhood. Do you know how we were zapped here?...I suppose it doesn't matter. We are here and that's what counts. "Oh, how rude of me. I'm ZaraMarta."

Hearing the voice of doom? inviting them forward ZM grinned.
    "Hot time in the old town tonight, fellows?"

TAG: Lightside & Morkai and anyone else!

11. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    Ktala

"Anyone know how we got to this freak fest?" Ktala asked, as we explored our surroundings. But, all I could offer her was a shrug of incertainty. "It's like something out of ..." Light_Side's words trailed off, but pretty much everyone else was possibly thinking the same thing. Somewhere between Twilight Zone, and the Matrix. Folks began to cluster together, and wander around, checking out her surroundings. One girl called out,
    "Alright folks, I suppose we should start moving towards yonder gates. I'm going on. See you there."

Ktala gave a look, shaking her head. Gates were closed. Why bother. Ktala looked towards the others in the group, when suddenly, she began to hear what sounded like a creepy organ played a somber tune, accentuated with the mournful clangs of funeral bells. The Gates opened on their own with a tremendous creaking sound, then a booming, yet charmingly sly voice was heard from the sky.

"OH FRACK!.." Ktala exclaimed. I KNOW that intro..." She groaned as the voice continued.

"Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion of Ravenwood. I, am your host. Your ghost host. Kindly step all the way in, please, and make room for everyone. There?s no turning back now."

"Ya know...this used to be my favorite ride..." Ktala muttered as she slowly made her way to the gates, entering with the others. "No more eating chocolate for me, before I go to bed..." As she walked, Ktala patted her pockets. She still had with her a key, a small tin of chocolate waffer sticks, some Altoid mints, A 20' rope for hanging clothes, that she had been using to make bracelets, and a pair or reading glasses. Great. She wondered if she could change it into something like a +20 swords or something. She sighed. One could hope.

TAG: Eme-ma_Himou, Penguinator-176, Winged_Jedi, LSA & LadyZaraMarta

12. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: as Scotty
    the gate

Scotty ran up to the person he saw take a step through the gates. "Wait! You're going in there? What, are you crazy?" He glanced up at the mansion and a shiver ran down his spine....

TAG: BSSL...
  13. Ghostly_Host Jedi Knight

star 1
    IC: The Ghostly Host

The Ghostly Host watched the mortals enter from his omnipresent position. Such sympathetic vibrations.

"Your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as if you sense the disquieting metamorphosis. But don't worry. I won't frighten you prematurely; the real chills come later. Step lively please, we wouldn't want to leave our gates open for any old spook to enter."

TAG: All save Penguinator

The Front Door

As the man opened the stately front door to the Ravenwood Manor, it let out a massive creak, echoing through the empty halls and rooms. Then suddenly, a massive "whoosh" filled the mans ears and he found himself being pushed back outside the mansion by a unstoppable force. The peeling and tainted wooden door, decorately adorned with eight raised wooden panels slammed shut, leaving the man looking face to face with its massive gorgon headed knocked.

The Gorgon's eyes flared into animation with a purplish light..

IC: The Front Door Knocker

"Wot in the name of my sweet aunt Sally is goin' on here?" the gorgon head said, eyeballing Ben. "Ew do you think you ar, just bargin' in 'ere like a bloody whirlwin'? Nawt even a knock or a' hello, like tis is your home? You wanna get me fired, is dat it?"

TAG: Penguinator Only/>
  14. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    IC: Tyler

Tyler laughed, and a bit audibly, when he heard the organ music, the cheesy funeral bells, and the words of the "ghost". He let out a large sigh, and looked around, then headed towards the mansion with Brandon.

"This is crazy. What kind of bad prank is this? How stupid do they think we are? A ghost? That cheesy organ and cheesy bells? This is laughable. I'm not sure what to make of it, but I'm on the lookout for Ashton Kutcher. Or at least someone from Candid Camera to jump out. Or something like that." He wondered what Brandon thought of all this. Honestly thought, not putting up any kind of a front. Too bad he didn't know him, know him, well enough to get a read of if he would be fronting or genuine in his initial reactions.

Tyler turned his head, and noticed another guy running towards them. He asked if they were going in, and if they were crazy.

"Yeah," Tyler answered him, "we're going in. What's the worst that happens? A bunch of rubber snakes fall from the ceiling as we enter and someone gets a good laugh?"

Tyler was lauging lightly. He was always a bit sarcastic, and a bit sceptical. Perhaps, sometimes, a bit too much so. Oh well ... he'd always lived and learned, and he was sure the same would happen here.

Tag: BaSSiL, Dubya
  15. LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling

star 4
    James

I approached the group who seemed to be walking to a large rusty gate. It was designed in a fancy way, like something similar in entering an estate or an expensive house.

I sighed, wondering what the Hell was going on. No one seemed to be paying attention to me. I drifted to the side of the road, nearing the tree line, didn't care if my shoes were exposed to the soil.

I felt a chill run up my spine, feeling a presence. Supernatural presence.

"Can anyone tell me what the Hell is going on here?!?" I said, annoyed and furious. "This is pissing me off and I need to know what is going on, if it won't be too much trouble!" I kicked a pebble away and crossed my arms. I glared at each person in the group.

TAG: ALL OF YOU, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE
  16. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    It was decided, then. This dream was officially the weirdest, most realistic, most freaky and most imaginative piece of work his subconscious had ever managed to produce. Hands down winner. It was almost a work of art in itself. Seth could actually feel the chill of the air, and the sight of the huge iron gates opening really did fill him with a rather unpleasant feeling of dread. And when the...ghost host...spoke up, his voice filling the air, an even nastier thought crept into the back of Seth's mind. He'd assumed this was a dream: but what if it was a nightmare?

His fears were confirmed when he finally realised what was playing out loud: eerie organ music, literally coming from nowhere. He could have sworn he heard funeral bells before that. He followed the others towards the door, keeping close to the other people. Products of his imagination or not, safety was in numbers, safety was always in numbers. And the weird thing was that these people were like strangers but not strangers. That was LSA, Anthony, and that was Ktala. He certainly knew those two. But he'd kind of expected them to look like Obi-Wan Kenobi and an A-Wing respectively. Well, that was icons for you. The other one, Matt, he didn't know from the boards, but was pleased to see another face here. The more the better. And there were a great many nearby he hadn't talked to yet. Hopefully they would all stick around.

One of the others went to go knock at the door, and Seth watched on anxiously, biting his nails as he tended to do when he was nervous. The Ghostly Host's voice reassured them that he wouldn't scare them prematurely. Apparently the proper stuff was still to come. Great. Great. A spooky mansion. Just like that Disney ride, really. Seth had only been in Orlando like two months previously, but he couldn't really remember much about the Mansion specifically. Was this the same one? Who knew, who knew?

"Can anyone tell me what the Hell is going on here?!?" came a voice. "This is pissing me off and I need to know what is going on, if it won't be too much trouble!"

"We're in the dark too on this," Seth replied, turning around. He hesitated. He was talking to someone in his dream, and things were actually making sense. Neither of them was talking gibberish yet. That was a first. Just what kind of dream was this? "Let's just see what happens," he continued at last. "I think we're going inside soon."

Tag: LORDVIGILANCE, Eme-ma_Himou, Ktala, LSA & LadyZaraMarta, any others
  17. Teegirloo Force Ghost

star 6
    TEE

As i made my way to the hulking iron gates that i felt were quite creepy by the way i noticed i was a bit behind the others but determined to catch up. I hear an equally creepy sound that happened to be an organ playing some kind of funeral music along with clanging bells which were really annoying me.

All of a sudden the gate opens with a freakish creaking sound then loud booming weird voice that sound like it was coming from the sky said

Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion of Ravenwood. I, am your host. Your ghost host. Kindly step all the way in, please, and make room for everyone. There's no turning back now."

Im thinking what the hell is that? I continue on and noticed that i wasn't far behind the others which gave me some relief because i really dont want to go through this alone. Then i hear the strange voice again saying

"Your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as if you sense the disquieting metamorphosis. But don't worry. I won't frighten you prematurely; the real chills come later. Step lively please, we wouldn't want to leave our gates open for any old spook to enter."

That doesn't sound good to me but i carry on i must be fool but here goes nothing. I finally reach the group and they appear to be just as confused as me.

TAG: The Group
  18. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Ben

"Sweet Johnny Rambo! What the hell was that?" I exclaimed.

The door, or something, had spoken to me. Spoken.

A door.

I turned, and sat on the front step. Better to keep calm and relax then to panic and worry.

Tag; Anyone
  19. Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Master

star 4
    IC Spaceman_Spiff (Martin):

I had heard DarthIntegral?s name mentioned, and saw him milling with a small group, so I figured I would introduce myself to him and tell him that I had enjoyed his posts on the JC forums in the last few months, and that I had loved working with him on the SWC Senate Game. I guess it was too bad that our reign had suddenly been cut off without warning, but of course, that was the least of my worries. I came up to the group. ?Hi, I guess you?re all from the Jedi Council Forums, just like I am. I?m known as Spaceman_Spiff on the boards. I assume you are DarthIntegral, but who are the rest of you?? Anything to delay going into the house even for a little bit longer. ?I hope Vinnie doesn?t come back anytime soon. He gives me the creeps.?

The darkness behind the doorway beckoned me forward, but I would do my best to fight it for as long as possible, at least until a few people went in. Safety in numbers, and all that.

TAG: BaSSiL, Dubya, DarthIntegral, GM
  20. Morkai Jedi Knight

star 3
    IC: Daniel Smith

Daniel stood in the crowd next to ZM as they all gawked as the doorknocker spoke to the young bloke who had attempted to open the door. Daniel couldn't believe he was looking at a man talking to a door.... and it was talking back!. He turned to ZM and smiled over at her "a talking door knob?...what do you think is next....a singing toilet?, this place is gonna get on my nerves i just know it".

TAG: LZM, All

21. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    IC as Steph

My heart began to flutter upon hearing the familiar foyer music accompanied by the the eerie voice of the Ghost Host. My initial reaction of fear to this whole scenerio began to lift and a smile replaced the scowl of worry. The Haunted Mansion was my all-time favorite attraction at Walt Disney World and there was no way I was gonna pass up an opportunity to explore a real-time version of it.

My lips moved along silently to the Ghost Host's words as I slowly followed the rest of the group up to the old and crooked gates. I knew memorizing the entire attraction would come in handy someday. Hopefully the whole deal of the "999 Happy Haunts" was true.

But then something else hit me as the gates were opened. The whole reason those 999 haunts were happy in the first place. After passing through the attic scene in the ride, you supposedly fall out the window to your death. All those ghosts singing and having a good time in the graveyard scene are actually celebrating your death!

I swallowed hard and searched the faces of the others in the group. Was that really true or was I just paranoid again?

This time instead of getting all giddy over the Ghost Host's spiel, I noticably jumped. I took a deep, steadying breath and turned back toward the others in the group. They appeared as nervous as I felt. Good, at least I'm not alone.

TAG: Anyone interested in talking to me
  22. Dark-Enigma Jedi Knight

star 3
    IC: David Frank
    The Gate

There he stood, as stiff as the Statue of Liberty, listening to the voice as he looked upon the awaiting mansion. He didn't like this, yet he knew that there wasn't a single thing that he could do about it. He saw the others conversing like nothing was happening, and decided to sprout his own conversation after the voice.

David shuddered as the sound of the voice collided with his ear drums. He spotted a teenager that was over seven feet in height. Wouldn't hurt to make friends with him. He strolled over to the tall boy that, once his face was seen, couldn't have been more than a couple years older than him. David outstretched his hand. "Name's David," he said, his thoughts still hovering around the mansion.

Tag: Penguinator
  23. LadyZaraMarta Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    LZM

LZM had to laugh at Daniel's remark about a singing toilet.

"Maybe it will sing the blues or take requests."

ZM bent and placed a hand on Ben's shoulder.

"It's ok Ben.We all heard it.You are not ready for the funny farm.Look!" LZM waved a hand towards everyone. "You are in fine company. The key is to stick together.Just think of this as a great adventure.

LZM turned towards the door.
    "Hey!Mr Knocker! We were invited!"

(Ok. I'm talking to an ugly gorgon door knocker. I've talked to worse at bars.)

"Anyone know any knock knock jokes..."

Tag: Anyone and everyone!
  24. LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling

star 4
    James a.k.a JediCouncilMaster

James, still disoriented to what just happened, followed the group who seemed to be following some person, or ghost as it seems. It made a believer out of him. But still he was thinking that this was all a ploy. He wasn't convince they were about to witness something beyond truth.

Is fact more scarier than fiction? James kept thinking to himself. The first thing that came to his mind about ghosts were demonic possession. He hoped nothing of this sort would happen. Poltergeists, all those things made the hair on James' skin stand up.

He followed the group, lonely and chilly in the back. Hands in his pocket, he never talked to anyone. I'm always being ignored whenever I'm on the JCC, not it seems I'm being ignored by these people. Losers.... James thought in his mind.

A feeling came over him. He was no longer afraid. He was no longer weak. He was strong. He would convert the fear into power. He eyed at the pitch black infinite lining of trees to the side of the road. He could see eyes shining through the blanket of darkness. Animals perhaps. Nocturnal animals.

Looking up the path, James saw the mansion. Nice, big, fancy, but overall, creepy. A crow cawed nearby, James looked at the black bird and shuddered. He managed to stay behind this group, but at the same time wished they would only notice he was there.

"Fools...." James commented. "This is all a prank. A joke." James reassured himself. "I'm being Punk'd. Where's Ashton Kutcher? I know this is all a ploy." James mumbled.

The moon covered by grey swirls of the clouds, caught James' eye. He looked up, the moonlight shining on James as if Heaven was calling him. The light shone his pure-black hair. He sighed and wasn't even surprised by the talking knocker.

"This is all a joke. You know that right? This is not real." James said, loud enough for the people to hear. "What's next, we're gonna be greeted by Casper? Idiot. What next, the Blair Witch? The Mothman? C'mon, this is all fake."

TAG: Every Player in this Entire RP, I demand your TAG at once.

OOC: [image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a238/Jedistudent/NewJames.jpg] New pic of me...
  25. Ghostly_Host Jedi Knight

star 1
    GM's OOC:

In order to ensure a more.... orderly.... sequence of events, I am going to humbly ask you mortals to obey my tags. When I post "TAG: Penguinator Only " I really mean that Penguinator was the only one to hear the doornob talk. Therefore, posts such as Morkai's and LZM's where they are assumed to be around will, in the future, not be considered legitamate.

Peoples Positions so far
    At The Door
    LZM
    Morkai
    Penguinator
    On the Grounds
    Everyone Else

I enforce this policy to prevent potential chaos later on where people are appearing at different parts of the Mansion just automatically. Orderly Progression is key to making this RPG run. If you move somewhere (and you can move where-ever), state clearly in post that you have made your move. Posting your location on the map also below your IC will also clear up this point. With all GM posts from hereon out, I shall also update folks on their locations within the mansion.

Examples of helpful posting include:
    IC: Penguinator

OR... if you wish to link your movements with others, post.

IC: Penguinator

Any questions/comments/concerns can be addressed to the Ghostly_Host.

ALSO: ANY CHARACTERS NOT POSTED AS INSIDE THE GATE HAVE BEEN MOVED THERE

IC: Ghostly Host

The Ghostly Host, could he smile, would have as all the travelers stepped forward to enter the Manor Grounds. Then, with his willing, the gates closed behind the group, on their own, and locked.

"There were are. All locked away.... nice..... and...... secure. Welcome once again to Ravenwood Manor. You now stand on its delightful grounds, with the manor beckoning before you. You may not believe it, but beauty once lived in this house. That was of course... before the incident. But don't be frightened, you've come this far already.

TAG: ALL EXCEPT LZM, PENGUINATOR, AND MORKAI

IC: The Front Door Knob

The Gorgon watched as the man who burst into the estate exclaimed at its arrival, the turned solemnly to sit on the steps and wait for more people to come. The Gorgon's head gave a self-satisfied grin as the guy turned around. Yeah. Thats right. That would show him.

The Gorgon watched as two others joined the man and were told the story. One was a younger male, and the other, a adult woman.

"Hey! Mr Knocker!" she shouted, "We were invited!"

The Gorgon's face scrunched up in thought, then shook its head.

"I neva seened you before in muy life mum. I'd be a right rotten doorman if I would just let annyone in. Wat wid the robbers and theives an all. If you really were invited, waz the password, eh?"

TAG: ONLY LZM, Morkai, and Penguinator />/>
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.