main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Into the Unknown (AUTHOR QUESTION POSTED - Possible sequel?)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Melyanna, Oct 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue11JS

Rogue11JS Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    THAT... WAS...SO...BEAUTIFUL!

*SOBS!*

WAAAAAAAAAAA!

I cant believe its over i dont want it to be over!

2. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    Oh. My. Gosh.

I retract my earlier statement that the complimentary t-shirts should say "Longest. Fic. Ever.", because the only phrase that fits this fic that even remotely does it justice is something more along the lines of Best. Fic. Ever.

WOW, Mel. Just... WOW. What an amazing ending to an amazing fic :).

3. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    It.... it.... it CAN'T be OVER!!! :( :_|

4. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Oh, gosh, Mel.

It brings tears to my eyes, not only to think that it's over, but to remember the beatiful times in the process. I would go back and find my favorite lines from the entire fic for you, but it's too freakin' long ;) so you'll just have to be content with favorite scenes.

I love the part when Jaina first meets Jag's family. The friendly chemistry there is so touching and funny, and Danae begins to show her true character.

I love the build-up to the wedding, and then the wedding RR, especially the scene about vandalizing the speeder. It just made me laugh and sigh and smile because it was so sweet and felt so good to read.

The next part I loved was partly because I had met you and was with you while you wrote it. When Jaina lost the baby. I remember how you agonized over that scene, and others that followed and preceeded it. It turned out heartbreakingly beautiful.

Then I finally caught up when we thought Jaina and Jag would never repair their marriage. It really jolted me, because their pain was so real. Excellent writing.

Finally, the end, with the twins. I enjoyed writing the vignette so much and appreciated your positive reaction to it, and the births and epilogue are just so poignant and lovely.

This story was not just a wonderful, entertaining story, Mel. It really represents the human struggle of creating a life and a family, fighting to make a marriage work, and experiencing all the joys of success.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

5. Jade_Fel_Horn

Jade_Fel_Horn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S OVER!!!! :_| Is there a possibility for more in a different story :D If not that's fine, you've done a great job and deserve to move onto something else!

6. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    *hides from the neck scene* Gee, this is the last time I'll be able to hide from that kind of mush in here... *sniffle* Mely!!! Congratulations! It's been an incredible ride, thanks for something truly enjoyable ;)

*hides from neck mush for fun* :D

7. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Mel, I don't see any Rogues OR Wraiths.... It's horrible! Ok ok ok, I'm joking. ;) That was sweet... awwww... *gasp* I said it... nooo.

8. Jedida

Jedida Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    :_| that was so beautiful mely!

wow... i can't believe this story is over already. seems like only yesterday i found it on the boards and fell in love with it.

great story and congratulations on being able to finish it. i almost died when i had to finish mine, and it wasn't nearly as good as this!

9. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    awwwwwwww, Mely!! that was woooonnnderrfulll!

*bursts into tears* :_|

*blubbering* Jag is so sweet, those last two posts were so precious!

i can't believe that it's over! :_|

amazing story, Mel! loved every word of it! :D

10. RangerPrincess

RangerPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002

*sniffles* Oh Mely, that was a great ending. Just Great. I'm glad I stuck with it. A sequel maybe? ;) If not, I understand, it can be to demanding to be a writer. Mely, thanks for the bumby and enjoyable ride. :D

--RP

11. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Awwww *sniffle* so cute Mely! *still thinks they should have stepped into the Known ;)*

12. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    That was so beautiful Mely. I loved how you ended it with all the symbolizms and the last few lines being the title. Great job! I loved it! :D

13. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Congratulations Mely!!!

Wow, think of all the things that have happened since you started this story. ;)

And a very nice sweet epilouge too. Somehow I'm not surprised that Jag's a good singer. ;)

Congrats again! **hugs**

Now get back to work; you have other stuff to get written. ;)

14. PrincessPadme

PrincessPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 11, 2001
    Wow. I can't believe it's finally over. [face_shocked] I admit it, I've been a lurker most of the story, but I had to at least appear at the end and say what a brillant, beautiful story it was. I love your writing style, Mely, and I look forward to many great stories from you in the future--after a well-deserved break, of course. :)

Congratulations, and once again, what a wonderful job!

~Padme

15. TheBiggerFish

TheBiggerFish Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    I have no idea what to write. No idea whatsoever. I am speechless. literally speechless for the first time in my life. But I'll try and say what I mean to say.

Firstly, Em - that was so sweet and adorable and somehow made me cry, laugh, smile and sob at the same time.

Melyanna: what do I say? what can I say except for thank you, once again thank you, for a wonderful story where you're not afraid to hurt your characters because you know they will be better for it later on. I follow your example where I can, and fumble around in the dark where I can't, hoping to find what you obviously have.

*bigfishy hugs mely*

speechless, breathless...

16. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    WOW.you...you..you-FINISHED IT?!that was...wow.i said wow already?that was amazin!!!!!!!!!!!
    awwwwwwww it was soooooooo cute,special' the endin!!!!!!!!now the question that is startin to hurt my head*doesnt take much(that was my annoyin brother)
    GO AWAY ANNOYIN BRAT!!!!*heres the question r we gunna see a 3rd one???!!!coz i for one hope u do!!!!!pleaseeee pleaseeee keep writin!!

*hands chocolate* will u make this a trilogy???!!!pretty please!! :D

17. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    *starts shaking at the thought of Mely turning War and Peace into a trilogy* Do you have any idea how long it would take me to do a marathon read of another one, Mel? ;)

18. mistryljediskywalker

mistryljediskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2002
    wonderful ending Mel, I loved this story.

19. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    :_| It's finished?!?! :_|

But it was so beautiful. What a journey! Whew!

Comments on the last two pieces of this wonderful novel. ;)

Em, that was absolutely stunning! You described Jaina and Jag so well, and how they dealt with the twins...it was gorgeous! *sniffles and grabs a tissue*

Melsers-Wow.

Jag had held him once then, while he was serving as Jaina's bodyguard, and it was then that Jaina had first realized that there was more to Jag than the cocky pilot extraordinaire. I was glad to see a reflection that took me back to how all of this started...it makes you truly see how much Jag and Jaina have come through.

Jag sighed. "It's been a hard road to get here."

"I think it is for most couples, Jag," Jaina replied. "I think we just tend to attract a special kind of hardship."
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Ahhh, Mely...hehehe, that can be so true for other married couples, too. ;)

Oh, you decided to make the twins identical? Cool!

Hand in hand, one step at a time, into the unknown. *bursts into tears and runs for a box of tissues* The only way I can describe that line is that it gives me chills...good chills, though.

Congratulations on finishing the story! *sniffles and walks out of the thread wiping her eyes*

20. LadyMairead

LadyMairead Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    An absolutely beautiful, perfect ending Mely. I'm so impressed. That last post was wonderful. It had just the right amount of closure and uncertainty.

Hand in hand, one step at a time, into the unknown.

Brilliant and beautiful.

*lip trembles*

*LM's third-grade flashback continues*

But do you really have to go??

*bursts into tears*

:_|

*sobs and waves wildly as she watches Into the Unknown drive away in a U-Haul*

*starts to sprint after the truck*

You can live in my closet with my dollies and I'll bring you my green beans from dinner and brownies to eat!!

*stops running and stares after the truck with tears streaming down her face*

We made Yoda friendship-bracelets, and we promised we'd be sisters forever! You can't leave!

*sits down in the middle of the road and glares tearfully at the U-Haul as it vanishes over the horizon*

I was going to give you my Care-Bears pillow to sleep on!

*she bursts into tears again*

I'll never forget you!

:_|

Cheers, Mely. It was an amazing journey.

21. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    i agree Jedi_jainafel, but if u dnt have time thats ok Mely.

22. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    *rereads epilogue and bursts into tears again*

23. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Okay, I really just came in here to watch Mel pass out, but I also wanted to come out of lurkdom to say that this was a very lovely and enjoyable story! :) Thanks for sharing Mel! :)

24. rouge-reblekid

rouge-reblekid Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2001
    thank all that I had read this beutiful peice of 21st century literature

thank all that we ahave taken part of this project amen

25. Zara_Rose

Zara_Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    This is the second story, in as many days, that I've been reading to finally reach its end. I must say that I have greatly enjoyed your style of writing; it is both descriptive and intriguing. The story's plot was well-thought-out. I enjoyed the depth of emotion you brought to the characters' lives. Nicely done, melikes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.